NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks | Still Winning

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:40 am

"Iran" by A Flock of Hawks

I raid along the update queue
I never thought I'd meet an op like you
Meet an op like you

With country name and few natives
The kind of prize that hypnotize' me through
You hypnotize me through

And Iran
Iran raided today
I just ran
Iran all night and day

There was no lib today

Fendas appears above your head
An early jump comes flying into on you
flying into on you

The fendas moving nearer still
Another liberation comes in view
Another comes in view

And Iran
Iran raided today
I just ran
Iran all night and day

Still there's no lib today

Reach out an e to endo me
You're slowly coming to accept my view
Coming to accept my view

Reached out as del to try again
I'm making a new World Factbook for you
A World Factbook for you

And Iran
Iran raided today
I just ran
Iran all night and day
And Iran
Iran raided today
I just ran
Iran all night and day
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Benjabobaria
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjabobaria » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 pm

I expect the operation to last indefinitely with this quality music!

Seriously though, the fendas are surprisingly bad this time.
Last edited by Benjabobaria on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Benja Karimi, formerly cosmopolitan raider kid
Former Moshir of Osiris's Sekhmet Legion, now retired from GP

Zizou wrote:it's the natives fault for getting beat the fuck up by raiders because the founder cted or they were dumb enough to make the del exec

Altino wrote:The number of "Benja this is amazing, I love it!!!" conversations and also "Benja wtf were you thinking, you're ruining my life" conversations we've had go so hard.

American libtard
Polandball fanatic
Deist of Jewish descent
It's really hard for me to respect anyone who ignores the obvious evidence that climate change is caused by humans.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Iran: No lib attempt tonight. The op, in it's 7e glory, lives on.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:09 pm

Since this seems to be a challenge for y'all, I have gone ahead and made this really easy for you: I've made Fastest Man Alive, whom I believe to be the highest influence defender in the region with more influence than even myself, a BC RO.

No, really, go look.
Last edited by Harenhime on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

Tupelope
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2007
Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:18 pm

u must b relly bored

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Tupelope wrote:u must b relly bored

Hey, it's hard work to challenge the frontrunner in the "worst raid ever" category. You have to get creative!
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tupelope
Envoy

Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:30 pm

well that raid aint ever gonna end so ur stuck their. ripperino

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Tupelope wrote:well that raid aint ever gonna end so ur stuck their. ripperino

Well then the Lib and the "honored council" of the SC certainly have failed to "promote security, growth and stability in the region," eh? Great call by the defenders on that one, taking a safely locked region and making it a perpetually desolate raided wasteland.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tupelope
Envoy

Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:34 pm

ya fendas sux r u recruitin i promise i no spai
Last edited by Tupelope on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starkiller101
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkiller101 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:36 pm

Tupelope wrote:ya fendas sux r u recruitin i promise i no spai
You spell worse than I did in school. :P. Btw, EWS have any big plans for the NS masses?
Roll tide. Your local ''Floridman'' who should have left long ago xD

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:39 pm

Starkiller101 wrote:
You spell worse than I did in school. :P. Btw, EWS have any big plans for the NS masses?

The only masses I know about are christmas, easter, and weight over gravity. The plans are probably raiding, raiding, and passing my dynamics final. Also, Iran, great country, Iran, going to make it great again.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tupelope
Envoy

Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Starkiller101 wrote:

grammir is a social construct

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 am

Iran has now survived a minor with a defender as a BC RO. He hasn’t logged on since shortly after last major. Understandable life is busy. I think I have a second slot ready - other fendas I can RO? Any volunteers? Going once...

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue May 01, 2018 10:03 am

I guess Altmoras wasn't the fastest man alive...
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue May 01, 2018 10:39 am

Solorni wrote:I guess Altmoras wasn't the fastest man alive...

Think you can do better? I’ll make you a BC RO if you join the WA there. Try being Persian instead of Norse for a bit?

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue May 01, 2018 10:50 am

I'm not sure why defenders or anyone should care about Iran. It's just a warzone with no real natives. Probably fun to raid, but why bother trying to free a nativeless region?

Also it always seemed odd to me when raiders raid something and then call it a victory over defenders. It's a victory of the region's natives, it's the natives job to project their region, defenders can help, but they're certainly not obligated. Wouldn't says it's a defenders victory that Hell hasn't been raided in years, no it's because we have devoted residents ensuring it.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue May 01, 2018 10:55 am

The Stalker wrote:I'm not sure why defenders or anyone should care about Iran. It's just a warzone with no real natives. Probably fun to raid, but why bother trying to free a nativeless region?

Also it always seemed odd to me when raiders raid something and then call it a victory over defenders. It's a victory of the region's natives, it's the natives job to project their region, defenders can help, but they're certainly not obligated. Wouldn't says it's a defenders victory that Hell hasn't been raided in years, no it's because we have devoted residents ensuring it.

I believe the gloating is that realistically, Iran should be incredibly easy to lib. That, and it's a raid using puppets defenders never bothered to remove from the far larger raid last month or so (apparently the official strategy is 'wait for them to CTE')

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue May 01, 2018 11:01 am

Maybe easy to lib, but why bother? I don't see a point, raiders can occupy it forever if they like.

Most folks are currently taking down UCR or helping in Lazarus.
The Mad King of Hell
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue May 01, 2018 11:02 am

The Stalker wrote:Maybe easy to lib, but why bother? I don't see a point, raiders can occupy it forever if they like.

Most folks are currently taking down UCR or helping in Lazarus.

I mean, defenders usually chase tag raiders and half of those regions don't have natives period :p
Second sentence is true though

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue May 01, 2018 11:08 am

The Stalker wrote:I'm not sure why defenders or anyone should care about Iran. It's just a warzone with no real natives. Probably fun to raid, but why bother trying to free a nativeless region?

Hi stalker! Iran is a special case. It was liberated recently with the specific intent to be protected and rebuilt, as written in the actual resolution itself even. Defenders began occupying it immediately after the lib passed, in an attempt to build up some native structure and influence. That failed for the first time when we stole it from their ongoing pile there - am initial embarrassment itself, given defender complaints about piles being unbeatable. We stayed there for a few weeks, crossed up ourselves to be a pain to remove. Then we resigned. Defenders retook the region after that, but neglected to even clear us out, satisfied to wait until we left or CTE’d. Problem is, enough people have held to not doing that :P Defender left it on their own terms after a short while, with the region still full of high influence raiders and next to no natives. That allows us to do stuff like this - just WA up and take it back, with the ability to get so cheeky that we can literally appoint the former defense point as a BC RO, and they lack the influence to banject the raider point (me). AIR’s failures at lib attempts are a sideshow. The ongoing main story here is that the prideful, much-hailed liberation of Iran is an utter failure. Defenders promised to protect and rebuild the region, and instead have even directly caused it to be more of a wasteland than it was before the lib, and to be raided repeatedly. That’s why it’s a failure of defenders. They promised to make it a better place, hailed it in their media, yada yada, and have instead utterly failed to protect it from even the most pathetic raids. And the natives can’t even lock it to keep us out anymore. They made it a point to “bother” about the region, and fucked it over in the end.

Believing that this honored council has failed the community of Iran and ought to do everything in its power to promote security, growth and stability in the region to correct this wrong,

Encouraging interested parties to ensure the security of the region upon the passing of this resolution so that a community can develop,

See also: media in defender threads, especially TRT’s articles on the region and it’s protection.

Edit: worth noting as well that many of these issues were raised as concerns in the proposal thread and dismissed.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue May 01, 2018 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue May 01, 2018 11:38 am

Feux liberated the region with what seems to be the intention of seeing it raided. It was then held for over a month by defenders, an impressive feat seeing how much raider groups wanted to raid it. Then defenders start to shift their focus elsewhere reducing their numbers giving an easy in to raid it. Raiders and defenders continue to fight over it despite it never getting any real natives.

Just seems that taking down UCR and helping Lazarus are far more important at this point and time than Iran. Honestly liberating Iran seems about as important as detagging any number of the dead tag regions out there.

Keep on raiding it if it's fun.
The Mad King of Hell

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue May 01, 2018 11:52 am

The Stalker wrote:Feux liberated the region with what seems to be the intention of seeing it raided. It was then held for over a month by defenders, an impressive feat seeing how much raider groups wanted to raid it. Then defenders start to shift their focus elsewhere reducing their numbers giving an easy in to raid it. Raiders and defenders continue to fight over it despite it never getting any real natives.

Just seems that taking down UCR and helping Lazarus are far more important at this point and time than Iran. Honestly liberating Iran seems about as important as detagging any number of the dead tag regions out there.

Keep on raiding it if it's fun.

Where are you getting that? The thread and the proposal itself for the lib is full of justification from the author and mainstream defenders revolving around rebuilding it and helping it.

Raiders didn’t even try to take it for that month. The first try was the hit on it. We were clearing Westphalia at the time. Iran was a tiny dead region that we likely would have ignored *except* for the defender pile there. At the time it was only a target becuase we could actively beat defenders, who’d gotten complacent - or really, been complacent their whole time there. Defenders are obviously, but the mocking in this thread, not even bothering to give it a detag’s worth of support, much less fighting for it. Defender media and leaders talked of creating a region of real natives, but never put up the real effort to do so.

Perhaps those things are more pressing than clearing out Iran of raiders at this exact moment. We all juggle priorities. But again, it’s not like this needs a lib force, so much as a normal update team. Or like those things have been a distraction for the whole time prior to today. And the key bit here is that Iran was promised, individually, oh so much more. A promise that has fallen utterly flat.

Edit: TRT on Iran: viewtopic.php?p=33558365#p33558365 literally even notes that Iran could be a raiders target post-Westphalia, but no fortification occurred accordingly. The point, again, is that ever promise to iran has been broken, and every possible lapse in responsibility has occurred, and we’re going to keep rubbing those in until they’re fixed :P
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue May 01, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue May 01, 2018 12:17 pm

I guess I remember it wrong, I thought Fuex had made a comment supporting the raid, but looking it up he didn't.

I realized defenders tried to build something at one point, it just seems like Iran is old news and not really important. I can't imagine with all that's going on, defenders still care to lib warzone Iran.
The Mad King of Hell

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue May 01, 2018 12:20 pm

The Stalker wrote:I guess I remember it wrong, I thought Fuex had made a comment supporting the raid, but looking it up he didn't.

I realized defenders tried to build something at one point, it just seems like Iran is old news and not really important. I can't imagine with all that's going on, defenders still care to lib warzone Iran.

Ah, but who let it be a “warzone” in the first place after ripping away the password and promising to make sure it stayed a safe, cozy home? :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue May 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Lol fair enough, I thought Fuex wanted the raid, but he only said raids would help it grow.

I still don't think it's worth defenders time to free it.
The Mad King of Hell

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay