NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nato12323
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nato12323 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 am

I need help how do you raid and defend?

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:47 pm

Raiders enter regions and endorse other raiders, who receive the WA delegacy. This only works if the WA delegate has executive power, in which case they can do pretty much whatever they want. Defenders do the same, but with the purpose of protecting regions. This is the simple way of explaining it, and you need to be a WA member to do it.

Big Raider Regions: The Black Hawks, Lone Wolves United, Lily

Big Defender Regions: 10000 Islands, The Order of the Grey Wardens, The Rejected Realms

New dedicated defender regions that you should check out: Interregional Alliance Army, Founderless

Edit: The big regions will be able to train you on how to raid and defend.
Last edited by The Industrial City on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the President of The Democratic Region of Casau, author of the Interregional Army Pact of 2020 https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1380297. If you are a relatively small region with little to no functioning military forces, consider joining the pact. To sign, telegram me.

Erina Athe
Civilian

Founded: May 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Erina Athe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Hello,
I'm the World Assembly Delegate for my region and I was wondering how bans would work. There is a nation I'm hoping to ban, and I'll have enough influence to ban them soon. It seems like nations who are not in the region but were in the region recently (if they were on the regional happenings list) can be banned with no influence cost? Does it cost less influence to ban a nation directly, or does it cost less to eject a nation, then ban them?

Thank you!

Pirates and Buccaneers
Civilian

Founded: Mar 04, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pirates and Buccaneers » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:14 pm

I’ve been playing this Game for about a few months now, and I was wondering how do Issue numbering work? Like is the numbering in order or is it randomly generated? It’s hard to tell how far I am, because I think I’m around 500-600, but I feel like I missed a few issues in the 200s. It would also help if I can see what issues I did. So, is the issues numbering random or in order?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Pirates and Buccaneers wrote:I’ve been playing this Game for about a few months now, and I was wondering how do Issue numbering work? Like is the numbering in order or is it randomly generated? It’s hard to tell how far I am, because I think I’m around 500-600, but I feel like I missed a few issues in the 200s. It would also help if I can see what issues I did. So, is the issues numbering random or in order?

The numbering is based on when the issue was added to the game. It doesn't relate to the order you might get them in - plus they can repeat.

If you like spoilers, there's a list of all the current issues here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=88

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Question: How can I crash my economy? It's currently near 100 points, because I used to want a good economy, but I've now decided to try and get all the banners. I've heard that at some point the stat stabilises — is there a way (or a specific issue, perhaps) that'll help me get it out of the stable zone?
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:56 am

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:Question: How can I crash my economy? It's currently near 100 points, because I used to want a good economy, but I've now decided to try and get all the banners. I've heard that at some point the stat stabilises — is there a way (or a specific issue, perhaps) that'll help me get it out of the stable zone?

Consistently answer issues that make your economy worse, and eventually it'll drop.

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:49 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:Question: How can I crash my economy? It's currently near 100 points, because I used to want a good economy, but I've now decided to try and get all the banners. I've heard that at some point the stat stabilises — is there a way (or a specific issue, perhaps) that'll help me get it out of the stable zone?

Consistently answer issues that make your economy worse, and eventually it'll drop.
Thanks. Do you know if it'll eventually destabilise to where I can drop it more than 0.08% at a time? :)
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 am

It'll do that now. You just haven't hit the right issues yet.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:34 pm

If I were to join the WA, would that force a lot of changes to my nation? I know in the help sections it does say you have to follow the laws the WA passes. Does that mean if I have a policy like slavery, will it get immediately cancelled?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:29 am

No. AFAIK there is no effect on policies.

While you are a member you will get stat changes when WA legislation passes, similar to the effects of an issue. If there is one you really don't like you can resign just before it passes and rejoin afterwards.
Last edited by Almonaster Nuevo on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Hrvatsko-Bosnjacka unija
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Why is my economy falling by itself if im not answering issu

Postby Hrvatsko-Bosnjacka unija » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:18 am

I havent answered any issues in like a month and it fell from very strong to strong?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:56 am

I see you've just left the WA. While you were a member, the resolutions would have affected your stats. In this case, I think you lost 1 point when the Fair Arbitration Act passed.

Hrvatsko-Bosnjacka unija
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hrvatsko-Bosnjacka unija » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:I see you've just left the WA. While you were a member, the resolutions would have affected your stats. In this case, I think you lost 1 point when the Fair Arbitration Act passed.

thanks, i also thought myself

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 pm

Is it possible to increase recreational drug use, while not also increasing civil rights? Those two stats seem highly connected with each other.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Not really. Allowing drug use is a civil liberty. You can however decrease other liberties to compensate - CL does not have a major effect directly on drug use.

Fourth Reich 4
Civilian

Founded: Jul 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fourth Reich 4 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:51 am

Are there concepts like declaring war and occupation in this game?

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:24 am

Fourth Reich 4 wrote:Are there concepts like declaring war and occupation in this game?

There's no mechanism for it, but you can RP wars between nations and can invade regions. But invading regions is a different topic that someone else can help you with.

For my issue: I've noticed that some people have been able to design their factbooks like Wikipedia pages. How is this done and how can I make my factbooks look like Wiki pages?
Last edited by Slaver Pirates of Vaas on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gamerston
Civilian

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gamerston » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:57 am

Hay guys

So I came back to nationstates after a long time of not playing and I have a few things on my nation that I'd really like to chance (the main one being that my economy sections I banned video games) is it possible to change it or do I have to wait for it to come up in an issue??

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:25 am

Gamerston wrote:Hay guys

So I came back to nationstates after a long time of not playing and I have a few things on my nation that I'd really like to chance (the main one being that my economy sections I banned video games) is it possible to change it or do I have to wait for it to come up in an issue??

You can change your "things" by waiting for a reversal issue, yes ;)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:15 pm

I've noticed that some people have been able to design their factbooks like Wikipedia pages. How is this done and how can I make my factbooks look like Wiki pages?

Tulsi Ad
Civilian

Founded: Jan 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tulsi Ad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:50 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:I've noticed that some people have been able to design their factbooks like Wikipedia pages. How is this done and how can I make my factbooks look like Wiki pages?

Most factbooks I see are role play related so I'm assuming you mean those guides.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=256878
Ponderosa has one that has wiki styled nations.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=419360
Soleanna has one that makes leader wiki profiles and leader government timelines.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=408860
Another one.

Eurasies
Envoy

Founded: Feb 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurasies » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:52 pm

Bunkaiia wrote:How do you add one of those "Select All" Form boxes for embassy application?
Thanks!

With [ code ] text [ / code ]

Code: Select all
text example
Last edited by Eurasies on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Republic of Eurasies
"Federation, Libereco & Capitalismo"

Naranjs
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Newbie question

Postby Naranjs » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:02 am

Hello, what do you gain from winning a Nation Challenge? Is there any use of those points?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:40 am

Nope. It's just a game in its own right.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay