NATION

PASSWORD

Find-A-Region Megathread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

How to Choose a Region to Move To?

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:30 am

Hey, this is Oppermenia.
So, I was a resident of the Conventist Federation when the Langor regime fell. The region was put into peril, with a nation I have close relations with being made executive delegate. That nation appointed me Vice-Delegate, and together we'd work together to rebuild it into the glory it once was, only we'd be better than our predecessors.
However, then a raid happened. We had to set up a small region to move to called the Centrist Union. I wanted to continue the region-building there, but it seems like since we're currently small, not much is going on with that. I don't have much of a role, either. So, I was wondering if I should stick with them and still help them build the region, or if I should leave. But then, I wondered how to choose a region to go to.
So, should I leave, or stick with them? And how do I choose what region to move to?
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:33 am

You just wandered behind the bleachers to ask the burnouts what to do with your D&D character.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:44 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:You just wandered behind the bleachers to ask the burnouts what to do with your D&D character.

Yep. Moved, General :arrow: Gameplay.

Swindenland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Swindenland » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:47 am

You could move to the United Animal Nations

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am

Oppermenia wrote:how do I choose what region to move to?

Usually people decide on the basis of ideology or similar interests. For example, a leftist would join one of the leftist regions etc, or a person interested in medieval RP would join a medieval-themed region.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am

Two new topics merged into the appropriate thread:
Getusia wrote:[nation] Getusia looking for friends and partners
Oppermenia wrote:How to Choose a Region to Move To?

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:32 am

Siranuvia wrote:Hello there, I'm still on the lookout for a region with a nation roleplay scene that accounts for eras before the 21st century and possesses no offsite forums.

How far back in eras are you looking to do PT RPs? We have some 20th century ones in the planning stages for our region. We have a Discord server, but we don't do RP there, so does that count as not an offsite forum?
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.
Teremara Regional Application Thread

Siranuvia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Siranuvia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Teremara Caretaker wrote:
Siranuvia wrote:Hello there, I'm still on the lookout for a region with a nation roleplay scene that accounts for eras before the 21st century and possesses no offsite forums.

How far back in eras are you looking to do PT RPs? We have some 20th century ones in the planning stages for our region. We have a Discord server, but we don't do RP there, so does that count as not an offsite forum?

Discord is fine, it's not a forum.
I have a Youtube Channel if you're interested; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhHFN ... WxKDmTRz2w

Riatonzatazu
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Riatonzatazu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi, i'm brand new here after discovering this site and i would love to find a new region to start with that would help me get into the game. what i'm interested in is:

- A region that isn't too controlling on how i deal with my issues, As i'm new i'd like to able to build my nation up how i want too.
- Worldbuilding, I love coming up with different things like what cities are in my nation and things like cultures, national sports, etc little details like that
- Roleplaying, I also really love roleplaying as a character, so that's why i was brought here with the idea of playing as a King which was actually able to do.
- Welcoming to new players, as I'm new i'd love to be able to have a region with a little bit more experience be able to really teach me how to properly do things around here and show me the ropes I'm a quick learner on some things but others not so much

Really what i'm looking for is a good starter region that would be able to put up with me trying to learn how the game works and won't expect me to know everything that i'm supposed to know.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 am

Riatonzatazu wrote:Hi, i'm brand new here after discovering this site and i would love to find a new region to start with that would help me get into the game. what i'm interested in is:

- A region that isn't too controlling on how i deal with my issues, As i'm new i'd like to able to build my nation up how i want too.
- Worldbuilding, I love coming up with different things like what cities are in my nation and things like cultures, national sports, etc little details like that
- Roleplaying, I also really love roleplaying as a character, so that's why i was brought here with the idea of playing as a King which was actually able to do.
- Welcoming to new players, as I'm new i'd love to be able to have a region with a little bit more experience be able to really teach me how to properly do things around here and show me the ropes I'm a quick learner on some things but others not so much

Really what i'm looking for is a good starter region that would be able to put up with me trying to learn how the game works and won't expect me to know everything that i'm supposed to know.

International Democratic Union welcomes newcomers, and has a number of players who are willing to help. Despite the name, it's open to nations of most types rather than only to democracies. (The only type really banned are outright Nazis...)
We already do some world-building -- for example, there's a regional map on which resident nations can request space, and there's a Regional Ecologist who could help you sort out your nation's wildlife if you want -- and other roleplay.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Tzonaxiqal
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzonaxiqal » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Riatonzatazu wrote:Hi, i'm brand new here after discovering this site and i would love to find a new region to start with that would help me get into the game.

Viranos revolves pretty much entirely around worldbuilding and roleplaying, especially regarding interactions between nations and characters from them. We're open to pretty much anybody of any ideology, both in-character and out-of-character, as long as people aren't jerks about it; the only real requirement is speaking (typing) understandable English and having an interest in roleplaying.

Although, I will admit, it might not be the best choice for you, as we tend to throw new folks into the deep end pretty quickly.

We also feature lots of fantasy elements in a modern setting, which is a turn-off for some people.
Call me Jem or Tzo or whatever.
Founder of Viranos, Fan(M)T RP region.

Imperial Confederation of Tzonaxiqal
"There is no brotherhood among beasts."

Dravidian-Thai-Malayan-Mesoamerican-Incan-Salishan-Swahili Dumpsterfire Chimera
Elective Federal Constitutional Monarchy
Wayawa is rightful Tzonaqi clay.

Current RPs:

Alexandrianium
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexandrianium » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Hey guys. Are there any Economic roleplaying regions? I'm looking to get some ideas cx

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Alexandrianium wrote:Hey guys. Are there any Economic roleplaying regions? I'm looking to get some ideas cx

Can you clarify what you mean?
If nothing else, you could check out the 'Global Economics & Trade' forum, it might have what you're looking for

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Alexandrianium wrote:Hey guys. Are there any Economic roleplaying regions? I'm looking to get some ideas cx

If nothing else, you could check out the 'Global Economics & Trade' forum, it might have what you're looking for

^^^ This. There's plenty of sticky threads in GE&T that will probably have what you're looking for. There's not too many RP regions that focus solely on economics, but some that regard it as a bigger factor in RP than others.
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.
Teremara Regional Application Thread

Roelandia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roelandia » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:53 pm

I don't know exactly what you mean by that, but my relatively new region Cinderia has a strong economic component.
We rank nations in a number of power slots and define their nominal GDP and nominal GDP per capita. The power slots are divided into 3 superpowers, 5 great powers, 7 middle powers and no limits on small powers.
The details of the power position ranking can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443774

Futhermore, the map has several natural resources listed which serve as guidelines for geopolitical RP's which also have an economic twist.
The details on the map and its resources can be found here (in the spoiler tags further down): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443651
Personal 8 values

Politiscales result

This nation represents my real life views
I don't use NS stats, but that goes without saying if you look at my factbooks.

Lost Roses
Civilian

Founded: Jun 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Roses » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:

What I was mainly interested in would be a region modeled after a corporation

Alexandrianium
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexandrianium » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Lost Roses wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Can you clarify what you mean?

What I was mainly interested in would be a region modeled after a corporation

Apologize nation-states keeps logging an old puppet in lol

In8
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby In8 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:52 pm

I am looking for an active region with a map of some sort. Preferably, the map should allow for relatively large nations. A Christian region would be nice, as long as it tolerates a sort of strange form of government (a type of theocratic pseudo-confederacy ruled by a overarching central government). Non religious is fine too.

If anything I would really like a region with its own specific rules for how conflicts and events play out. While I do somewhat like roleplaying, I am not the best at it and would really like a sort of defined ruleset. Light roleplaying regions or heavy roleplaying regions that do not expect too much skill are fine too.

Winst
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Winst » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:06 am

In8 wrote:I am looking for an active region with a map of some sort. Preferably, the map should allow for relatively large nations. A Christian region would be nice, as long as it tolerates a sort of strange form of government (a type of theocratic pseudo-confederacy ruled by a overarching central government). Non religious is fine too.

If anything I would really like a region with its own specific rules for how conflicts and events play out. While I do somewhat like roleplaying, I am not the best at it and would really like a sort of defined ruleset. Light roleplaying regions or heavy roleplaying regions that do not expect too much skill are fine too.

You should check out Greater Olympus we have a pretty cool map if I do say so myself, and the size of the nation is pretty easy to control on your end (although there are ramifications for any choice).

We have a cool system in place that gives what we call land bios, which show population maximums and what type of economy your nation would have, without trying to dictate to much information. The goal of the system is simply to focus your nation a bit more and help jump start world building. We are fairly active and the discord is a lot of fun so I'd say pop in and give us a look!
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Vungar
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vungar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Papalica wrote:Hey NS,
Im looking for a region to join that is either conservative, christian or both.
If anyone can help me with that it'd be great.

I know that this may be a little late, but I think that you should check out Farkasfalka.
Founder and Király Farkas of Farkasfalka and the Farkas Lovagok
_________ | _________ | _________ | _________ | _________

Curupiri
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Curupiri » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:54 am

Howdy all!

I am looking for a moderately sized region that focuses on character-driven cooperative roleplay. I'd prefer one that has areas for stories unrelated to NS, and while I don't mind using my nation as a starting point I would like a place that caters to drama and adventure as opposed to hard politics and GDP/troop counts. In fact, if I go to my grave and never once have to calculate my nation's exports or the number of tanks I will die a happy Val.

I don't mind an offsite forum, but would prefer a region that is already established with a decently active community of writers willing to take new characters. I've already bounced through too many half-baked regions only for them to disintegrate once a story started getting momentum and then having to craft something from scratch a week later. My preferred style is para to multi-para RP, focusing on one primary for each writer with NPCs as needed.

Got a lead? Need samples? Drop me a line!

Val

De Almerland
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby De Almerland » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Curupiri wrote:Howdy all!

I am looking for a moderately sized region that focuses on character-driven cooperative roleplay. I'd prefer one that has areas for stories unrelated to NS, and while I don't mind using my nation as a starting point I would like a place that caters to drama and adventure as opposed to hard politics and GDP/troop counts. In fact, if I go to my grave and never once have to calculate my nation's exports or the number of tanks I will die a happy Val.

I don't mind an offsite forum, but would prefer a region that is already established with a decently active community of writers willing to take new characters. I've already bounced through too many half-baked regions only for them to disintegrate once a story started getting momentum and then having to craft something from scratch a week later. My preferred style is para to multi-para RP, focusing on one primary for each writer with NPCs as needed.

Val

You could try Greater Olympus, yes it is a region that likes statistics but only the basics are needed such as population and how your nation fits in the world economically, and military size (There is no GDP here), but you do not have to worry about the trivial stuff. There is a place for all types RP'ers, since RP's don't have to be limited to hard politics, it can be anything reasonable.
A Dutch nation located on the continent of Lira, known for its confectionery, aircrafts, architecture, and strict cleanliness laws (surprisingly drugs are not listed)
Pro: Punishing corporations that commit crimes, Nuclear Power, Switzerland, Science, Singapore's cleanliness and conduct policies, Space exploration, Cultural nationalism, moderate capitalism

Anti: , Mass immigration/refugees, Justin Trudeau, Equal wages,Welfare for lazy people, EU, Bombing Countries Without a good reason, Chavs, Jeremy Corbyn, Internet Surveillance, Regressive Leftism, Pseudoscience, Hillary Clinton, Hard-drugs, Anti-Russia sentiment,
Antifa
Economic 1.63
Social -2.87

Tzonaxiqal
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzonaxiqal » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Curupiri wrote:Howdy all!

Val

Viranos likes to nail down some basic statistics and a nation's place/role in the global community, but it revolves mostly around interactions between nations and the character interactions and adventures that occur as a result. As an added bonus, we're also really heavily fantasy-influenced (although we use MT/early PMT), so that also serves as a catalyst for a lot of things and a contributor to the overall theme of the region.
Call me Jem or Tzo or whatever.
Founder of Viranos, Fan(M)T RP region.

Imperial Confederation of Tzonaxiqal
"There is no brotherhood among beasts."

Dravidian-Thai-Malayan-Mesoamerican-Incan-Salishan-Swahili Dumpsterfire Chimera
Elective Federal Constitutional Monarchy
Wayawa is rightful Tzonaqi clay.

Current RPs:

Tia Regness
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tia Regness » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:54 am

Hi, I am still look for an active Role play region. MT preferably and with a discord aswell as ns forum presence

Fardhin
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fardhin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Tia Regness wrote:Hi, I am still look for an active Role play region. MT preferably and with a discord aswell as ns forum presence

The Srivijayan Consortium is a fairly young RP region, with ambitious plans of alternate canons for multiple RPs. We are willing to host anything ranging from PT, FanT, MT, PMT and FT. As we are a young region, we are still working on other AUs and RPs. We have a Discord as well.
THE FARDHINIST COALITION OF THE NATIONS OF MALAYA
"Hand in hand, we march to meet tomorrow."
Chairman : Farid Harun Samporna | Official Language : Malay | IC Year : 2069 | Anthem : Malaya will be Victorious!
A coalition of the nations of Malaya working hand in hand towards common goals and supporting each other. Founded to combat Natzarist faction in currently ongoing Malayan Civil War [PMT | OPEN].

NEWS:Coalition conducts ICBM and nuclear test, armed missile launched into Sahara with cooperation of Malayan ally, Cairene Arabia. | "Natzar is a fraud and the aristocratic party are traitors. If you are loyal to Malaya, it is much better to support the Coalition." says former Crown Prince Sayf Ar-Rijal Bolkiah.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay