NATION

PASSWORD

DEN NEWS | Operation Blitz: Atlantis Invaded!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Highlander 1
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2004
Anarchy

Postby The Highlander 1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:20 am

The Bruce wrote:Just for clarification: is this the California that was founded by a member of the original DEN and later became a base of operations for the Marijuana Militia? Because it kind of looks like that region...

It doesn't matter who founded California.
What matters is that the region no longer had an active founder.
Were the original founder DEN then the region has been brought back into lair.

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Bounty Bertie wrote:
Gest wrote:PS: No one in raiding has complained about California, so no reason not to occupy it.

Maybe because the raider(s) who founded it have had their region and history misappropriated by a group of wannabe TBR 'raiders' who feel the need to piggyback on a decade old organisation's reputation and effort.

I mean, there's been a lot of DEN reboots, but at least they had respect for their forebears, and historical raiders in general.

You can change your skins, but you'll always be TBR, and it shows.

You heard the Highlander, and he's as raiding blueblood as they come. But I'll also reenact "On the Waterfront"

Gest: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, TBR.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Is this raid still going on? Boy you guys do like to drag those tag raids out don't you?

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naginii » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Knot II wrote:
Bounty Bertie wrote:I mean, there's been a lot of DEN reboots, but at least they had respect for their forebears, and historical raiders in general.

You can change your skins, but you'll always be TBR, and it shows.

Surely members of the old DEN in Ile de France know better than to support the occupation then.

I was never TBR and I'll never be TBR.

As one of the "Old" guys, and former Franks' troopers, it's time to wade in on this.

As far as old DEN vets and IDF nations not supporting the Cali op, I must've missed the memo. When a legitimate raider group needs support on an occupation, I don't normally ask for CVs — I just support the mission. Always have. That's what "raider unity" today actually means kids.

And as far as that subject goes, please don't pay any attention to the wannabe pro-defender historians on here claiming to know what's going on in the raiding community, let alone DEN. Trust your source. These voices are anti-raider, so whatever they're offering isn't fact but rumor designed to sow disharmony among raiders. There may indeed be voices on the forums carping about DEN/TBR not respecting "raider unity," but again, trust the source: I'm not seeing disharmony where it counts — on the gamemap. If they were that hated/loathed/distrusted they wouldn't have the ability to pulls 50+ WAs into its operations, nor get assistance from across the raider community when asked. They do. Regularly.

Defenders would love to see DEN be the source of a new schism among raiders...it would make their job easier. So, spread divisive rumors about them. Go after them again and again in the WASC. Blame them for all the sins and ills (real and imagined) in NS. Divide and conquer is a respected tactic (read your Sun Tzu), and again, this isn't the first time rumors have been spread to try and cause unrest among us.

As far as California being a former raider territory....don't know, don't care. It's founderless. Raiders for over a decade have raided formerly raider-founded regions. It's an old tradition, and one DEN/TBR didn't invent. Once a region is founderless, and the raider nation natives have moved on, the lineage no longer is valid concern. The region becomes a legitimate target — for either side. It's a matter of historical NS fact.

Indeed, raids were tried against all of the former DEN regions after the last iteration of the group ceased combat operations. Gen. Alphaks and I took over a year to gain control and shut them all down, in an effort to draw an endline under that particular DEN era. We also started to work to stop the fratricide going-on within the DEN exiles fighting over the scraps between all the various DEN-branded regions. Raiders were on the backfoot and needed to consolidate.

This is when the phrase, "Raider Unity" came into existence, because we needed to bond together. It had zip to do with respecting one group's historical traditions, methodology or philosophy, it had to do with supporting in-general the cause and community of raiding. Raiders support active raiders. As one who was a voice for unity at the time, I can assure you that raids against old founderless regions, that may or may not have once been raider-held, was never a governing part of the idea.

Raiding California is a non-issue to the idea or health of "raider unity." If such furor actually existed in force and quantity to bring pressure to bear, then DEN should already have become a pariah. It hasn't happened, so I guess the greater raiding community missed that memo, too.

Bottom line: None of this is really about California, it's history, DEN traditions, raider unity, or any other canard — this is all just a convenient opportunity to take yet another swing at DEN and kick the TBR corpse.

Naginii
Maj. Gen DEN/DEN Army (ret)
Last edited by Naginii on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:30 pm

The TBR Corpse is locked up awaiting burial, as well :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naginii » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:The TBR Corpse is locked up awaiting burial, as well :P

As it should be with full military honors ;)

Ridus
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ridus » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Operation New Day

On this day, the 26 of October of the year 2015, new weapons emerged and were released by the invisible forces of DEN. Making his debut as commander for DEN, Corporal Ridus gathered together troops for a blitz across the highlands of NationStates in a two-part offensive. Also, making his DEN debut as participant was Private Nova Auraluxia. In total, 30 unfortunate regions felt the wrath of DEN's Army.

Part One: Major 10/26

Troops

Corporal: Ridus
Major: Miss Hungary
Private: Nova Auraluxia

The Victims:

Iron Fist Union
Owanet Group
His magestys relm under god
Mahometopia
Slavicum
The Vale
The Royal Ministry
Andelic Main Region
Germanic Council
NL federation
Awesome Townn
Island Paradise
Quaint Valley
Brohalla
States of Mist
The United Reji Islands

Part Two: Minor 10/26

Troops

Corporal: Ridus
Cimmerian Merc

The Victims:

BadFellas
Azzenetia
Viridian Entente
Polande
The DerpLand
Shoggoth Rlyeh
New New South Zealand
New tradewinds
Darkus
Junkyard Alliance
Hentoria
Seleucia
THE BERGS
HLTV
Last edited by Ridus on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seirawan
Secretary

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Seirawan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Good job, keep it up in the name of DEN! As soon as I recover from the floods that hit South Carolina I'll be rejoining you in active duty. o7

- Colonel 94 Block, Director of The Foreign Affairs Bureau

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Yep. Few more updates, faster switcher (then keyboardless raider fanatic), and Corporal [sic] rules on the tagfields. o7
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Seirawan wrote:Good job, keep it up in the name of DEN! As soon as I recover from the floods that hit South Carolina I'll be rejoining you in active duty. o7

- Colonel 94 Block, Director of The Foreign Affairs Bureau

The floods aren't so bad, it's the Midlands anyways you should expect with the Rivers and the lake some flooding. : . <3
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

94 block
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby 94 block » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:59 am

I got 22 inches of water in my house and my car got totaled man, as the water level was above the dashboard -_-
Brigadier General and Director of Foreign Affairs for DEN
Elder of Grand Centraland Root Administrator of http://s15.zetaboards.com/Grand_Central/index/

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:42 am

DEN might have gotten a hold of the region You.. I am most likely innocent angel maaaaybe.

DEN NEWS AGENCY
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

St Abbaddon Invaded!

Postby DEN NEWS AGENCY » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Invaders Storm into a Former Safe Haven for Defenders

St Abbaddon Invaded!

Over the course of two updates, St Abbaddon was brought down to its knees by waves of competent raiders.
Despite defender support from TITO, WHR, and UDL, the passworded region fell to the collective power of invaders from DEN, The Kingdom of Great Britain, and Cimmeria.
Ravania was even caught thanking himself for the "successful" defense a minute before the invasion.
A two-month-long sleeper operation by a dirty puppet continues into its next phase.

Alpha Assault Team
DEN:
Brigadier General Knot II
Field Marshal Gest
Colonel 94 block
Sergeant North Pacific Spy
Sergeant The Type 49 Tardis
Private First Class Demzelka
Private First Class SunGoddess

Beta Assault Team
DEN:
Major Vandoosa
Private First Class ChingisOtchigin
Private Heksennacht

The Kingdom of Great Britain:
Aaron Astoria
Charles IX Lancaster

Cimmeria:
Cora II
Kyorgia

Independents:
Starstream Tribe
Decacon

Private First Class Demzelka is promoted to the rank of Corporal for his talent and hard work. Congratulations!

From the army that brought you Pacifica, St Abbaddon is next.
Weed wrote:It has been made clear to me that St Abbaddon is going to pay for my involvement here.

History will record the DEN as the most notorious, well-organized and well-disciplined raider army ever to grace the battlefield.
Last edited by DEN NEWS AGENCY on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Yeah... Well you'll be sorry when their allies from the United Regions Alliance show up to defend one of their founding members.

/not serious

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:26 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Yeah... Well you'll be sorry when their allies from the United Regions Alliance show up to defend one of their founding members.

/not serious

Best possible comment. :lol:

Congratulations to DEN!

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Congrats
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:51 pm

CROM! 07

For missing raiders in action:

@Wraith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDLNaEyV14

@Feuer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-YzdvmD2aQ

Cimmeria itself is dedicated for those comrades-in-arms whom won't come back.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

November ARL
Secretary

Founded: Nov 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby November ARL » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Hopefuly they wont come back and besides this is more graffiti as we defeated DEN aka TBR aka the duck in Anarchy

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:59 pm

November ARL wrote:Hopefuly they wont come back and besides this is more graffiti as we defeated DEN aka TBR aka the duck in Anarchy

All you defeated was yourself, did the mods lift your delete on sight, Andyl?

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:02 pm

November ARL wrote:Hopefuly they wont come back and besides this is more graffiti as we defeated DEN aka TBR aka the duck in Anarchy

10 reapplied puppets to Nugut, contact me, online for a update, and you can make your immediate spamming needs true, for your own insignificant region. You take points.

/Apologies DEN

"Cut them down!"

November ARL
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby November ARL » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Gest wrote:

Guess so Im not the one who misbehaves by the way leave that to my brother. Also it was for me, my bro v port blood/blood wine where that came from. could go into detail but if honest Im being good now and dont want to be the victim of a DOS.

November ARL
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby November ARL » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Cora II wrote:

10 reapplied puppets to Nugut, contact me, online for a update, and you can make your immediate spamming needs true, for your own insignificant region. You take points.

/Apologies DEN

Nah I do defending where needed but settled in anarchy as its better to be there than take part fully in defender v raider and besides my loathing of raiders comes from when the original SFBA got taken over by foxrite and others. Thats why Im careful in expressing my anger on here now.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:23 am

November ARL wrote:
Gest wrote:

Guess so Im not the one who misbehaves by the way leave that to my brother. Also it was for me, my bro v port blood/blood wine where that came from. could go into detail but if honest Im being good now and dont want to be the victim of a DOS.

I missed this. No, you are still DOS, and the fact we've been deleting your nations for 10 years now should let you know that it's a permanent ban. You're not welcome here, and never will be. If anyone comes across Andyl puppets, please report them to us, and we'll delete them.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:47 am

Sedgistan wrote:
November ARL wrote:

I missed this. No, you are still DOS, and the fact we've been deleting your nations for 10 years now should let you know that it's a permanent ban. You're not welcome here, and never will be. If anyone comes across Andyl puppets, please report them to us, and we'll delete them.

10 years? wow. What did Andyl (or his brother?) do 10 years ago?
Did you see a ghost?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:54 am

Pretty much the same as he's doing now - spam, flaming, harassment, and blaming it all on his brother.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay