NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Evacus
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

How does archives work

Postby Evacus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:14 am

How in the name of God do I access telegrams I left in the archives?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:23 am

Evacus wrote:How in the name of God do I access telegrams I left in the archives?

Go to your Telegrams page.
Where it says 'Inbox', just below the top of that page, that word is followed by a downwards-pointing triangle.
Click on that triangle for the drop-down menu that lets you switch between Inbox, Archives, and Sent Items.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Springfield City
Civilian

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

WA Delegate

Postby Springfield City » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:33 pm

How can I make a nation a WA Delegate for my region. I'm the founder, can I do anything to help the nation be a WA delegate? I endorsed the nation as we are both in the WA Assembly, but I don't know how to make a nation a WA Delegate for my region.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:37 pm

You're doing it right. Just wait until the update.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Beeslandia
Civilian

Founded: Oct 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

New in the game

Postby Beeslandia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Hey guys, I'm new in the game and I can't understand a lot of things...it's normal I think. But when I have no "ISSUES", what can I do for my Beeslandia, to improve or, for example - how to grow my economy? These sort of things..I'm sorry if I have not seen other topics, I'm just tired.
Thanks!

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Beeslandia wrote:Hey guys, I'm new in the game and I can't understand a lot of things...it's normal I think. But when I have no "ISSUES", what can I do for my Beeslandia, to improve or, for example - how to grow my economy? These sort of things..I'm sorry if I have not seen other topics, I'm just tired.
Thanks!

Sadly, without solving issues you can't really do anything for your stats(such as economy)
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Beeslandia wrote:Hey guys, I'm new in the game and I can't understand a lot of things...it's normal I think. But when I have no "ISSUES", what can I do for my Beeslandia, to improve or, for example - how to grow my economy? These sort of things..I'm sorry if I have not seen other topics, I'm just tired.
Thanks!

You cannot do anything other than issues to affect the stats shown on screen, though many people write factbooks detailing more things about their nation, such as military description, constitutions, etc.
The time between issues is also when many players get involved in other stuff in game, or plug into their regions activities more.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:14 am

Raionitu wrote:
Thanks!

You cannot do anything other than issues to affect the stats shown on screen,

Incorrect.
For nations that are in the WA, the passage of GA resolutions also affects stats, so WA nations can potentially improve their economies by supporting 'Free Trade' or 'Advancement of Industry' proposals...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Raionitu wrote:You cannot do anything other than issues to affect the stats shown on screen,

Incorrect.
For nations that are in the WA, the passage of GA resolutions also affects stats, so WA nations can potentially improve their economies by supporting 'Free Trade' or 'Advancement of Industry' proposals...

Eh, I count that as more of the WA doing something that the individual doing something. They asked what they could do, and issues are what they can do. (and yes, I know they can write proposals themselves and all)
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi, I'm pretty new to this, and there is a bunch of abbreviations I have absolutely no clue what mean, like AN, etc. if I could just get a short list of what certain things mean, and If what was abbreviated has a meaning a new person like me would not understand, a defenition for the word/s
It has literally been 2 years since I last played this game. Hopefully now I RP better.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Semparia wrote:Hi, I'm pretty new to this, and there is a bunch of abbreviations I have absolutely no clue what mean, like AN, etc. if I could just get a short list of what certain things mean, and If what was abbreviated has a meaning a new person like me would not understand, a defenition for the word/s

AN usually stands for above nation, not sure which words you'd come across.
GCR - game created region
UCR - user created region
CTE - ceased to exist - basically the nation died.
DOS - delete on sight - worst of worst who aren't welcome back to nationstates.
NS - Nationstates
WA - World Assembly
SC - Security Council
GA - General Assembly

Would help with more questions if you link the specific instance when something is used, because often meanings vary in NS between places.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:46 am

Llorens
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Llorens » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:20 am

Best tool to archive a regional message board?
LLO (@Llo#1475)
Check out all my NSToday articles here!
The Leftist Assembly
Co-founder: Mar 2018—Jul 2021
Discord head admin: Apr 2017—Jan 2021
Secretary: Jun—Dec 2017, Dec 2019—Jun 2020
Prime Minister: Dec 2016—Mar 2017

NationStates Today
Chief Executive Officer: Sep 2019—Feb 2020, Sep 2020—Jan 2021
Chief Content Officer: Mar 2019—Apr 2020, Jan—Apr 2021
Chief Publishing Officer: Feb 2019—Apr 2020
Chairperson: Sep 2019—Mar 2020, Dec 2020—Apr 2021
Editor: Jan 2019—Jun 2021
Daily reminder: You are cute, don't take this too seriously, and eat hot chip.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Postby Yohannes » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Um... sorry if this is a silly (or commonly asked) question. I've been searching (using relevant keywords) all over the Gameplay sub forum to find the answer for this question... but I couldn't find any relevant post or thread so far (from my searching).

Why is The North Pacific the largest feeder region (so much larger) than all the others? Is this because of something coded into the game itself, or because of something else? Thank you!
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Yohannes wrote:Um... sorry if this is a silly (or commonly asked) question. I've been searching (using relevant keywords) all over the Gameplay sub forum to find the answer for this question... but I couldn't find any relevant post or thread so far (from my searching).

Why is The North Pacific the largest feeder region (so much larger) than all the others? Is this because of something coded into the game itself, or because of something else? Thank you!
I don’t really know why, but it isn’t the code. The code divides evenly. Apparently, people just enjoh TNP more than anything else
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Fauxia wrote:I don’t really know why, but it isn’t the code.

I see...

Fauxia wrote:Apparently, people just enjoh TNP more than anything else

Um that's interesting. Thanks for the help Fauxia!
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Yohannes wrote:Um... sorry if this is a silly (or commonly asked) question. I've been searching (using relevant keywords) all over the Gameplay sub forum to find the answer for this question... but I couldn't find any relevant post or thread so far (from my searching).

TNP works very hard on engagement and retention. It is, apparently, quite effective, moreso than other feeders :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:TNP works very hard on engagement and retention. It is, apparently, quite effective, moreso than other feeders :P

I know nothing about Gameplay related matters... but I'll have to agree with you re: TNP dedication. I love (secretly) reading offsite Gameplay regional forums and TNP's one [ http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/index/ ] has been enjoyable to browse/read (there are soo much years of history there aha...)

Edit: Thanks for the help Ever-Wandering Souls! :D
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuper Inventa
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuper Inventa » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 pm

I am extremely new to NS and have only answered a few issues and challenged a few nations. What else is there to this game? I'm not too hip with all of the formalities and whatnot.
Nuper Inventa

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 am

Nuper Inventa wrote:I am extremely new to NS and have only answered a few issues and challenged a few nations. What else is there to this game? I'm not too hip with all of the formalities and whatnot.
Nuper Inventa

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=404307
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Kalraydas
Civilian

Founded: Nov 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Increasing economy

Postby Kalraydas » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Hey, New to the site but I get the gist of things, just looking for advice on how to improve my country. Basically the issue is that the workers of my largest industry want a 20% pay raise. I'm not sure if I should grant it or the other option, reducing Labour laws to let the Industries sack striking workers, to improve my economy. Or should I just ignore it?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:16 am

Kalraydas wrote:Hey, New to the site but I get the gist of things, just looking for advice on how to improve my country. Basically the issue is that the workers of my largest industry want a 20% pay raise. I'm not sure if I should grant it or the other option, reducing Labour laws to let the Industries sack striking workers, to improve my economy. Or should I just ignore it?

If you give those workers a 20% rise, many of your other workers will go on strike for big rises as well and your economy will suffer. (This is based on experience of the option's stats, not just a RL-based opinion...)
If in doubt, dismiss.

Dantre
Civilian

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dantre » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:05 am

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but its the best i could find. So, i have a question.

Even though I throughout my nations lifespan advocated for free speech I still do not have "free press" as a policy is this policy just based on the level of civil rights or is there something I'm missing?

Also the right to protest is "enshrined in law" so I'm not sure why free press isn't...

Thanks for the help.

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Dantre wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but its the best i could find. So, i have a question.

Even though I throughout my nations lifespan advocated for free speech I still do not have "free press" as a policy is this policy just based on the level of civil rights or is there something I'm missing?

Also the right to protest is "enshrined in law" so I'm not sure why free press isn't...

Thanks for the help.

It's possible that free press was counted under free speech, or that they just didn't add free press as a policy. That is still a very new feature, so they might still be working out which policies to include/not include.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=427979
There has been a bit of discussion on policy stuff there, might be the place to ask admin about it.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?p=32858395#p32858395 this post in specific says that they have a lot of things to review regarding policies, so there's definitely things they are trying to improve.
Last edited by Raionitu on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegaslovakia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vegaslovakia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am

Can someone please tell me what the acronym tags mean that you can categorize your region into? I am finding it hard to attract like-minded nations.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay