NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:01 pm

Gurori wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
What do you mean by "not working?"

I've gotten nowhere, I'm still the only person in my region.

Sounds like a content problem, not a technical problem. :P

Recruitment *can* hit as high as four or five percent, but often is below 1% effective even for large established regions. I recommend that you start your region off with a few friends - people you chat with, roleplay with, etc - to have an active base and some regional activity. You need an attractive base to build off of first. Then you need to realize that your recruitment is competing with dozens of other messages from far more established regions, and find your niche to sell. Growing region with lots of opportunity? A specific roleplay niche? Whatever.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Wisgothistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisgothistan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Just a suggestion: the growing region part has gotten a bit cliché, so I'd suggest not going with that unless your population is actually growing at imgur/Reddit boom levels.

Dmitry II
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dmitry II » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 am

I'm having problems with appointing a person to by my regional WA Delegate.
How does one elect a person to be a regional WA Delegate?
Puppet of Zone 71

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 am

Dmitry II wrote:I'm having problems with appointing a person to by my regional WA Delegate.
How does one elect a person to be a regional WA Delegate?

They must have the most World Assembly endorsements in their region.

Only WA members can endorse other members, so you would need as many WA members as possible to endorse them. Twice a day, every region and nation in NS updates, and that is when nations with the most endorsements are elected the WA Delegate.

Good luck!
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Alcutai
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Issues

Postby Alcutai » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:12 pm

How often do you get issues for your nation?

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Alcutai wrote:How often do you get issues for your nation?

Nations can get issues up to once every 6 hours. It's much quicker for newly-founded nations (so they get more stuff to engage and hook them in the beginning) but it will slow down until it reaches that 6 hour mark.
See You Space Cowboy...

Underground Brotherhood
Civilian

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Population

Postby Underground Brotherhood » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Is there a way to increase my nations population besides resolving issues? If not, is there a way to get issues more frequently?

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Underground Brotherhood wrote:Is there a way to increase my nations population besides resolving issues? If not, is there a way to get issues more frequently?

Answering issues does not affect your nations population. Nothing will increase it but time.

You can get issues every 6 hours at minimum (except for near the founding of your nation, where they'll be more frequent).
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Voq
Civilian

Founded: Nov 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Voq » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello, I have a question. I'm trying to increase/strengthen my Economy without increasing my Economic Freedom or allowing private enterprise. Can someone tell me what are some things I need to prioritize or the types of issues I need to look out for? What types of decisions should my nation be making?

Thecata
Civilian

Founded: Nov 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecata » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:24 am

Hi all, thanks for setting up this thread.

I was wondering what endorsements are - and why have I got them? I havent interacted with anyone in game or on forums until this moment because I was getting a feel for the game and i don't have a great deal of time to devote to it.

Also, do you have any noob tips for me? I am happy with the way I'm dealing with issues thus far and I have voted in the World assembly a few times but feel very much that role playing would add to my enjoyment of the game. I'd appreciate any advice you could give me.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:05 am

Thecata wrote:Hi all, thanks for setting up this thread.

I was wondering what endorsements are - and why have I got them? I havent interacted with anyone in game or on forums until this moment because I was getting a feel for the game and i don't have a great deal of time to devote to it.

Also, do you have any noob tips for me? I am happy with the way I'm dealing with issues thus far and I have voted in the World assembly a few times but feel very much that role playing would add to my enjoyment of the game. I'd appreciate any advice you could give me.

Endorsements are people saying you are a good person and they'd support you for the leader of the region (officially that is). In NS people just hand them out to whoever - the polite thing is to return anyones endorsements and to endorse your delegate. Your delegate is elected by your region, and relies on you and your regionmates to endorse them so bad people don't come in and invade your region. The delegate is the person who has the most amount of endorsements in the region (when the region updates, twice a day at midnight eastern time). https://discord.gg/0g3JbAS4Hgh3LGhO is the South Pacific's chat (your current region) - there is generally someone on there to give you a hand with questions if you want a quicker reply than on these forums. Your region has RP on their official forums, and if that doesn't work out, there are the NS RP forums.

Beauty of NS is you can be as involved as much as you want. There is no activity requirements (unless you try and go for boss of the region or something) which means you can come and go as you please. You can put your nation on vacation mode and only login once every 2 months when you don't have time for it. Or you can turn off vacation mode and just login whenever suits, answer an issue or two, post something witty on the RMB and vanish for a few weeks. Or you could be one of those people on literally 24/7, set up automatic alerts on your phone, become delegate of a region and use NS to cope with the loss of your pet snail - but I wouldn't advise that.

Tips wise: There is no right/wrong way to answer issues, so don't get hung up when you answer an issue and your entire economy crashes etc. Get involved with your region, they'll open up so much more to the game beyond just issues. If you don't work out in your region, move to another, there are lots of regions who desperately want another nation. It's a game, don't treat it as life or death, and have fun.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Grey Strahna
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grey Strahna » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:32 am

I have a pretty simple question. Where do I figure out how to get started? What I mean by that is I used to play this game when I was a kid. Being young I didn't get into the nuts and bolts of the game. Now that I'm older I want to get into things like regional and national rp. Is there a guide for getting started? Thank you!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:17 am

Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm

I see you're in Wintercrest, Grey Strahna. If you telegram either Piper or Zenny, your region's founders, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out. :)

Republic of Dixie
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Influence Importance

Postby Republic of Dixie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 am

I have been playing for over a year and my nation is good size 2.5 billion I'm 40/11,000 in endorsements and 63rd in world influence.... I recently was talking to another region that I may have more influence to see my efforts. I'm in a feeder region Pacific NW. I don't want to start over, but I have nothing to measure the importance my nation has to the Pacific NW.

I'm a WA Member...Do I get to keep that membership, if I leave?
Would I be better off and more involved, if I moved to a region of 60 countries?

I don't want to click that button and then loose it all. Fork in the road here....
Any advice with a bigger picture is appreciated ...Thanks...
Last edited by Republic of Dixie on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:57 am

If you move regions you will lose all your endorsements (but not your WA membership itself), and over time you will lose the built up influence you had there too.

The North Pacific has many ways to get involved. Maybe send a telegram to your Delegate and ask how you might go about doing that? I would venture (without knowing this other region you're speaking of) that there are more opportunities in The North Pacific than in a small user created region.

AriVale
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby AriVale » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:15 am

Hello,

I would like to change my political party of my nation but it seems no matter how I answer I end up with a communist party. How can I change it?

Halium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi!

I understand the concept of regions, but have no idea how they work or how to join/leave, or get involved in one
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Opinion on Government: Should be run by Mirthocracy (ask me about it sometime)

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:15 am

Halium wrote:Hi!

I understand the concept of regions, but have no idea how they work or how to join/leave, or get involved in one

As for joining regions: you're in one right now. :P

To leave, click the button saying "Tired of life in [region]?" and select a new region, or create your own. If you decide to take the latter option I recommend you read the pinned guide "How to Build a Region".

To get involved differs depending on which region you're in, but I would recommend asking about it on the RMB or TG the Delegate.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Mistle
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mistle » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:06 pm

If you entered the password for a region incorrectly too many times it tells you that you are temporarily banned from trying to join password protected regions. How long does this last? Thanks!

New Pax Americana
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Custom Map

Postby New Pax Americana » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:00 pm

I have no idea where to begin or even where to ask this question, but I decided to go on here. I want to create a custom map, with custom states in the USA, as my nation is located in the contiguous United States. Is there such a program that enables me to create my own map of my nation? Any help is appreciated. If you want to send me a telegram with answering this question, that would be great too. Thanks.
"That government is the best which governs least."
- Thomas Jefferson

Left-Libertarian

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:24 pm

You're best off asking that question in one of the roleplay forums, as map-making doesn't really have any relation to gameplaying.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Specifically here, although it isn't very active.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Llorens
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Llorens » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:26 am

I want to open up a NationStates forum thread for the court of The Leftist Assembly under Gameplay, but I'm unsure if the mods will approve because they seem to be very particular about what they classify as "regional politics" (i.e. apparently a political party thread has nothing to do with regional politics). Would the moderators allow me to create such a thread for the court of The Leftist Assembly? And if not, I'd like a reason rather than being ignored this time if possible. Thanks!
LLO (@Llo#1475)
Check out all my NSToday articles here!
The Leftist Assembly
Co-founder: Mar 2018—Jul 2021
Discord head admin: Apr 2017—Jan 2021
Secretary: Jun—Dec 2017, Dec 2019—Jun 2020
Prime Minister: Dec 2016—Mar 2017

NationStates Today
Chief Executive Officer: Sep 2019—Feb 2020, Sep 2020—Jan 2021
Chief Content Officer: Mar 2019—Apr 2020, Jan—Apr 2021
Chief Publishing Officer: Feb 2019—Apr 2020
Chairperson: Sep 2019—Mar 2020, Dec 2020—Apr 2021
Editor: Jan 2019—Jun 2021
Daily reminder: You are cute, don't take this too seriously, and eat hot chip.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm

No, it wouldn't be allowed. Regions can't use the Gameplay forum to manage their internal affairs, or the forum would be inundated with such threads that have no relevancy to the overwhelming majority of players that aren't from that region. You need to use your RMB / an offsite forum for that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay