NATION

PASSWORD

The 2015 Gameplay Awards: The Results are Out!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Gameplay Awards 2015
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

The 2015 Gameplay Awards: The Results are Out!

Postby Gameplay Awards 2015 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:28 pm

An exciting year in R/D is winding down...
And so we're introducing:
The 2015 Gameplay Awards

The following categories are available for award:

Most Influential Gameplayer:
Official Nominations: Cormac Stark | Astarial | McMasterdonia
Best Raider:
Official Nominations: Cora | Ever-Wandering Souls | Marselesk | Raging Zen Master | Kemi
Best Defender:
Official Nominations: Drop Your Pants | Benevolent Thomas | Marselesk | Ravania | Kazmr
Best Up-and-Coming Raider:
Official Nominations: Knot | Kyorgia
Best Up-and-Coming Defender:
Official Nominations: Red Dusk | Festavo
Best Invader Organization:
Official Nominations: DEN | The Black Hawks
Best Defender Organization:
Official Nominations: Ten thousand Islands Treaty Organization | Spiritus Defense Force | Lazarene Liberation Army
Invasion of the Year:
Official Nominations: St Abbaddon | The Greater German Reich | The Black Riders
Liberation of the Year:
Official Nominations: Lazarus | Asia
Noteworthy Event of the Year:
Official Nominations: The Fall of The Black Riders | The Liberation of Lazarus | The Introduction of Regional Officers

Information on Nominations and Voting (please read):
Code: Select all
[b][u]Nomination Ticket[/u][/b]

[b]Most Influential Gameplayer:[/b]
[b]Best Raider:[/b]
[b]Best Defender:[/b]
[b]Best Up-and-Coming Raider:[/b]
[b]Best Up-and-Coming Defender:[/b]
[b]Best Invader Organization:[/b]
[b]Best Defender Organization:[/b]
[b]Invasion of the Year:[/b]
[b]Liberation of the Year:[/b]
[b]Noteworthy Event of the Year:[/b]

• You may nominate anyone or anything by posting in this thread. You may nominate multiple nominees. An explanation for why you chose the nominee is optional. Please use the above ticket for your nomination.
  • Someone else must nominate your nominee to be officially nominated.
  • Nominations will remain open from 12/19 to 12/29 at 11:59 EST.
  • Voting will be take place from 12/30 to 1/2 at 11:59 EST. Public votes in this thread or private votes TG'd to Gameplay Awards 2015 during the aforementioned time period will be counted.

Voting Procedure: see here.

Congratulations to the Winners: see here.
Last edited by Gameplay Awards 2015 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 17 times in total.

WraithFIN
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby WraithFIN » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Nomination Ticket
Best Raider: Cora II
Best Defender: Sheep (everyone know who I am talking about)
Best Up-and-Coming Raider:Knot
Best Invader Organization:DEN
Best Defender Organization:TITO
Invasion of the Year:-
Liberation of the Year:-
Noteworthy Event of the Year:-
EX-Colonel of DEN
General of Black Riders

Stalker Queen
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalker Queen » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: Cormac Stark -- No matter whose side he or anyone else is on, he always manages to make his mark on Gameplay.
Best Raider: Cora II -- OOC personality, determination, dedication, activity and charisma.
Best Defender: Benevolent Thomas -- OOC personality, determination, dedication, activity and optimism.
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Knot II -- New to raiding (but not to R/D) but his skill and activity at raiding stands out.
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: N/A -- I do not know any new defenders.
Best Invader Organization: DEN -- Disciplined and raiding-centric, but with activity in foreign affairs on the agenda, and making their attitude "Raider Unity" go both ways, instead of just using it as an excuse to get pilers for their own operations.
Best Defender Organization: Lazarus Liberation Army
Invasion of the Year: Japan -- The liberation attempts were impressive, but Japan ended up surrendering a second time, so to speak.
Liberation of the Year: Japan -- Although it failed, it was the most impressive liberation attempt of this year...
Noteworthy Event of the Year: The fall of The Black Riders -- Exactly what it says on the can: flame wars, red-text, DoS orders, massive arguments, hypocrisy, infiltration, regional government, raids, piling, liberations all in one!
Last edited by Stalker Queen on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Any statements made from this nation are representative of the personal views of the player behind it, and should not be taken as the views of any region or organisation they may be part of.
Luna Amore wrote:You stalkin' too close.
Retired.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: Cormac Stark -- Stalker Queen put it best, he's somehow involved in absolutely everything.
Best Raider: Ever-Wandering Souls -- Solid chap, does a lot for invading, and I think it's brilliant how he's grown up from a little Eternal Knight to someone capable :')
Best Defender: Benevolent Thomas -- All around solid guy, did a fuckton for Defending this year.
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Knot II -- Traitorous little badger
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: Red Dusk -- The glorious Rubber Ducky Defender, only major updater able to beat me into jumps on a semi-consistent basis
Best Invader Organization: The Black Hawks -- Professional, Classy, and Impressive in their operations.
Best Defender Organization: The Spiritus Defense Force -- Is it self-promotion if it's true? Probably. Still, fielding 4+ updaters a night regularly, in addition to an active minor update team, ain't no laughing matter. I'm happy with us.
Invasion of the Year: The Black Riders -- Beautiful, hilarious, yeah.
Liberation of the Year: Asia -- Sorry Face Dancers, can't let you have all of them
Noteworthy Event of the Year: Lazarus -- The event not only led to a lot of significant Gameplayers losing a lot of face, but it could be argued many of the NPO's recent reforms and the transition from Krulltopia to Moldavi happened because of it. Seems pretty big to me.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Nomination Ticket
Most Influential Gameplayer: Astarial (SillyString) -- Delegate of The North Pacific and has built strong relationships across the gameplay spectrum.
Best Raider: Marselesk -- Doing great things organizationally and tactically as Co-Field Marshal of The Black Hawks.
Best Defender: Benevolent Thomas -- Consistently the most active update defender and involved in a lot of training as well.
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Knot II -- Which up and coming raider has made a bigger splash? He's currently the most active face of DEN.
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: Red Dusk -- This Spiritus Defense Force soldier isn't well known but is one of the most active, newer defenders.
Best Invader Organization: The Black Hawks -- Hate on me for nominating a region I'm in if you want, but TBH has been doing many of the best long-term raids for years and 2015 was no exception.
Best Defender Organization: Spiritus Defense Force -- This defender force has gone from tiny to a force to be reckoned with this year thanks to a strong training and recruitment drive.
Invasion of the Year: St Abbaddon -- It may not be over yet, but with a big demonstration of raider unity at the beginning, a massive support force, and the first big Security Council liberation resolution drama in a while, St Abbaddon is shaping up to be the major raid of this year.
Liberation of the Year: Asia -- This was probably the best showing from defenders in a liberation all year, if not in a couple of years.
Noteworthy Event of the Year: Regional Officers. Enough said.

For next year, if you do this next year, you may want to consider adding a category like "Best Independent Organization." Many strong forces such as the North Pacific Army, the Europeian Republican Navy, the LKE Imperial Army, etc., are left out of these awards because they are neither exclusively raider nor exclusively defender.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: Onderkelkia
Best Raider: Gest
Best Defender: Benevolent Thomas
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Knot
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: Don't know any sadly
Best Invader Organization: The Black Hawks, bias aside
Best Defender Organization: TITO
Invasion of the Year: The Black Riders
Liberation of the Year: Asia
Noteworthy Event of the Year: Fall of TBR
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: -
Best Raider: Ever-Wandering Souls
Best Defender: Drop Your Pants
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: -
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: -
Best Invader Organization: DEN
Best Defender Organization: -
Invasion of the Year: St Abbaddon
Liberation of the Year: -
Noteworthy Event of the Year: Probably the fall of TBR.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Knot II
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: Cormac Stark: Self-explanatory. He's very well-known, in a good and bad way, in that some people look up to him and others come out of retirement to flame him.
Best Raider: Kleo: As a Field Marshal of TBH, he's the mastermind behind the operation of the organization, from delving into sleeper ops and leading raids to training new recruits.
Best Defender: Benevolent Thomas: Still very much a class act.
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Varax: Old guy, new raider. He actively leads large-scale tagging raids for various organizations.
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: Izon: Often the only active defender during updates these days. At the very least, he still responds to nearly all invader threats.
Best Invader Organization: DEN: The largest invader organization in the world, with currently over eighty-five DEN units being fielded in St Abbaddon at the moment, and implements a solid Foreign Affairs program with an effective leadership.
Best Defender Organization: TITO: Not the best nor the brightest, but gotta give a shout-out to the only active defender organization of late.
Invasion of the Year: The Greater German Reich: Over fifty updaters were scrambled from a dozen organizations over the course of a couple hours to assist Antifa in invading a prominent fascist region. Props to all involved, as well as to the five who successfully refounded the region about a month later.
St Abbaddon: A defender mistake caused the invasion of St Abbaddon to take place over the course of two updates, and with the invader delegate sitting at over ninety endorsements, the future of the natives looks bleak, despite two Liberation proposals sitting in the Security Council queue.
Liberation of the Year: Lazarus: A large-scale liberation effort by multiple regional organizations that prevented the colonization of Lazarus by the New Pacific Order.
Noteworthy Event of the Year: The fall of TBR: Two DoS's caused the fall of the largest raider organization, an invasion of the region by anti-TBR natives, the subsequent coup by raider operatives, and the monumental rise of the DEN army.
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.
[12:20 AM] Chingis Otchigin: Knot's hammer is splash damage konfirmed

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Knot II wrote:Best Raider: Kleo: As a Field Marshal of TBH, he's the mastermind behind the operation of the organization, from delving into sleeper ops and leading raids to training new recruits.

Just fyi for the person running this, Marselesk = Kleo.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: [Violet] -unorthodox, sure, but without admin we wouldn't have had RO's and instant delegate resignation this year. Those are both pretty influential.
Best Raider: Raging Zen Master - let's throw a new name in there! This guy is always Walken around, juggling both Euro and TBH well. Always dependable, fun, and awesome.
Best Defender: Thomas , always :P
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Anera - Out of nowhere, keeping LWU alive, already risen to Il-Khan.
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: Tim. How Tim up and coming? You see, Ivan, fenda is up at update, and coming for you!
Best Invader Organization: TBH. Bias or no bias, it's The Best Hawks :P
Best Defender Organization: Well, it's hard to tell when y'all don't fly flags :P Um, shoutout to whoever stopped two raids on GD during the world's fair. If they want to step up and name their org, I'll nominate it xD
Invasion of the Year: TBR. Let's be honest, who did have a chuckle/laugh/smile/at least a bit of respect when they found out the delegate and entire cabinet of TBR were raiders, the week before RaiderCon, and even went for far as to rig a constitutional convention? Prior, that had been the largest single action of natives striking back at a raider failure, and it was flipped from a triumph to a humiliation.
Liberation of the Year: Asia. Hands down, beat out the first RO invasions with four active RO's, using a massive sleeper network. Textbook job, fellows.
Noteworthy Event of the Year: RO's. I know a lot of people brought up TBR, but at the end of the day, it's fall was just the fall of one of many raider regions. Given ten years, it'll likely be another Children of the Grave or Imperial Legion. RO's created a massive change in the core mechanics and strategies of carrying out a raid - affecting influence, ejections, refoundings, the number of people involved in being a "point," allowing non-wa control of a region without being a founder, etc. This is an event that will shape GP for years to come.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:30 pm

I would like to nominate a single nation for every category.

AND HIS NAME HIS JOHN CENA (sorta).

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: JEAN CENA
Best Raider: JEAN CENA
Best Defender:JEAN CENA
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: JEAN CENA
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: JEAN CENA
Best Invader Organization: JEAN CENA
Best Defender Organization: JEAN CENA
Invasion of the Year: JEAN CENA
Liberation of the Year: JEAN CENA
Noteworthy Event of the Year: JEAN CENA

(Sorry for the lack of a serious form, I've been inactive and uniformed as of late :P)
(I'm so sorry.)
(I regret everything)
Last edited by Valrifell on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Nomination Ticket

Most Influential Gameplayer: Ever-Wandering Souls.
Best Raider: Raging Zen Master.
Best Defender: Benevolent Thomas.
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Kyorgia.
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: Red Dusk.
Best Invader Organization: The Black Hawks.
Best Defender Organization: Lazarus Liberation Army.
Invasion of the Year: The Greater German Reich.
Liberation of the Year: Lazarus.
Noteworthy Event of the Year: Lazarus.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Gameplay Awards 2015
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gameplay Awards 2015 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:35 pm

OP updated.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Though I don't want to make this partisan by forcing the OP to reveal who they are, is there any assurance in this that the Administator/s of this is capable enough of sorting through votes to ensure that puppet votes don't end up being a factor within voting. I know the FRA has done an effective job of ensuring that votes are kept to one vote per voter, and since this is a pretty cool awards thing I'd love to know what kind of assurances there may be. Please don't take this as any sort of doubt, I just know well how puppet voting can affect things :P

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Gameplay Awards 2015 wrote:OP updated.

I can kind of understand you not accepting my nomination of [violet] (though I was 100% serious), but why disqualify Anera?

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Gameplay Awards 2015 wrote:OP updated.

I can kind of understand you not accepting my nomination of [violet] (though I was 100% serious), but why disqualify Anera?

From the OP: "Someone else must nominate your nominee to be officially nominated."

I think both of those only have one nomination at the moment.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

From the OP: "Someone else must nominate your nominee to be officially nominated."

I think both of those only have one nomination at the moment.

/me bangs head on desk

Sorry I'm an idiot who missed the not so fine print OP :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:34 pm

Eh... These contests are a little meh but sure why not.

Nomination Ticket

Best Raider: Ever-Wandering Souls, not even close. Will also nominate Cora though because they amuse me.
Best Defender: B. Thomas, the bestest attack helicopter
Best Up-and-Coming Raider:
Best Invader Organization: TBH? Yeah why not.
Best Defender Organization: TITO and its hoards of well meaning but slow minions.
Invasion of the Year: The Greater German Reich
Liberation of the Year: Edit: As Misley and Cormac have noted, I have a terrible memory.
Noteworthy Event of the Year: The NPO and Lazarus and their tragically short lived bromance. Alternatively, the rather abrupt end of the UIAF and its reign of glorious terror.

Valrifell wrote:(I'm so sorry.)
(I regret everything)

Regret nothing. John Cena would have no regrets.
Last edited by Consular on Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Misley » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Consular wrote:Liberation of the Year: The Greater German Reich (when it was retaken after I ballsed it all up! Yes, I consider that a liberation...)

The Greater German Reich was never liberated.
EGO·VERO·CUSTOSFRATRIS·MEI·SUM
Socialist People's Provinces of Misley

Editor of the Red & Black
Fleet Admiral of The Red Fleet
Custodian of The Internationale

Vancouvia
Minister

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Vancouvia » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Blake Belladonna
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Blake Belladonna » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Vancouvia wrote:Best Raider: United German Regions

A good raider can keep control of the region s/he raids until s/he is done there. We didn't even need to get involved for him to lose office - his own fellows took care of that one.

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:20 pm

Most Influential Gameplayer: Cormac Stark
Best Raider: Cora II
Best Defender:Marselesk, as per my report in TBR
Best Up-and-Coming Raider: Kyorgia
Best Up-and-Coming Defender: Rom
Best Invader Organization: DEN
Best Defender Organization: TITO
Invasion of the Year: AHW
Liberation of the Year: No idea
Noteworthy Event of the Year: Lazarus coup

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:22 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Though I don't want to make this partisan by forcing the OP to reveal who they are, is there any assurance in this that the Administator/s of this is capable enough of sorting through votes to ensure that puppet votes don't end up being a factor within voting. I know the FRA has done an effective job of ensuring that votes are kept to one vote per voter, and since this is a pretty cool awards thing I'd love to know what kind of assurances there may be. Please don't take this as any sort of doubt, I just know well how puppet voting can affect things :P

Honesty

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Misley wrote:
Consular wrote:Liberation of the Year: The Greater German Reich (when it was retaken after I ballsed it all up! Yes, I consider that a liberation...)

The Greater German Reich was never liberated.

I think he meant NAZI EUROPE.

Misley
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Misley » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:35 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Misley wrote:The Greater German Reich was never liberated.

I think he meant NAZI EUROPE.

Maybe, but that was in 2014.
EGO·VERO·CUSTOSFRATRIS·MEI·SUM
Socialist People's Provinces of Misley

Editor of the Red & Black
Fleet Admiral of The Red Fleet
Custodian of The Internationale

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay