NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris Oracle

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:42 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:But, hey, have fun rewriting history and making your poor decisions seem like masterworks in hindsight.

You got lost on your way to TRT again, Glen. :blush:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:49 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:But, hey, have fun rewriting history and making your poor decisions seem like masterworks in hindsight.

You got lost on your way to TRT again, Glen. :blush:

He sure did Syl.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:59 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Lol maybe that's the purpose in retrospect, Cormac. At the time the wars are being declared, it has nothing to do with a utilitarian analysis of what generates activity. It's usually personal feuds, drunken decrees, or propagandist blustering.

This cynical take on GCR politics is not a new one, but don't expect it to be accurate every time you unleash it from its rusted old cage, GR. Some leaders do actually care about who they lead, believe it or not.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

New Emeritus
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Osiris Oracle II

Postby New Emeritus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:20 am

Issue II

23/06/2015

Elections Season!

The vote for Keeper begins as Pharaoh Election looms

Nominations for Keeper of the Deshret began on the 20th of June as Andrew, the two term Media Scribe and incumbent Keeper, served his first term after his election back in April following former Keeper, Ainocra's, confirmation as Vizer (Vice Delegate) of Osiris. Standing as a three term Curator (Deputy Speaker), back in April, Andrew was the likely candidate to succeeding the then Keeper Ainocra. Standing in the election were incumbent Keeper Andrew, Councillor Kyorgia and Atef Guardian Alexa. On the 26th of June, with all but one vote cast in his name, Andrew was re-elected as Keeper of the Deshret.

With the conclusion of the Keeper election, the Pharaoh Election is began on the 27th. Currently standing is incumbent Vizer Ainocra, whom made an announcement, days earlier, on the European Mixlr Radio during his interview and Forum Root Admin Koth. Voting began on the 3rd of July and ends on the 6th

The previous election opened in late March to multiple individuals being nominated including long standing Keeper, Ainocra, Pharaoh-Emeritus Ravenclaw, Pharaoh-Emeritus Severisen and Elder Zeorus Montresor of the Pschent. The lone candidate to accept their nomination was current Pharaoh, Tim Stark. Due to these circumstances, Ainocra, the electoral administrator, cited section 3 of the Election Administration Act, which read “The individual empowered to administer an election, through adoption of such procedures and methods as they see fit provided such procedures and methods do not contradict this Act or other laws of the Osiris Fraternal Order.” Using this, Ainocra declared Tim Stark the winner of the election.

This decision caused others to question this clause of the Election Administration Act as it took the power away from the Deshret to formally elect their government. Tim mentioned not being aware of such a law. After much discussions, an amendment was made and voted on, which states that the Deshret are to hold a vote of confidence should there only be one candidate running for an election.

Tim was first elected Pharaoh back in January, on the 4th, after gaining the most votes out of all 5 candidates running in the election. Just hours after being elected, Tim issued a decree terminating relations with Ainur for their harboring of 94 Block and issued a Personna non Grata for 94 Block in the process. This was greeted with support from members of the Osiran community but spiraled into an issue after some of Tim words were interpreted as the termination of relations with any region that 'harbor forum crashers, or regions who tolerate those regions.' This decision was meet with backlash from various individuals, criticizing the newly elected Pharaoh of trying to force Ainur's allies of choosing between them and Ainur. Ainur later issued a statement saying that Ainur will not let other regions dictate its internal policy. But Tim promptly intervened in the debates and set the record straight.

On the same day, Tim made his opening address as Pharaoh and announced his Cabinet. Amongst the nominees was former Pharaoh Cormac as Scribe of Foreign Affairs. Cormac's nomination was a point of small controversy as some Councillors doubted that he was the right individual for FA, considering his term as Pharaoh and the Osiris-Lazarene War, but doubt was settled. However, perhaps feeling the political pressure that would restrict the new administration and give OFO a 'black eye', Cormac withdrew his name. Tim refused to nominate another individual for Scribe of Foreign Affairs.

But Tim's term did have it's troubles. The issue with Ainur seemed to set of a chain reaction, with Osiris going on a 'witch-hunt' to purge itself of forum destroyers. PNG's and Court Case's began to pile. First it was Sector ZYX, then Ridersyl and Shadoke over AoI. The three faced removal from the Deshret and a Court case to see their removal from the region. Those who were not citizens of Osiris, were PNGed by either Pharaoh or the Deshret. At least 6 people have been PNG'ed during Tim's tenure,

Including Feuer Ritter, Bob Moran and Halcones who, on the 26th of April were declared to be Persona Non Grata by a decree issued by Pharaoh Tim Stark. This followed revelations by NationStates Moderators of fake manual recruitment using an illegal script (by what was then The Black Riders and The Land Of Kings And Emperors) developed by infamous delete-on-site player Anur-Sanur/Frak.

Similarly, Bob Moran had all of his nation's deleted by NationStates moderators as punishment for illegal script usage and collaboration with Frak, the latter of which is also applicable to Halcones, a former official in The Black Riders before his removal. The Pharoah issued a statement accompanying announcement of the PNG:

I hope that this makes quite clear that Osiris does not tolerate those who voluntarily choose to work with such disreputable individuals such as Frak, and will not welcome them into our region... If you're reading this, work with Frak, and have no plans on stopping, I'll be blunt: Get out of Osiris, and find somewhere else.

However, In what may be the most noteworthy event to occur in 2015, Cormac; recipient of the Nomarchy of Karnak, Seal of Vigiliance, Violet Jewel of the Atum and the Crown of Osiris was found guilty of treason by the Pschent. The former Pharaoh previously articulated his aim for "the OFO to burn" and intent to deliberately endo-tart beyond the endorsement cap "until I seize the Delegacy and overthrow the Osiris Fraternal Order"

Humorously Cormac - already resigned to his fate - requested with attitude and in a not-so-subtle dig at His Majesty's Prosecutor Seker, to "let me prosecute myself on the grounds that I could do a better job [than Seker]".

Ultimately and despite his own sympathies towards the defendant, Presiding Elder Joshua Ravenclaw in face of insurmountable evidence of the fact, along with Cormac's own admission, found the latter guilty of treason against the State and passed down punishment of an exile of no less than twelve months, prohibition from maintaining access to any nation residing inside Osiris and ability to hold diplomatic or citizenship of the OFO for fifteen months. And with that ends an era in Osiran history.

The Legions Rises!

The Legion rises again!

The Sekhmet Legion of Osiris has seen recent spikes in activity as membership and military operations are on the increase under War Scribe Festavo. So far the Sekhmet Legion has participated in 9 operations, such as The Dictators League and A Black Canvas including 3 Sekhmet Legion only operations. In the beginning of the Fraternal Order, The Sehkmet Legion was amongst some of the most active militaries in the game but slowly began declining after Pharaoh Ravenclaw's administration. During several Pharaohships, the Sekhmet Legion continued its decline 'till it was no longer a functional institution.

Also, not forgetting the Sehkmet Legion was weakened by membership in the Imperial Realms Army (ISRA), which was established with treaty between Balder and Osiris, in which intertwined both regions militaries. Although promising at first, it ended with an amendment removing the clause, establishing the ISRA, in the Deshret.

That was until earlier Tim came to office. So far, the Legion have refounded 2 small regions, including one ISIS terrorist affiliated region: USA of ISIS, we have participated in 2 multiregional liberations on Nazi held regions, we have assisted the PRL in the liberation of Lazarus from the NPO, which resulted in participating Legionnaires being awarded the Ribbon of Lazarene Freedom and most recently, we have occupied A Blank Canvas for two updates after fighting with defenders for two updates.

What can we expect from the Sekhmet Legion in the near future? We can expect several more small-medium sized occupations, at least one more refound, continued assistance of our allies and continued support in anti-Nazi operations. The restart of the Sehkmet legion is a good example of a poor past which turns out to be the best investment in a promising future.

An Interview with Tim Stark and Ainocra

Tim talks of his term as Pharaoh of Osiris and Ainocra on his elevation to Vizer
Interview by Osiran Reporter and Culture Scribe Jakker

I sat down with the pharaoh, Tim Stark, to hear his thoughts on the second term and his plans moving forward.

Jakker: When did you decide for yourself that you wanted to take on another term as pharaoh?

Tim: About a week before the election was going to start, I actually sat down to consider it, and essentially decided that I had more I thought I could do, and I wasn't missing being mobile as much as I thought I would, what with update becoming two hours long.

Jakker: You chose to nominate Ainocra as your Vizer for your second term as opposed to continuing with Zaolat. Can you talk more about that decision?

Tim: Aye, sure. It was nothing relating to performance, actually, so alas the allegations of a coup will have to wait for another time. Zaolat was a great Vizier, but he expressed to me before appointments came around that he had other stuff preoccupying him and wouldn't be able to be Vizier. Ainocra, being active and dedicated, was a pretty easy choice after that, given how much work he was already doing just from Minister of WA Affairs.

Jakker: Osiris currently doesn’t have a scribe of Justice or Culture. Do you have any progress being made with that or any thoughts with how to proceed?

Tim: Yes, actually. I'm basically ready to appoint both positions within the next few days hopefully. I've just been a bit busy with AP Exams coming up and the whole finishing High School thing to get around and make sure those I was interested in getting are still available.

Jakker: Anything you are working on or goals for Osiris that you'd like to mention?

Tim: Well, I do have that cou... reform planned involving a Rome theme that I'm still itching to try and see how it goes. Aside from that, mandatory service in the Sekhmet Legion seems like it would certainly bolster our numbers, so we may try that too! And, of course, the ever needed WA endorsement count shall rise. That's right, I want YOU for Sekhmet Legion.

Jakker: How do you want your terms as pharaoh to be remembered?

Tim: Honestly, I think the best word I can think of is stability. I think that, relative to previous Osiris terms, I've had a pretty stable term, and I'd like to keep it that way. We've had more than enough issues as a region, what with the coups, the allegations of outside influence, and the like, so hopefully we'll be able to keep stability during me terms and keep that stability for a long time after I decide to go mobile again.

Jakker: Does that mean you have thoughts of a possible third term?

Tim: We'll see. We haven't had a 3-term Pharaoh since Lyanna Stark, so it would certainly be interesting. I won't deny the fact that my ego would have a field day beating her delegacy record, but I do have a yearning to one day be mobile again, and summer is the prime time for that. I guess it depends on how much I get done this term.

Jakker: Awesome. thank you for your time and answering my questions, pharaoh :D

Tim: No problem :)

Ainocra’s Rise to Vizer
"I am constant as the northern star."

As mentioned above, Ainocra was chosen by Tim to serve as the Vizer for this current term. Upon stepping down from his position as Keeper to take on the role, several members of the Osiran community praised Ainocra for his efforts. As Revall, a member of the Deshret said, “This man who is leaving this job for another job or two is really a bad man because he is depriving us of his exemplary commitment and service to Osiris as an excellent, excellent keeper.”

Since taking office, Ainocra has continued being an active presence for Osiris. I sat down with him to hear his thoughts on his transition to the new role and goals for the future.

Jakker: What are some goals do you have for your term as Vizer?

Ainocra: Well my intent as Vizier is to be more active and involved in the Hedjet than those previous office holders have been. To that end I have worked pretty closely with Tim on a number of things. I have been working on a set of operating policies for the individual cabinet ministries, and a lot of my focus is on diplomacy and foreign policy. I am in negotiating with several other governments on behalf of Osiris at the moment. I am also working closely with the atef to get the region security a bit better mainly by trying to get all of them to cap and stable. I intend to leave a framework so that whoever comes after me in the job will have a good idea of what to do and how to do it, much as I think I did in the Deshret.

Jakker: What do you think is most promising about Osiris right now? What is something you would like to see improved?

Ainocra: Most promising, well we are stable and secure, and our gameside WA membership is at some it's highest levels ever. That holds a great deal of promise, I would like to get more of those people involved in the government, the Deshret and the Hedjet both. That reminds me, i'll have to send another mass telegram on the subject later today. The more involved the community is the more stable secure and active the entire region is. At least in my view.

Jakker: You declined a nomination for pharaoh in the last election. Any thoughts to run in the future?

Ainocra: I have considered it, and I will likely eventually run. Tim is doing a great job though, and has had probably the roughest climb to the throne of anyone in Osiran history so I am content to let him enjoy his time in the sun for as long as he wishes. He's earned it. Besides the sun isn't going anywhere, it will still be just as bright when my time comes.....

Jakker: What has been the biggest adjustment you have had to deal with going from Keeper to Vizer?

Ainocra: It's quite complicated. As keeper you wield an enormous amount of influence in the Deshret, but as Vizier at least in the Deshret you are just another voice in the chorus.

Jakker: Anything else you want to share?

Ainocra: Being Vizier is a different set of challenges than those I faced as Keeper, but they are not insurmountable and I will enjoy continuing to meet them as they arise. I would encourage all Osirans to get involved in your government, after all it exists to serve and maintain the security of the people.

Jakker: Do you think that there isn't enough involvement in the government by citizens?

Ainocra: I think there is always room for more, right now the Hedjet and the Deshret are both robust, but any online game lives on its new members. This one is no different. Life happens to us all and people come and people go, only by continuing to involve new members we can ensure the continuation of those institutions we have built here.

Jakker: Do you have any words of advice for Andrew, the newest Keeper?

Ainocra: Just remember, you hold the gavel.

Jakker: Awesome. Thanks for your time :D

Ainocra: My pleasure.

Despite some bumpy rides Tim’s time in office, inarguably, has brought some life back to OFO. In his two terms of office, the region has seen a increase in forum and government activity, the regeneration of the Sekhmet Legion, strengthening of foreign relations and closer in-game and offsite community communication.

But as voting day draws ever closer, like always, the Osiran voters are wondering who will be the victor on the 6th of July and what will Osiris be like, under them.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Pretty much this entire edition is massively outdated...

Ikand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ikand » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:Pretty much this entire edition is massively outdated...

Pretty much? You're being kind. =P
[align=center]Hail Osiris! Hail the chariots of the Legion!
Ex-Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order/align]

Jakker Loves Rawr
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker Loves Rawr » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Ikand wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:Pretty much this entire edition is massively outdated...

Pretty much? You're being kind. =P

But it happened. 8)

Jakker Loves Rawr
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

August 2015 Issue

Postby Jakker Loves Rawr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:12 pm

August 2015 Issue

Interview with Pierconium, Delegate of The Pacific

Jakker: When did Krulltopia let you know that he was stepping down as delegate and that you would be taking over? How did you feel about that?

Pierconium: The transition has been planned for quite a while now. We intended it to take place prior to the anniversary of the New Pacific Order.

Jakker: During the transition of delegacy between Krulltopia and you, I saw that Krulltopia ejected and banned Feux from The Pacific. You said in the GP thread that it was done to “use up Krulltopia's Influence. Feux will be unbanned after the next update.” Why is removing Krulltopia’s influence a goal? Wouldn’t it be beneficial to have a trusted nation with influence in the region? Why the wait to unban Feux? If the goal is to diminish Krull’s influence, this is accomplished as soon as Feux was banned. It sounds more like an additional goal was to diminish Feux’s influence in The Pacific. Why wait to unban Feux? Why was he the only one to be ejected and banned?

Pierconium: No, I believe it is best for the security of the region to maintain the bulk of Influence within the Delegate nation and possibly one or two members of the Senate. Since Feux is no longer a part of the Senate, it is not necessary for him to maintain any Influence at all. He was banned for this reason, and has since been unbanned and returned to The Pacific.

Jakker: Since you have taken over, you removed the mention of”Founded by Francos Spain” in The Pacific’s WFE. When asked on Pacifica’s RMB, you answered: “The time for hero-worship has ended.” Can you talk more about that? What is your reasoning for this mentality? Will Francoism no longer be a driving forcing in NPO?

Pierconium: Francoism was a tool put in place to characterize the separation of the GCRs with the rest of the NationStates world. But, it is not outmoded and while I still maintain that the dichotomy is important, I do not see Francoism as having current or continuing relevance to this world.

Jakker: Krull has been the delegate of The Pacific for longer than many players have played NS. He was also in power longer than many Emperors of Pacifica. Do you plan on staying in power for just as long?

Pierconium: No. I am not likely to rule The Pacific for six years.

Jakker: Elegarth was reinstated as a Senator of Pacifica. Would made that decision? What made Elegarth decide to return to a leadership role after he left because of dislike of the region’s direction? Did he want to return earlier, but was denied?
What other changes should NationStates expect in Pacifica from your leadership?

Pierconium: I made the decision. The Emperor is the only authority in The Pacific that has the power to appoint to the Pacific Senate. Elegarth was offered the position and it was explained that it would correspond with the transition. I will not divulge when it was offered to him. As far as other changes go, we will all just have to wait and see.

Jakker: What goals do you have for The Pacific both internally and outside of the region?

Pierconium: First, we are going to revamp the military, which has stood defunct for quite a while. Second, we will be reintroducing the provincial system within the region, which allows for a more direct method of community, communication, and governance for the region as a whole.

Jakker: The Pacific’s relations with many regions took a hit in the last year. Is there are plans to mend any of those relations lost? Any goals to build relations with new allies?

Pierconium: As far as external relations are concerned, it is my hope that Senator Elegarth will be able to mitigate any damage I might do with my forthrightness and blunt force style of diplomacy. We shall see.

Jakker: What do you look forward to the most as Emperor?

Pierconium: Pissing people that see The Pacific as a target off.

Jakker: Any final thoughts you’d like to share?

Pierconium: Not really, I am generally a man of few words.

Opinion Piece

The Stigma of “The Switch”
By: Severisen

As a bit of a pre-text to this article, since the readers may or may not be aware, I recently switched back to raiding full time. I spent the last year, almost to the day, hanging out with the EPSA, which entailed almost exclusively defending. I’ll discuss my own experience in switching first to defending, and then back to raiding.

I joined The Black Hawks in April of 2012. This was my home for just over two years, and I made some really great friends. I knew some defenders, particularly those who had switched and had been raiders previously, but most of my contacts in gameplay were, understandably, raiders. TBH fell to inactivity and I tried out other organizations, but for the most part, it was not the same because the people I enjoyed spending time with were busy in “Real Life.” I was in TBR for a while, but then I was asked to join the OFO and become its inaugural Marshal General, and that got my attention for the time being. It was in this capacity I was first introduced to Xoriet, then the to-be Overseeing Officer of The Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army. We established a working relationship over the course of the next several months and I was elected Pharaoh. Some time around May 2014, she inadvertently began the slow process of helping me make the decision to switch to defending. Oddly enough, it was during a raid she was participating in that was the genesis of my conversion. We discussed it a lot over the coming months, as I still had a region to lead.

Fast forward to end of July 2014, and I was finally done as delegate. I decided to make “The Switch” from raiding to defending. I posted/gave resignations in my former homes of DEN, TBH, Sekhmet, Jomsvikings, BoM, TBR. (I think that’s it.) I wanted to defend, and I wanted to be part of the EPSA, but mostly I wanted to have fun again in GP, and Xoriet was the driving force behind that motivation. I introduced myself around to some defender friends, or acquaintances, that I had made over the previous two years as a raider. Most were reluctant to believe I had actually switched, and was interested in defending at all. I was met with less than open arms, and I suppose that’s understandable. The first time I joined one of the operations channels, I was immediately banned as a “raider” and had to have EPSA vouch for my presence. It took some time before I felt like I was welcomed among them on a personal level, and longer on a professional level.

I tried to reason with myself as to why this was the case. It made sense, I guess, that it would take a while to gain their trust, but it seemed like they would at least give me some benefit of the doubt. I didn’t want them to trust me completely, but I wanted a chance at the very least. My raider friends were upset that I had left, but they understood. Other raiders were less than pleased. I was removed from histories by some groups, and essentially blocked from all communications with them. I mean, I get an IC shunning, but the OC bit kind of took me by surprise. I suppose it made sense, in some ways, but I hadn’t really expected it, I guess. I should say, I didn’t expect it to happen to me.

I had watched people switch before, including one of my closest friends, Cormac. I always felt he got a rough end of the deal, and he has switched a number of times, granted. He wasn’t the only one, though, and yet he became the poster child for switching. It’s almost comical--in that “Is this even funny at this point?” kind of way-- that some people seem to cling to that as their go-to insult. Why was it that he caught so much flak, when others before him and since have had relatively painless transitions?

I spoke to other friends who mentioned that how often one switches can have an impact on the general reception by either side. Someone who switches once, or twice, given enough time between, will generally have an easier time than someone who changes more regularly. It also depends on how the person left their side. There are some circumstances that seem to be more forgivable, like whether or not there is a personality conflict with fellow raiders or defenders. Personality conflicts are understandable. Ultimately this is a game, and if you feel stuck on a side and don’t enjoy the company, the game is not enjoyable. It would make sense to be where your friends are.

Leaving one side for the other can be messy. If you give your former compatriots a one finger wave on your way out the door, exploding and airing dirty laundry, burning bridges as you go, this makes it more difficult to have a homecoming. On the other hand, making a public display can potentially work in your favor, earning you points with your soon to be friends.

Another thing that makes it easier to switch, but can increase the flak received is the skill level and value to your potential new team. A really skilled player switching is more easily accepted by the new side, and more bitterly taken by the former side. In addition, it can be bitter to lose someone whose personality blended well, and is a friend, or well liked in the community. The receiving side will generally be welcoming of such a person, and the former side may be sour at the loss. Common sense.

I recently returned to TBH. I did it relatively quietly, having faded out of the defender community for the last several months. It felt right, and I reasoned that it had been a year since my last switch. I was going back where I felt I belonged, to my home in TBH, and I was welcomed with open arms, and even celebrated. I haven’t had the chance to talk to many defenders since the news was released, but I would hope that any ill will was kept to an IC level, because I certainly hold no contempt for most of them.

If there are a few things I have noticed, it’s that limiting your switches helps make an easier transition. Being honest with your reasons, especially if you are not having fun anymore, helps a lot. Not making a splash on your way out can help alleviate the flak you get from your former side, and finally, being sought out can help and hurt you. I’m sure this isn’t earth shattering news to anyone, but it was an interesting journey, and I don’t regret the switches I made. After all, this is only a game.

Interview with Ramaeus, Delegate of The East Pacific

Jakker Loves Rawr is on a quest to interview Osiris' allies and embassied regions. We start with The East Pacific...

Jakker: How has your current term(s) as delegate been different than your previous term(s)?

Ramaeus: Oh, that's quite the question. This term has been significantly less chaotic than previous terms. I had the unfortunate habit of getting several FA disasters involving TEP's allies. I've managed to avoid my aforementioned habit so far. I hope my luck continues.

Jakker: How has the adjustment been for the EPSA with the retirement of Xoriet?

Ramaeus: Difficult, but we're managing. She left a massive hole that will take time to fill, but I believe that Loh (her replacement) is up to the task.

Jakker: What are some awesome aspects of TEP that people may not know about?

Ramaeus: Quite a lot, I'd imagine. We're relatively isolationist. Our regional Skype chat is pretty active. But a less obvious answer would be our propensity for avoiding drama.

Jakker: What is your vision for TEP’s future?

Ramaeus: Bigger. More active. More WA nations. Pretty simple. :P

Jakker: What are your thoughts on the relationship between Osiris and TEP?

Ramaeus: We're pretty close. There's regular communication between Koth and I. And there's that Sev guy...

Jakker: There is current discussion for reform in the GA. As an experienced SC writer, do you feel that the SC needs reform as well? Which changes would you like to see if any?

Ramaeus: More writers (there aren't any actual writers churning out drafts at a consistent pace). That's the one thing that's needed before any talk of reform can happen.

Jakker: What would be the coolest Osiris-TEP joint event ever?

Ramaeus: I will have to plot with Koth on this.

The Scroll of Thoth

New citizen and councilor, Common-Sense Politics, has started a new initiative where the Priesthood of Apis will post "brief, frequent updates of developing stories here in Osiris and across the NationStates world and direct you to them, where appropriate, with helpful links and other information. Our goal is to promote awareness, engagement, and activity among the citizenry of the Osiris Fraternal Order."

Below is the post made on August 12th:

August 12th, 2015

Here in the OFO

- On August 4th, Scribe of War and Marshal General Festavo promoted Sekhmet Legionnaires War Wombat and Ivo to the rank of Private First Class for displayed reliability, skill, and initiative.

- The embassy request made on behalf of New Hyperion was granted by Scribe of Foreign Affairs Severisen.

- Two new citizens, Oriole Electronics and Potil, have joined us.

- Pharaoh Koth's Adventures in the Sandbox character-based roleplay continues alongside Aslpan 54 in the Temple of Khepri.

- Smenkhara, also known as Kemi, is Osiran of the Week!

- Scribe of Culture Impossible Girl has announced the next Monthly Avatar Contest will be Pokemon themed.

- Our allies in Europeia have posted the latest edition of the 'Europeian Independent' in the Temple of Foreign Gods.

- The proposal for Scribe of Justice reform led by Councilor Datford-Zyvetskistaahn awaits a second on a motion to move to a vote.

Further Afield

- The General Assemply proposal 'Access to Humanitarian Aid' was passed 10,008 votes to 1,387. Pharaoh Koth joined the affirmative vote. No other proposals are currently at the voting stage.

- Delegate of the Pacific, Krulltopia has stepped down. New NPO Emperor, Pierconium has named Elogarth Pacifican Senator of Diplomacy and Aleisyr Viceroy.

- Charles Cerebella posted 'A Critique of Imperialism' in response to OnderKelkia's piece on the future of the same in the most recent issue of the Europeian Standard.

- Our own Severisen has returned to the Black Hawks and resumes his role on the Council and as Intelligence Director. TBH successfuly tagged 20 region on last Monday's minor.

- Phazon Winter has been elected president of The Communist Bloc.
Last edited by Jakker Loves Rawr on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayvari
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Good release! :)

Also, nicely written, Sev.
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Amazing. Jakker did a great interview with Pierconium and Sev wrote a beautiful piece. Acceptance by any community in NS is conditional and the tightrope walk some gameplayers have to do maintain it is both incredible and heartbreaking.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:58 pm

I didn't expect a mention for the Scroll! I hope it will serve its stated purpose well into the future as we seek to make the media sector in Osiris more robust.
President of Europeia

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:07 pm

good issue :)
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:21 pm

An excellent issue from the Osiris Oracle.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Dr Ivo
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr Ivo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Great interviews and a wonderful article by Sev. Well done.
Osiris Fraternal Order

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Jakker Loves Rawr wrote:Pierconium: Not really, I am generally a man of few words.

Looks like I won.
Just some weeb.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:06 pm

Pierconium: As far as external relations are concerned, it is my hope that Senator Elegarth will be able to mitigate any damage I might do with my forthrightness and blunt force style of diplomacy. We shall see.

>few lines later

Jakker: What do you look forward to the most as Emperor?

Pierconium: Pissing people that see The Pacific as a target off.

I get the feeling Elegarth has a lot of damage control in their future. :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 am

Ramaeus wrote:
Jakker Loves Rawr wrote:Pierconium: Not really, I am generally a man of few words.

Looks like I won.

Indeed.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 am

Excellent issue, very enjoyable read.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am

Great stuff!
hue

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:08 am

Great paper, enjoyed reading that, very interesting.
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Jakker Loves Rawr
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker Loves Rawr » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Thank you all for the kind words :)

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
I get the feeling Elegarth has a lot of damage control in their future. :p

If anyone can spin a story it is Elg. :p Hopefully he does a better job than Feux did (but that wouldn't take much effort).

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Good issue.
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

Lazmac
Attaché

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazmac » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:19 am

It's nice to see Osiris doing so well. Very good job with the Oracle and I hope it will continue!
Cormac

Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:16 am

Top quality article, definitely a good read. :)
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay