NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks | Still Winning

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Sun May 06, 2018 4:20 am

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton wrote:I like how this poll option sounds like an actual Vinny puppet: "After taking over as First Warden, Vinny pulled TGW out of the TERRIBLE Iran deal"

Also sad face Altmoras influence graph is great.

Needs to be in full caps.
Malphe Vytherov

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sun May 06, 2018 6:14 am

General, there’s umpires in baseball, not refs lol.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Sun May 06, 2018 6:33 am

Vulturret wrote:General, there’s umpires in baseball, not refs lol.

Umpire is a weird word.

Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Sun May 06, 2018 6:44 am

Why should defenders care about Iran?
It is a dead region.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Sun May 06, 2018 6:58 am

Old Hope wrote:Why should defenders care about Iran?
It is a dead region.

Hasn't stopped them before.
Malphe Vytherov

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun May 06, 2018 8:26 am

Before TBH raided Iran, it had 18 people in it. 18. It was just another tag. So I don't see why the Hawks are shoving it in defender's faces. Okay, we didn't succeed on a detag. Who cares? It's not like it's Lazarus.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun May 06, 2018 9:33 am

North Prarie wrote:

Before TBH raided Iran, it had 18 people in it. 18. It was just another tag. So I don't see why the Hawks are shoving it in defender's faces. Okay, we didn't succeed on a detag. Who cares? It's not like it's Lazarus.

Wrong. The raid was the March population jump, ala the second spike. There were 50-70 prior to our arrival. There were 18 when it was liberated, then the defenders occupied it for a month, decided who the real natives were, put them in power, yada yada. There’s some nice TRT articles on it you can read, which I excerpted quotes from on the prior page, that talk about how they’re going to ensure the region is safely self governed. Then we stole it from their active occultation, becuase their pile was only about 20, 25ish nations. Held it for a couple weeks. Let it go. Have yet to be cleared out since, by natives or defenders, nor have defenders finished what they were doing back when we interrupted them, so Iran remains a warzone.

Frankly, if I’d wanted to make Iran’a situation worse, I couldn’t have done so by myself. A raider made lib never would have passed. And I say if, becuase throughout this, while a real-name region has been attractive, the fact that it’s a defensive fail has kept it more attractive. The relatively small size is why we’ve been doing it with the minimum amount of effort possible.

Hope that helps. I can go into more detail if you need. Would also recommend checking out the block of quotes on Iran on the prior page.

I knew I was choking on a word! Umps, yes, my bad. Even got my bottom/top order right, but fucked that.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun May 06, 2018 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sun May 06, 2018 9:37 am

Notices thread title change.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

British National Liberalist
Lobbyist

Founded: May 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby British National Liberalist » Mon May 07, 2018 2:58 pm

I'm looking for a Rightist Invader group could you help me find one?

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Mon May 07, 2018 3:15 pm

British National Liberalist wrote:I'm looking for a Rightist Invader group could you help me find one?

TBH isn't into political raiding. Besides, I urge you to reconsider because I think these ideological conflicts are bad for the game, and you have a high chance of stumbling upon incompetent fringe groups. You should raid for fun, and that's what TBH does.
Last edited by Bedetopia on Mon May 07, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

British National Liberalist
Lobbyist

Founded: May 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby British National Liberalist » Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 am

Alright, I will

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat May 12, 2018 1:44 pm

In the face of defenders continuing to ignore the region's plight, Iramerica appears to have abandoned Iran, leaving it with no notable natives.

If the world is unhappy with this outcome, remember: it was not just preventable, but very, very easily preventable, had the slightest effort been put in.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton » Sun May 13, 2018 10:10 am

5/13 Minor

The Black Hawks decided to race through a bunch of regions to show off their speed. Somehow, all of the Hawks tied, but they got all the shiny things from the regions in the process.

Hawks
Major Captain Alexander
Sergeant Qonon
Corporal Trihydroxy
Private First Class Middle Albellalkhevillooder
Private First Class Benjabobaria
Private First Class Dieselvania
Private First Class The Liberated States of Cornwall

Hits
dezia
the_united_powers_of_foop
paradiso
the_worst_region
Union_of_Dolanetian_Dependencies
the_pacific_conglomerate
united_league_of_world_nations
the_christian_states
the_christian_states
west_hall_best_hall
the_empires_of_oiria
neutral
russia_ussr
midwest_states_of_mariah
die_mutterland
urbania

5/12 Major

Corporal Eriadni tried triggering for the first time.

Hawks
CPL Eriadni, Trigger (1st time!)
SGT Felt Karpit
CPL Arche-VerinGuard
PFC Middle Albellalkhevillooder
PFC Fire Eaters of Last Hope
PFC New Zavenia
And a helper vando0sa !

Hits
chan_nations
The_Island_of_Tharqcc
bandonia
Fritteria
The_Naturists
entity

J. Alexander Vytherov | they/them
Colonel of The Black Hawks, now retired

Neop
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neop » Sun May 13, 2018 10:12 am

You hit Neutral?!?! Not fair, I wasn't looking :(
neop

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 am

Hit the_christian_states so hard it did it twice
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon May 14, 2018 11:38 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the face of defenders continuing to ignore the region's plight, Iramerica appears to have abandoned Iran, leaving it with no notable natives.

If the world is unhappy with this outcome, remember: it was not just preventable, but very, very easily preventable, had the slightest effort been put in.

That's actually pretty sad, given that the Grey Wardens' current excuse is apparently that they're too busy raiding to be bothered with liberating Iran. Even if one is okay with defenders raiding raider regions, etc., shouldn't liberation of a region for its natives come first for a defender region?

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Mon May 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the face of defenders continuing to ignore the region's plight, Iramerica appears to have abandoned Iran, leaving it with no notable natives.

That's actually pretty sad, given that the Grey Wardens' current excuse is apparently that they're too busy raiding to be bothered with liberating Iran. Even if one is okay with defenders raiding raider regions, etc., shouldn't liberation of a region for its natives come first for a defender region?

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but what even is being raided atm? Union of Confederate Regions has been cleared out for a while now. Wild Horde is ongoing but does not appear to have a large defender presence. Vinny's there, but not even endoing del. Conventist Federation, rounding that trifecta out, is untouched. AIR seems to be over in England, whoch was a guardian mission two prior, but that doesn't seem to have a warden presence ongoing. I don't see an excess of defender flags in Lazarus. The "current guardian mission" was detagged days ago. Even the chasing from defending has been dismal recently - 3ish people on a good day, with the most reliable one probably being Hired Contractor. No one is even bothering to take jabs at first-time triggers. We've had a ton of training and practice runs recently that once would have been easy fodder for inane mocking in the warden's thread, but their thread has not been bumped in a month and a half. Where is defending? There's no Predator to blame, and raiding is 100% at it's most fractured in recent history, with us shunning TI and TRE while some feeders continue to shun us without...well, that's another post. Point is, defenders should be dominating right now, by all means. And yet.

Hey, maybe I'm missing something, or they're doing the best deep cover job ever in The Monarchist whatever. But if defending hasn't been oddly dead recently, I must be missing something, somewhere.
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

Tupelope
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2007
Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Mon May 14, 2018 1:11 pm

ppl busy with rl shit and stuff bruh. that shit happens

Safira (Ancient II)
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Safira (Ancient II) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Harenhime wrote:Where is defending? ...raiding is 100% at it's most fractured in recent history

The Lotka-Volterra model. A decline in raiding leads to a decline in defending, and it will remain this way until an inevitable surge in raiding leads to a subsequent surge in defending.

The harvest has just begun, so enjoy it while it lasts, for winter will always come.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Safira wrote:
Harenhime wrote:Where is defending? ...raiding is 100% at it's most fractured in recent history

The Lotka-Volterra model. A decline in raiding leads to a decline in defending, and it will remain this way until an inevitable surge in raiding leads to a subsequent surge in defending.

The harvest has just begun, so enjoy it while it lasts, for winter will always come.

Way oversimplified. Fractured doesn’t mean we’ve been dead. Fractured means that operations are easier to take down due to smaller piles, and tag runs may be smaller due to less co-runs. Separately, activity has downticked somewhat due to exam season, but it definitely never died, and is already back on an uptick now that most college students are free. Also, historically inaccurate, heights of raiding have been blamed for defender lows, not credited for defender highs.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Safira (Ancient II)
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Safira (Ancient II) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Safira wrote:The Lotka-Volterra model. A decline in raiding leads to a decline in defending, and it will remain this way until an inevitable surge in raiding leads to a subsequent surge in defending.

Way oversimplified. Fractured doesn’t mean we’ve been dead. Fractured means that operations are easier to take down due to smaller piles, and tag runs may be smaller due to less co-runs. Separately, activity has downticked somewhat due to exam season, but it definitely never died, and is already back on an uptick now that most college students are free.

Yes it's a simplification, as all models are, but it's certainly not an oversimplification. In this context, decline doesn't mean death. It can mean a decline in population or activity, or absolute death, or anywhere in between. In this case, it means exactly what you mean.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Also, historically inaccurate, heights of raiding have been blamed for defender lows, not credited for defender highs.

No. Whoever taught you that was assuredly biased, since both factions are infamously known for exaggeration and disinformation. It's possible you're mistaking it for the proliferation of raiding while Defenders suffered from continuing disorganization from previous Raider inactivity. But it's rather intuitive. There's no such thing as defending without a thing called raiding. One comes after the other in every single regard. This was the way it was from the beginning.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 14, 2018 1:57 pm

I'm pretty sure TGW is just going through a spell of inactivity due to other commitments within its ranks, and because defending is so reliant on TGW, everything else has ground to a halt.

Defenders are too centralized, IMO.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon May 14, 2018 2:18 pm

@safira - ha. Heh.

RiderSyl wrote:I'm pretty sure TGW is just going through a spell of inactivity due to other commitments within its ranks, and because defending is so reliant on TGW, everything else has ground to a halt.

Defenders are too centralized, IMO.

What about The RRA? TITIO? SPSF? SDF? Or even Lily, who iirc swore to combat all of our operations going forwards? Assuming you're on point and TGW let themselves get into a funk, Is it really all nothing without TGW at the helm?

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tupelope
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2007
Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Mon May 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:What about The RRA? TITIO? SPSF? SDF? Or even Lily, who iirc swore to combat all of our operations going forwards? Assuming you're on point and TGW let themselves get into a funk, Is it really all nothing without TGW at the helm?

RRA dead, TITO does what TITO does with TITO, SPSF is basically TGW with tagging, wtf is a SDF, liliarchy said LILY are raiders and liliarchy said liliarchy is busy with rl or somethin

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Tupelope wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:What about The RRA? TITIO? SPSF? SDF? Or even Lily, who iirc swore to combat all of our operations going forwards? Assuming you're on point and TGW let themselves get into a funk, Is it really all nothing without TGW at the helm?

RRA dead, TITO does what TITO does with TITO, SPSF is basically TGW with tagging, wtf is a SDF, liliarchy said LILY are raiders and liliarchy said liliarchy is busy with rl or somethin

So what you’re saying is, The NPA, with its frequent detag runs of 4-6 people for the last couple months, is currently the height of defending?

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay