NATION

PASSWORD

The 2015 Defender Awards!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Defender Awards 2015
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Defender Awards 2015 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Nominations have been running for just over a week now, and are starting to slow down. In the interests of no one being passed over, this reminder is going out that nominations for the 2015 Defender awards close at 2359 UTC on April 1, 2015! ...And no, that's NOT a joke. :)

Nominations are being accepted on the FRA forums, http://s7.zetaboards.com/FRA/forum/3036388/

After the nominations close, we'll check and collate who's been nominated and seconded (or more), then open up for voting once that list has been redistributed. Details of how and where to vote will be available at that time.

Voting will be open for two weeks, so we anticipate announcing the awards in the third week of April! Trophies are "in hand", so to speak, just waiting to be awarded!

Defender Awards 2015
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Defender Awards 2015 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:08 am

Nominations are now closed - LET THE VOTING BEGIN!

The lists of nominees can be found HERE

A list of confirmed Nominations for the awards.

The Ananke Award

Ravania
Benevolent Thomas
Land Filled with People

The Anarchotopia Award

Fort Triumph Marshal Service
Lazarene Liberation Army
Rejected Realms Army
TaiMil
Renegade Islands Army Special Forces
Founderless Regions Alliance

The Sir Lans Award

Ravania
Escanaba
Land Filled with People
13 Court Guard Squads
Magthere
Dyr Nasad
Benevolent Thomas
Tangaroan Islands

The Operation of the Year

Anne Frank
Australia (refound)
St Abbaddon

The Best Newcomer(s) Award

Acronius
Deadeye Jack
Myroria

Fort Triumph Marshal Service

The Best Defender Mentor Award

Xoriet
Severisen
Shizensky
Ravania
Improving Wordiness
Frattastan
Karputsk
Benevolent Thomas

The Worst Invasion Award

Anarchy
Soviet Union
Atheist Empire
Texas
Canada
The Mountains to the East
Ixnay
American Continent
Eastern Europe

The Blackbird Award

United Imperial Armed Forces
The Black Riders
The Black Hawks
Poll Raiders
The Skeleton Army
North Pacific Army

The Worst Invader Group Award

The Eternal Knights
Association of Imperialism
The Black Riders
Doom Squad

The Best Defender Quote

"Convicting Raiders"[quote=ALMF]Despite not being a violation of sight rules radeing IS arguably illegal. I first herd of NS on jury duty. We had a case of (what I now know as) classic TBR radeing. Knowing it was not forbidden by sight rules, we convicted on Assault 2 and Menacing 2: 54 months in prison and 10 years probation (sentences to be served congruently). After having seen it in person, it is even more clear this was the right outcome.[/quote]

"Lightbulb"[quote=Klopstock]UIAF and friends have begun to pull out of Eastern Europe. That's 53 raiders who just became free.

Maybe they have to change a lightbulb.[/quote]

"Fratt says How High?"
[18:01] <Alyekra> I'll try and make it
[18:06] <Tangaroa> I'll jump
[18:06] <Mahaj> i should be able to
[18:07] == frattastan [*************] has joined #udl
[18:07] == mode/#udl [+v frattastan] by ChanServ
[18:08] <Tangaroa> fratt'll jump
[18:08] <Ravania> fratt always jumps
[18:09] <frattastan> Link region and nation to endorse.

The Meltdown of the Year Award

Cormac
The Eternal Knights
The Osiris-Lazarus War
Osiris, generally

The Can't We All Just Get Along Award

Eluvatar
Dyr Nasad
Severisen
Xoriet
Defender Unity
Defender Solidarity

The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending

Frattastan
Unibot
Improving Wordiness
Shizensky
Eluvatar
Drop Your Pants
Dyr Nasad
Wopruthien

The Defender of the Year Award

Dyr Nasad
Benevolent Thomas
Land Filled With People

To vote, please send *all your votes in one Private Message or Telegram* (include your main nation name in the message) to ONE of the following duplicates will be deleted:

On the FRA Forums: The Ballot Collector account, monitored by Wopruthien, our VC/Admin in charge of such things. ;)
On the Texas forums: Wopruthien
On the 10KI forums: Gruffydd - Wopruthien's account
On the UDL Forums: - yep, still Wop. :P
On Nationstates Defender Awards 2015

Voting will Close ********************** 22:00 GMT Friday 17th April 2015.

Wibblefeet, Arch-Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:59 am

I guess the Awards is just one of those things that gets passed from the AC to the Vice to do. :lol2:
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:32 am

f Raiders can vote
Benevolent Thomas & Fort Triumph for everything applicable,
Xoriet for everything applicable,
TBR for everything applicable,
Canada,
Doom Squad,
Frattasan Asks how high,
The Eternal Knights,
DYP

Wibblefeet
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Wibblefeet » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:I guess the Awards is just one of those things that gets passed from the AC to the Vice to do. :lol2:

Hah! Actually, he had accounts everywhere already, from his successive terms as AC. He also has a much more "normal" schedule, enabling regular check-ins. :)

- and nonetheless, you might have a point. :P
Former Archchancellor, FRA; Former Brigadier General, FRA Rangers
Citizen of 00000 A World Power
-----
Former Agent (retired) The New Inquisition CIO
Iectâre Cadmus Black Clavell

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:13 pm

Poll Raiders
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:18 pm

Wibblefeet wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I guess the Awards is just one of those things that gets passed from the AC to the Vice to do. :lol2:

Hah! Actually, he had accounts everywhere already, from his successive terms as AC.

True that. I just like to tease my friends in the FRA :hug:
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Drewlantis
Attaché

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drewlantis » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Definite cool idea, although, I'd like to see a "Most Misunderstood Defender/Raider" cuz regions are constantly being "liberated" from my forces after I just liberated them. :P Course, I don't follow most peoples' style, so maybe they get confused, but it seems as though defenders are sometimes their own worst enemies. :lol:
With Regards,
Fromm Burgenheimer.
Minister of the Department of Diplomacy, Ambassador to the WA, Advisor Second Class to Emperor Imperator Andrew Lake the First.
Personality Type: ENTP, that means watch out ladies and gentlemen, either I'm going to take over the world, or rig a toaster to fly, I don't know yet..
Additional random psychology information: No, I'm not insane, and I have no mental illnesses. I am highly intelligent with some narcissistic tendencies who can be very charming when I want to be, which is sometimes described as psychopathy, but I highly doubt it.. Sometimes.. ;)

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Drewlantis wrote:Definite cool idea, although, I'd like to see a "Most Misunderstood Defender/Raider" cuz regions are constantly being "liberated" from my forces after I just liberated them. :P Course, I don't follow most peoples' style, so maybe they get confused, but it seems as though defenders are sometimes their own worst enemies. :lol:

Probably because you tag the regions you liberate and then occupy them. Just because TBR is no longer there does not mean the region is not being invaded. thank you for making me check though, I just caught a mistake made during minor update.

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Zaolat wrote:Poll Raiders

^

Though more like Poll Imperialists. We don't intervene if they'll just vote the right way. 8)
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Drewlantis
Attaché

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drewlantis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:31 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Probably because you tag the regions you liberate and then occupy them. Just because TBR is no longer there does not mean the region is not being invaded. thank you for making me check though, I just caught a mistake made during minor update.

You seem like a good guy, and your accomplishments are very noteworthy. I hope you have a truly good day sir and have much success with these rewards. :)

P.S. Yeah, I do tag them, which annoys a lot of people, and gets me into scrapes I shouldn't be in, but the way I try to liberate is I free the region, ask any and all remaining natives (ie. not my own forces or others forces) if they want us there, if they want us gone immediately after liberation, we're gone. If they want relations, then we give it to them. And if they want to join us, we're thrilled. Usually we lock down the region after a liberation until they all get back to us, so some stay as a "protectorate" and that usually gets confusing for some defenders.
With Regards,
Fromm Burgenheimer.
Minister of the Department of Diplomacy, Ambassador to the WA, Advisor Second Class to Emperor Imperator Andrew Lake the First.
Personality Type: ENTP, that means watch out ladies and gentlemen, either I'm going to take over the world, or rig a toaster to fly, I don't know yet..
Additional random psychology information: No, I'm not insane, and I have no mental illnesses. I am highly intelligent with some narcissistic tendencies who can be very charming when I want to be, which is sometimes described as psychopathy, but I highly doubt it.. Sometimes.. ;)

Defender Awards 2015
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Defender Awards 2015 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 am

Less than a week of voting to go.

Defender Awards 2015
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Defender Awards 2015 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Just TWO hours left to vote.

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012

Postby Tim Stark » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Excited to see who wins!
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Tim Stark wrote:Excited to see who wins!

Who can't win, Who isn't even a candidate.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:44 pm

Who CTE'd at a very young age. https://www.nationstates.net/page=boneyard?nation=who They couldn't have done much to deserve an nomination anyways.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Defender Awards 2015
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Defender Awards 2015 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 am

Here we are again - despite the various trials and travails of both NS and RL, we've (almost) all managed to make it around the daystar once again for another round of applause and kudos (With the occasional hiss, boo, or sneer. Try and keep that down, would you? Yeesh. :) )

Voting was down this year, markedly so. By about 50%, in fact. Possibly due to the very late edition of the awards, possibly due to the ever-proclaimed "death of NS", which I've been hearing trumpeted about since - about two weeks after the site first launched. ;)

Truthfully, I'd like to thank everyone who DID participate, either by helping with the awards, by nominating, by voting, or even just by playing NS and enabling these awards to even exist. I'd like to give a particularly hearty thank you to Ater Nox, for designing the awards this year. I'm quite fond of the style chosen, I hope the recipients are as well.

And awaaaaaaay we go! -

The Blackbird Award

A special award that is given to the invader group which the NS community considers the 'best' out there due to whatever reason. The most important part of that description is of course - 'due to whatever reason'.
Some interesting results this time around - UIAF, perhaps because of it's 2015 dissolution, was almost off the bottom of the charts. The Black Riders made a run for the top spot, as they always do. . . to fall one vote short, behind our returning winner, THE SKELETON ARMY!

The Can't We All Just Get Along Award

We continue to honor the player, region or group/organisation that has contributed the most to Defender unity/solidarity. Despite what Raiders and other people have to say in NSGP there are those that work tirelessly to this end and the list of nominations served only to prove that.
With a wide variety of nominations, the voting rapidly narrowed to two candidates, pulling far ahead of the pack. In the end, Dyr Nasad was edged out by a single vote. Congratulations are very definitely in order for ELUVATAR!

The Best Newcomer Award

Given to the region, nation or organisation which has appeared within the last year, and impressed the defender community the most. This award has two recipients.

Organisation/Group/Region recipient

Sadly, there was but a single nomination this year in this category. More sadly, the organization in question has closed its doors and seems unlikely to return. Nonetheless, I'm happy to give the award to the FORT TRIUMPH MARSHAL SERVICE!

Individual Recipient

Quite a battle was had between all three of our candidates, with no one able to pull open a substantial lead. In the end, we actually had a tie! Congratulations are in order for both DEADEYE JACK and ACRONIUS!

The Worst Operation Award

Previously the Worst Invasion Award, this award is given to the operation which was classed as the worst due to Defender mistakes, Invader cunning or any other reason.
We had several prominent choices this year, but a clear 'winner' emerged. Congratulations (of a sort) to TEXAS!

The Worst Invader Group Award

The award given to a group of Invaders for abysmal failure and/or being a large annoyance overall.
Once again, a three-way battle ensued for this 'trophy'. The Black Riders bettered their position (if you can call it that) by dropping to third from last year's second-place finish. In the final count, only a single vote kept this from being another tie, as the Doom Squad was displaced by our returning 'victor', THE ETERNAL KNIGHTS!

The Best Defender Quote Award

A lighthearted award, given to the nation whose quote or motto has been considered strange, funny or different.
With the dearth of good submitted quotes this time, we had a clear winner this year, decimating the next-closest quote. Congratulations to KLOPSTOCK!

"Lightbulb"[quote=Klopstock]UIAF and friends have begun to pull out of Eastern Europe. That's 53 raiders who just became free.

Maybe they have to change a lightbulb.[/quote]

The Meltdown of the Year Award

Given to a nation, region or organisation which has self-imploded in spectacular (and often hilarious) style.
We have some repeat appearances in this category, and a close run for the top. Cormac and the Osiris-Lazarus war both made their push, but ended up tying for second - and a mere vote ahead of the fourth-place finisher. However, the unquestioned 'victory' goes to, OSIRIS, GENERALLY!

The Best Defender Mentor Award

A new category this year - this award is intended to honor (obviously) the individual who has done the most to teach others, and foster the skills needed to be good at defending.
As the inaugural year, we had a lot of nominations for this award. As we move out of the more humorous awards and to the meat of the event, I'm very pleased to announce a close race - very close, in fact, ending in another tie for the top position! Congratulations to our inaugural winners, IMPROVING WORDINESS and SHIZENSKY!

The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending

The award given to the nation who has been a dedicated servant to the defender cause for many years, often sacrificing different luxuries in order to help as much as they can.
Quite a few nominations here as well - but a clear winner emerged from the heart of the voters. A hearty "congratulations" to IMPROVING WORDINESS!

The Sir Lans Award

The old 'Updater of the Year Award' is for the person who has been involved in more update missions than any other, and has shown dedication to be there if they are needed.
A traditionally tight race, this year was no different, with only a single vote separating first and second. But I'm pleased to announce the winner this year was... ESCANABA!

The Operation of the Year Award

The mission which stands out from all others from the last year due to the success, the numbers involved or any other reason.
With only a few choices this year, it's not surprising that the votes, while split, still focused on a type of operation near and dear to all our hearts - THE REFOUNDING OF AUSTRALIA!

The Ananke Award

On the other side of the coin, the Ananke Award is given to those nations who spend their own time looking out for any invasions that are taking place. This normally means staying up till very late and sacrificing their sleep for the greater good. Without active and dedicated spotters we we would be at the mercy of Raider news threads, pleas for assistance and dumb luck on the battlefield.
We had three very deserving candidates this year, all people who really put themselves out for the defender cause here. We did not (quite) end up in a three-way tie. . . but we do have yet another tie. Congratulations to both BENEVOLENT THOMAS and LAND FILLED WITH PEOPLE!

The Anarchotopia Award

This award is given to the region or organisation which has proved the most successful in preventing invasions.
The FRA (as the 'home team') made it's usual run in the voting... to fall out before the end, once again. This year, congratulations go to the FORT TRIUMPH MARSHAL SERVICE!

The Defender of the Year Award

This award is given to the nation who is viewed by the NS community as the one nation who has helped the Defender cause the most in the last year.
An short, but elite slate of candidates for this award led to a tight battle. And in most battles, there can be only a single winner. this year, I'm happy to announce that the congratulations of the Defenders voting go to DYR NASAD!

Congratulations to all the winners. They are all very much deserved (even when not desired) and we're all looking forward to what 2015 will bring! See you next year!

--Wibblefeet, FRA Arch-Chancellor

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:15 am

Congrats to Dyr and all of the other nominees!
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Shogun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogun » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:47 am

:o

Where is DYP's "Soldier and Gentleman" Award?!!? Is he too pure and too active in practical defenses to get such one?!! Shame! For protesting this platant unjustice, Cimmeria thus awards The 'Oaken leaves with acorns' to his already earned Cimmerian Iron Cross. :hug:

*salutes*
The publication Cyborg of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:49 am

People who'll vote for The Skeleton Army will always vote for the The Skeleton Army.

You...you Poll Raider fans are all casuals who won't vote! >_> <_<
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:26 am

Congrats to Wordy, BT, and Eluvatar. Every other award was undeserved.

Oh and if you guys refuse to actually vote for an actual raider group, get rid of the award.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 am

Unibot III wrote:Congrats to Dyr and all of the other nominees!

How about all of the other winners? :p

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:10 am

The Skeleton Army again...what a joke.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Lovable Alien Overlord
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lovable Alien Overlord » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:14 am

We must fight on, for we invaders deserve representation too! These awards are discriminatory!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:23 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:The Skeleton Army again...what a joke.

Did you vote?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay