NATION

PASSWORD

The Association of Imperialism - Moving to Osiris!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

KaelThas Quilor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby KaelThas Quilor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Consular wrote:I also like Raven.

For the record, some of you people (I'm sure I need not name names here) could probably afford to be slightly less antagonistic.

Why? I'd prefer open antagonism to veiled or concealed dislike. I like to know where everyone stands.
The Main Nation of the Player also known as Cerian Quilor. I am still Cerian the player, just with a different Main.
The Bruce wrote:I sometimes suspect that Cerian Quilor is here to harvest the tears of young, ambitious nations.

Cormac Stark wrote:my opinion of me, as usual, is the only one that matters. :p
Attorney General, Republic of Europeia
Captain in the Europeian Republican Navy
Citizen, The New Inqusition

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 pm

In my experience, dislike of a person usually stems from lack of understanding, rather than some innate unlikeableness.

I just think things could be more pleasant if we went about our business without descending to the passive aggressive nonsense some of us are so fond of.

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 pm

I'd just like the record to reflect that I'm usually very up front if I don't like somebody, and usually have reasons for it too. Passive Aggressive is overrated, just tell it how it is!
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

KaelThas Quilor
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby KaelThas Quilor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Consular wrote:In my experience, dislike of a person usually stems from lack of understanding, rather than some innate unlikeableness.

I just think things could be more pleasant if we went about our business without descending to the passive aggressive nonsense some of us are so fond of.

If NS was more pleasant, less people would play GP.

Also, you can understand a person and still dislike them. Stop being such an idealist, Cassius. :P
The Main Nation of the Player also known as Cerian Quilor. I am still Cerian the player, just with a different Main.
The Bruce wrote:I sometimes suspect that Cerian Quilor is here to harvest the tears of young, ambitious nations.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:55 pm

When you stop being such a cold-hearted pragmatist, I'll think about it, Cerian. :P

KaelThas Quilor
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby KaelThas Quilor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Consular wrote:When you stop being such a cold-hearted pragmatist, I'll think about it, Cerian. :P

I'm a pragmatist, but the cold-heartedness is paired with me being a jack*ss.

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Tim Stark wrote:
Benjamin Henrikson wrote:I administrate madrigal. There is no excuse. It's two hours out of your day. Jus sayin

Mate, I realize you're young, but you do realize two hours out of a day is a massive amount of time, right? There's certainly an excuse. First of all, RL comes over NS always. If he says he doesn't have time then clearly he's got stuff happening in RL. There's these things called jobs that take up a large amount of time, you know, as well as any number of activities regarding extra-curricular sports, schoolwork, or just actually being a social person. Get off your high horse, dude.

Nah, after three and a half months of being beaten whenever I am down, I am done playing nice. The ammount of abuse I have taken, and been quiet about it, is overwhelming.

I know I fucked up with crashing the forum, so if I tried to move to Osiris, Lazarus, or any of the other region that banned me I would expect to be turned down and cited for my "crimes". I do not deserve it when I am talking anywhere on the NS forum. I think you can see why I am loving the saddle.

As for the time, I realize that, but in Rifty's case your looking at someone who can stay up to 6am. Tell me, what else could he be doing at that hour? If he was so busy why lose sleep?
Founder of New Madrigal

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Benjamin Henrikson wrote:
Tim Stark wrote:
Mate, I realize you're young, but you do realize two hours out of a day is a massive amount of time, right? There's certainly an excuse. First of all, RL comes over NS always. If he says he doesn't have time then clearly he's got stuff happening in RL. There's these things called jobs that take up a large amount of time, you know, as well as any number of activities regarding extra-curricular sports, schoolwork, or just actually being a social person. Get off your high horse, dude.

Nah, after three and a half months of being beaten whenever I am down, I am done playing nice. The ammount of abuse I have taken, and been quiet about it, is overwhelming.

I know I fucked up with crashing the forum, so if I tried to move to Osiris, Lazarus, or any of the other region that banned me I would expect to be turned down and cited for my "crimes". I do not deserve it when I am talking anywhere on the NS forum. I think you can see why I am loving the saddle.

As for the time, I realize that, but in Rifty's case your looking at someone who can stay up to 6am. Tell me, what else could he be doing at that hour? If he was so busy why lose sleep?

So you weren't saying anything of value but bitching...

Tim was just pointing out the flaws in yet another of your posts which is fine since the flaws exsisted. You just make clear you were whining for the sake of whining. I treat your poorly when you screw up - however that changed the moment you touched our forum.

You got banned from regions for taking down a forum - just as a raider is seen with screwed looked from natives; you'll be side eyed by any region with a forum.

And on the note of my sleep patterns... -.-

I have troubles sleeping at nights - I find it really difficult. I sleep in the evening ussualy (4 - 12ish) and wake up. I get all school work i had (and will have soon with university) as well as site maintenance which I do on the side as a hobby.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:14 pm

So he got banned from places, but they both got off scott-free, right?
uhuh
That's why I did, in fact, reply to your post :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:So he got banned from places, but they both got off scott-free, right?
uhuh

"Ring leader"
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:45 am

Rifty wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:So he got banned from places, but they both got off scott-free, right?
uhuh

"Ring leader"

Anyone else remembering GDU right now? Ya know that instance were Rifty and Fest stole a founder account, rekt a region, over petty circumstances? Yes, they gave it back, but Rifty was the ring leader. And any region with a founding admin should now view him with caution.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 am

Valrifell wrote:
Rifty wrote:"Ring leader"

Anyone else remembering GDU right now? Ya know that instance were Rifty and Fest stole a founder account, rekt a region, over petty circumstances? Yes, they gave it back, but Rifty was the ring leader. And any region with a founding admin should now view him with caution.

Any region with a founding admin should not be dumb enough to trust any random person.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:09 am

You're trying really hard to find something to stick to me that I can't say is hypocrisy- aren't ya?

Heh

First off I wasn't the ring leader - despite popular opinion my involvement extended as far as keeping it a secret and saying to festavo I wanted to get back at them. He said we should do this, he went about doing it. The next I heard of it he was saying he was about to get the password. Throughout it he made clear that he wanted the credit as he did it - hoped that it'd earn him a condemnation. It didn't. I changed my mind on it all mid way through and he made clear he would continue on the project with or without my support.

I heard no complaints from you when Anders took TEK.

You Refounds regions and terrorise natives - pretty much what you're saying is people should be scared of me just the same as raiders. Cool beans.

Forum crashing is acceptable by none - Founder stealing is wushu washy but in no way seen with such disgust as what shad had done.

It's so cute seeing you have such a hard on for me - I like it.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

A Heartfelt Take on AoI's Closure

Postby Revall » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:11 am

Doesn't hurt that it is funny as hell.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=swag ... /id=365635

The AoI was the main region I was in but now this has changed the AOI has fallen apart the leaders thought it would be best to give up and put there people on a gcr which was a dumb idea throwing your people in a garbage can full of people they don't know breaks the community it really has half of the people went to the gcr the other half went there own ways. What started this you may ask? It started when this guy named shadokie wa in our region he was a loyal member as I can tell a elder to te region as well this guy was moving up in the regional gov he was internal affairs then he went to the chancellor he vary great spot in te regional gov he had countrol of mostly everything in the region one day he broke out and messed up our Forms on purpose then left to go to another region after that he was banned and then rifty (leader of AoI) decided to go to the region he went to and convened him to ban him and kept doing it for a bit people started to get pissed off at rifty for his crude way of handling it personally I would of done the same thing as rifty but people gt mad at him and left to join shadokie ever sense that day people hae became less active and no one chats on the rmb except me and mass murder and noble (anouther leader of the AoI) and 3 other people we tryed to get it to work but it did not after that rifty took a break at this point I knew something was happening after that noble started to come up with new ideas with the regional gov because it was broke but after that the AoI fell. But I am not here to rant on about why I the AoIs leaders funked up by giveing up i am here to talk about what the AoI has done for me to express my gratude for it first of all I want to say thank you to rifty,noble and stretch for what they have done for me no matter how pissed I am out you guys i will stay thankful! here's how it all started for me to join the region I was in a region called the epic pony region board exploring around a bit then I come across my tg it was a recruitment tg from rifty it said something about raiding and I had know idea what it was I was a noob lol I thought it has something dealing with your regions military then I sent a tg to rifty sayin you can't raid me! Then he said back oh yah drop that password and I'll show you who's going to win. Then I said nah and then I started to be drawn in into his region and how fun it was and how nice ad active the rmb was I was like this is the region for me and it sure was after I moved in I was welcomed by everyone but the one who stood out was noble one hell of a guy he was I talked to him about the region and how to run for the gov I wanted to be apart of something I wanted to be great something that stood out so noble told me to join the military and I did and my first operation was to defend a region from raiders called Islam he said to sign up for wa I did and then I did it as time followed along noble teached me ALOT so did rifty but rifty got anoyed of me I could tell so noble taught me more then him noble told me more about ns and what it was and how to play it better and then he teched me about raiding it was a weird little thing I did some but not a lot I should of done more but I was busy with school stretch teched me about the regional gov ad he was hell of a guy as well I kicked it with him on plug DJ man I loved his old tunes! but I am going to cut to the chase thank you noble, rifty and stretch for teaching me and being there when I needed you on ns you are both good guys no matter what if there was anything you needed I would be there plain and simple I love you guys and I wish them luck with Their time on ns
Last edited by Revall on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:00 am

Tim Stark wrote:Mate, I realize you're young, but you do realize two hours out of a day is a massive amount of time, right? There's certainly an excuse. First of all, RL comes over NS always. If he says he doesn't have time then clearly he's got stuff happening in RL. There's these things called jobs that take up a large amount of time, you know, as well as any number of activities regarding extra-curricular sports, schoolwork, or just actually being a social person. Get off your high horse, dude.

So, in other words, you chose to take everything I said, ignore it, and attempt to retort with something completely irrelevant.

Stop complaining, seriously. It's been less than two months, and Gameplay doesn't forget very easily. There are players who have done far more accomplished things, and have played NS for far longer, that are still getting stick for the Forum Destruction they committed years ago. You're not special in any way to be able to demand that everybody let you off for crashing a forum, and then attempting to deceive a GCR that it wasn't you. As I said before, get off the high horse, mate, and realize that this is what happens when you commit this crime.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Marelius
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Marelius » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:11 am

Revall wrote:Doesn't hurt that it is funny as hell.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=swag ... /id=365635

The AoI was the main region I was in but now this has changed the AOI has fallen apart the leaders thought it would be best to give up and put there people on a gcr which was a dumb idea throwing your people in a garbage can full of people they don't know breaks the community it really has half of the people went to the gcr the other half went there own ways. What started this you may ask? It started when this guy named shadokie wa in our region he was a loyal member as I can tell a elder to te region as well this guy was moving up in the regional gov he was internal affairs then he went to the chancellor he vary great spot in te regional gov he had countrol of mostly everything in the region one day he broke out and messed up our Forms on purpose then left to go to another region after that he was banned and then rifty (leader of AoI) decided to go to the region he went to and convened him to ban him and kept doing it for a bit people started to get pissed off at rifty for his crude way of handling it personally I would of done the same thing as rifty but people gt mad at him and left to join shadokie ever sense that day people hae became less active and no one chats on the rmb except me and mass murder and noble (anouther leader of the AoI) and 3 other people we tryed to get it to work but it did not after that rifty took a break at this point I knew something was happening after that noble started to come up with new ideas with the regional gov because it was broke but after that the AoI fell. But I am not here to rant on about why I the AoIs leaders funked up by giveing up i am here to talk about what the AoI has done for me to express my gratude for it first of all I want to say thank you to rifty,noble and stretch for what they have done for me no matter how pissed I am out you guys i will stay thankful! here's how it all started for me to join the region I was in a region called the epic pony region board exploring around a bit then I come across my tg it was a recruitment tg from rifty it said something about raiding and I had know idea what it was I was a noob lol I thought it has something dealing with your regions military then I sent a tg to rifty sayin you can't raid me! Then he said back oh yah drop that password and I'll show you who's going to win. Then I said nah and then I started to be drawn in into his region and how fun it was and how nice ad active the rmb was I was like this is the region for me and it sure was after I moved in I was welcomed by everyone but the one who stood out was noble one hell of a guy he was I talked to him about the region and how to run for the gov I wanted to be apart of something I wanted to be great something that stood out so noble told me to join the military and I did and my first operation was to defend a region from raiders called Islam he said to sign up for wa I did and then I did it as time followed along noble teached me ALOT so did rifty but rifty got anoyed of me I could tell so noble taught me more then him noble told me more about ns and what it was and how to play it better and then he teched me about raiding it was a weird little thing I did some but not a lot I should of done more but I was busy with school stretch teched me about the regional gov ad he was hell of a guy as well I kicked it with him on plug DJ man I loved his old tunes! but I am going to cut to the chase thank you noble, rifty and stretch for teaching me and being there when I needed you on ns you are both good guys no matter what if there was anything you needed I would be there plain and simple I love you guys and I wish them luck with Their time on ns

It made me die a little on the inside.
Pure-Blooded Raider
_________Join The Dark Side_________
Joined NS in 2009 | Previously known as Great Kleomentia
Emperor of The Forsaken Empire
Lieutenant of The Black Riders
Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Citizen of Europeia
Citizen of Osiris
Citizen of The Brotherhood of Malice
The Risen Jaguar Warriors wrote:Argh! It's a Mary!

Save the children! Save the lambs! :eek:

Valrifell wrote:Only 71? Why not 80? TBR step up your game. :P

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:19 am

Tim Stark wrote:

So, in other words, you chose to take everything I said, ignore it, and attempt to retort with something completely irrelevant.

Stop complaining, seriously. It's been less than two months, and Gameplay doesn't forget very easily. There are players who have done far more accomplished things, and have played NS for far longer, that are still getting stick for the Forum Destruction they committed years ago. You're not special in any way to be able to demand that everybody let you off for crashing a forum, and then attempting to deceive a GCR that it wasn't you. As I said before, get off the high horse, mate, and realize that this is what happens when you commit this crime.

Your entirely missing my point...
Founder of New Madrigal

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:49 am

Thread locked since The Association of Imperialism no longer exists, the last few pages have been way off topic, and because the conversation wasn't going anywhere good.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay