NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of Funen | Spies Everywhere!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Dieterus
Secretary

Founded: Jun 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Embassy of Funen | Spies Everywhere!

Postby Dieterus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:39 pm

The Nordic Republic of Funen
Home of the Vikings
Founded June 17, 2015

Loosely based on a Viking theme of Nordic values such as strength, honor, and virtue, Funen strives to make a name out of herself to the rest of the world.
In real life, Funen is an island of Denmark known for its gardens, orchards, and rolling hills.

High Council

Crown: Queen Charlotte Ryberg
Sovereign: Duke Dieterus
Interim Viceroy: Viking Sopo
Jarl of Foreign Affairs: Founder Thoth ra
Jarl of Domestic Affairs: VACANT
Jarl of Culture: Erigia
Grand Marshal: Dieterus
High Thane: VACANT

| Funen | Welcome | Constitution | The Vikings of Funen |

Apply for citizenship, vote in elections, stand for public office, roleplay as political entities in a Scandinavian paradise, join the Vikings of Funen, and much more!
TG recruitment continues. Royal elections: July 19th!

Brothers and sisters, join me in the quest to seek glory in the ancient Nordic lands...
Last edited by Dieterus on Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Grand Marshal
The Vikings of Funen

Gradea II
Secretary

Founded: Feb 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea II » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Very professional OP. I am extremely impressed seeing as the majority of newbie regions we have advertising their region on the Gameplay forum have spammish, one liner OPs ordering you to join their region. :clap:
O

Viking Sopo
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Viking Sopo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:36 pm

This looks so cool that I'm sending a puppet. This is that puppet.

Will this be run entirely on the actual NS site (no offsite forum)?

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:37 pm

Oh my...Vikings...

Very purrty
About
Third Place Sexiest NSer 2K15
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Gameplay Ideology: Cause drama at any cost
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones
(Former) War Beserker of Cimmeria
(Former) MoFA of The Confederacy of Allied States

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
Independent Oppertunist

"Loyalty to my purpose - Loyalty to the end"

Nationstates and chill anyone? ;D

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:53 am

The name of this region reminds me of the region that Charlotte Ryberg used to own.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Dieterus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dieterus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:46 am

Viking Sopo wrote:This looks so cool that I'm sending a puppet. This is that puppet.

Will this be run entirely on the actual NS site (no offsite forum)?

Yep. Although they do have their limitations, I'll attempt to use these gameside features, such as polls and dispatches, to their maximum potential.
Kaboomlandia wrote:The name of this region reminds me of the region that Charlotte Ryberg used to own.

Correct. Charlotte Ryberg agreed to return to her former home following a quick TG from me explaining what the new region's all about.

The rest of you, thanks for the kind comments and well-wishes. :)
Grand Marshal
The Vikings of Funen

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi,

I don't see any issue with sending home my “mothballed” or semi-retired nation. I no longer use Charlotte Ryberg as the main nation given the influence of Minoa proper, but I intend to keep it active indefinitely, for heritage reasons. I know that I have to do better with the WFE, now that Minoa has refounded the region of the same name.

What is your regional embassy policy?

-- Minoa.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Dieterus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dieterus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Minoa wrote:Hi,

I don't see any issue with sending home my “mothballed” or semi-retired nation. I no longer use Charlotte Ryberg as the main nation given the influence of Minoa proper, but I intend to keep it active indefinitely, for heritage reasons. I know that I have to do better with the WFE, now that Minoa has refounded the region of the same name.

-- Minoa.

There isn't one in place at the moment. All are welcome to request. :)

As an aside, you should password the region you founded before Minoa; since you left it, it now has an executive delegacy.
Grand Marshal
The Vikings of Funen

Minoa
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Dieterus wrote:
Minoa wrote:Hi,

-- Minoa.

There isn't one in place at the moment. All are welcome to request. :)

As an aside, you should password the region you founded before Minoa; since you left it, it now has an executive delegacy.

The problem is fixed and I have accepted your embassy request. When I have the energy I will focus on my region's WFE and setup.

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:16 am

"Squire" is more of a rank associated with knights. Might I recommend that instead, Warrior becomes the first rank, then Senior Warrior, then "Berserker"?

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:21 am

Ha, you guys call yourselves vikings! Kidding, from one Viking to another welcome to NS and best of luck with your region!
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:38 am

Neat OP and a nifty looking region. Good luck to ya!
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Dieterus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dieterus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 am

King Nephmir II wrote:"Squire" is more of a rank associated with knights. Might I recommend that instead, Warrior becomes the first rank, then Senior Warrior, then "Berserker"?

I've changed the primary rank to "Apprentice". I envisioned this first one to be for "soldiers-in-training", much like a recruit or cadet. Thank you for your suggestion, however!
Solorni wrote:Ha, you guys call yourselves vikings! Kidding, from one Viking to another welcome to NS and best of luck with your region!

Marselesk wrote:Neat OP and a nifty looking region. Good luck to ya!

Thank you both for the well-wishes! :D
Grand Marshal
The Vikings of Funen

Dieterus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

A Brief Foreign Update

Postby Dieterus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:57 pm

A Brief Foreign Update

Embassy construction with Auralia began a little over 24 hours ago after its founder requested one with Funen. Since then, as announced in his regional embassy thread here, Nephmir has issued a declaration of war against The West Pacific. After a quick discussion among High Council members, Funen has made the decision to abort construction of embassies and terminate all relations with Auralia. Not only is Nephmir's action an ill-fated and ill-timed one, as he is still in the midst of re-establishing himself among the members of the greater gameplay community, but the mere "threat" of an imminent coup involving the "implanting of a temporary government based around the principles of Nephism" makes him and his followers no better than organizations such as the New Pacific Order and the Empire (albeit less successful, that is). One may joke about how we are all still waiting for "TWP CoupWatch 2015" but at the end of the day, the Union of The West Pacific is, in fact, TWP's legitimate government.

Signed,

Duke Dieter I
Sovereign of Funen
Last edited by Dieterus on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Marshal
The Vikings of Funen

Syrixia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixia » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Psst. If anyone was wondering, I'm Erigia.
SYRIXIA
Former TNP Minister of Culture and Champion Shitposter

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alabaster Isles » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:13 am

Looking great so far guys. I genuinely hope this works out for you.
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

Dieterus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dieterus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:02 am

Thanks Olivia! An update on the status of the region will roll out soon. For now, government dispatches are being finished, recruitment's still ongoing, a regional RP will start soon, and the military will be finally getting some action (the Vikings will deploy on their first operation later today).
Grand Marshal
The Vikings of Funen

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Guess I'll get it out the way now...

This here seems to be confusing so i'll try my best to explain

He declared war on TWP. Then criticise Nephy for being like the NPO. Yet TWP is one of the few regions to hold ties with the NPO. That there makes no sense to me...

Also - In which case this is how you are gonna think through your actions. End embassies with Sanctum since I like the NPO. ^_~
About
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones

Independent Oppertunist

Minoa
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:42 am

Riftey wrote:Guess I'll get it out the way now...

He declared war on TWP. Then criticise Nephy for being like the NPO. Yet TWP is one of the few regions to hold ties with the NPO. That there makes no sense to me...

Also - In which case this is how you are gonna think through your actions. End embassies with Sanctum since I like the NPO. ^_~

Or maybe it is better to just stay neutral on the matter and focus on the region. I don't even know what this NPO-TWP thing is about: what only annoyed me was what King Nephmir II planned to do if an army of endorsements wasn't in the plan.

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:31 am

Minoa wrote:
Riftey wrote:Guess I'll get it out the way now...

Or maybe it is better to just stay neutral on the matter and focus on the region. I don't even know what this NPO-TWP thing is about: what only annoyed me was what King Nephmir II planned to do if an army of endorsements wasn't in the plan.

Well state that...State that in the reasoning... :P

Pro-NPO and Neutrul on TWP. That's our stance. I think his is anti-NPO and anti-TWP.
About
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones

Independent Oppertunist

Dieterus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Foreign Update 01

Postby Dieterus » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Foreign Update 01
The Nordic Republic of Funen

High Council

Crown: Queen Charlotte Ryberg
Sovereign: Duke Dieterus
Interim Viceroy: Viking Sopo
Jarl of Foreign Affairs: Founder Thoth ra
Jarl of Domestic Affairs: VACANT
Jarl of Culture: Erigia
Grand Marshal: Dieterus
High Thane: VACANT

Regional Population: 36
Citizens: 21

*Figures accurate as of 7/10/15*

Citizens of Funen go about their daily routines

Funen has seen a pleasant rise in population over the past few weeks largely due to manual recruitment (1.8001% conversion rate). According to population graphs, the rate of nations joining Funen continues to increase every week. The citizenry has also increased: 21 nations maintain their citizenship in Funen as of July 10th. With citizenship, nations will be allowed to vote in elections, stand for public office, become a member of the regional military, etc.

6/17/15
6/20/15
6/27/15
7/4/15
7/10/15

The Vikings of Funen prepare for battle

Under the direction of Grand Marshal Dieterus and Marshal Natalia Alianovna Romanova, also serving in the capacity of Director of Intelligence, the Vikings of Funen have grown to a size of six members (as of 7/10). The Vikings first deployed on June 26th to assist a multi-organization occupation of The Black Riders, the gameside hub for RaiderCon. Five Warriors heeded the call and moved out to support The Black Hawks.

At the last major update, the Vikings of Funen retook SPACE from sluggish defenders with the help of Lone Wolves United, DEN, The Black Hawks, and the Knights of Ainur. The Senior Command is pleased to report that four such "defender subversives", including one lightsaber-wielding Sentinel that arrived four minutes after update, have been banjected from the region and no sign of a liberation attempt took place at minor.
Erigia, Dieterus, and Viking Sopo sit down to discuss RP'ing

In a very short period of time, Funen will be debuting a new regional roleplay, NScandinavia. Due to the tireless efforts of Jarl Erigia, a map is being constantly maintained in preparation for this. This roleplay will be based primarily in Scandinavia and parts of greater Europe and will feature diplomatic ongoings, management of national affairs, and international incidents. As NScandinavia continues to be developed, Founder Thoth ra will be introducing another fantasy RP (stay tuned!).
Another Brief Foreign Add-on

In response to a telegram from Nephmir of Auralia accusing our region of "poaching" their members, the government of Funen feels obliged to make the following statement: Funen regards the targeting of specific regions for recruitment purposes to be extremely distasteful. Such allegations compels us to reveal our own recruitment techniques. Domestic Affairs puts aside a fair chunk of every day to manually recruit from the World Activity "founding" page using a telegram template. At times, the department chooses to utilize the "move" tab on that page to determine whether such new nation is genuine, or simply a puppet or a nation of someone who chooses to leave the game after creating this nation. Rest assured that no specific region has been targeted, nor will one ever be. It certainly prompts the argument that nations who have stayed in a region for less than three minutes are not part of that community. As stated before, our conversion rate is approximately 1.8001% from thousands sent. These allegations have also prompted Nephmir to threaten the recruitment-bombing of Funen, "which we can expect to arrive soon". If he chooses to carry out such a foolish action, Auralia can expect a declaration of war delivered to their doorstep. Nephmir may continue to make idle threats, but certain tangible events do occur when he does so.

Signed,

Duke Dieter I
Sovereign of Funen

Founder Thoth ra
Jarl of Foreign Affairs of Funen

Grand Marshal
The Vikings of Funen

The Mid East Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mid East Federation » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:03 pm

THE CENTRAL OFFICE OF THE GUARDIAN OF AURALIA | WA DELEGATE

The Region of Auralia Condemns Funen for their crimes of trying to recruit in our region. They conduct illegal matters, and are very disrespectful. We urge no membership in their region.

With Regards,
The Mid East Federation
The Mid East Federation ~ Unity, Society, and Peace
WA DELEGATE | Embassy | Everything about The Mid East Federation
I am a Centre-Right Globalist
Economic Left/Right: 3.18 - Capitalism w/ Protectionism
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.86 - Strict Justice System but with Civil Rights

PRO: Israel, Bavaria, Zionism, Kurdish Independence, EU, Atlanticism, Ukraine in the EU, Globalism, CDU/CSU, LGBT, Humanistic Judaism, Angela Merkel, David Cameron, and Margaret Thatcher
ANTI: Palestine, Iran, Arab League, Isolationists, Militarists, Communists, Fascists, Extreme Islam, and Turkey in the EU

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Just gonna cringe now....

Nephmir and his babes can't whine of recruitment - you target the entire WA (just like myself) so obviously you are gonna get a few retaliation recruitment. Now you either take that as it is or find a bunch of other regions to recruit from them in return. No need to apply some idiotic sanction which just gives us yet another reason to side eye the integrity of your region.

Kiss kiss
About
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones

Independent Oppertunist

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Riftey wrote:Just gonna cringe now....

Nephmir and his babes can't whine of recruitment - you target the entire WA (just like myself) so obviously you are gonna get a few retaliation recruitment. Now you either take that as it is or find a bunch of other regions to recruit from them in return. No need to apply some idiotic sanction which just gives us yet another reason to side eye the integrity of your region.

Kiss kiss

Neph is actually fairly hands off in Auralia. You could also try addressing the player who posted the update directly instead of off the bat calling him a baby. I hear he holds a rank there. You could address him as a functionary of the region, yes? I thought you'd signed up to help reduce toxicity in GP? Doesn't mean you can't tell them they're wrong in your view, just that it might not be at all encouraging to dismiss someone you've probably never interested with as one of "Nephmir's Babes."
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Believing a decrease in the toxicity in Ganeplay had nothing to do with banter. Also in what world did "babes" start referring to babies? Man get out more and have some fun offsite - maybe some of my wording would make a little more sense, eh? Who knows~

Nothing I said there is inaccurate - and if I hadn't gotten to it first you would have. However as we have concluded before with posts by you in relation to disputes with myself; a lot of it is just to argue.

Kiss kiss
About
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones