NATION

PASSWORD

Balder - State Opening of 19th Storting

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:28 am

Solorni wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I suppose I'll just have to come up with something that might have an effect, then. Stay tuned!

Is that a threat?

I mean in all seriousness, what exactly are you going to do to cormac if it is? Cut relations with....? Get him kicked out of....? The same metric that lets you say you don’t care about his threats means you don’t really have much you actually can do about him making them :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 am

Solorni wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I suppose I'll just have to come up with something that might have an effect, then. Stay tuned!

Is that a threat?

Malphe Vytherov

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:36 am

Solorni wrote:

Is that a threat?

As I explained on Discord:

[2:25 PM] Solorni: Are you threatening balder?
[2:28 PM] Cormac: The region? No. That would be silly. Balder is supporting a UCR takeover of a GCR. I'm simply saying that Balder's allies should take that into account and reevaluate their alliances with Balder, which is what I will be saying to any of them who are willing to talk to me.
[2:29 PM] Solorni: So you are threatening our alliances
[2:32 PM] Cormac: Is talking to your allies about what you're doing a threat? I don't really think so.
[2:32 PM] Cormac: You're threatening your alliances.

If you want to see talking to your allies about your actions as a threat, be my guest. Your actions are your actions, and how they choose to respond to your actions is entirely up to them. I'm not threatening Balder in any meaningful sense just by deciding to talk to your allies about your conduct.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Solorni wrote:Is that a threat?

I mean in all seriousness, what exactly are you going to do to cormac if it is? Cut relations with....? Get him kicked out of....? The same metric that lets you say you don’t care about his threats means you don’t really have much you actually can do about him making them :P

And then there's also this. What is Balder going to do, PNG me a second time? Perhaps if Balder didn't so flippantly PNG people they would still have that to use as an option when something serious comes up. Alas, they do flippantly use their PNG power, so there's really nothing they can do to me.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Solorni wrote:Is that a threat?

Appeal to his better nature :hug:

Cormactopia Prime wrote:If you want to see talking to your allies about your actions as a threat, be my guest. Your actions are your actions, and how they choose to respond to your actions is entirely up to them. I'm not threatening Balder in any meaningful sense just by deciding to talk to your allies about your conduct.

To be fair, I had no idea what you were talking about doing. You are more than welcome to talk to our friends and allies.

As a slight aside, I did kind of hope that the drama of some of our other GCRs would stay in their threads :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:And then there's also this. What is Balder going to do, PNG me a second time? Perhaps if Balder didn't so flippantly PNG people they would still have that to use as an option when something serious comes up. Alas, they do flippantly use their PNG power, so there's really nothing they can do to me.

PNG status is a poor deterrent against external action. That has never been its purpose.

You shouldn't pretend that your usual behaviour could be deterred/controlled by the imposition of PNG status. It has been revoked in the past only for it to be reinstated in response to fresh acts. Regions without our policy have exactly the same experience with you moving from supportive to hostile.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Foreign Affairs Announcement

Balder has decided to change its foreign affairs strategy by consulting the autosuggestion oracle and we are pleased to announce the results to you guys. This is our strategy for the next few weeks:

NES - Today at 5:09 PM
Balder the main reason for closure of tea whilst I was wondering if you have any special aversion to pink soap in my opinion it is not good enough for me to approve it
Whereas the main reason for cancellation fee is the first England and Wales were going under
However I am led to believe that I have been exposed to the mine and local villages
Granted the opportunity to meet with you to give Aurelia the other side of things that is how I feel great about this guy I was 16 lmao I am not sure if I can drink tea and biscuits though the weather is nice
Jesus Christ the redeemer lives in a new platform for now but I didn't realise that it was a very economical solution
So yeah I think we should have the same house because I have to go back and forth between people who need it
This message is not available for the rest of the year

All hail the autosuggestion oracle. It all makes sense now!
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:23 pm

More comprehensible foreign affairs announcement than some I've seen

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm

More explaination and detail than TWP and TEP have given for their recent FA policies ;)

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Please do not criticize our friends & allies; especially in our embassy.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:12 pm

>>makes shitpost about quality/logic in FA announcements
>>not intended to be a satire of recent high profile FA announcements

What were you going for with your timing here then?

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:>>makes shitpost about quality/logic in FA announcements

Erm, Souls, do you really want to start badgering another GCR? Solorni and co are just having fun with a post I can't even understand, but must be funny. So let them have fun.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:25 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:>>makes shitpost about quality/logic in FA announcements

Erm, Souls, do you really want to start badgering another GCR? Solorni and co are just having fun with a post I can't even understand, but must be funny. So let them have fun.

I thought it was supposed to be funny becuase it was mocking...yeah, I guess I was wrong, so not sure now. You don’t understand it either? :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Malphe
Diplomat

Postby Malphe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:Erm, Souls, do you really want to start badgering another GCR? Solorni and co are just having fun with a post I can't even understand, but must be funny. So let them have fun.

I thought it was supposed to be funny becuase it was mocking...yeah, I guess I was wrong, so not sure now. You don’t understand it either? :P

It's funny because it's nonsense and an in-joke. Not everything has to be commentating on something.
Malphe Vytherov

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:Erm, Souls, do you really want to start badgering another GCR? Solorni and co are just having fun with a post I can't even understand, but must be funny. So let them have fun.

Nope, it totally went over my head..... I'm honestly 100% clueless to the post. Haaaalllppp.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Yeah it's nonsense lol... I said it was made from autosuggestion in the beginning!

NES - Today at 5:02 PM
We have a few options going forwards
I have some fairly good ideas but they all involve compromise [END OF SERIOUS CONVERSATION]
NES - Today at 5:06 PM
Lmao
Autosuggestion! [BEGINNING OF SILLY NES]
This is awesome you type one word and it suggests the next
Eg.... Balder the main reason for closure of tea whilst I was wondering if you have any special aversion to pink soap in my opinion it is not good enough for me to approve it
Solorni - Today at 5:08 PM
lol
I'm posting that in our embassy
Whereas the main reason for cancellation fee is the first England and Wales were going under
However I am led to believe that I have been exposed to the mine and local villages
Lmfao
Granted the opportunity to meet with you to give Aurelia the other side of things that is how I feel great about this guy I was 16 lmao I am not sure if I can drink tea and biscuits though the weather is nice
Jesus Christ the redeemer lives in a new platform for now but I didn't realise that it was a very economical solution
So yeah I think we should have the same house because I have to go back and forth between people who need it
Solorni - Today at 5:16 PM
viewtopic.php?p=33737630#p33737630
NES - Today at 5:16 PM
I have to say regardless of whether he is crappy the main reason for the full story here is my first night of tea whilst I
Lmao
I am so easily amused
Solorni - Today at 5:17 PM
I am too
NES - Today at 5:17 PM
This is hilarious
Solorni - Today at 5:17 PM
lol, NSGP is going to be like wtf
I posted it in the NSGP server as an important announcement
NES - Today at 5:18 PM
So fun I had no idea you could construct plausible sentences like this
Solorni - Today at 5:18 PM
it's weird how I can tell where some of them originate from

I can't believe you guys don't think we're funny :(
Last edited by Solorni on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Polldger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polldger » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:36 pm

I have edited Balder's statement to give it clarity.

Solorni wrote:Foreign Affairs Announcement

Balder has decided to change its foreign affairs strategy by consulting the autosuggestion oracle and we are pleased to announce the results to you guys. This is our strategy for the next few weeks:

Balder the main reason for closure of tea whilst I was wondering if you have any special aversion to pink soap in my opinion it is not good enough for me to approve it

1. Balder, the main reason for (the) closure of tea in my opinion (is that) it is not good enough for me to approve it.

(While making the above statement, Balder was also wondering whether you have any special aversion to pink soap, perhaps for a future foreign policy update?)

2. Whereas the main reason for cancellation fee is (that) first England and (then) Wales were going under.

However I am led to believe that I have been exposed to the mine and local villages. (Throwing doubt at whether England and Wales is really going under if all they saw are mines and local villages)

3. Granted the opportunity to meet with you to give Aurelia the other side of things

(So this foreign policy update was in response to something said about Aurelia).

I feel great about this guy (Aurelia), (although) I am not sure if I can drink tea and biscuits though the weather is nice.

(Referring back to the statements about Balder's tea closure policy and the enonomic crisis in England)

("I was 16 lmao" was probably the reason why is statement is different from previous Balder foreign policy statements affecting Aurelia)

Jesus Christ the redeemer lives in a new platform for now but I didn't realise that it was a very economical solution.
So yeah I think we should have the same house because I have to go back and forth between people who need

4. Jesus Christ the redeemer lives in a new platform for now but I didn't realise that it was a very economical solution. I think we should have the same house because I have to go back and forth between people who need (Balder).

(Jesus is staying at Balder, on a new platform but it is very economical and not worthy on such a guest. Balder is thinking of moving Jesus into the same house as the government, which also save time traveling back and forth)

(Obvious statement, this foreign policy is only applicable for the next few weeks as stated at the beginning)

Tldr; Balder is closing."tea" because it is not good enough. Relations are also cancelled with England and Wales specifically because they are going under. Relations with Aurelia are still good. Jesus is residing in Balder and they will find better accommodation for him.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Pollder!!!! I love you <3

That was amazing :hug:
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Polldger wrote:I have edited Balder's statement to give it clarity.

Solorni wrote:Foreign Affairs Announcement

1. Balder, the main reason for (the) closure of tea in my opinion (is that) it is not good enough for me to approve it.

(While making the above statement, Balder was also wondering whether you have any special aversion to pink soap, perhaps for a future foreign policy update?)

2. Whereas the main reason for cancellation fee is (that) first England and (then) Wales were going under.

However I am led to believe that I have been exposed to the mine and local villages. (Throwing doubt at whether England and Wales is really going under if all they saw are mines and local villages)

3. Granted the opportunity to meet with you to give Aurelia the other side of things

(So this foreign policy update was in response to something said about Aurelia).

I feel great about this guy (Aurelia), (although) I am not sure if I can drink tea and biscuits though the weather is nice.

(Referring back to the statements about Balder's tea closure policy and the enonomic crisis in England)

("I was 16 lmao" was probably the reason why is statement is different from previous Balder foreign policy statements affecting Aurelia)

Jesus Christ the redeemer lives in a new platform for now but I didn't realise that it was a very economical solution.
So yeah I think we should have the same house because I have to go back and forth between people who need

4. Jesus Christ the redeemer lives in a new platform for now but I didn't realise that it was a very economical solution. I think we should have the same house because I have to go back and forth between people who need (Balder).

(Jesus is staying at Balder, on a new platform but it is very economical and not worthy on such a guest. Balder is thinking of moving Jesus into the same house as the government, which also save time traveling back and forth)

(Obvious statement, this foreign policy is only applicable for the next few weeks as stated at the beginning)

Tldr; Balder is closing."tea" because it is not good enough. Relations are also cancelled with England and Wales specifically because they are going under. Relations with Aurelia are still good. Jesus is residing in Balder and they will find better accommodation for him.

Aaannndddd now it makes sense. Thankye!

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:35 pm

You give Balder way too much credit lol

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:55 am

Polldger wrote:<snip>

The tl;dr is too much! :lol2:

Good job Polldger.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 am

It's grammatically legible but I think it is a stretch to say that it makes sense, lol. That's why I find it so funny! :p
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:30 am

Important announcement regarding Balder coming today... or maybe a couple of days depending on how quick I can get the work behind the scenes done :)
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Solorni wrote:Important announcement regarding Balder coming today... or maybe a couple of days depending on how quick I can get the work behind the scenes done :)

We appreciate your ability to tell us you plan on doing a non-specific something in the near future

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Solorni wrote:Important announcement regarding Balder coming today... or maybe a couple of days depending on how quick I can get the work behind the scenes done :)

So just a teaser? Lame.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Malphe
Diplomat

Postby Malphe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Hype!
Malphe Vytherov

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay