NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris Oracle

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Yeah. I can assure you, being someone who actually talks to him regularly, that Charles in reality could not care less about what happened with the World Fair. It's a bit ironic that you're calling him childish while repeatedly making rather desperate snipes at him yourself.

You seem quite intent on turning this into something, but I suppose that's normal for you Cormac. I think Todd was right in that this was meant to stir people up, and well, you're allowing yourself to be stirred.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Consular wrote:Yeah. I can assure you, being someone who actually talks to him regularly, that Charles in reality could not care less about what happened with the World Fair. It's a bit ironic that you're calling him childish while repeatedly making rather desperate snipes at him yourself.

You seem quite intent on turning this into something, but I suppose that's normal for you Cormac. I think Todd was right in that this was meant to stir people up, and well, you're allowing yourself to be stirred.

I don't think Osiris is in the business of "stirring things up" for the sake of it, and it's unfortunate to see a royal representative of one of Osiris' supposedly closest allies blaming its regional publication for the words of your King. No one forced him to do the interview or to spend the bulk of it rehashing a months old dispute that he was wrong about in the first place. That's on him, not on Osiris or its regional media.

The vague snipes at "vocal gameplayers" and "toxicity" are directed at me, as well as others who participated in that debate, and those accusations remain as ridiculous as they were several months ago. If Kris and Cere want to repeat their months old, ridiculous claims -- and it was their choice to repeat them, Osiris didn't force them to be petty -- then I'm not going to refrain from repeating that they're libeling me, and others, with ridiculous accusations that aren't supported by facts.

Jakker Loves Rawr
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker Loves Rawr » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Just to clarify some things:

There was never an intention by the Oracle to try and "stir the pot." I wanted to hear the thoughts of the players who were involved in the planning of World Fair. I decided to interview Charles and Kris as well because while they ultimately did not directly contribute to the World Fair that occurred, they did have contributions that I thought should be part of the conversation. Ultimately, my goal was simply to give readers a holistic view of what led to this year's World fair.

I think their answers simply reflect players who had a vision for something that was not able to be realized. It is unfortunate how things turned out and I applaud their honesty.

That all is not to take away from the great work done by the committee and Greater Dienstad in organizing the event. I telegrammed all of the committee members for interviews, but only received two responses. Ideally, there would be more representation of the efforts put in there. I only gave a few days time to respond, so I apologize for that.
Last edited by Jakker Loves Rawr on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charles Cerebella
Envoy

Founded: Jul 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Cerebella » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:02 am

Heh. I was asked questions. I gave honest answers. Jakker has interviewed me a few times on various occasions on various things, and I'm always happy to help, and help to support NS media by obliging regardless of who it is for. Jakker wanted to know how I felt about it, so I told him how I felt about it. This is the first time I've given any thought about it since the events really and I harbour no ill will to anybody, and indeed consider many people friends even if they had differing view points on this matter. I'm certainly very glad that the Fair was a success. ^_^
Charles Cerebella

King of Albion

Kringalia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:11 am

I consider myself somewhere between semi-retired and retired from NationStates, so it was quite a coincidence that I logged in shortly after Jakker sent me a telegram asking me to answer a few questions. I simply answered those questions honestly, just like Charles says he did. This is the first time I had even thought of the World Fair I refused to join the Committee, so that says something about how little relevance it has to me personally.

I have no doubt that it's members have good intentions, but unfortunately I believe the whole matter was handled inadequately. This is not a matter of repeating old arguments like I were a broken record. I was asked some questions and I answered honestly. Beyond that, I have absolutely no interest in pursuing this matter any further. It would have been disrespect to Jakker if I provided false answers to his interview, when he was approaching me in good faith.

Since this is all I plan to say about this, I will just close with Happy New Year!
Chief Justice of the South Pacific
Delegate of the South Pacific (Apr - Dec 2014)

Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper | Commended by WASC #422

Previous

Return to Gameplay