NATION

PASSWORD

The Pacific's New Emperor

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:The latest in a series of attempts by the NPO and their friends to generate speculation about Krulltopia's future without confirming anything of substance.

One might wonder why the NPO are so keen at enticing foreigners to indulge themselves in vague guesses about the future of the Emperor of The Pacific.

What do you think of the PRL's new Chairman?

Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Kazmr wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:The latest in a series of attempts by the NPO and their friends to generate speculation about Krulltopia's future without confirming anything of substance.

One might wonder why the NPO are so keen at enticing foreigners to indulge themselves in vague guesses about the future of the Emperor of The Pacific.

What do you think of the PRL's new Chairman?

An appointee unlikely to be much worse than his predecessors when it comes to the task of running Lazarus.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:
Kazmr wrote:What do you think of the PRL's new Chairman?

An appointee unlikely to be much worse than his predecessors when it comes to the task of running Lazarus.

Wow, you really just don't like fun, do you?

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Kazmr wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:An appointee unlikely to be much worse than his predecessors when it comes to the task of running Lazarus.

Wow, you really just don't like fun, do you?

When something presented as 'fun' has an undisclosed ulterior motive, like this NPO thread, I cannot say I have ever been particularly keen on it, no.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:
Kazmr wrote:Wow, you really just don't like fun, do you?

When something presented as 'fun' has an undisclosed ulterior motive, like this NPO thread, I cannot say I have ever been particularly keen on it, no.

* Looks up

I wasn't aware someone could fly so high into nonsense. Pretty impressive comrades, no?
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:34 pm

To get back on topic the OP was hilarious and as far as I can remember I was not subconsciously brainwashed while reading it, unless that was part of the brainwashing :o
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:40 pm

NoblePhnx wrote:To get back on topic the OP was hilarious and as far as I can remember I was not subconsciously brainwashed while reading it, unless that was part of the brainwashing :o

If it was subconscious, then by definition you would not fully remember it while being influenced by it.

Of course, one can be influenced without being brainwashed. That is the most extreme end of the spectrum.

Here, the NPO quite clearly want people to share in their excitement over the matter of Krultopia's future, for the all the mystery it clouds them in.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:
NoblePhnx wrote:To get back on topic the OP was hilarious and as far as I can remember I was not subconsciously brainwashed while reading it, unless that was part of the brainwashing :o

If it was subconscious, then by definition you would not fully remember it while being influenced by it.

Of course, one can be influenced without being brainwashed. That is the most extreme end of the spectrum.

Here, the NPO quite clearly want people to share in their excitement over the matter of Krultopia's future, for the all the mystery it clouds them in.

Man, its like when Jack Ruby shoot Oswald, the establishment was quite clearly covering for LBJs nefarious plan to take over America and start the Vietnam war.

Also that time when they showed that clearly fake moon landing stuff. The NWO quite clearly wants people to think that there's no life on the moon, lest they discover the lizard men who really run the show.

Or, you know, there's no conspiracy and they were just having fun, like when I wrote this article awhile back.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Kazmr wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:If it was subconscious, then by definition you would not fully remember it while being influenced by it.

Man, its like when Jack Ruby shoot Oswald, the establishment was quite clearly covering for LBJs nefarious plan to take over America and start the Vietnam war.

Also that time when they showed that clearly fake moon landing stuff. The NWO quite clearly wants people to think that there's no life on the moon, lest they discover the lizard men who really run the show.

Or, you know, there's no conspiracy and they were just having fun, like when I wrote this article awhile back.

Satire is written with its purposes. That is the entire point of using humour around politics.

Those purposes become less effective when they are openly admitted.

If exposing those purposes amounts to engaging in conspiracy theories, then so be it, but I hardly think pointing out the NPO's desire, for the question of its succession (or not) to become gossip outside of its own birdhouses, is at all 'like' allegations about the incidents you cite. It's simply informed reading.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Kazmr wrote:
this article awhile back.

Sir that article was unabashedly propaganda how dare you?!!! :P
Last edited by NoblePhnx on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fascist American Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Polly want a cracker?

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty
[quote="Arkandros";p="20014230"]

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Pacific's New Emperor

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Truly a once in a lifetime event. We should all be grateful for witnessing it.

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:38 am

the Imperial Crown wrote:In my defence, the Equilism edition didn't have the "this is satire" disclaimer.

Didn't meant you my friend, when you asked the GP version had not yet been posted, due to copy-pasting delays heh
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 am

I really REALLY need to know what you took before coming to this conclusion, as it seems better than acid-tripping! Reading this tabloid and totally missing the point is ab amazing feat. We basically just said the sky is blue, and your keen senses discovered how we said that to show everyone the sky was not the point, but the red gum sticked to the soil of my boots....

Next time you'll get it, kiddo! :roll:

The Dark God of Huggers

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am

The Seeker of Power wrote:

I really REALLY need to know what you took before coming to this conclusion, as it seems better than acid-tripping! Reading this tabloid and totally missing the point is ab amazing feat. We basically just said the sky is blue, and your keen senses discovered how we said that to show everyone the sky was not the point, but the red gum sticked to the soil of my boots....

Evidently I seem to have touched the nerves of some of the assembled senators.

One's senses do not need to be quite all that keen to see from this that the NPO is desperate to promote speculation about Krulltopia's future.

Tabloids like this may be full of rubbish but that does not mean they lack political motivation, either as their primary purpose or as an ancillary reason.
Last edited by Onderkelkia on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Dalter
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am

The Seeker of Power wrote:

Did you just call Onder "kiddo"?
James
Man with hat

Guardian
-Osiris

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:45 am

Dalter wrote:
The Seeker of Power wrote: I really REALLY need to know what you took before coming to this conclusion, as it seems better than acid-tripping! Reading this tabloid and totally missing the point is ab amazing feat. We basically just said the sky is blue, and your keen senses discovered how we said that to show everyone the sky was not the point, but the red gum sticked to the soil of my boots....

Did you just call Onder "kiddo"?

Elegarth is from 2004, Onder is from 2006. It actually made sense, technically. O_o

Dalter
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:51 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:
Dalter wrote:Did you just call Onder "kiddo"?

Elegarth is from 2004, Onder is from 2006. It actually made sense, technically. O_o

"O_o" indeed.
James
Man with hat

Guardian
-Osiris

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:00 am

That NS aging chart is worrying primarily because it means I will never grow up in NS unless I am here for ten years :eyebrow:

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:06 am

Dear Lord Onder, you keep missing the point...

Yes, there is a hidden agenda, kiddo: to convince the world we are TIRED of the mindless speculations. To mock the rumours and the gossips.

You were just able to totally turn it downward, which simply shows how years of experience on this world not necessarily turn into wisdom or political savyy.

More than touching a nerve, it surprised me how much you could get it wrong with your years of experience. It amazes me.

The Dark God of Huggers

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:26 am

The Seeker of Power wrote:Dear Lord Onder, you keep missing the point...

Yes, there is a hidden agenda, kiddo: to convince the world we are TIRED of the mindless speculations. To mock the rumours and the gossips.

You were just able to totally turn it downward, which simply shows how years of experience on this world not necessarily turn into wisdom or political savyy.

More than touching a nerve, it surprised me how much you could get it wrong with your years of experience. It amazes me.

It amazes me you seriously expect people to believe that this thread was started in an effort to close down speculation about Krulltopia's future.

The only 'mindless speculation' has been coming from the NPO and its friends themselves - notably a TRR Times article written by the NPO's recruitment officer, Unibot, and in which Feux, an NPO senator, is quoted. If Krulltopia had genuinely wanted to shut their speculation up, a far better approach would have been to restore some much needed and lacking discipline to the NPO's outfit rather than adding what can only be reasonably termed fuel to the fire.

The NPO and its sycophants started speculation about its leadership. Then, having done so, they pretend to mock the speculation. A pathetic charade.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:38 am

I agree with Onder here. The only speculation about the future of the NPO's leadership has been coming from the NPO and its affiliates, which has led others to discuss it. If you don't want it discussed and made subject to speculation, might I suggest that you, yourselves, stop talking about it?

I personally don't care about the NPO's next Emperor or when he or she will take office. It's been the same old song and dance for eleven years, regardless.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:39 am

Onderkelkia wrote:

It amazes me you seriously expect people to believe that this thread was started in an effort to close down speculation about Krulltopia's future.

The only 'mindless speculation' has been coming from the NPO and its friends themselves - notably a TRR Times article written by the NPO's recruitment officer, Unibot, and in which Feux, an NPO senator, is quoted. If Krulltopia had genuinely wanted to shut their speculation up, a far better approach would have been to restore some much needed and lacking discipline to the NPO's outfit rather than adding what can only be reasonably termed fuel to the fire.

The NPO and its sycophants started speculation about its leadership. Then, having done so, they pretend to mock the speculation. A pathetic charade.

If I recall correctly, it started in TNP. So no.
Last edited by Feux on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:39 am

Onderkelkia wrote:

And they faked the moon landing! :roll:
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:48 am

Feux wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:It amazes me you seriously expect people to believe that this thread was started in an effort to close down speculation about Krulltopia's future.

If I recall correctly, it started in TNP. So no.

Anyone who believes that such a discussion, with details about resigning after the 11th anniversary of the August Revolution, etc., could have originated without the input of someone within the NPO itself is much mistaken - even if others discussed it based on such second-hand information.

If the NPO genuinely wanted to shut down such speculation, it wouldn't write news articles and satire about it. That only attracts far more attention.

The NPO wants to promote an image of itself as the centre of the attention, while at the same time pretending to be above the speculation they started.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI