NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks | Still Winning

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lucklife
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lucklife » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:19 am

Aww good work Ben
suisui wrote:"I have an idea"
Mikochi wrote:"No violence"
suisui wrote:"I no longer have an idea"

Lucklife
Spokesperson

FA Report Mar-July 2022

Postby Lucklife » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:27 am

| FA Report Mar - July 2022 │ 6th Aug 2022 │

Council of Hawks

Commander-In-Chief Red Back
Colonel Miravana, Co-Overseer of Talon Corps
Major Steak, Co-Overseer of Talon Corps
Major Drexlore, Co-Overseer of Terra Corps
Lieutenant Lucklife, Co-Overseer of Terra Corps
Lieutenant Wascoitan, Overseer of Blade Corps

Council Advisors
General Ever-Wandering Souls
Colonel Raionitu,

COUNCIL STATEMENT

Greetings NS and welcome back to a TBH FA Report! We are happy with our status over the past few months and have worked more closely with many of our allies via tag raids and the opening of embassies. We look forward to continuing working with our partners moving forward. While TBH has not been involved in a serious raider-only DND endeavor since Embassy Regionia, we are happy with the amount of work that we have put into keeping our game clean. Sometimes, when the dirty regions fall, it becomes the burden of those with the resources to do so to rid the site of their presence. It is an honor for TBH to contribute to these efforts, but look for us to get back to normal operations as soon as available! We look forward to assisting our allies on their efforts moving forward, as well as planning some fun events ourselves, so stay tuned! Now on to what we’ve been up to…

—---

TAGGING and OPERATIONAL STATS

Your favourite Hawkies have been active over the last few months, and here’s a little about all that we’ve been up to this quarter, traveling to regions all around NS to spread love, chaos and ice cubes.

This quarter had been quite an eventful one, with the hawks traveling out in a total of 42 runs over the last 4 months to hit a total of 723 targets. Updating isn’t all about hits, but also about the friendships and experiences that we make along the way. We would also like to thank all our allies for participating along with us on tag raids, whether it be laughing and sharing our joy when bigbrainposting, or sharing our sadness over a miss.

Tagging isn’t the only thing that we have been up to, and TBH is glad to have participated with our allies on a large number of Operations over the quarter. The most noticeable of which would definitely be Japan (Report) and Embassyregionia, but we are also proud and honoured to lead and support Antifa Operations such as Sanctum, Layem (Report), PCM and PCMPCMPCMPCM. A number of other smaller operations on Disgusting and Disgraceful regions were also supported, such as the ones on Official Soviet Union, Aliados Brasileiros, The Grand Empire Of Tazann and Anti Communist Liberation Front

MILITARY PROMOTIONS

With so much activity on the field, it’s no surprise that we keep an eye out for talented individuals to assist in the running of the region.
On the 29th of March, TBH also assigned new Deputy Overseers to help manage in the running of the 3 main Corps that form up the running of the region. Sergeant Dawn took over as the new DO for Talon Corps, while Lieutenant Devi took over the position for Terra Corps, with Lieutenant Lucklife filling up the last DO spot in Blade Corps. It was a dark age without Deputy Overseers, but we hope that the filling up of these spots would help us clear more paperwork reach new evil depths. (Dispatch)

Here in TBH, we consider the rank of Sergeant the first leadership rank, when a Hawk has learnt the very essentials of raiding and have proven themselves to be reliable and trustworthy. On the 20th of May, the Hawks officially promoted Bendicion to the rank of Sergeant. Sergeant Bendicion has been to a lot of places across raiderdom, including TBH 5 years ago and we’re definitely pleased to see him taking charge and contributing to the region today!
More recently, on the 8th of July, we also welcomed Sergeant Emu to the war room. Emu has been a chaotic animal, evolving from a hawk to the mythical creature known as an Emu. With their endless screeches striking fear on the battlefield, Emu has gained our respect as a reliable and consistent updater. We’re really eager to see the new heights that Emu will soar to!

Promotions aren’t the only way that we recognise dedication to the region. Along with SGT Ben’s promotion, Lieutenant Lucklife received their first medal on 20th May, The Sword of Leadership for taking charge in regular operations and raids.

Lastly, but not unimportant in the least, we’ve recently had a change in the councilors of TBH. It is always a momentous occasion whenever members of the previous generation of leadership step down to make way for fresh faces in the leading of the region.

On the 26th of June, as TBH slipped past its 17th anniversary, TBH bid farewell to Council Advisor, Major Pterodaxtyl, who retired fully from TBH. Along with the retirement of Major Dax, Colonel Rai also stepped down from active service as the Co-overseer of Talon Corps to the Council Advisory Board.

Along with the changes on that day, Council welcomed Lucklife (Anime Idol) into the council room to manage Terra Corps alongside Drexlore. With LL’s energy, we’re all really eager to see the new things that he’ll bring into the council room!

Image Image
Group photo of Council | Council Advisory Board being busy

News from the Nest

This quarter, the Hawks were introduced to Hairless Cats. 75% of the Hawks surveyed agreed that Hairless cats were the worst things in existence, with Mira’s Dispatch on Hairless cats being downvoted to the underworld for being too ugly.

Although no cats were harmed in the making of the dispatch of hairless cats, Most of the hawks disagree and believe that hairless cats were made hairless against their will.

But with all bad things, good things follow in turn. This quarter, the secret public anime channel saw a sharing of over 500 pieces of art for appreciation. The evil hawks stole them from their artists on twitter and put up to display in the anime appreciation channel. The Anime Appreciation Association of Hawks have expressed an interest in pretty blue art, HI3, 2HU and pew pews. They were not disappointed.
The anime association is also pleased to announce that 2/3 hawks have declared their love for anime anime, and the remaining will be brainwashed, we mean converted, given a bit of time.

Lastly, with all the chaos happening in TBH, we also floated a curious question.
If TBH started a rock band, who do you think should be in it? The answers varied, and came close to inconclusiveness, but with much eyeballing and high level data analytical skills, we have reached the following conclusion.

Introducing The Black Hawks Band!

On vocals, with the voice of an angel, The Gilded Flame, also known as, Ray!
On guitar, shredding out evil tunes, Miravana!
On bass, growling out death, Ravall!
Lastly on drums with sick beats, we have Drexlore!

Oh wait, I think I left out an instrument. That’s right, the rubber chicken!
The chicken is clearly an instrument and the one who deserves it is our very own Bjourn, aka Steak!

As always, the very considerate Hawks have created a very accurate TLDR for this report
TLDR:
Raid Boom, Things think, Council Changes, Hawks turn to anime and hate on hairless cats.

Sincerely,
The Council of Hawks

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:17 am

Absolutely beautiful :bow:

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Aug 9 Major

Postby Bendicion » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:29 pm

A little too late in my own opinion but hey, every raid deserves a small raid report for posterity. In my experience, people do look at the things they did and the raids they participated in even 5-6 years when it happened. Call it weird but its a nice feeling to see yourself in the past. So here we go. A random made up raid report. :lol:

We came. We saw. We tag-raided. And we searched for the missing package delivery. I am too burned out with making my usual story reports, most especially because I am sick when writing this at the moment, and because I dont have the creative juices flowing. Meep~ :bow:

Hawks Search Party
SGT Oblivious Ben (trigger)
Lieutenant Lucklife
Sergeant Emunickle Society
CPL Felneggn Hocrepianiaion
CPL Tyrannical Porcupines United
PFC The Lordanian Nation

23 Regions Thoroughly Searched
The Big Aquarium
Dacera
United States Of Glizzys
Taperegiona
Cendana Islands
The Land Of Cakes Biscuits And Tea
Nani
Gunnropa
The Council Of Fantasian Masters
Imperial Ublekistan
The Region Of Space
International Feudalist Alliance
The European Region
Zhof Taralea
Why Am I Doing This Again Smh My Head
Soodan
Sea Of Cecil
Kaede
Tide Pool 7
Ccc
Concorde
Spectrocity
Allied Unions

Last edited by Bendicion on Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Lucklife
Spokesperson

Postby Lucklife » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:38 am

Nice run Ben, get well soon~

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Aug 13 Major

Postby Bendicion » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:50 pm

This region was visited by your feather friends from The Black Hawks and the PRAF as they went for one final adventure with their pet hamster. Raiding is fun when you do it with good friends and folk. That's all you need to know natives.

Join us on our Discord to experience that fun with us!

Hawk friends present:

SGT Oblivious Ben (trigger)
CPL Big Birdz
PFC Dark Heaven
PFC Ravall

PRAF Pilots
Flight sergeant The Salhia

Theres always more room for more new feathery hawks to join us at the Nest

28 Regions Hit
Waifuland
Pegasus
Idealism Space
Mr Inlow Is Our Daddy
Room 319 Coalition
Exiled
Peoples Federation Of Qandaristan
The Mainland Of Tamriel
Zehauoran Archipelago
The Pacific Coast
Nix Lustra
Federal Empire Of Memovka
Union Of Independent States
Fruit Factions
The Red Empire Of The Toad
Q102
The Gamer Assembly
The Kanye West Pacific
The Greater Indian Ocean
Gm19
Merlinian
State Sovereignty Pact
Yodheia
The Could Islands
Rathaia
Meme Dumpsteria
The United Kingdom Of Donut Britain
Change

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench

Get Real
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 11, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Get Real » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:54 pm

Happy hibernation Ben, will never forget you o7

You'll still make a good football
qekitor
Refiria
LTN and Council Member Get Real in The Black Hawks

Lucklife
Spokesperson

Postby Lucklife » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:13 am

Pats the hamster
See you around Ben

Lucklife
Spokesperson

Postby Lucklife » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:36 am

Today, The Black Hawks and some friends decided to host a BBQ! Armed with a huge stack of food, fire starters, and drinks, we set off to find our campsite!

Along the way, we met the legendary RC Cola Guy, Get Real. RC Cola guy turned all our drinks into RC Cola, to our dismay. Our green tea, fanta, sprite, coca cola, hot red bean drinks, all into RC cola.

The camping trip takes a turn with Miravana screeching in dismay

Despite the minor setback of having all our drinks turned into RC Cola, we reached the campsite without issue, and we started setting up our equipment and grilling the first skewers of food!

ImageImage
BOM, LWU, TBH, Sparkalia and TGN sneakily eating food | PRAF Cooking Food

As the grilling went on, the age old question arose. How well done would one want their steak to be?

ImageImage
Kingsteak shows New Astri and Big Boyz that Well done Steak is the way | Pan Kath Turning into a Raw Meat Enjoyer

As night fell, more friends joined the BBQ party, laughing, (Drinking RC Cola), munching on as the food was served.

EOGB, Sky Haven, Caer Sidi and Lily joins the BBQ

ImageImage
Violent Sparkles and Lucklife discussing anime | Drexlore preparing the feast for the rest of the pilers, as well as the cat

We plan to continue the BBQ for the rest of the week, which will include lots of fun times, late night camping sleepover talks and more!

The surrounding trees and rocks that have been there since time eternal looked at us and asked - why here? What have we done to deserve to be the site of grilling?

The answer to the trees were simple

Once again, thank you to everyone who came along for the BBQ!

Campsite: The Western Commonwealth

Initial Campers squeezing into the van with us:

Hawks
PFC Get Real (Point)
GEN Ever-Wandering Souls
COL Miravana (Trigger)
Major Drexlore
Major Bjourn
LTN Lucklife
LTN Aleena Connolly (Backup Trigger)
LTN The Gilded Flame
CPL Big Birdz
PFC Dark Heaven
Special Old Hamster Oblivious Ben

Wolves
Khalif Chef Big Dog
Wolf La Vida Loca
Wolf Gongatina

The PRAF
Air Marshall Pan Kath
Pilot Officer Kingdom of Voidstania
Pilot Officer Kireerva
Flight Sergeant SAFT in TCB
Flight Sergeant Kabaragoya
Flight Sergeant The Salhia

Malice Assassins
Venico the Night Father
Valtarre the Vampire King
Taskmaster Scottiesland
Senior Assassin Lugus Triune
Assassin Assassin Rose
Assassin Neo Society
Assassin Klaus Devestatorie

Navy of EoGB
Admiral The Life Guards

Sparkly Sparklia
Grandmaster Chaotic Sparkles
Armsperson, Sky Point

Caer Sidi
Lord of Autumn Sadako Yamamura
Last edited by Lucklife on Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Astrian Outpost 8
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Astrian Outpost 8 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:21 am

i still think we should've uninvited steak 4 their awful awful opinions on steak. also fuck you mira hairless cats Are cute. despite these disagreements i am having fun at the bbq i hope we can host more bbqs together in the future :)
Last edited by New Astrian Outpost 8 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malphe II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Malphe II » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:11 am

New Astrian Outpost 8 wrote:i still think we should've uninvited steak 4 their awful awful opinions on steak. also fuck you mira hairless cats Are cute. despite these disagreements i am having fun at the bbq i hope we can host more bbqs together in the future :)

real talk hairless cats are adorable, they have gremlin energy. i'm offended at this gentrification of cats
malphe vytherov
i'm always ooc unless it's a formal statement

Lucklife
Spokesperson

Postby Lucklife » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:18 pm

Over the past two weeks, a coalition consisting of The Black Hawks, The Pacific and The East Pacific conducted Operation Kokodayo, an antifascist streak breaking operation targeted at the usual fascist and problematic regions. Kokodayo can be translated to "I'm here", which we thought was especially fitting.

Amongst our target list this time were regions from The Free Bloc, which had recently been discovered of OOC misconduct. We understood that some of the member regions may not have been aware of this misconduct, and that there were varying levels of participation in the TFB alliance. The coalition forces have contacted those TFB regions that were hit, to explain the criteria behind the hit and encourage the relevant regions to disassociate from TFB.

We are pleased that the operation was a resounding success with a total of 2577 days of problematic streaks broken, including many long overdue ones.

Update Report
Minor of 27th August

Participants
Hits - 6
Adorable Hawks
Lieutenant Lucklife

Enjoyable EPSA
Flying Bishop Eunopriar
Gold General Eshgh
Lance Potato
Pawn Taxfraud

Nice NPO
SOMA End666
SOMA Dimitri
Centurio Marina
Decanus Greatkitteh (Trigger)
Decanus Polinasia (Trigger)
Decanus Sitethief
Recruit Honourbound
Recruit Shanghaia
Barbaria (188 Days)
Fifth Empire (465 Days)
United Fascist Workers Association (208 Days)
The Region of Warsaw (107 Days)
Dixie (34 Days)
Union of Nationalists (30 Days)

Total: 1032 Days of Problematic Streaks

Update Report
Minor of 4th September

Participants
Hits - 11
Adorable Hawks
Lieutenant Lucklife (Trigger)
Sergeant Holoratus

Enjoyable EPSA
Gold General Eshgh

Nice NPO
SOMA Dimitri
SOMA End666
Centurio Marina
Decanus Greatkitteh
Recruit Honourbound
The Three Isles (33 Days)
Asterya (12 Days)
Chicken Overlords (579 Days)
Unidos Brasileiros (85 Days)
United Christian Empires of the West (579 Days)
The Finntopian Region of Doom (85 Days)
United Fascist Workers Association (7 Days)
Montrandecs Neighbours (29 Days)
Dixie (7 Days)
Saint Osmund (114 Days)
Roma Invicta (44 Days)

Total: 1574 Days of Problematic Streaks
Last edited by United Calanworie on Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken BBCode

Saint Osmund
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 07, 2019

Postby Saint Osmund » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:42 pm

Just for clarity, the Republic of Saint Osmund is not a member of the Free Bloc nor does it maintain any relations to The Free Bloc beyond a gameside embassy.

Lucklife
Spokesperson

Postby Lucklife » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:05 am

Saint Osmund wrote:Just for clarity, the Republic of Saint Osmund is not a member of the Free Bloc nor does it maintain any relations to The Free Bloc beyond a gameside embassy.

Then my apologies for the somewhat rough handling of your delegate. Your region was marked as a supporter of TFB for that embassy. I recommend you to sever all ties, including that gameside embassy.

Their last embassy post to you was an invitation to their discord, which is where most of the unsavoury stuff is happening. If you have any citizens in there, I recommend pulling them out too.
Last edited by Lucklife on Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Astrian Outpost 8
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Astrian Outpost 8 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:12 am

MAJOR DUBS. between this and tonight's operation bbq the free bloc is not a happy camper ♥ it doesn't seem to be doing so hot rn! hope y'all in tbh npo and tep had sooo much fun

Quebecshire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:21 am

Lucklife wrote:
Saint Osmund wrote:Just for clarity, the Republic of Saint Osmund is not a member of the Free Bloc nor does it maintain any relations to The Free Bloc beyond a gameside embassy.

Then my apologies for the somewhat rough handling of your delegate. Your region was marked as a supporter of TFB for that embassy. I recommend you to sever all ties, including that gameside embassy.

Their last embassy post to you was an invitation to their discord, which is where most of the unsavoury stuff is happening. If you have any citizens in there, I recommend pulling them out too.

Since your report notes that the problematic elements in TFB’s server were recent discoveries, was any level of outreach performed to inform people and encourage disassociation, or did you decide to take the "shoot first" approach?

This isn’t even meant as a gotcha. Newer and less experienced players who don’t know what’s going on in that server or aren’t familiar with conduct standards on NS are much more likely to listen to you and make productive change if you bring it up before attacking their region.
Last edited by Quebecshire on Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PATRIOT OF THE LEAGUE REDEEMER OF CONCORD
Defender Moralist | Consul of the LDF | Warden-Lieutenant Emeritus | Commended
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:06 am

Quebecshire wrote:
Lucklife wrote:

Since your report notes that the problematic elements in TFB’s server were recent discoveries, was any level of outreach performed to inform people and encourage disassociation, or did you decide to take the "shoot first" approach?

This isn’t even meant as a gotcha. Newer and less experienced players who don’t know what’s going on in that server or aren’t familiar with conduct standards on NS are much more likely to listen to you and make productive change if you bring it up before attacking their region.

This is plainly beneath you, Quebec. With the sort of things that were in that server, that we know were in that server? Any natives of the place overlooking that to instead complain about their region being raided are just as deserving of the boot as the people who said it. Region destruction is a valid and justified response to associating with that ilk, regardless of whether or not they “shot first”.
Last edited by Varanius on Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:09 am

Quebecshire wrote:
Lucklife wrote:

Since when has ignorance been considered a valid excuse for OOC problematic behavior that members are exposed to or engage in when surrounded by people who perpetuate it? The regional governments of each region involved were fully responsible for being aware of what their bloc entails. If you join something and commit your members to an alliance, I would certainly hope that you would be on top of whether or not that is a safe place for those members to be. This should be a good wake up call to these people, frankly. Many of the regions post-raid and post-reviewing the evidence chose to leave The Free Bloc. Furthermore, given that gunboat diplomacy has never been considered an issue where OOC problematic matters are concerned when other people do it, making an issue of this now because it's TBH seems political.
Last edited by Xoriet on Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Quebecshire
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:19 am

Varanius wrote:
Quebecshire wrote:Since your report notes that the problematic elements in TFB’s server were recent discoveries, was any level of outreach performed to inform people and encourage disassociation, or did you decide to take the "shoot first" approach?

This is plainly beneath you, Quebec. With the sort of things that were in that server, that we know were in that server? Any natives of the place overlooking that to instead complain about their region being raided are just as deserving of the boot as the people who said it. Region destruction is a valid and justified response to associating with that ilk, regardless of whether or not they “shot first”.

Oh, I agree completely that any region in that bloc that knows what's going on in there can burn. More power to TBH and co in burning them. Have a blast doing it.

But especially when it comes to regions just having on-site embassies with the place, outreach beforehand is ideal (speaking of, thank you to the two people who answered my question on their role in outreach off-site instead of sniping at me).
Xoriet wrote:This should be a good wake up call to these people, frankly. Many of the regions post-raid and post-reviewing the evidence chose to leave The Free Bloc.

That's a good thing. Good on everyone who went and informed people of those things, whether or not their efforts were ultimately successful.
Xoriet wrote:Furthermore, given that gunboat diplomacy has never been considered an issue where OOC problematic matters are concerned when other people do it, making an issue of this now because it's TBH seems political.

This is plainly untrue. I've always pushed for outreach to people on these matters if it's not clear they knew what was happening and done it a myriad of times myself with varying success.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.

Onionist Randosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Onionist Randosia » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:54 pm

Quebecshire wrote:Since your report notes that the problematic elements in TFB’s server were recent discoveries, was any level of outreach performed to inform people and encourage disassociation, or did you decide to take the "shoot first" approach?

As far as I am aware, there was no outreach conducted by TCB or TBH or any coalition members whatsoever, although it would have been easy for them to do so because Iota/New Astri was a member of the TFB discord. I would not be that surprised if many regions were not aware of the stuff that was going on, because I have been a member of the TFB discord since March or April and I cannot recall actually seeing any of the stuff shown in the album aside from the ‘kys’ stuff (which is like actually a common meme/insult these days, not entirely sure why the Coalition forces even bothered to put it in the folder). TFB discord is very active most of the time, and as far as I know the entire moderation team lives in Europe so there would inevitably end up being blank spots, regardless of how cursed their sleep schedules are. It would very much have been nice if outreach was conducted so we could actually have stopped this stuff without being at gunpoint.
The People's Onionist Republic of Onionist Randosia
Call me OR or Randosia - they/them pronouns
Posts are OOC unless stated otherwise - posts do not represent official views of Aurora or InterLeft unless stated otherwise

Commissar of Foreign Affairs, Aurora
Former Deputy PM, PM and Minister of Defense of Asterya (now Aurora)
3x WA Delegate (among other things) of The Union of Great Onionist Nations, later Asterya, now Aurora
Founder, Administrator, past Chancellor and current Director of Defense, InterLeft
JEFF High Command
Astravica - Citizen, The Region That Has No Big Banks
Astravia - RPer, Distant Worlds
Gaviastan - Diplomacy Officer, Great Lakes Alliance, and GLA representative to the United Regions of Valeria
Sovetskiy Luk Navsegda!

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:47 pm

Quebecshire wrote:But especially when it comes to regions just having on-site embassies with the place, outreach beforehand is ideal (speaking of, thank you to the two people who answered my question on their role in outreach off-site instead of sniping at me).

Which do you think is more fun?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Quebecshire
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:08 pm

Onionist Randosia wrote:

As far as I am aware, there was no outreach conducted by TCB or TBH or any coalition members whatsoever, although it would have been easy for them to do so because Iota/New Astri was a member of the TFB discord. I would not be that surprised if many regions were not aware of the stuff that was going on, because I have been a member of the TFB discord since March or April and I cannot recall actually seeing any of the stuff shown in the album aside from the ‘kys’ stuff (which is like actually a common meme/insult these days, not entirely sure why the Coalition forces even bothered to put it in the folder). TFB discord is very active most of the time, and as far as I know the entire moderation team lives in Europe so there would inevitably end up being blank spots, regardless of how cursed their sleep schedules are. It would very much have been nice if outreach was conducted so we could actually have stopped this stuff without being at gunpoint.

Uh, no. First off I’ve been reliably informed TEP did some outreach with varying success. Certainly some regions like Saint Osmund (which wasn’t even a TFB member) should’ve been contacted first, but let’s be real here, your response is ridiculous otherwise.

1. "Kys" and variants are not commonly accepted memes outside of edgelord spaces and your defense of it is a red flag and not shining a good light on your ability to perceive the issues here.

2. I’ve read the album - not only did a sizeable chunk of the problematic content come from TFB moderators, but if their mod team is too Europe centric, they should be working to fill those staffing gaps internally. Even so, a lack of timezone diversity doesn’t excuse ongoing inaction.

Lucklife
Spokesperson

Postby Lucklife » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Quebecshire wrote:
Varanius wrote:This is plainly beneath you, Quebec. With the sort of things that were in that server, that we know were in that server? Any natives of the place overlooking that to instead complain about their region being raided are just as deserving of the boot as the people who said it. Region destruction is a valid and justified response to associating with that ilk, regardless of whether or not they “shot first”.

Oh, I agree completely that any region in that bloc that knows what's going on in there can burn. More power to TBH and co in burning them. Have a blast doing it.

But especially when it comes to regions just having on-site embassies with the place, outreach beforehand is ideal (speaking of, thank you to the two people who answered my question on their role in outreach off-site instead of sniping at me)

Hi Quebec, I read your post, and there are a few things I want to bring up and clarify.

First, the region The Free Bloc, is not a normal region. It is an embassy hub for members, and only members are granted an embassy with it. Everyone with an embassy with it, has made it onto the member list, with a few of them not being on due to them being constructed recently, or administrative oversight, as the dispatch is not updated round the clock. It is no stretch to thereby assume that everyone in it has some level of direct involvement in TFB

Secondly, though Saint Osmund claims to not be in TFB, they were extended the same courtesy as member regions, with a RMB welcome post by The Free Bloc and an invitation to join the TFB discord.

Even one of TFB's key leaders, So Pep, says here that he was under the belief that Saint Osmund was a TFB region.

Lastly, Saint Osmund's founder himself, JL on discord, was also in the server.

He had the same access as normal members, saw the same things, and did not think much of it until the shots were fired.

Though Saint Osmund may seem like an innocent region caught in the crossfire, the reality is that they were treated as any other member region, knew as much as the other member regions, and were as involved as a normal region in TFB.

I have talked it out with the founder himself on discord, and we have settled it there, civilly and without any confrontation.

I hope this satisfies you, Quebec.

Saint Osmund
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 07, 2019

Postby Saint Osmund » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:35 pm

Lucklife wrote:
Quebecshire wrote:Oh, I agree completely that any region in that bloc that knows what's going on in there can burn. More power to TBH and co in burning them. Have a blast doing it.

But especially when it comes to regions just having on-site embassies with the place, outreach beforehand is ideal (speaking of, thank you to the two people who answered my question on their role in outreach off-site instead of sniping at me)

Hi Quebec, I read your post, and there are a few things I want to bring up and clarify.

First, the region The Free Bloc, is not a normal region. It is an embassy hub for members, and only members are granted an embassy with it. Everyone with an embassy with it, has made it onto the member list, with a few of them not being on due to them being constructed recently, or administrative oversight, as the dispatch is not updated round the clock. It is no stretch to thereby assume that everyone in it has some level of direct involvement in TFB

Secondly, though Saint Osmund claims to not be in TFB, they were extended the same courtesy as member regions, with a RMB welcome post by The Free Bloc and an invitation to join the TFB discord.

Even one of TFB's key leaders, So Pep, says here that he was under the belief that Saint Osmund was a TFB region.

Lastly, Saint Osmund's founder himself, JL on discord, was also in the server.

He had the same access as normal members, saw the same things, and did not think much of it until the shots were fired.

Though Saint Osmund may seem like an innocent region caught in the crossfire, the reality is that they were treated as any other member region, knew as much as the other member regions, and were as involved as a normal region in TFB.

I have talked it out with the founder himself on discord, and we have settled it there, civilly and without any confrontation.

I hope this satisfies you, Quebec.

Hi - a lot of this isn’t true.

There had been early interest in joining TFB, but as activity waned, Saint Osmund was never made into a member of TFB, never ratified any agreement, and was never acknowledged as a member of TFB.

Saint Osmund has been largely inactive with no functioning government for the past 2 months or so, so the claim that we were “involved as a member region” is not true.

As I said to you directly in our discord conversation, I was in the discord as a request from the folks running Wintercrest, and was rolled as a member of Wintercrest. I also told you I had no knowledge of any events going on until the raids started. At that point I informed Wintercrest of the controversy and requested that they withdraw from TFB (which they did).

While I appreciate the evidence being provided which allowed me to assist in steering Wintercrest away from a toxic and problematic alliance, I do not appreciate the implication here that I willingly and knowingly tolerated problematic behavior within TFB - that is far from the truth.

New Astri
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 18, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Astri » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:46 pm

Onionist Randosia wrote:As far as I am aware, there was no outreach conducted by TCB or TBH or any coalition members whatsoever, although it would have been easy for them to do so because Iota/New Astri was a member of the TFB discord. I would not be that surprised if many regions were not aware of the stuff that was going on, because I have been a member of the TFB discord since March or April and I cannot recall actually seeing any of the stuff shown in the album aside from the ‘kys’ stuff (which is like actually a common meme/insult these days, not entirely sure why the Coalition forces even bothered to put it in the folder). TFB discord is very active most of the time, and as far as I know the entire moderation team lives in Europe so there would inevitably end up being blank spots, regardless of how cursed their sleep schedules are. It would very much have been nice if outreach was conducted so we could actually have stopped this stuff without being at gunpoint.

not sure exactly how much anecdotal detail one is allowed 2 go into onsite abt offsite convos w/o breaching defamation rules but I Did In Fact use that membership to tfb's discord to try pointing various problematique things out 2 the mods there and the mods there Sure Did Not Like Me Doing That ! and c'mon, i've (unfortunately) interacted with various regions from tfb both on and off-site over like the past 8 months, and no amount of concern or advice i offered abt issues within those regions was ever responded to with anything but anger. even aside from the fact that ignorance isn't rlly considered an excuse w/ ooc issues like xoriet said, there's absolutely no way that tfb mods WERE ignorant.
the communist bloc's silliest little hegemon

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay