NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Llorens
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Llorens » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:13 pm

Sedgistan wrote:No, it wouldn't be allowed. Regions can't use the Gameplay forum to manage their internal affairs, or the forum would be inundated with such threads that have no relevancy to the overwhelming majority of players that aren't from that region. You need to use your RMB / an offsite forum for that.

And what regional roleplay, or in fact anything to do with "regional politics" has ever had any relevance to "the overwhelming majority of players that aren't from that region"? This thread would affect nearly 100 nations residing in The Leftist Assembly and is a significant and important part of our "regional politics".
LLO (@Llo#1475)
Check out all my NSToday articles here!
The Leftist Assembly
Co-founder: Mar 2018—Jul 2021
Discord head admin: Apr 2017—Jan 2021
Secretary: Jun—Dec 2017, Dec 2019—Jun 2020
Prime Minister: Dec 2016—Mar 2017

NationStates Today
Chief Executive Officer: Sep 2019—Feb 2020, Sep 2020—Jan 2021
Chief Content Officer: Mar 2019—Apr 2020, Jan—Apr 2021
Chief Publishing Officer: Feb 2019—Apr 2020
Chairperson: Sep 2019—Mar 2020, Dec 2020—Apr 2021
Editor: Jan 2019—Jun 2021
Daily reminder: You are cute, don't take this too seriously, and eat hot chip.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:18 am

I'm not talking about regional roleplay. If you're roleplaying, it certainly doesn't belong anywhere near the Gameplay forum.

Gameplay threads are open for all to participate in. Regional news, interregional events and so on are of interest to those beyond just one region. You're wanting threads for members of your region only, to discuss matters pertaining to your region only. As you've been told, that does not belong here. Use your RMB or create an offsite forum for it.

Llorens
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Llorens » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Unrelated to my previous question, what is that tool you can use to personalise the telegram of each recruitment telegram? I thought it was @@NAME@@, but I'm not so sure.
LLO (@Llo#1475)
Check out all my NSToday articles here!
The Leftist Assembly
Co-founder: Mar 2018—Jul 2021
Discord head admin: Apr 2017—Jan 2021
Secretary: Jun—Dec 2017, Dec 2019—Jun 2020
Prime Minister: Dec 2016—Mar 2017

NationStates Today
Chief Executive Officer: Sep 2019—Feb 2020, Sep 2020—Jan 2021
Chief Content Officer: Mar 2019—Apr 2020, Jan—Apr 2021
Chief Publishing Officer: Feb 2019—Apr 2020
Chairperson: Sep 2019—Mar 2020, Dec 2020—Apr 2021
Editor: Jan 2019—Jun 2021
Daily reminder: You are cute, don't take this too seriously, and eat hot chip.

General Shady
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby General Shady » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 am

Llorens wrote:Unrelated to my previous question, what is that tool you can use to personalise the telegram of each recruitment telegram? I thought it was @@NAME@@, but I'm not so sure.

If your looking for the code that would change into the name of any nation reading it, it is %NATION% .
Overlord, Firehelm
"Eek! It's a Shadoke! Save the children!" - Xoriet
"You're such a good soul for a filthy raider" - Cadmus
"Shadoke is a scoundrel. A fine choice in new leader." - Scardino
Why not a little Chaos?

Golden State Warriorz
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Golden State Warriorz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Why do my nation's ratings change dramatically (and usually negatively) for arbitrary reasons? I just banned the playing of augmented reality games in the city, to prevent accidents, and my primitiveness went up about 3 points from 79 to 82, average income went down by 2%, and workforce participation went down from 67% to 52%.

Also how do I become less primitive?
Last edited by Golden State Warriorz on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I've Got Soul But I'm Not A Soldier"
Und La Dio hgti htreuhtreig rgjerhg rgkjrg kjregjregureg reuigirgrg irreig rgireg r itg rehg igrie gi.
The official name of this nation is "Golden Warrior State". I use NS Stats only as a guide.

Pro: Gay Marriage, LGBT Rights (including Transgender Rights), Gender Equality, Vaccines, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders, Drug Legalization, Taxing the Rich, Free Speech, Immigration

Anti: Social Conservatism, Authoritarianism, Gender Roles, Republican Party, Trump, Lockdowns, Identity Politics, Paternalism, War on Drugs, Cancel Culture, Censorship, Critical Race Theory, Segregation, Prisons, LeBron James

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 am

General Shady wrote:
Llorens wrote:Unrelated to my previous question, what is that tool you can use to personalise the telegram of each recruitment telegram? I thought it was @@NAME@@, but I'm not so sure.

If your looking for the code that would change into the name of any nation reading it, it is %NATION% .

Since it's confused people before, just a reminder that the %NATION% thing only works if it's a mass telegram i.e. has more than one recipient in the "send to" box.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:17 am

Golden State Warriorz wrote:Why do my nation's ratings change dramatically (and usually negatively) for arbitrary reasons? I just banned the playing of augmented reality games in the city, to prevent accidents, and my primitiveness went up about 3 points from 79 to 82, average income went down by 2%, and workforce participation went down from 67% to 52%.

Also how do I become less primitive?

You're a young nation, so every issue choice hits your nation hard so you have a chance to mould it to what you want. As your nation gets older, every issue will change your country less. Primitiveness needs technology to counter, choose options that educate your populace, improve your science and IT and ditch religion if you want to kill it. But it really doesn't matter what you pick your nation to be like. There isn't really a win condition here unless you create it.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Questioner
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Regional sitter?

Postby Questioner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 am

Hello, I've played this game for almost a year and have several regions. I am worried however that if I forget about the wrong puppets, they'll disappear. I'd like to find some people who believe they'll be active and make some puppets and log in them from time to time to assuage my fears. Where would I request this, and are the people willing to do this or has this ever been done before?

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:19 am

Questioner wrote:Hello, I've played this game for almost a year and have several regions. I am worried however that if I forget about the wrong puppets, they'll disappear. I'd like to find some people who believe they'll be active and make some puppets and log in them from time to time to assuage my fears. Where would I request this, and are the people willing to do this or has this ever been done before?

Firstly, do you have an email account attached to all your nations? If not, you really should do this. Then stick the Founder nations on vacation mode. Write a private offsite list of all your nations and regions - then go through it once every so often.

The issue with finding a region sitter is the trustworthy ones don't want to take your nations because they will inherit your warning history and they yours. The untrustworthy ones are more likely to take your nations/regions, but are likely to steal them and you'll lose the region entirely.
Information
Wishlist

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 am

Questioner wrote:Hello, I've played this game for almost a year and have several regions. I am worried however that if I forget about the wrong puppets, they'll disappear. I'd like to find some people who believe they'll be active and make some puppets and log in them from time to time to assuage my fears. Where would I request this, and are the people willing to do this or has this ever been done before?

You could use NationStates Nation Manager to keep track of your puppets and prevent them from being CTEd.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Riviotto Sultra
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Riviotto Sultra » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:46 pm

LollerLand wrote:

You could use NationStates Nation Manager to keep track of your puppets and prevent them from being CTEd.

You could also use a site that tracks RSS feeds and subscribe to all your nations on it.

Balkan Borderlands
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkan Borderlands » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:53 am

Hello, good nations of the world!
Can you please tell me what does it mean "Awaiting legislation" on my capital city in Settings? I passed more than 250 million citizens with my country, and now I should receive an opportunity to name my capital city. However, there is "Awaiting legislation" written in Settings menu. Should I really wait until somebody approves my capital city?
Another thing is that I had an issue about whether to move or not to move my capital, and I rejected the capital city as my solution for the issue. Will I get the capital city now or not?
I still know how to write with a pen, not only with a keyboard.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 am

Balkan Borderlands wrote:Hello, good nations of the world!
Can you please tell me what does it mean "Awaiting legislation" on my capital city in Settings? I passed more than 250 million citizens with my country, and now I should receive an opportunity to name my capital city. However, there is "Awaiting legislation" written in Settings menu. Should I really wait until somebody approves my capital city?
Another thing is that I had an issue about whether to move or not to move my capital, and I rejected the capital city as my solution for the issue. Will I get the capital city now or not?

Awaiting legislation means you have to answer the capital city issue. If you don't pick an option that gives you a capital city, you won't get a capital city. The issue will come along in a bit again and you'll have a chance to reanswer it. Once you've chosen to have a capital city though, you won't get the issue again.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=57842
Information
Wishlist

Balkan Borderlands
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkan Borderlands » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:12 am

Flanderlion wrote:Awaiting legislation means you have to answer the capital city issue. If you don't pick an option that gives you a capital city, you won't get a capital city. The issue will come along in a bit again and you'll have a chance to reanswer it. Once you've chosen to have a capital city though, you won't get the issue again.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=57842

So I won't be able to get the capital city for a while. OK, thank you.
I still know how to write with a pen, not only with a keyboard.

Kokonattsu
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

How to explore space?

Postby Kokonattsu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 pm

On this account i haven't got the space exploration issue yet, how can i?

Orgrua
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Orgrua » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Kokonattsu wrote:On this account i haven't got the space exploration issue yet, how can i?

Hmm, weird. We're at almost the same exact spot; we both share a population of 26 million. I've encountered the space issue a while back. I think the order in which issues come up is random.
Established: January 31, 2017
National Animal: Elephant
Best Industry: Tourism
Type: Federation
705: The Germ of an Idea
(1.25, -.56)

Kyrgyz Kaganate
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrgyz Kaganate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:49 pm

How can I find out how uch money my citizens need to live? Is here something like living wage or prices on goods?

Zion Imperium
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zion Imperium » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:54 pm

I know this is a stupid question. But how does regional influence increase, how do you work that out??
United Arkadia wrote:"The gay bit or the killing fairies in the back room????"- Zion Imperium 2016

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Zion Imperium wrote:I know this is a stupid question. But how does regional influence increase, how do you work that out??

Only dumb question is the one unasked.

Regional influence is gained each update (there are 2 each day, major and minor), at 1+(number of WA endorsements). If you're in a GCR is works slightly differently, but for UCRs that is the rate. You stop gaining influence in the region when either your nation is not in the region (in another or CTEd), or when you haven't logged into your nation within the last week. You lose influence when your nation has CTEd or is in another region.

There are two measures of influence, this scale (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zio ... ensusid=65) and the Regional Influence thing on the top right of your nation page. The census adds your influence together in all regions you have been in together, so if you just moved from The Union of Democratic States to another region, it would add your influence in the new region and the old one together to give that figure.

The top right corner rank is the percentage of The Union of Democratic States's total influence (only influence earned in the region counts). Hermit is the highest rank, and zero is the lowest.

1. Zero
2. Unproven
3. Hatchling
4. Newcomer
5. Nipper
6. Minnow
7. Sprat
8. Shoeshiner
9. Page
10. Squire
11. Apprentice
12. Vassal
13. Truckler
14. Handshaker
15. Duckspeaker
16. Envoy
17. Diplomat
18. Ambassador
19. Auxiliary
20. Negotiator
21. Contender
22. Instigator
23. Dealmaker
24. Enforcer
25. Eminence Grise
26. Powerbroker
27. Power
28. Superpower
29. Dominator
30. Hegemony
31. Hermit

Kyrgyz Kaganate wrote:How can I find out how uch money my citizens need to live? Is here something like living wage or prices on goods?

No clue, but I'd be interested if you find the answer.
Information
Wishlist

Kokonattsu
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kokonattsu » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Orgrua wrote:
Kokonattsu wrote:On this account i haven't got the space exploration issue yet, how can i?

Hmm, weird. We're at almost the same exact spot; we both share a population of 26 million. I've encountered the space issue a while back. I think the order in which issues come up is random.

Oh okay alright.

Aro Ice Cream
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Hi, I actually have a question.

Postby Aro Ice Cream » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:58 pm

My political freedom right now is at "very good". Thing is, that`s lower than where it started at. Can I increase political freedom after it`s been lowered?

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Aro Ice Cream wrote:My political freedom right now is at "very good". Thing is, that`s lower than where it started at. Can I increase political freedom after it`s been lowered?

Yes. Answer issues in ways that are favourable to political freedom and it will go up again.

Aro Ice Cream
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aro Ice Cream » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Thanks. :)

Certon (Ancient)
Civilian

Founded: Feb 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Certon (Ancient) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Is there any way I can go back on a legislation?

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Certon wrote:Is there any way I can go back on a legislation?

No, until you get the issue you want to change your mind on again (be warned: this could take a long while) and select your desired option.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay