NATION

PASSWORD

Europeia Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:30 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the delusions of the Natives thinking they were "fighting back" successfully was precisely why TBR occupied the region for as long as they did.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:15 pm

King Nephmir II wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the delusions of the Natives thinking they were "fighting back" successfully was precisely why TBR occupied the region for as long as they did.

Bingo.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
King Nephmir II wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the delusions of the Natives thinking they were "fighting back" successfully was precisely why TBR occupied the region for as long as they did.

Bingo.

Perhaps so but this does not change the fact that we must fight back. Anarchists crave freedom. Telling us that the punishment will stop when we submit will not make us any more inclined to submit.

The invading game is about dominance, but anarchists don't submit to any form of authority.
Did you see a ghost?

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Natapoc wrote:Perhaps so but this does not change the fact that we must fight back. Anarchists crave freedom. Telling us that the punishment will stop when we submit will not make us any more inclined to submit.

The invading game is about dominance, but anarchists don't submit to any form of authority.

Actually, the "punishment"/occupation would have stopped if you guys were even marginally sane in your reaction to being invaded. The fact you all went batshit is why we didn't stop.

Also, you were just talking about how inexperienced you are in R/D. Don't start talking like you're an authority on the invading game, and the how's and why's of its play.

"IT'S ABOUT DOMINANCE!" :lol:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:00 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
Bingo.

Perhaps so but this does not change the fact that we must fight back. Anarchists crave freedom. Telling us that the punishment will stop when we submit will not make us any more inclined to submit.

Brilliant strategy there, mate. Really paid off massively in your favor.

Ah, indeed. It's been some time since i pulled out the ol' latex suit.
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Writinglegend
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Writinglegend » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:43 am

Asia Conquered!

On the most recent major update, the Europeian Republican Navy led a large coalition of allies and friends alike in a stunning show of force to overtake the UCR of Asia. Along with our allies in The North Pacific, Balder, Albion, and the Land of Kings and Emperors, our friends in The Black Hawks and partners in DEN also participated in a combined showing of twenty-six endorsements to take raid the region of Asia. Asia previously sat with a native delegate at 15 endorsements and a regional population of 100. Currently, the delegate stands at 37 endorsements, a number expected to continually rise over the next couple of days.

The raid on Asia led by Europeia represents an increased focus on military leadership abroad in multi-regional operations while exerting our leadership in naval operations. The raid also displays the might of Europeia's military, showing that we can bring together friends, allies, and partners alike while deploying a dozen of our own to yield fruitful results. This is the second hold the ERN has led this term.

Grand Admiral Writinglegend led and triggered the operation with Vice Admiral Kraketopia, Captain Drecq, Lt. Commander CptCarrot, Ensign Starstream Tribe, Midshipman Cool Spring, Midshipman Eliot Montresor-Stark, Midshipman Netz, Midshipman Malvacka, and Midshipman Rand all participating in the original raid on the target. Those who provided reinforcements will be noted respectively in a later post.

Europeia would like to gracefully thank The North Pacific, Balder, Albion, LKE, TBH, and DEN in their participation in this successful operation.

HUZZAH! 8)

Last edited by Writinglegend on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
10x President of Europeia

Icecream Princess
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Icecream Princess » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:47 am

While not as dominant as some of the more recent raids, this was still pretty amazing. I know some argue for balance in the game, but personally I love being part of the side that can do whatever they want.

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Congratulations on the awesome raid :D
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Trinnien
Secretary

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinnien » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:54 am

Greetings fellow NSers!

Two weeks ago, I, Trinnien Augustan, was elected President of Europeia. It's been a roller-coaster ride since I joined Europeia back in May of 2015, but I've enjoyed every moment of it. During my tenure as the Minister of Foreign Affairs under President Writinglegend, or in the immediate past, as Vice President to President Kraketopia, I had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with a number of you from across NationStates.

I want to let you all know that my office is always open if you ever want to come to talk. I am a rational, patient, and pragmatic individual that does not resort to heated rhetoric or stubbornness. But, while I have played NS on and off since 2008, it is only since summer 2015 that I've been active in a region. As such, I'm sure there are some out there that are curious as to my views - how does my leadership alter how you and your region interact with Europeia?

Unsurprisingly in Gameplay, the focus tends to be on military approach. I am a staunch supporter of Independence and one should not expect from me a radical change in Europeia's approach in such matters. I understand that there are some out there that say Independence is just a fancy word for Raider. I understand where they are coming from, but know that for me - our actions are always for the betterment of our region whether that is to provide training for our troops, or defending a region to forge closer ties. Raiding or defending, it is only a tool of our foreign policy and not what defines us as a region. Europeia prides itself on being a region where open discourse, a just system of law, and community are our main pillars.

But most importantly, it is my willingness to listen and give other's a fair chance to explain their views. I do not promise I will agree with you, or change a course of action, but I will let you say your piece with respect.

I look forward to getting to know more of you over the course of my term, and again, my door is open if you care to stop by and talk for awhile.

Most sincerely,

President of Europeia
Enjoying a life of bemused indifference.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:18 am

You guys should really update the header, I thought you hit Asia again! :P

Congratulations on your election, though, Trinnien.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Trinnien
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinnien » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:25 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:You guys should really update the header, I thought you hit Asia again! :P

Congratulations on your election, though, Trinnien.

Thank you, and yeah... I pinged Anumia on that, downside of changing the header anytime something happens, it also goes obsolete quickly.

Writinglegend
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Writinglegend » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 am

This past major update, the Europeian Republican Navy and a coalition of allies and military partners alike stormed the region of Middle Earth and overtook the delegacy within a couple of seconds. The group of 20 endorsements provided to be an overwhelming force for that of the native region of 89 in population with 10 endorsements, and quickly Europeia gained the delegacy of the region. Little did the members of Middle Earth know that we smuggled in Gollum to collect the precious for us to put on display at our Ninth Anniversary Celebration, and that they would no longer be the master of the ring.

This operation shows a continued commitment and excellence at using our military to expand our leadership abroad, as well as a perseverance to cooperate with varying allies and partners. This operation also sheds light towards the military power of the ERN, as well as the forces it can muster. Our ninth anniversary is a time for celebration and humbleness, a time to look back on all we have been through as a region in order to lay down the planks for the next nine years. With our military allies and friends, we were able to start these next nine years with a true bang. The message at the bottom of the WFE reads as follows:

"This past Sunday, Europeia; the second largest UCR in the game, turned nine years old. Throughout our nine years of existence we have faced trials and tribulatons where we have grown over internal strife, political scandals, and many other domestic and foreign incidents that threatened our existence. Each and every year Europeia prevailed: just like it ill prevail for another nine years."

Europeia would like to graciously thank The North Pacific, The South Pacific, LKE, Kingdom of Alexandria, The Black Hawks, and DEN for their assistance in the operation as well as Osiris for providing reinforcements.

HUZZAH FOR NINE MORE YEARS! :bow:

Last edited by Writinglegend on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10x President of Europeia

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:26 am

Looks great. Congrats WL.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:38 pm

TBH is always pleased when we can assist our Europeian friends :)
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Knot II
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Always happy to help antagonize TITO and watch their subsequent failures.

Congratulations to Europeia on their 9th anniversary.
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.
[12:20 AM] Chingis Otchigin: Knot's hammer is splash damage konfirmed

Theoden Sebastian
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Theoden Sebastian » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Congratulations to Euro for this successful operation!
Theoden Sebastian
Retired Emperor Sequentia of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Duke of Aalborg in Balder
Other Titles and Positions, Past and Present

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Why is your screenshot so fuzzy? :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Dark Robes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Robes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:16 am

What in Middle Earth is happening in that region? The natives don't seem to realize that they've been raided. :P
Gradea Sanguine
Commanding Officer of the Conch Kingdom Naval Reserve

Australian, social liberal, gender egilitarian, capitalist

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Congrats to Europeia on a successful operation. :)
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Direwolf Defender
Secretary

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Direwolf Defender » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 am

Dark Robes wrote:What in Middle Earth is happening in that region? The natives don't seem to realize that they've been raided. :P

Natives complain about being raided.
"You guys need to chill, it's only a little raid, just act as if nothing is happening and we'll be gone soon."
Natives act as if nothing is happening.
"Lol look at those loser natives they don't even realize they've been raided!"

What DO you want natives to do?

Siniarus
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Siniarus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:35 am

Direwolf Defender wrote:
Dark Robes wrote:What in Middle Earth is happening in that region? The natives don't seem to realize that they've been raided. :P

"You guys need to chill, it's only a little raid, just act as if nothing is happening and we'll be gone soon."

You're the only one who said "loser".
Current:
Private First Class in The Black Hawks
Citizen of Kingdom of Alexandria
Citizen of Grand Central
Prime Minister of the Spanish Kingdom
Patriarch of House Sonovavich
Former:
Citizen of Osiris
I am a 17 year old American guy. I am a rational Roman Catholic, and also happen to be a furry (a fan, not an actual anthropomorphic animal).
For:
Christianity, Small Government, Science, Raiding, the Carolina Panthers, and Furry Fandom

Neutral on:
Same-sex Marriage, Gun Laws, Other Religions, Atheism

Against:
Antitheism, Late-term Abortion, Big Government, Hatred

TG me if you want to debate.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 am

Siniarus wrote:
Direwolf Defender wrote:

You're the only one who said "loser".

You hit the nail on the head.

Dark Robes made a humorous observation, and Defender tried to turn it into Gameplay politicking. Defender, there's no need to cause drama here, man.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Last I remember Gradea =/= raider.

Dark Robes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Robes » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 am

Direwolf Defender wrote:

I was never suggesting any course of action for the natives. I was merely, as Ridersyl put it, making an observation.
ChingisOtchigin wrote:Last I remember Gradea =/= raider.

Nice try. :p I'm an Independent (as always).
Gradea Sanguine
Commanding Officer of the Conch Kingdom Naval Reserve

Australian, social liberal, gender egilitarian, capitalist

Trinnien
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinnien » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:11 pm

At this time, the Europeian government wishes to condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the use of the illegal script known as Predator as well as any form of collusion with former players determined to be DOS by NationStates Moderation. We also condemn those players and organizations who facilitated, in any way, the propagation of these crimes. We view these actions, whether perpetrated by individuals or organizations as a matter of policy, to be wholly unacceptable.

As a community that has traditionally placed a genuine emphasis on fair play, ethical practices, and cooperation in good faith with our military partners, we are deeply offended by these actions which have undermined the integrity of our game. Activities such as are being alleged are irreconcilable with our values.

In light of this, military cooperation and, further, diplomatic relations of any kind between the Republic of Europeia and all regions or organizations directly implicated in this sordid, illegal behavior including but not limited to DEN, The Black Hawks, and The Black Riders are hereby suspended until such a time that NS Moderation publishes a ruling and findings of their investigation regarding the Predator controversy. We encourage any players who have yet to come forth and provide site authorities with any information they may have relating to this matter to do so with all haste.

Trinnien, President of Europeia
Kraketopia, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Writinglegend, Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay