NATION

PASSWORD

DEN NEWS | Operation Blitz: Atlantis Invaded!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Knot II
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:But is he a Major Field Marshal?

That implies "Sergeant Major Field Marshal", which is a lower rank than "Field Marshal" if we're going by the traditional military nomenclature of Major General being subordinate to General. ;)
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.
[12:20 AM] Chingis Otchigin: Knot's hammer is splash damage konfirmed

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Knot II wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:But is he a Major Field Marshal?

That implies "Sergeant Major Field Marshal", which is a lower rank than "Field Marshal" if we're going by the traditional military nomenclature of Major General being subordinate to General. ;)

Except that, for us, they're entirely separate processes :lol: I've held the title of Field Marshal while at the ranks of both Lt. and now Maj.

You see why it bugs people ;)
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:56 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Knot II wrote:That implies "Sergeant Major Field Marshal", which is a lower rank than "Field Marshal" if we're going by the traditional military nomenclature of Major General being subordinate to General. ;)

Except that, for us, they're entirely separate processes :lol: I've held the title of Field Marshal while at the ranks of both Lt. and now Maj.

You authoritarians and your love of hierarchy and bureaucratic process. May I make a friendly suggestion and say you should get rid of it all? Why should one be subordinate to another? All should be equal.
Did you see a ghost?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:00 am

Natapoc wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

You authoritarians and your love of hierarchy and bureaucratic process. May I make a friendly suggestion and say you should get rid of it all? Why should one be subordinate to another? All should be equal.

Unfortunately, "lack of command structure," "equality for all," and anarchy in general are not traits that often work well with "large, organized military force."
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 pm

Yay! Raiding is fun!
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm

So is the original DEN having a 12th anniversary somewhere that we should know about, one of the varied schisms afterwards is celebrating, is this about the 12th anniversary of the Black Riders, the 12th anniversary of the region Anarchy, or is this the new zombie branding invader group trying to lay claim to an unbroken raider tradition from the DEN of 2004? Inquiring minds want to know.

Knot II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:26 pm

The Bruce wrote:or is this the new zombie branding invader group trying to lay claim to an unbroken raider tradition from the DEN of 2004?

Your compatriots wish that you actively defended instead of sitting idly as the founder of an intermittent invader jump point, making snarky comments toward every invader success.

DEN was founded on February 27th, 2004. The current incarnation you see is the only existing successor organization supported by former leadership, after DEN Central Command faded away in 2013.
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Knot II wrote:
The Bruce wrote:or is this the new zombie branding invader group trying to lay claim to an unbroken raider tradition from the DEN of 2004?

Your compatriots wish that you actively defended instead of sitting idly as the founder of an intermittent invader jump point, making snarky comments toward every invader success.

DEN was founded on February 27th, 2004. The current incarnation you see is the only existing successor organization supported by former leadership, after DEN Central Command faded away in 2013.

Snark? I believe the pot has called the kettle.

Knot II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Snark? I believe the pot has called the kettle.

Unlike The Bruce, I only post snide comments when I see the other side lose.

I post a lot of snide comments.
★★ General ★★
DEN

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:35 pm

The Bruce wrote:So is the original DEN having a 12th anniversary somewhere that we should know about, one of the varied schisms afterwards is celebrating, is this about the 12th anniversary of the Black Riders, the 12th anniversary of the region Anarchy, or is this the new zombie branding invader group trying to lay claim to an unbroken raider tradition from the DEN of 2004? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nah, it's more like when the Shah celebrated 2500 years of the monarchy in Persia. Sure some historians said there hadn't exactly been 2500 continuous years of Persian monarchy but there weren't a lot of ancient Persians around to really care about such technicalities. Alas these historians were downers and not invited to the Shah's bitching party. In conclusion, you're not invited to the party.

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Knot II wrote:

Doesn't that make you guys the equivalent of a DEN tribute band?

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:23 pm

The Bruce wrote:
Knot II wrote:Your compatriots wish that you actively defended instead of sitting idly as the founder of an intermittent invader jump point, making snarky comments toward every invader success.

Doesn't that make you guys the equivalent of a DEN tribute band?

Only if it makes you the equivalent of a salt shaker :)
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:27 pm

The Bruce wrote:Doesn't that make you guys the equivalent of a DEN tribute band?

I wonder what it's like to be an ancient defender whose region has come to nothing of any gameplay importance, sniping at the next generation of an ancient raider region that has outlasted him, and completely unable to do anything about their raids.

It must be very frustrating.
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Gest wrote:
The Bruce wrote:So is the original DEN having a 12th anniversary somewhere that we should know about, one of the varied schisms afterwards is celebrating, is this about the 12th anniversary of the Black Riders, the 12th anniversary of the region Anarchy, or is this the new zombie branding invader group trying to lay claim to an unbroken raider tradition from the DEN of 2004? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nah, it's more like when the Shah celebrated 2500 years of the monarchy in Persia. Sure some historians said there hadn't exactly been 2500 continuous years of Persian monarchy but there weren't a lot of ancient Persians around to really care about such technicalities. Alas these historians were downers and not invited to the Shah's bitching party. In conclusion, you're not invited to the party.

But what if I was already in Anarchy? Would that mean you're asking me to leave retroactively? Seems poor manners for the guest or a Gest to be asking a native to leave after being such a good host.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Pettiness aside, the fact of the matter is that the last group that had any sort of claim to the DEN name, which was DEN Central Command, gave their blessing to the remaining Black Riders to continue with the name. The region continues to honor and respect the history of the players that came before them, ensuring they are not lost to the sands of time like some would prefer they be. The game has changed since DEN emerged in 2004, take off your rose colored glasses and acknowledge that it's okay that some people started playing after 2002 but still want to pay tribute to those who came before them.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:36 pm

The Bruce wrote:
Gest wrote:

But what if I was already in Anarchy? Would that mean you're asking me to leave retroactively? Seems poor manners for the guest or a Gest to be asking a native to leave after being such a good host.

I would be surprised if you had the energy for that. In your NS dotage all you seem to do is talk about the long dead past. However if you are in Anarchy by all means stay. Just leave your old war stories from the era of dial-up and MySpace in the "History Questions" thread found somewhere in this found. I'm sure the other octogenarians and antiquities experts would be more than happy to hear them.
Last edited by Gest on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Gest wrote:
The Bruce wrote:

I would be surprised if you had the energy for that. In your NS dotage all you seem to do is talk about the long dead past. However if you are in Anarchy by all means stay. Just leave your old war stories from the era of dial-up and MySpace in the "History Questions" thread found somewhere in this found. I'm sure the other octogenarians and antiquities experts would be more than happy to hear them.

Strange thing to say, coming from the one trying to zombie brand the name of a 12 year old invader group.

Knot II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:18 pm

The Bruce wrote:Strange thing to say, coming from the one trying to zombie brand the name of a 12 year old invader group.

"Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex."

The answer you seek to your repetitive question is one that you both know and avoid, but either way, it has already been said.
★★ General ★★
DEN

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:31 pm

The Bruce wrote:
Gest wrote:

Strange thing to say, coming from the one trying to zombie brand the name of a 12 year old invader group.

Zombie brand? Your overestimate DEN's name recognition. Sure, old gameplayers, and esteemed NS Historians like yourself, know of it but old gameplayers and NS historians are a lousy demo to target if you want to have an active region. Most people in the new DEN are new people, who never heard about the old DEN. You can't piggyback of a name if it has niche name recognition. DEN was chosen more as a middle finger to the defender who kept the region for 9 years. Naturally we will recognize the history of the old DEN and pass it down however imperfectly but we're more of a spiritual descendant than a lineal descendant.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:19 am

Gest wrote:
The Bruce wrote:

Zombie brand? Your overestimate DEN's name recognition. Sure, old gameplayers, and esteemed NS Historians like yourself, know of it but old gameplayers and NS historians are a lousy demo to target if you want to have an active region. Most people in the new DEN are new people, who never heard about the old DEN. You can't piggyback of a name if it has niche name recognition. DEN was chosen more as a middle finger to the defender who kept the region for 9 years. Naturally we will recognize the history of the old DEN and pass it down however imperfectly but we're more of a spiritual descendant than a lineal descendant.

Did you just call your subordinates noobs? :lol:
Did you see a ghost?

Tom Vasentius
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:27 am

That raid on anarchy was fun. Glad I could take part!
Last edited by Tom Vasentius on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
what

YoriZ
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:10 am

Look how nice our TBR DEN occupiers are. As part of their 'party' we receive threatening telegrams by Knotty:

Greetings natives of Anarchy,

I've realized that I have not taken the moment to address you as of yet. Some of you may still be confused about what has happened to the region in the past couple days.

I'm Brigadier General Knot of the invincible forces of DEN and this is my sleeper puppet. In celebration of our upcoming 12th anniversary, we decided to invade your seemingly secure region.

None have been able to survive under our steel sword. Defenders, the "archers-errant" of NationStates, are powerless to stop us. St Abbaddon, an SC-liberated region that was founded at the same time as Anarchy, has been, for all intents and purposes, completely annihilated by our massive military. Anarchy is effectively under permanent occupation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what happens? You have three choices:

1. Accept your fate. Not only can nobody stop the might and dominance of the DEN army, but also the heroic defenders are powerless to save you. Your community will be torn apart as each and every native nation is banned from Anarchy.

2. Abandon your "Leftist Tradition." You keep your leftist identity but renounce your defender ties. Nobody likes commitment to the weakness of defenders. Just because it arose over ten years ago doesn't mean you still have to follow it. Do not maintain embassies with defender and defender-oriented regions, such as The Rejected Realms, Belgium, Gay, Philosophy 115, etc. Should you choose to change your ideology, you'll find that we'll respect your regional sovereignty. Ever look at NationStates?

3. Join DEN! You'll find an welcoming, helpful, and enjoyable community, much unlike all other cliques on this game.

Enlist in our invincible army here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/DEN/index/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me explain these options:

Option 1 guarantees your total destruction. Feeble resistance will continue, but will eventually be utterly suppressed. No quarter will be given.

Option 2 is your surrender. You turn your back on defenders and their regions and we will respect your regional sovereignty. The first step to surrendering will be to endorse State of Manila. We'll leave upon the entire region's consensus to endorse the delegate.

Option 3 is a special one, a "plus" that may count toward your region's favorability. Pretty self-explanatory.

The practice of RMB suppression will cease upon your unconditional surrender, your following of Option 2.

Should you choose to continue to resist, whether it be blatant or clandestine, you will join your comrades in The Rejected Realms. Anarchism I, Neo-Sovietnavia, and The Mallee await you.

Freefell will be deported in 90 minutes. These banishments will continue until your surrender. Act! The clock is ticking.

By my sword,

Knot II
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:07 am

Weird. It's almost like they're...occupying the region! :eek:
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

YoriZ
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:58 am

Marselesk wrote:Weird. It's almost like they're...occupying the region! :eek:

:shock: Oh ow... What should we do now?
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Holborn Station
Civilian

Founded: Dec 22, 2007
Ex-Nation