NATION

PASSWORD

Balder - State Opening of 19th Storting

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:12 am

Solorni wrote:
Trabardia wrote:This reads like a DPRK news broadcast.

It's all part of my plan to make Balder into a Communist Region, called "The Communist Balder" or TCB for short > : )
Old Hope wrote:the Bugle is clearly a propaganda mouthpiece. Don't forget that this region is practically run by the The Land of Kings and Emperors, unfortunately.

Unfortunately sends you back to twitter with the rest of the Russian propagandists.

:rofl: Onder Kelkia is a long-time member of the LKE, and was, for a long time, the head of LKE. They are the head of your own government.
And that the Bugle is a propaganda mouthpiece, well... it's obvious.
Just read it!
:rofl:
Last edited by Old Hope on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:27 am

Old Hope wrote: :rofl: Onder Kelkia is a long-time member of the LKE, and was, for a long time, the head of LKE. They are the head of your own government.
Just read it!

As so many people have pointed out recently in gameplay there is nothing wrong with people in UCR's wanting to get a game experience in a GCR. Many, many of the people involved in gameplay do it and they are not mocked. Why is Balder treated different?
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Old Hope
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:45 am

Big Bad Badger wrote:
Old Hope wrote: :rofl: Onder Kelkia is a long-time member of the LKE, and was, for a long time, the head of LKE. They are the head of your own government.
Just read it!

As so many people have pointed out recently in gameplay there is nothing wrong with people in UCR's wanting to get a game experience in a GCR. Many, many of the people involved in gameplay do it and they are not mocked. Why is Balder treated different?

There is a problem with people who are in multiple regions at the same time. Split loyalities and effort; higher chance of leaks, chance of complete subversion...
It is a problem for GCR's and for UCR's but feeders and sinkers are more important than every other region(due to nations spawning/resurrecting in them... or being sent to them... automatically).
Granted, it's less a problem if the two regions belong to different spheres(Roleplay region with executive founder/non-roleplay region, for example); but that's not the case for Balder and LKE.
Last edited by Old Hope on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:54 am

Old Hope wrote:
Big Bad Badger wrote:As so many people have pointed out recently in gameplay there is nothing wrong with people in UCR's wanting to get a game experience in a GCR. Many, many of the people involved in gameplay do it and they are not mocked. Why is Balder treated different?

There is a problem with people who are in multiple regions at the same time. Split loyalities and effort; higher chance of leaks, chance of complete subversion...

I generally agree with you here. It is really tough to choose and to give your effort to your region's that need the effort.

In fact I just heard about a WA minister in a GCR who's own ministry wrote a SC proposal, but they were campaigning vehemently against it in other regions they work in because of their raider affiliations. Seems like a real conflict of interest.
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:30 am

Big Bad Badger wrote:
Old Hope wrote:There is a problem with people who are in multiple regions at the same time. Split loyalities and effort; higher chance of leaks, chance of complete subversion...

I generally agree with you here. It is really tough to choose and to give your effort to your region's that need the effort.

In fact I just heard about a WA minister in a GCR who's own ministry wrote a SC proposal, but they were campaigning vehemently against it in other regions they work in because of their raider affiliations. Seems like a real conflict of interest.

I suppose my citizenship in Balder makes me a vaguely relevant topic here
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:31 am

It really sucks for Balder that we have acquired some of the best talent from other regions. Perhaps it would have been better if we had taken the NPO approach and relied on only the talent and ideas we had.... but I think our system has worked well.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Onder Kelkia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Onder Kelkia » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:56 am

Just read it!

I always find it interesting, relative to the present situation with Balder where I am the Emperor Emeritus of the LKE, that for the period of over three years when I was the ruling Emperor of the LKE and Crown Prince of TNI, there was no significant line of attack that this meant that the LKE controlled TNI. In fact, it was more often suggested that the LKE was but a TNI satellite state. As Crown Prince of TNI, I was far more unaccountable and unrestrained than I am today as Statsminister of Balder. In Balder, I have to obtain the agreement to my decisions and policies of other ministers, the Storting and ultimately the voting public. In TNI, the Monarchy was above the government and the only person who could overrule me on any matter falling within my purview was Gryfynn (who was herself affiliated to the LKE as a former Prime Minister and a member of the royalty). There is nothing new to my holding senior roles in regions other than the LKE; it is just that Balder is a GCR. I see that as immaterial to the questions of regional loyalty. Players in GCRs and UCRs alike - all regions - alike should be loyal to the interests, ideology and perspectives of their regions when performing roles or duties on behalf of that region.

When I was in LKE and TNI, I served each region loyally when acting for that region. I do the same with the LKE and Balder today. There is no distinction in my approach to my duties to reflect the fact that Balder is a GCR, because that doesn't matter in this context. Duty is duty. Balder and the LKE are obviously close allies, perhaps not as close as TNI and the LKE were, but there is nothing untoward in the relationship. In fact, whereas I was actively involved in running the LKE's day-to-day affairs during my time in TNI, I expend far greater effort on a day-to-day basis on government matters in Balder than the LKE, where I abdicated as Emperor precisely to allow others to take on powers that they had earned through their service to the region. In Balder, there are 7 other cabinet members who work with me, only 1 with any LKE affiliation, whereas other TN had greater overlap with the LKE.

The idea that "Userites" should be blanket banned from holding positions in GCRs or even intrinsically viewed with suspicion is Francoist nonsense. Balder does not ban dual citizenship or restrict the democratic or governmental opportunities of dual citizens in our region. It is almost inherent in being a sinker that a large proportion of the population will also have citizenship in other regions. What we instead insist upon is that all persons consider the interests of Balder exclusively when making decisions in and for Balder. That is our citizenship oath and I have always upheld the commitment to serve Balder.

The Bugle is an official Balder publication with news about Balder told from the Government of Balder's perspective. Call that propaganda if you want. We think we have a very strong and enthusiastic cabinet who are indeed destined for success. We make no apology for boasting about them.
Last edited by Onder Kelkia on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Duke of Roskilde, of Balder
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:09 pm

I wonder if Balder or TNP regret that players such as myself and r3n joined and dedicated ourselves to region building.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Old Hope wrote:
Solorni wrote:It's all part of my plan to make Balder into a Communist Region, called "The Communist Balder" or TCB for short > : )
Unfortunately sends you back to twitter with the rest of the Russian propagandists.

:rofl: Onder Kelkia is a long-time member of the LKE, and was, for a long time, the head of LKE. They are the head of your own government.
Just read it!

The Bugle is no more "a propaganda mouthpiece" than any other regional update.

But speaking of mindless propaganda, don't you have some hailing the Emperor to do, or have you already moved on from that?
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Hope
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Just read it!

The Bugle is no more "a propaganda mouthpiece" than any other regional update.

But speaking of mindless propaganda, don't you have some hailing the Emperor to do, or have you already moved on from that?

I am never the person for mindless hailing. If I support something, I'll say why.
And that every regional update is a propaganda mouthpiece - well, some updates(not all) are perhaps biased, but the Bugle... that's making a mountain out of a molehill.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:58 am

I wonder if Balder has any comment on recent developments in Europeia?

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:17 am

Solorni wrote:I wonder if Balder or TNP regret that players such as myself and r3n joined and dedicated ourselves to region building.

Wonder how that would be answered now, just 4 days later.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:10 am

How come Solorni resigned?
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:20 am

Indo-Malaysia wrote:How come Solorni resigned?

Check either the Balder or Euro forum for the relevant topics. Someone on discord can link them to you if you ask.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Anarchic Turkish States
Secretary

Founded: Nov 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarchic Turkish States » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:52 am

Who can shed light on this? I'm confused by this Balder saga.

Onder Kelkia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2013

Postby Onder Kelkia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:57 am

Consular wrote:I wonder if Balder has any comment on recent developments in Europeia?

We are appalled and gravely disappointed in Solorni's actions. Balder is consequently administratively banning Solorni on all platforms to protect the community going forwards.

Dealing with this kind of out-of-character situation is not why Balderans play NationStates, but this is an extremely serious matter. Steps have been taken, and are being taken, in light of all relevant information. We have created and are setting up a new forum, which we will launch in a few days.

From an in-character perspective, Crown Prince North East Somerset declared a State of Emergency and succeeded to the Crown under the Instrument of State and Government Act (September 2015). Balder will move forward under the rule of the new King and the entire government is committed to re-vitalising the region with a series of Nordic cultural reforms, plans for which have been in the making since the end of the last term. However, given the gravity of the circumstances, it is not the right time to set out our plans.

Shortly, we will also create a new Gameplay embassy thread and we would then ask that this one be closed.
Duke of Roskilde, of Balder
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:52 am

This whole affair is sad, enraging, depressing, etc.

I wish NES the best as new king. Good luck Balder. And good luck Rach as well, out there.
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

Libetarian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Libetarian Republics » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:44 am

All the best to those involved.

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:50 am

The best of luck to Balder.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:49 am

Any past IC differences aside, all the best to Balder during this difficult time.

Alvalero
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2010

Postby Alvalero » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you for the best wishes in moving forward. It's indeed a shock to everyone involved with Balder. A huge part of, and influence in, Balder has been lost. But we must move forward.
Zander Cerebella
Prince of Aarhus

Duke of New Hyperion(Wintreath)
Autarch of New Hyperion

Former Delegate, Vice Delegate & Statsminister of Balder

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:41 am

I am sorry to hear that that happened. There are too many incredulous+insane scandals this year. Many people retire because of toxicity; it must be hard. Best of luck to Onder+NES+Balder.

*looks at date*
And Merry Xmas!

*returns to sleep*
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Best of luck to Balder moving forward. If any two individuals are capable of leading a region through a mess such as this, it would be NES and Onder.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Ryccia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ryccia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:10 pm

I wish Balder the best of luck in this difficult time. Such an affair is tragic and shocking, to say the least.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
Ex-Member of the Council on Lazarene Security
"Ryccia you got it wrong"
- Xoriet, 2019

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay