NATION

PASSWORD

New Player interested in Military Gameplay

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Lexvania
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

New Player interested in Military Gameplay

Postby Lexvania » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:09 pm

First off I hope I put this in the right forum, quite a few forums this game has. Anyways, I was never interested in RP, so that left the military like gameplay that would appeal to me. I have read the thread over it all the way through and sounds quite fun but very confusing and seems like a concept that takes ALOT of observing and practice. So I though I might ask if there are any Military regions looking to gain a new recruit. Given time I can prove to be valuable as when I commit to something, I give it 110%.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:10 pm

One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Gandalf
Civilian

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gandalf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:11 pm

n/a.
Last edited by Gandalf on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lexvania
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexvania » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:12 pm

I would appreciate information about your respected regions before I make my decision. Thanks.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:15 pm

And so the flood of regional advertisements begins. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

With Malice in My Heart
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby With Malice in My Heart » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Dragvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragvania » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm

There are basic rules and i "go with the flow" based on the OPs rules.

If your interested me and someone else are planning a RP. one of the first i was involved in the creation of. I figured out a set of reasonable rules that wether or not you wish to base your military off your nations statistics. We also focus heavily in factbooks.

I may have to sit out the first RP because we also need a "ref" of sorts to determine who wins battles since a lot of the ppl iv played with are fairly new.

Its easy to god mod but as long as you think it is easy to avoid. Just dont have 1M aircraft or 50k warships in a single fleet and of course yes you will start with a army but it won't be massive. You have to mobilize and build more stuff before u hit Ms of troops.

Dragvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragvania » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Ill show you what I know when I can, just telegram me whenever u want.

Feel free to write your military factbook, I always read because i like reading stuff from others.

With Malice in My Heart
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby With Malice in My Heart » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Dragvania wrote:There are basic rules and i "go with the flow" based on the OPs rules.

If your interested me and someone else are planning a RP. one of the first i was involved in the creation of. I figured out a set of reasonable rules that wether or not you wish to base your military off your nations statistics. We also focus heavily in factbooks.

I may have to sit out the first RP because we also need a "ref" of sorts to determine who wins battles since a lot of the ppl iv played with are fairly new.

Its easy to god mod but as long as you think it is easy to avoid. Just dont have 1M aircraft or 50k warships in a single fleet and of course yes you will start with a army but it won't be massive. You have to mobilize and build more stuff before u hit Ms of troops.

Military Gameplay, not Military Roleplay

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

All regions listed so far are raiding regions. Read up on any of us via the forum and make your pick ;)
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm

or start your own if you're feeling dedicated and adventurous. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:or start your own if you're feeling dedicated and adventurous. :P

Silly, you know how much GP hates new ideas. :p
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:47 pm

The Black Hawks is, (correct me if I'm wrong, Jakker) the oldest raiding org still in everyday operation today. After a bit of a downturn in late 2013 and early 2014, the Hawks have been making a strong comeback the past few months with a nice base of enthusiastic younger raiders. There are lots of opportunities for advancement here, as noted by the fact that, who only joined a few months ago, am now one of the highest ranked active personnel in the region. This is not to say positions are given away, no - but they are there for those who earn them, and not gridlocked by older players. We're considered widely as the classier side of raiding, the more sophisticated, old fashioned group. We work with many other groups, notably the multi-regional imperialist force UIAF (United Imperial Armed Forces) and the more modernly notorious Black Riders, along with many others. I can truly say that this is the best region I have ever served in.

That said, I'll certainly give the Riders a good review too - they have more of a modern, fast-paced, more harsh modus operandi going on. More than a few people are members of both as well.

In the end, the raiding community as a whole is very close. Whoever you end up with among the big names, you'll do well with a little effort. Who exactly you join is namely a matter of which community you feel you fit best in, which people you want to put first. The bottom line is, though, that you'll end up working with all of us!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have either here or via TG, and anything I don't know I can pass off to our military commander and effective leader of the region, Jakker.

- Ever-Wandering Souls, former leader of two small raiding orgs, Sergeant in The Black Hawks.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ivo Mullur
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivo Mullur » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Lexvania wrote:First off I hope I put this in the right forum, quite a few forums this game has. Anyways, I was never interested in RP, so that left the military like gameplay that would appeal to me. I have read the thread over it all the way through and sounds quite fun but very confusing and seems like a concept that takes ALOT of observing and practice. So I though I might ask if there are any Military regions looking to gain a new recruit. Given time I can prove to be valuable as when I commit to something, I give it 110%.

All of the above advertisements have been from invaders. I'm disappointed that no defender has stepped up yet.
Therefore, I'd like to invite you to join Spiritus, and in turn, the Spiritus Defense Force, one of most active defender militaries out on the field right now.

Who even likes raiding anyways? :p

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:12 pm

I can list a few dozen names, but that'd just clog up the thread ;) If you're going to go to the icky light side Spiritus is not a bad place to go. <3 Salax :P

Fort Triumph is worth checking out as well.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Dawsinian
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawsinian » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Everyone loves Spiritus, though!

(Also join the SDF :D )
DAWSINIAN
|||||(all posts OOC unless noted)|||||

Grande Republic of Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:19 pm

Lexvania wrote:First off I hope I put this in the right forum, quite a few forums this game has. Anyways, I was never interested in RP, so that left the military like gameplay that would appeal to me. I have read the thread over it all the way through and sounds quite fun but very confusing and seems like a concept that takes ALOT of observing and practice. So I though I might ask if there are any Military regions looking to gain a new recruit. Given time I can prove to be valuable as when I commit to something, I give it 110%.
United Coalition of Free Lands
GRA overview
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636136
GRA military
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636075
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
American Conservative, leaning towards Fascism
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~General Patton
All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
~Benito Mussolini

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I can list a few dozen names, but that'd just clog up the thread ;) If you're going to go to the icky light side Spiritus is not a bad place to go. <3 Salax :P

Fort Triumph is worth checking out as well.

LOL and I was just about to advertise on behalf of other defenders. You invaders flatter us with your praise, but I'm afraid that we've not done quite enough to deserve it over the past few months. Fort Triumph isn't doing too good right now and I'm not sure if its going to be around much longer to be honest.

Lexvania, I'd probably go with The Rejected Realms or The East Pacific. Both have very active militaries and are home to some of the most competent defenders in the game. If you're looking for a region that places a high amount of pride in its military, I'd recommend 10000 Islands. They are by far the most disciplined, although sometimes to a fault.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Europeia is a somewhat different choice from those already listed. We have an active "independent" military force which has the capability to both raid and defend, but we largely raid. We also have vibrant regional politics, cultural events, and nearly 8 years of tradition behind us. It's been my home for over 5 years now, and I would recommend it to anyone.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:06 am

Werewolves of the Flame is a rising star in the gameplay world with a successful annexation of Arkham Asylum from the clutches of the Black Riders.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:27 am

The Eternal Realm is open to all. It's an Independent, Imperialist, Regionalist, and Monarchist region aimed at becoming a significant self-driving force. There are also governing/commanding positions available for those that show dedication and commitment in ranking up high enough. Our ranks can be viewed here and our simple four step enlistment process can be found here. As a note, though, like most GP organizations on the Raider side, we communicate using Skype (no face chat or calls, obviously, for privacy). If you have any questions, on the region or just in general, feel free to telegram me.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay