NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:36 am

the Mechalus wrote:Hey y'all, I'm not sure if this question is more gameplay or technical, but I'm looking for feedback. I've been prototyping an external gameplay war site on http://nsimperialism-env.eba-gjjepm2f.u ... stalk.com/ The idea is it would read nation statistics like Defense Forces and Scientific Advancement and use that to determine who wins battles.

Would you use a site like this? What would you want to see in a site like this?

Thanks

Most people don't use NS stats for RP.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:27 am

I think it's more of a question for those that have conflict between nations - i.e. the various roleplay communities. Certainly people have asked for features like this in the past in Technical.

It's not really relevant to the gameplay community, which doesn't do wars between nations in that kind of way.

United States Of Florida
Civilian

Founded: Nov 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United States Of Florida » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:33 pm

That's really nice! I am new to the forums could anyone guide me? :)

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:22 am

United States Of Florida wrote:That's really nice! I am new to the forums could anyone guide me? :)

Well this is the gameplay forum where we talk about regional politics and such things.

Sarseid
Civilian

Founded: Nov 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarseid » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:30 am

I've read a couple of topics regarding as to how General Assembly works, but I'm yet to find definitive answer about how it affects the National Policies. I'd prefer to be a WA member since it provides more interactivity, but complying with some of the resolutions that could drastically change my nation would be unviable RP-wise and I'd like to avoid that.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:37 am

The effect on stats is small, and AFAIK it never changes policies.

If there is a resolution coming up you really don't like, you can resign and rejoin after it passes. There is no cumulative score.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Der Grobdeutches Reich
Civilian

Founded: Feb 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Grobdeutches Reich » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:32 pm

hi

Zuisa
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Hello

Postby Zuisa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:45 am

Hola, cómo están?, estoy nuevo por acá por el forum y me gustaría saber cómo debo empezar a rolear. He estado ojeando por acá y he visto que hay varios forums pero no hay como una especie de ayuda para preguntas de los nuevos, así que me tomé el atrevimiento de hacerla por aquí.

Primero que nada no hablo Inglés. Mi idioma materno es el Español y or razones de la vida tengo un nivel Intermedio en Alemán, así que sin ayuda, podría redactar algo en Español y a lo sumo en alemán. Sé que el foro maneja el idioma universal pero mi pregunta viene acá: Esposible rolear en Espanõl?, de no ser posible, es posible traducir mi Rol en algún traductor y copiarlo acá?. (Cabe destacar que esta opción será lamentabemente a través de un traductor. Utilizaba deepl pero actualmente es pago así que no me dejan traducir mucho texto, además, todas las traducciones de traductor son raras y no exactas, por lo que puede joder un poco la redacción, pero sería posible?).

Sé que es algo difícil pero me gustaría participar.

Muchas gracias de antemano por el asesoramiento.

Saludos.

Code: Select all
Hi, how are you?, I'm new around here for the forum and I'd like to know how I should start playing. I've been looking around and I've seen that there are several forums but there's not like some kind of help to questions from the newbies, so I took the audaction to do it around here.

First of all I don't speak English. My motherlanguage is Spanish and or reasons of life I have an Intermediate level in German, so without help, I could write something in Spanish and at most in German. I know that the forum handles the universal language but my question comes here: Its possible roling in Spanish?, if not possible, it is possible to translate my Role into some translator and copy it here?. (It should be noted that this option will be regrettable through a translator. I used deepl but currently it is paid so do not let me translate much text, besides, all translator translations are rare and not accurate, so you can fuck up the wording a little, but would it be possible?).

I know it's kind of hard, but I'd like to participate.

Thank you very much in advance for the advice.

Best regards.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:13 am

¡Hola!

Hablo un poco de español, pero no lo suficiente para juegos de rol. Le sugiero que intente preguntar en latinoamerica_libre, es posible que estén en una mejor posición para ayudarlo.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Zuisa
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Zuisa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:28 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:¡Hola!

Hablo un poco de español, pero no lo suficiente para juegos de rol. Le sugiero que intente preguntar en latinoamerica_libre, es posible que estén en una mejor posición para ayudarlo.

Hi tyvm for answer.
Yes, I have 3 Nations in NS, main: Helvetian, puppet; Sibral (both are in Latinoamerica Libre), but there RPing we in spanish without contact with other Regions, but my consult were about Roleplaying in the Forum. I want to do Sport RP with Zuisa but with my lvl of English, it is maybe ulgy to read :(

Hells Ninth Circle
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hells Ninth Circle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:38 am

Hi there, I've got a question: from what does high heart diseases' rate come? My eco-friendliness, nature's beauty, healthcare are all green, so what do I do wrong? I clearly remember that several months before my nation had at most 3.5% of total heart diseases - and from that point, all life qualities (and economy too) were only growing, as I concentrated on mentioned healthcare improvements and stuff.
Could you give me any clues, guys?

Kiluania
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiluania » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:25 pm

So I'm relatively new here, and I'm doing this for a project. I don't really understand all the terminology, like AU, AN, etc. Could I maybe get some clarification?

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Hells Ninth Circle wrote:Hi there, I've got a question: from what does high heart diseases' rate come? My eco-friendliness, nature's beauty, healthcare are all green, so what do I do wrong? I clearly remember that several months before my nation had at most 3.5% of total heart diseases - and from that point, all life qualities (and economy too) were only growing, as I concentrated on mentioned healthcare improvements and stuff.
Could you give me any clues, guys?

Does your nation eat meat? Also it could be overrepresented purely because you have reduced other ways to die so much.

Kiluania wrote:So I'm relatively new here, and I'm doing this for a project. I don't really understand all the terminology, like AU, AN, etc. Could I maybe get some clarification?

Context please, dependent on where you're reading it the definition will vary. AU sometimes = Australia, or the African Union, but if you've read it in a RP thread it's more likely to be short for another NS nation. AN often stands for above nation, but again, depends on context.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:12 pm

In spam threads, AN is often the Above Nation, i.e. the previous poster.
Last edited by Almonaster Nuevo on Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brittany Normandy Aquitaine
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittany Normandy Aquitaine » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:19 pm

I've got a question. Does anyone have a link to a good factbook template for things such as a list of political parties, an election, percentages on religion/ethnicity, or anything else that is good to have for a nation's factbook?

Datlovian States
Civilian

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Policies

Postby Datlovian States » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:31 pm

How do I access policies?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:23 am

Brittany Normandy Aquitaine wrote:I've got a question. Does anyone have a link to a good factbook template for things such as a list of political parties, an election, percentages on religion/ethnicity, or anything else that is good to have for a nation's factbook?

There are many templates available. You might want to start here, but if that isn't right for you, try using the search function (right side above the thread title) - section F&NI, searh term template (or something more specific).

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:25 am

Datlovian States wrote:How do I access policies?

You don't.

Your only way to add or remove them is by answering issues.

Insert nameistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Regional Politics

Postby Insert nameistan » Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 am

I am at a crossroads. I have the choie of giving my citizens freedom of religon or making a deal with the devil. I need advice. whad should I do?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon May 03, 2021 11:42 am

Looking at your stats, I would sy the religious route is probably more readily compatible.

Ocravia
Civilian

Founded: May 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

How exactly does the raiding system work?

Postby Ocravia » Thu May 27, 2021 11:17 am

I'm just curious, as I have never really heard of it before today. Can anyone help me out on this?

South Americanastan
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Americanastan » Thu May 27, 2021 3:08 pm

What issues get rid of sortition? I've been trying to get rid of it for a while now, and am too lazy look it up.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid"
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”
HOME OF THE BEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE GREY WARDENS

New Roman Siberia
Civilian

Founded: Aug 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Siberia » Thu May 27, 2021 3:18 pm

South Americanastan wrote:What issues get rid of sortition? I've been trying to get rid of it for a while now, and am too lazy look it up.

61, 65, 111, 339, 359, 461, 465, 502, 597, 884, 1315

If you pick the right options, that is.
Last edited by New Roman Siberia on Thu May 27, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu May 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Ocravia wrote:I'm just curious, as I have never really heard of it before today. Can anyone help me out on this?

Merged into the gameplay advice thread. I'd start with the FAQ and then go to the guide to military gameplay if you want specifics.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Britain 2 Electric Boogalo0
Secretary

Founded: May 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

oi again

Postby Britain 2 Electric Boogalo0 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:42 am

how do levels affect a nation

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay