NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sakurakagi
Civilian

Founded: Sep 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

rebellion....

Postby Sakurakagi » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:22 am

Hey, is there a way to, in my own nation, overrule a WA law that was passed? Or do I have to leave the WA.

Hanovereich
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanovereich » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 am

Sakurakagi wrote:Hey, is there a way to, in my own nation, overrule a WA law that was passed? Or do I have to leave the WA.

Per the WA page:

"The WA is the world's governing body. Membership is voluntary, but all member nations must abide by legislation it passes."

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:45 am

Sakurakagi wrote:Hey, is there a way to, in my own nation, overrule a WA law that was passed? Or do I have to leave the WA.

In general Hanovereich is correct and you have to leave the WA to stop the law coming into effect.

Another option is to roleplay creative compliance. This is frowned upon, but can be done with skill. Omigodtheykilledkenny is a famous example of a nation that creatively and maliciously complied with WA legislation and did so well (from an RP standpoint)
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

The republic of Jackalopetopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Jackalopetopia » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:28 pm

how do I link GA resolutions?

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2021
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 pm

What exactly is the "Social Policy" category of government spending? What kind of choices raise or lower its spending?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Umbratellus wrote:What exactly is the "Social Policy" category of government spending? What kind of choices raise or lower its spending?

I think that policies such as propaganda campaigns against various forms of discrimination' would be part of it, and so would 'affirmative action'. On the other hand, in some types of society, enforcing discrimination might also qualify...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:58 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Umbratellus wrote:What exactly is the "Social Policy" category of government spending? What kind of choices raise or lower its spending?

I think that policies such as propaganda campaigns against various forms of discrimination' would be part of it, and so would 'affirmative action'. On the other hand, in some types of society, enforcing discrimination might also qualify...

Interesting, thank you. I'm going to guess for this nation it popped up from the latter then lol. I haven't done anything "affirmative action" wise but plenty of xenophobic options. Not sure exactly which issue it was that gave me the 0.3% spending on it though. Are there any stats actually linked to Social Policy, then? Like how eco-friendliness is a measure of environmental spending, or business subsidization is a measure of industrial spending, etc.
Last edited by Umbratellus on Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:34 pm

Umbratellus wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:I think that policies such as propaganda campaigns against various forms of discrimination' would be part of it, and so would 'affirmative action'. On the other hand, in some types of society, enforcing discrimination might also qualify...

Interesting, thank you. I'm going to guess for this nation it popped up from the latter then lol. I haven't done anything "affirmative action" wise but plenty of xenophobic options. Not sure exactly which issue it was that gave me the 0.3% spending on it though. Are there any stats actually linked to Social Policy, then? Like how eco-friendliness is a measure of environmental spending, or business subsidization is a measure of industrial spending, etc.

I see that your Inclusiveness stat is in the bottom 05%. Maybe that is connected to it (and a very high rating in Inclusiveness might also boost 'Social Policy' spending)?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Gouda Cheese Land
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Gouda Cheese Land » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:37 pm

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there any way to change your nations flag?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:58 am

Gouda Cheese Land wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but is there any way to change your nations flag?

Yes.
1. Go to your 'Settings' page (via the link visible at the top of the page when you're logged into your nation but not in the forums).
2. Scan down that page to the picture of your current flag.
3. Above that picture is a box saying containing the words "Custom Flag" and a downwards-pointing arrow; below that box are the words "Or create your own flag!"
4. The downwards-pointing arrow takes you into a drop-down list of ready-made flags that the game already has available: This includes the current flags for all of the currently-existing [internationally recognized] RL nations on Earth, except perhaps a few that have been changed recently, plus the 'default flag' that you are using at present (which is actually the flag for an Australian Aboriginal movement) and some others. You can click on any of these to choose it.
Alternatively, clicking on the message below your current flag and then in the box thus revealed that says "Choose flag" takes you into your file index: You can choose a flag from there by clicking on its url to open the image & then clicking the 'Select flag' link.
5. Once you've chosen a flag, by either of those methods, scan down to the bottom of that 'Settings' page and click on the box labelled "Update".

(There are some rules about formats and maximum sizes, but I forget where those are explained...)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

Countrylandica
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Countrylandica » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:28 am

Countrylandica wrote:How can I make my nation "better", meaning you would want to live in it?
[this my first post, so I might be posting inthe wrong way.]

repost

Hogwarts4
Civilian

Founded: Oct 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Economy Growth

Postby Hogwarts4 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:11 pm

Hello, I am running hogwarts4 (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hogwarts4), and am trying to improve the economy, while keeping the environment healthy and maintaining my beliefs (to some extent). What should I do to grow my Weak economy?
Last edited by Hogwarts4 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yogafargomonkey
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 31, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Yogafargomonkey » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:56 am

I just created my new nation The Yogafargomonkey. I'm very excited :bow: :clap: :lol:
Last edited by Yogafargomonkey on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The republic of Jackalopetopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Jackalopetopia » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:05 pm

how do I cite ga resolutions?

Thought Obliteration
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 04, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thought Obliteration » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:10 pm

I want to keep a stable economy while also increasing my disappearances and overall death rate.

I think I need professional help.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:09 am

Thought Obliteration wrote:I want to keep a stable economy while also increasing my disappearances and overall death rate.

I think I need professional help.

Oppress political freedoms and civil rights while increasing economic freedom.
Last edited by Comfed on Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nlarhyalo
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nlarhyalo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:51 am

The republic of Jackalopetopia wrote:how do I cite ga resolutions?

Just use the [url][/url] tags and paste in the link to the resolution
Θэнижуc элaш Hлařялo / Ðenižus elaš Nlařyalo / Republic of Nlařyalo
--
Hepyёeл 3лaeřo Жэзoя / Neruyoyel Zlayeřo Žezoya / President Zlayeřo Žezoya

West Bromwich Holme
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Bromwich Holme » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:04 am

I've got a puppet for a standalone RP, but it's not getting as much interest:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=511880

The puppet account doesn't interact with this nation and exists solely for its own standalone RPs.

How can I make my storyline interesting, especially for a character-driven one, where the biggest conflicts are things like weather, getting to do everything etc. rather than a villain?
Formerly Astholm. I am no longer using the account Astholm.

Comfed
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:33 am

West Bromwich Holme wrote:I've got a puppet for a standalone RP, but it's not getting as much interest:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=511880

The puppet account doesn't interact with this nation and exists solely for its own standalone RPs.

How can I make my storyline interesting, especially for a character-driven one, where the biggest conflicts are things like weather, getting to do everything etc. rather than a villain?

If you’re looking for RP advice you’re in the wrong forum :P

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:06 am

Is there any way to reduce deaths by work? I’ve been managing to get my deaths by cancer down through improving the environment, but instead of increasing deaths by old age it’s mostly just increased deaths by work. It’s gone from something like 40% to 60% now, so I’d like to reduce it but I’m not sure how.

Wagstadt
Civilian

Founded: Nov 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

motto author

Postby Wagstadt » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:19 pm

hey i wanna ask how do i add an author to my motto like some people have?

Nlarhyalo
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nlarhyalo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Wagstadt wrote:hey i wanna ask how do i add an author to my motto like some people have?

Once your population reaches 750 million and you set a leader in the newly-unlocked custom field, you'll also have an option to check a box that attributes your motto to your leader.

So in your case, you'll just have to wait until you hit that population.
Θэнижуc элaш Hлařялo / Ðenižus elaš Nlařyalo / Republic of Nlařyalo
--
Hepyёeл 3лaeřo Жэзoя / Neruyoyel Zlayeřo Žezoya / President Zlayeřo Žezoya

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Nlarhyalo wrote:
Wagstadt wrote:hey i wanna ask how do i add an author to my motto like some people have?

Once your population reaches 750 million and you set a leader in the newly-unlocked custom field, you'll also have an option to check a box that attributes your motto to your leader.

So in your case, you'll just have to wait until you hit that population.

Which will probably take somewhere between 4 & 5 months.

Alkmaaria
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Alkmaaria » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 pm

How do I decrease deaths by disappearance and deaths by scurvy?
THis is a signature

Comfed
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm

Alkmaaria wrote:How do I decrease deaths by disappearance and deaths by scurvy?

To decrease deaths by disappearance, be less repressive.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay