NATION

PASSWORD

Who is the most famous NSer?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:43 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Wickedly evil people wrote:Francos Spain

Got to agree with this, nobody else comes close.

Within the Gameplay community (I can't speak much of the others, as it is difficult to say a single name for all of NS), Francos absolutely is the winner. As mentioned by others, love him or hate him, he made his mark, one which after a decade is still discussed.
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:09 pm

I would disagree with the Franco pick, Unibot is far more famous than Franco in the game today. Perhaps in the minds of older gameplay players it is Franco... but across any group it is going to be Unibot for his projects that touch many broad sections of NS. Even in gameplay itself, it wouldn't be close. Nearly all newer players would have no idea who Franco is.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Solorni wrote:I would disagree with the Franco pick, Unibot is far more famous than Franco in the game today. Perhaps in the minds of older gameplay players it is Franco... but across any group it is going to be Unibot for his projects that touch many broad sections of NS. Even in gameplay itself, it wouldn't be close. Nearly all newer players would have no idea who Franco is.

At the same time, I and others refer to Unibot as "the other Uni" (the original being Unistrut). Sure, Unibot has been influential in the current era of NS. But *most* famous over the decade?

Edit: this question is horribly broad and would be better quantified with a top five or so, IMO.
Last edited by Dalimbar on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Marelius wrote:
Dejanic wrote:Hippo.

His name still makes me want to facedesk. Repeatedly. Guess you're right.

"Still"? He's around, he just avoids NSG because he fears another DEAT would lead to DOS.
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Dalimbar wrote:
Solorni wrote:I would disagree with the Franco pick, Unibot is far more famous than Franco in the game today. Perhaps in the minds of older gameplay players it is Franco... but across any group it is going to be Unibot for his projects that touch many broad sections of NS. Even in gameplay itself, it wouldn't be close. Nearly all newer players would have no idea who Franco is.

At the same time, I and others refer to Unibot as "the other Uni" (the original being Unistrut). Sure, Unibot has been influential in the current era of NS. But *most* famous over the decade?

Edit: this question is horribly broad and would be better quantified with a top five or so, IMO.

The question was who IS the most famous, not WAS the most famous. So I take it to mean currently.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Royona
Civilian

Founded: Apr 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Royona » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Probably lala of the sanada clan. She founded the hl alliance and is pretty much respected across north pacific

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Royona wrote:Probably lala of the sanada clan. She founded the hl alliance and is pretty much respected across north pacific

I bet she never posted in a thread that had not had a post since 2015!
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay