NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Volvexan
Civilian

Founded: Sep 07, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Goverment

Postby Volvexan » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:50 am

How to increase authoritarianism.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:10 pm

Decrease liberties (political, civil, economic). That's it. Authoritarianism is a derved stat, totaloly dependent on those 3.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Tigris Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 12, 2024
Iron Fist Consumerists

Influence

Postby Tigris Empire » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:15 am

Hey Tigerboy here, how do get your nation to have influence? Help needed, thanks.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:40 pm

Influnce is held seperately for each region. You gain a small amount just for being there, significantly more from having WA endorsements.While you stay in one place it accumulates, once you leave it (more rapidly) declines as you start clocking up influence in your new region. Your overall influence is then the total across all regions. You are considered a native of a region once your influence there is higher than anywhere else.

Your influence title works differently. It reflects how you compare to others in your region.

So to gain influence genrally: join the WA, get others to endorse you, stay put.
- For total influnce, choose a large region.
- To get a high title, choose a smaller region.
In either case, try to gain endorsements.

(There are different types of region with varying rules, but what I'm saying applies to all types.)
Last edited by Almonaster Nuevo on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

La Cocina del Bodhi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 03, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby La Cocina del Bodhi » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:18 pm

Hi all, Im sorry if this is not right place for this but Im honestly not sure which place would be. I didnt want to take a whole new thread. But has anyone tried using AI to generate images of your nations based on the information in our nation's profile and stats? I think it could create really interesting results. If you have, which AI program did you use?

Amulet of magic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 03, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Amulet of magic » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:28 am

La Cocina del Bodhi wrote:
Hi all, Im sorry if this is not right place for this but Im honestly not sure which place would be. I didnt want to take a whole new thread. But has anyone tried using AI to generate images of your nations based on the information in our nation's profile and stats? I think it could create really interesting results. If you have, which AI program did you use?

Leonardo AI
Hello

La Cocina del Bodhi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 03, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby La Cocina del Bodhi » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:58 am

Amulet of magic wrote:
La Cocina del Bodhi wrote:

Leonardo AI

Cool thank you

Little Green Forest
Civilian

Founded: Jan 10, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Little Green Forest » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:27 pm

Hello
I have a question regarding the formatting of recruitment telegrams, many of them start out addressed to the specific nation receiving the telegram e.g.: Hello Fartnation123, how are these mass telegrams customized or formatted to address the specific player nation?

Second question is many of them(but not all) have a little button on the bottom to move your nation to the advertised region, again what formatting is used for this?

Below is a link to an image of a recruitment telegram I got as an example of what im asking about
https://imgur.com/a/xX2kwIg

please direct me if there is a more glaring thread I did not notice where this stuff is covered

The Ambis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2021

Postby The Ambis » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:54 pm

Little Green Forest wrote:Hello
I have a question regarding the formatting of recruitment telegrams, many of them start out addressed to the specific nation receiving the telegram e.g.: Hello Fartnation123, how are these mass telegrams customized or formatted to address the specific player nation?

Second question is many of them(but not all) have a little button on the bottom to move your nation to the advertised region, again what formatting is used for this?

Below is a link to an image of a recruitment telegram I got as an example of what im asking about

please direct me if there is a more glaring thread I did not notice where this stuff is covered

1) assuming it’s a mass telegram (tag:template, tag:new/refounded/wa/etc, tag:api, or just one addressed to several people) use %NATION%

2) make sure you mark it as recruitment! If you click the arrow beside the address box, there’s a check mark that says “this is a recruitment telegram for…”
MINISTER | Magister | Godfather | Archangel | Justice
...There's an obvious gameplay solution to that problem - burn Algerheaven to the ground.
An insightful quote from Site Director Sedgistan

My main base of operations. The Ambis, Legal Affairs Minister of Thaecia, at your service.
Find my citizenships here, my accomplishments here, and my positions here.

"When Alger is the voice of reason, you know you have a problem"

Onionist Randosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Onionist Randosia » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:34 pm

Little Green Forest wrote:Hello

You can format the telegram to address the specific player nation by using this macro:
%NATION%

e.g, to quote my region's standard recruitment telegram:
'Salutations, comrade %NATION%!'
Last edited by Onionist Randosia on Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The People's Onionist Republic of Onionist Randosia
Call me OR or Randosia - they/them pronouns
Posts are OOC unless stated otherwise - posts do not represent official views of Aurora or InterLeft unless stated otherwise

Commissar of Foreign Affairs, Aurora
Former Deputy PM, PM and Minister of Defense of Asterya (now Aurora)
3x WA Delegate (among other things) of The Union of Great Onionist Nations, later Asterya, now Aurora
Founder, Administrator, past Chancellor and current Director of Defense, InterLeft
JEFF High Command
Astravica - Citizen, The Region That Has No Big Banks
Astravia - RPer, Distant Worlds
Gaviastan - Diplomacy Officer, Great Lakes Alliance, and GLA representative to the United Regions of Valeria
Sovetskiy Luk Navsegda!

Thalenthar
Civilian

Founded: Mar 05, 2024
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Thalenthar » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:06 am

Hi there,
I'm completely new to NationStates.. as in I first created my nation today.
Is there anything important I should know? How the game works, tips, a bit of a tutorial on how best to go about things.

If anyone could help me, that would be brilliant. Thank you!

Notanam
Envoy

Founded: Feb 21, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Notanam » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:25 am

Thalenthar wrote:Hi there,
I'm completely new to NationStates.. as in I first created my nation today.
Is there anything important I should know? How the game works, tips, a bit of a tutorial on how best to go about things.

If anyone could help me, that would be brilliant. Thank you!

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=444406

this is a pretty classic guide.

for things pertaining to a specific community like cards, r/d, or the WA, i suggest learning by doing and joining a community that can teach you the basics.
Last edited by Notanam on Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Nota's signature.

United Bacon Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 22, 2024

Postby United Bacon Republic » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:20 pm

can you add a delete button for the polices, thanks

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:47 pm

Firstly, this thread is for advice, not game-change requests. They belong in Tchnical.

Secondly: actions have consequences. Policies are set or removed as a result of your issue choices. There will be other issues which can remove it, but issues appear at random, so you will just have to wait for the opportunity.

That's a key game mechanism, so I am 99.9% sure it won't be changed.

SinCorp
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 28, 2024
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby SinCorp » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:21 pm

where can I OOC advertise a roleplay I am setting up? Everywhere that seems appropriate either says IC only or says not to post anything roleplay related.

Army of Revolutions
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 22, 2023
Corporate Police State

Postby Army of Revolutions » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:52 pm

SinCorp wrote:where can I OOC advertise a roleplay I am setting up? Everywhere that seems appropriate either says IC only or says not to post anything roleplay related.

Assuming you have all the details for your RP set up, you can post in P2TM (Portal to the Multiverse) OOC and specifically advertise your RP in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283489
What would defenders without raiders?Average nations
What are raiders without Defenders? Raiders
Any posts I make are not a representation of the orgs I'm in and solely my opinion

Terati
Civilian

Founded: Mar 13, 2024

Help

Postby Terati » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 pm

Im tired of waiting to just solve issues and people keep saying how fun forums are, how do I get involved?vc :)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay