NATION

PASSWORD

People's Republic of Lazarus

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drakezia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:41 am

Spamming the RMB, slowly bringing the endorsement levels on a nation up, which we can all see happening, I dont consider a true military assualt.

I mean come on, whith the amount of support I was expecting 100 some updaters on your behalf :).
If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
-Frederick Douglass

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:51 am

Drakezia wrote:Spamming the RMB, slowly bringing the endorsement levels on a nation up, which we can all see happening, I dont consider a true military assualt.

I mean come on, whith the amount of support I was expecting 100 some updaters on your behalf :).

Drake, his is Defenderdom and Defender-Leaning Independent we're talking about here, they aren't used to this 'military' thing.

or they're trying to widdle away Stu's influence.
Last edited by Valrifell on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Drakezia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 am

*Drake

Ive seen the liberation attempts in SPACE, I wont underestimate their ability to do so, just curious why they don't. Morals perhaps?
-Frederick Douglass

Great Brigantia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Brigantia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:23 am

I'm trying to figure out when regions like The North Pacific and Osiris, both of which are both diplomatically and militarily supporting the Lazarene Underground State, became "defender or defender-leaning independent."
Cormac

Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:25 am

Great Brigantia wrote:I'm trying to figure out when regions like The North Pacific and Osiris, both of which are both diplomatically and militarily supporting the Lazarene Underground State, became "defender or defender-leaning independent."

When I forget about their presence and stances :p

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:30 am

Drakezia wrote:*Drake

Ive seen the liberation attempts in SPACE, I wont underestimate their ability to do so, just curious why they don't. Morals perhaps?

Moralistic defenders would have no qualms about taking on the NPO, I imagine.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:16 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Drakezia wrote:Moralistic defenders would have no qualms about taking on the NPO, I imagine.

Why are we back on defender morals? We've spent the last few months beating it out of people :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:59 am

I don't know, DYP. NationStates just seems really, really morally-obsessive right now. I'm even on the anti-NPO bandwagon. :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Drakezia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:41 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

Why are we back on defender morals? We've spent the last few months beating it out of people :P

Only because everyone is taking a moral objection to NPO :P. I call it like I see it, no more, no less.
(I know you qouted Syl but I was in the same opinion)
-Frederick Douglass

Darkium
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 05, 2008
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Darkium » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:05 am

Honestly, this is all getting idiotic.

You want a clear, concise example that these "politics" you guys like to engage in are affecting even people that don't participate in? This may literally be my first forum post, and I have posted on Lazarus' RMB less than 10 times. I was refounded in Lazarus several years ago, and was content just playing the game, answering issues, etc.

Then, after seeing Stujenkse go on a ban spree, I unendorsed him, since I could not endorse (with the word's actual meaning) such actions. And for that, I was banjected. Of course my crime was having a reasonably high regional influence despite always being under the endo cap.

You're all throwing accusations at the PRL and previous "governments" for also being illegitimate. I don't follow forum RP, so I can't comment on that. But the one thing they did not do was interfere with people who don't want to participate in regional "politics". That's the main difference. That's why Stujenske and those supporting him need to go. Have your "wars", whatever floats your boat and is fun for you, but don't interfere with other peoples' gameplay. This alone makes me wonder why moderators haven't stepped in to remove him from power. In any other game, this would be seen as a child throwing a tantrum and admin abuse, and you can bet anything that a superior admin would come and sort the situation out.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Darkium wrote:Honestly, this is all getting idiotic.

You want a clear, concise example that these "politics" you guys like to engage in are affecting even people that don't participate in? This may literally be my first forum post, and I have posted on Lazarus' RMB less than 10 times. I was refounded in Lazarus several years ago, and was content just playing the game, answering issues, etc.

Then, after seeing Stujenkse go on a ban spree, I unendorsed him, since I could not endorse (with the word's actual meaning) such actions. And for that, I was banjected. Of course my crime was having a reasonably high regional influence despite always being under the endo cap.

You're all throwing accusations at the PRL and previous "governments" for also being illegitimate. I don't follow forum RP, so I can't comment on that. But the one thing they did not do was interfere with people who don't want to participate in regional "politics". That's the main difference. That's why Stujenske and those supporting him need to go. Have your "wars", whatever floats your boat and is fun for you, but don't interfere with other peoples' gameplay. This alone makes me wonder why moderators haven't stepped in to remove him from power. In any other game, this would be seen as a child throwing a tantrum and admin abuse, and you can bet anything that a superior admin would come and sort the situation out.
Regarding why Mods haven't stepped in, from the FAQ:
My region's WA Delegate is an evil dictator who abuses her power! Make her stop!

Delegates are elected: if you don't like yours, it's up to you to get her unelected! Delegates are free to use or abuse their power as they see fit.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:57 pm

As this is the right thread for it: I would like to congratulate "Chairman" Funkadelia on being elected to serve as delegate of.. oh wait.
Let me help you: I'd suggest friendly to found a LUS-Region. Could fix your problem. And it also fits your userite image ofc.
But perhaps the LUS is just a well planned attempt to colonise TRR under a red flag.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Pergamon wrote:And it also fits your userite image ofc.

Lol, there's that term again. "Userite". Your regime in Laz is being propped up by 'userites' and shunned by every GCR there is right now. Hell, YOU'RE the ones with a userite image right now. :lol: And y'all are so blissfully unaware of this, it makes it funny.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Drakezia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Syl, being supported by the userites doesnt make us userites, but Francoists who know how to mutually get support from the userites, which doesnt make us anymore userite then you being a defender because you support the LUS.
-Frederick Douglass

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Drakezia wrote:Syl, being supported by the userites doesnt make us userites, but Francoists who know how to mutually get support from the userites, which doesnt make us anymore userite then you being a defender because you support the LUS.

Except it kinda hurts your Holy Feederite policy when coming into contact with us dirty lowlife Userites, doesn't it?

Drakezia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Not even going to comment, Val, you clearly haven't done your research.
-Frederick Douglass

Davinhia
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Davinhia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:54 pm

i'm one of the few that support the coup
like, so what if it's unconstitutional. It's removing a communist regime, and adding in something better.
Year: 2013
- President: x (PP)
- Vice President: x (PP)
- House Majority Leader: x (IKP)
- Senate Majority Leader: x (PP)
Capital City: Grove Street
RP Population: 45 Million
RP Military Population: 37 Thousand
5, peacetime

Great Brigantia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Brigantia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Drakezia wrote:Syl, being supported by the userites doesnt make us userites, but Francoists who know how to mutually get support from the userites, which doesnt make us anymore userite then you being a defender because you support the LUS.

From "Proper Francoist Thought" by retired Senator Unlimited, basically the core document of Francoism:

The natural and unavoidable class conflict makes relations between a Francoist Pacific and Userite region a dangerous and perhaps even contradictory arrangement. But this is not to say that it can not, or even that it should not be done. In the pursuit of security after a successful Francoist revolution it is advisable to bring about positive relations with Userite regions that may have common interests or goals with the Pacific as a whole. These friendly Userite regions, for example, may have a common enemy with you in another major Userite - or counter-revolutionary Pacific - region or organisation. It is with these regions that alliances can be created in the interests of mutual protection. However, as detailed earlier, the Pacific must be extremely cautious in drawing up any documentation with a Userite region, always careful to safeguard the sovereignty and freedom of each so that exploitation cannot occur and class conflict does not resurface and damage the Francoist Pacific or her people.

With regards to hostile Userites - which is to say, almost all regions and players - the Pacific need only ignore them on the wider international stage. These regions need policies and involvement with the Pacifics as the Pacifics are the superpowers that, in the end, have the potential to be everything. But the Pacifics have no need for the acceptance or resources of these hostile Userite regions, and so other than standing as a beacon of truth pointing out hypocrisy wherever it arises, a Francoist Pacific need have nothing to do with them.

In other words:

If the Francoists need the userites, they're all right.

If the Francoists don't need the userites, they're irrelevant wastes of space.

Why any user-created region would support the NPO/NLO is beyond me. They have no respect for you, they don't see you as an equal partner or anything close to it. They're using you to accomplish their aims and when they're done with you, they're done with you. That is proper Francoist thought.
Last edited by Great Brigantia on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Davinhia wrote:i'm one of the few that support the coup
like, so what if it's unconstitutional. It's removing a communist regime, and adding in something better.

It's more like replacing a chair with a slightly better looking chair.
Last edited by Valrifell on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davinhia
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Davinhia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:04 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Davinhia wrote:i'm one of the few that support the coup

i'd rather be sitting on a better looking chair than a rusty old beat up chair, would you not?
Year: 2013
- President: x (PP)
- Vice President: x (PP)
- House Majority Leader: x (IKP)
- Senate Majority Leader: x (PP)
Capital City: Grove Street
RP Population: 45 Million
RP Military Population: 37 Thousand
5, peacetime

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Davinhia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

i'd rather be sitting on a better looking chair than a rusty old beat up chair, would you not?

Sure it looks nicer, but they both are effectively more or less the same thing.

Drakezia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Great Brigantia wrote:

From "Proper Francoist Thought" by retired Senator Unlimited, basically the core document of Francoism:

The natural and unavoidable class conflict makes relations between a Francoist Pacific and Userite region a dangerous and perhaps even contradictory arrangement. But this is not to say that it can not, or even that it should not be done. In the pursuit of security after a successful Francoist revolution it is advisable to bring about positive relations with Userite regions that may have common interests or goals with the Pacific as a whole. These friendly Userite regions, for example, may have a common enemy with you in another major Userite - or counter-revolutionary Pacific - region or organisation. It is with these regions that alliances can be created in the interests of mutual protection. However, as detailed earlier, the Pacific must be extremely cautious in drawing up any documentation with a Userite region, always careful to safeguard the sovereignty and freedom of each so that exploitation cannot occur and class conflict does not resurface and damage the Francoist Pacific or her people.

With regards to hostile Userites - which is to say, almost all regions and players - the Pacific need only ignore them on the wider international stage. These regions need policies and involvement with the Pacifics as the Pacifics are the superpowers that, in the end, have the potential to be everything. But the Pacifics have no need for the acceptance or resources of these hostile Userite regions, and so other than standing as a beacon of truth pointing out hypocrisy wherever it arises, a Francoist Pacific need have nothing to do with them.

In other words:

If the Francoists need the userites, they're all right.

If the Francoists don't need the userites, they're irrelevant wastes of space.

Why any user-created region would support the NPO/NLO is beyond me. They have no respect for you, they don't see you as an equal partner or anything close to it. They're using you to accomplish their aims and when they're done with you, they're done with you. That is proper Francoist thought.

You seem to forget I retired from every raider org I was apart of, and am in transition of passing along TCE to the next in line. I am a francoist, now, because Ive been enlightened.
-Frederick Douglass

Great Brigantia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Brigantia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Drakezia wrote:You seem to forget I retired from every raider org I was apart of, and am in transition of passing along TCE to the next in line. I am a francoist, now, because Ive been enlightened.

They'll never consider you an authentic Francoist or "Feederite," even if they tell you they do. But good luck with all that.
Last edited by Great Brigantia on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Davinhia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

But the rusty old chair it gives you nostalgia and fond memories of all the times you thought of getting rid of that old piece of c-rap but couldnt because you didn't have the cashflow to get a better one, then one day someone threw it out and brought you a brand new one cept they sat in it and refuse to budge.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Drakezia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Great Brigantia wrote:
Drakezia wrote:You seem to forget I retired from every raider org I was apart of, and am in transition of passing along TCE to the next in line. I am a francoist, now, because Ive been enlightened.

They'll never consider you an authentic Francoist or "Feederite," even if they tell you they do. But good luck with all that.

Even if this becomes true, id rather support the people that would feign support for me then help the people who would have me banned from their region and isolated.

Fun fact: iirc Shadoke's original home was Pacific. I'll check later.
-Frederick Douglass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay