NATION

PASSWORD

Brotherhood of Shadows

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elysium Station
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysium Station » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:53 am

:bow:
The beautiful NT soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM

Sentinel Optik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel Optik » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:45 pm

So Sci, why are you plotting against your own ally?
Last edited by Sentinel Optik on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:08 pm

"It's so much easier in RL".

If he is as smart as his plots, he would at least end up shooting himself by accident.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:22 pm

In light of these logs, one would think I am guilty. I do not blame you due to my past track record, but I have changed. I promise you this conversation was hypothetical and in no way, shape, or form serious in it's intentions. I as a person may dislike Gest or the HC in DEN, but I have my morals, and those do include not committing slander. And I've had friends hurt by sexual harassment in real life, And I've had friends accused of harassment also, so that is not something I would inflict upon others. And the note about shooting Gest was a note about how so much easier real life is compared to NS. And I engage in frequent hypotheticals. Such as about how to plan murder (I do not desire to do so) and on other topics, such as alternative history. And for DEN, I do not dislike the region, as we are all raiders and so we benefit each other with our existence. The phrasing for all of what I wrote was off, because of several reason. One is that at this point in my life I'm under extreme duress and stress, and the other is that when I will take a position or part inn something, I will do it speaking that role.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:13 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:In light of these logs, one would think I am guilty. I do not blame you due to my past track record, but I have changed. I promise you this conversation was hypothetical and in no way, shape, or form serious in it's intentions. I as a person may dislike Gest or the HC in DEN, but I have my morals, and those do include not committing slander. And I've had friends hurt by sexual harassment in real life, And I've had friends accused of harassment also, so that is not something I would inflict upon others. And the note about shooting Gest was a note about how so much easier real life is compared to NS. And I engage in frequent hypotheticals. Such as about how to plan murder (I do not desire to do so) and on other topics, such as alternative history. And for DEN, I do not dislike the region, as we are all raiders and so we benefit each other with our existence. The phrasing for all of what I wrote was off, because of several reason. One is that at this point in my life I'm under extreme duress and stress, and the other is that when I will take a position or part inn something, I will do it speaking that role.

Oh, shut up. I don't want to hear that "I'm under soo much stress" garbage. You know who else is? Most of your fellow players. Sack the fuck up and take some responsibility.

Oh, and don't try coming back out of your hole in Wintreath again either.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Ayvari
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:24 pm

Sci, I knew you didn't have reasonable limits on what you would and wouldn't do. But this? This is too much. I'm frankly shocked at the lows these logs suggest you'd stoop to.
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:44 pm

So, umm, in light of these very serious allegations, is Sci still involved in the Brotherhood of Shadows? I would hope not, but as I'm not seeing any clarification in this thread, it seems worth asking.
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:48 pm

He is the founder.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Frattastan II wrote:He is the founder.

Tardis is the Founder, not Sci.
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:52 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote: One is that at this point in my life I'm under extreme duress and stress, and the other is that when I will take a position or part inn something, I will do it speaking that role.

To risk sounding like an insensitive bastard, suck it up buttercup. To be frank, this is a cop-out that simply should not be an excuse, and is not an excuse. It's not an excuse for actions in the real world, it's not an excuse for actions here, it's not an excuse in actions on other games. As someone who's under plenty of stress, I still manage, plenty of other people with stress still manage. Not only does trying to use this as a reason make you seem as if you're grasping for straws in regards to an actual reason, but it's frankly an insult to every one of us that's actually coping with the stress without making these excuses.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Sci is one of the co-founders, last I heard.

Something that'll need to change fast if BoSS wants its reputation that it's worked damn hard for to stay around.
Last edited by Ambroscus Koth on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

McMannia Squared
Secretary

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby McMannia Squared » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:55 pm

Sci has been removed from his post for the time being. The remaining leaders are making a final decision on what to do, they are waiting on word from Tardis before a final decision can be made. The most important thing to know is that Sci acted alone, he did so without our support or notifying us of his plans.

Sentinel Optik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel Optik » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:01 pm

McMannia Squared wrote:Sci has been removed from his post for the time being. The remaining leaders are making a final decision on what to do, they are waiting on word from Tardis before a final decision can be made. The most important thing to know is that Sci acted alone, he did so without our support or notifying us of his plans.

As the person who leaked the logs I would like to confirm this, that I genuinely do not believe that anyone else in BoSS was involved.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:59 pm

You all are trash. Slandering Sci's name! I've made plenty of spiteful comments before and I never got in trouble for them! Wonder why? Because they weren't SERIOUS comments! Now Sci may sound like a terrorist but he doesn't mean any of it, he said this in a PRIVATE skype chat and people can say ANYTHING in those chats for the hell of just SAYING things without meaning the . I've known him and he's a pretty chill dude! He has fun, acts humble, gives encouragement and was likely exaggerating his rivalry with Gest as a fellow raider or like sure Sci hates Gest but do you honestly believe he meant every word he said? He's a young boy, He IS stressed out lately and doesn't value his own life like he should.

His raider group has reinforced DEN's raids MANY times, with Sci's approval. A.k.a. Sci has supported Gest for a long ass time, Why should a few of his hateful comments get posted on a public forum for everyone to see, HUH?! ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS. A few minutes verbal-abuse slip-up after YEARS of BoSS supporting DEN? if you have a brain cell, you can tell which one is greater in meaning. Now I do NOT tolerate that Sci should have said those words, he was trying to find the cruelest thing to say and said it, but if you shut his mouth up and look at his ACTIONS, he's no traitor. Actually YOU are garbage without trying to find out the full story.

It's also none of your damn business, he admits to having no intention of doing what he said. Also, the person who screenshottrd his comments? YOU should have sent that screenshot to GEST or KNOT or IVO to make a decision, not post it on a public forum to stress him out and potentially ruin the reputation of DEN's allies. It makes me wonder if you're just doing this to be spiteful and not out of true loyalty to DEN or BoSS; you removed all the CONTEXT and showed ONLY the bad parts, and pasted it out on public, yeah that's something I will never agree with you about, regardless of whether Sci was wrong, you acted worse.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 pm

The stress cop out is total bull. Most people in this game know what I do for a living, and that is corrections. Just the other day I had an inmate throw fire at me, but you don't see me coming out and doing something ridiculous like this. As for Yuno's comment. Sci was banned from DEN and for good reason, his banning from DEN is as good a motive as any to want to take a shot at Gest.
Last edited by Vaculatestar64 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyghostIII
Civilian

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby GreyghostIII » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:The stress cop out is total bull. Most people in this game know what I do for a living, and that is corrections. Just the other day I had an inmate throw fire at me, but you don't see me coming out and doing something ridiculous like this.

Please keep in mind how everyone copes with stress in different ways. I'm not saying what he did was okay, but the stress is not in fact, "bull." Please also bear in mind his age, which is no excuse, either, but it is a factor.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 pm

GreyghostIII wrote:
Vaculatestar64 wrote:The stress cop out is total bull. Most people in this game know what I do for a living, and that is corrections. Just the other day I had an inmate throw fire at me, but you don't see me coming out and doing something ridiculous like this.

Please keep in mind how everyone copes with stress in different ways. I'm not saying what he did was okay, but the stress is not in fact, "bull." Please also bear in mind his age, which is no excuse, either, but it is a factor.

So immaturity is an excuse for potential criminal activity now? Sorry, not buying it. Back when I used to pound the beat, and busted a kid for criminal activity, their age was never taken into account. They knew what they did was wrong, and were treated as such. I understand stress can be difficult to cope with, and in this instance Sci really should have pushed back from the keyboard and called it a day instead. To me, these clearly look like real life threats, and Sci should be dealt with accordingly.

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:27 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
GreyghostIII wrote:

So immaturity is an excuse for potential criminal activity now? Sorry, not buying it. Back when I used to pound the beat, and busted a kid for criminal activity, their age was never taken into account. They knew what they did was wrong, and were treated as such. I understand stress can be difficult to cope with, and in this instance Sci really should have pushed back from the keyboard and called it a day instead. To me, these clearly look like real life threats, and Sci should be dealt with accordingly.

Sci was dumb to do all of this and I want him kicked out of raiderdom. But let's not go overboard. It's not criminal activity or a threat because it was not communicated to myself and even if it had been I wasn't exactly going to be panicking for my life. There is mens rea but no actus reus.
Last edited by Gest on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nivagard
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nivagard » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 am

Looks like someone got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Whoops.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:20 am

Locking this pending review. I don't currently have time to review this myself, but hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

Cogitation
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 27, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cogitation » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:16 pm

"Sentinel Optik" just got a 3-day forumban for Egregious Flamebait. The full ruling is over here: viewtopic.php?p=27856038#p27856038

Queen Yuno wrote:You all are trash. <snip> Actually YOU are garbage without trying to find out the full story.
Quit it with the namecalling. Now.

iUnlock.

--The Modified Democratic States of Cogitation
"Think about it for a moment."
NationStates Game Moderator

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay