NATION

PASSWORD

Why isn't my influence going up?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Why isn't my influence going up?

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:58 pm

I've been in Europeia since November/December and have 90 endorsements, which is 10th or 11th in a region with over 300 WA nations. How quickly does influence increase, and why am I still at "minnow"? Answers would be gratefully appreciated.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Most likely because of the overall amount of nations in the region, and the amount of influence they have.
Every nation in a region takes from a grand 'Influence Pool" of that region, the more people with more endos (and thus more influence) that exist, the longer it takes for everyone else to gain influence. When a nation is removed from a region for an update, his influence is stuffed back into this pool and redistributed equally among the nations in the region, which also makes it that much easier to gain influence.

My god, that must've sounded incredibly confusing.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Didn't catch a word of that. :)

The downside of living in one of the biggest UCRs in the game.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Didn't catch a word of that. :)

Yup.
More people just means it's harder to rack up influence, simple. Just... the reasoning behind that is not simple, and, honestly, no one fully understands how the Influence system works (other than admins, of course)

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Didn't catch a word of that. :)

Yup.
More people just means it's harder to rack up influence, simple. Just... the reasoning behind that is not simple, and, honestly, no one fully understands how the Influence system works (other than admins, of course)

Even my delegate, Mousebumples, is only a "diplomat". I think the highest is "hermit". And HEM, despite having founded the region, is only a minnow.
Co-Author of SC #204

Loveland City
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Gaining regional influence

Postby Loveland City » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Valrifell wrote:Most likely because of the overall amount of nations in the region, and the amount of influence they have.
Every nation in a region takes from a grand 'Influence Pool" of that region, the more people with more endos (and thus more influence) that exist, the longer it takes for everyone else to gain influence. When a nation is removed from a region for an update, his influence is stuffed back into this pool and redistributed equally among the nations in the region, which also makes it that much easier to gain influence.

I understood. Thanks because I was wanting to know how to increase influence in my region as well. I also think your activity, forun posts help as well. I noticed mine go up without extra enforcements. However it may have been because nations left the region, which you pointed out as well.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Loveland City wrote:
Valrifell wrote:Most likely because of the overall amount of nations in the region, and the amount of influence they have.

I understood. Thanks because I was wanting to know how to increase influence in my region as well. I also think your activity, forun posts help as well. I noticed mine go up without extra enforcements. However it may have been because nations left the region, which you pointed out as well.

I'm pretty sure it's just time spent in the region and endorsements, but that makes it really hard to get anywhere when you live in Europeia.
Co-Author of SC #204

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Loveland City wrote:

Forumside and Gameside are controlled by different servers, making this impossible.

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Yup.

Even my delegate, Mousebumples, is only a "diplomat". I think the highest is "hermit". And HEM, despite having founded the region, is only a minnow.

Well, the amount of influence you have doesn't mean anything in terms of endorsements. Again, it all depends on the number of nations in the region and who has how much influence.
Also, you don't even need to be in the WA (key to having influence) to found a region, so founders and influence aren't related.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:01 pm

You're confusing your "influence" and your "influence rank". Your influence IS increasing, probably pretty rapidly. What's not increasing is your relative influence compared to your regionmates. That's what controls the "Minnow" to "Hermit" designation.

Loveland City wrote: I also think your activity, forun posts help as well.

Nope.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:You're confusing your "influence" and your "influence rank". Your influence IS increasing, probably pretty rapidly. What's not increasing is your relative influence compared to your regionmates. That's what controls the "Minnow" to "Hermit" designation.

This. For a list of everything we know about how to gain or lose Influence (at least, as of the last time I checked), see here. Scroll down a bit for the (unofficial) list of Influence labels and a note at the bottom on what they appear to mean.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:16 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:You're confusing your "influence" and your "influence rank". Your influence IS increasing, probably pretty rapidly. What's not increasing is your relative influence compared to your regionmates. That's what controls the "Minnow" to "Hermit" designation.

Loveland City wrote: I also think your activity, forun posts help as well.

Nope.

Yeah, that sounds about right.
Co-Author of SC #204

Republica Guilleana
Secretary

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
New York Times Democracy

help me

Postby Republica Guilleana » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:27 am

I was recently banned from TNP and came back after 4 days.

I am in the WA and my influence is still going down even afte comming back and having more than 60 endorsements.

Why is this?? :(
UwU

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay