NATION

PASSWORD

Complete Guide to Military Gameplay

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
MerlinForry
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby MerlinForry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:42 am

Nice guide. I just signed up and this is the first thing I need to read. Thanks!

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6145
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:54 am

Apologies for it not being fully up to date yet :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

NPO DELENDA EST!

User avatar
Scanzian Freehold
Diplomat
 
Posts: 733
Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Scanzian Freehold » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 am

Where's the section on Opting Out?

Not really a "Game" if you're forced to play, is it? Our region and several other small regions are getting hit hard by rolling raids from nugut, and it's not like we're in any of the RP forums, so we've been wondering WTF? We aren't here for this.
Last edited by Scanzian Freehold on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Scanzian Freehold appears on so many of my posts, I've decided to make it my signature.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6145
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:54 am

Scanzian Freehold wrote:Where's the section on Opting Out?

Not really a "Game" if you're forced to play, is it? Our region and several other small regions are getting hit hard by rolling raids from nugut, and it's not like we're in any of the RP forums, so we've been wondering WTF? We aren't here for this.


In short, some combination of-

Apply a regional password and guard it closely

and

Have a founder
-Make the Delegate seat non-executive
-Give the delegate their other powers via the RO system, so their powers are nation-specific rather than seat-specific
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

NPO DELENDA EST!

User avatar
Scanzian Freehold
Diplomat
 
Posts: 733
Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Scanzian Freehold » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:10 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Scanzian Freehold wrote:Where's the section on Opting Out?

Not really a "Game" if you're forced to play, is it? Our region and several other small regions are getting hit hard by rolling raids from nugut, and it's not like we're in any of the RP forums, so we've been wondering WTF? We aren't here for this.


In short, some combination of-

Apply a regional password and guard it closely

and

Have a founder
-Make the Delegate seat non-executive
-Give the delegate their other powers via the RO system, so their powers are nation-specific rather than seat-specific


Thanks for the advice! Our founder had a password key set, but apparently it turned off at the end of Z-4 for some reason, and no one noticed until the raid. We're going to keep a better eye on it from now on. We had everything set in the RO, but didn't think to set the Delegate as non-exec, since it was our Founder. Whoops!

*edit note: Founder has had that region for most of a decade, and this was its first time ever getting raided.
Last edited by Scanzian Freehold on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Scanzian Freehold appears on so many of my posts, I've decided to make it my signature.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 2994
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Consular » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Yes, raiding regions with founders has become a thing recently. As long as you keep your founder alive you can reverse anything they do.

User avatar
Flanderlion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1403
Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Consular wrote:Yes, raiding regions with founders has become a thing recently. As long as you keep your founder alive you can reverse anything they do.

Depends. Small regions/new regions with executive delegates, can get a refound done in two updates, or just over 12 hours.
As always, I'm representing myself as a citizen, rather than as part of the Government, if I am at the time.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 2994
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Consular » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Flanderlion wrote:
Consular wrote:Yes, raiding regions with founders has become a thing recently. As long as you keep your founder alive you can reverse anything they do.

Depends. Small regions/new regions with executive delegates, can get a refound done in two updates, or just over 12 hours.

Mhmm very true, assuming that the region is very new (meaning the founder will have little influence), that the WAD is executive, and that the founder does not login in the interim.

User avatar
Cora II
Diplomat
 
Posts: 868
Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:48 am

Consular wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:Depends. Small regions/new regions with executive delegates, can get a refound done in two updates, or just over 12 hours.

Mhmm very true, assuming that the region is very new (meaning the founder will have little influence), that the WAD is executive, and that the founder does not login in the interim.


Yes. Its possible. With totally new player in the game, with just founded region, it can be likely done even the founder would be online and watching.

OOCly: There are no any kind trophy value if stealing a candy from a child.
ICly: "Haha! Quick lesson by R/D shock therapy native n00b! 60 days quarantine issued! CROM!")
Last edited by Cora II on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

User avatar
Port harlis
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Thanks

Postby Port harlis » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Thanks I really appreciate it

User avatar
United Reptile Kingdom
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Reptile Kingdom » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:08 pm

thanks for the guide I just started and I found everything I was looking

User avatar
Hill Number 1
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hill Number 1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:33 pm

thank you for this, it really helped me out getting started.

User avatar
Ballotonia
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5318
Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ballotonia » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:36 am

The 'What is an "Update"?' section could use an update, as it still mentions issues being given / passed during an update.

Ballotonia
"Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen, dan dooft het licht…" -- H.M. van Randwijk

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6145
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:46 am

Ballotonia wrote:The 'What is an "Update"?' section could use an update, as it still mentions issues being given / passed during an update.

Ballotonia


Last I heard, as someone asked by Thomas to help work on this, was that we were suspending efforts until your fastracked changes to the way updates work were implemented.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

NPO DELENDA EST!

User avatar
Ballotonia
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5318
Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ballotonia » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:47 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Ballotonia wrote:The 'What is an "Update"?' section could use an update, as it still mentions issues being given / passed during an update.

Ballotonia


Last I heard, as someone asked by Thomas to help work on this, was that we were suspending efforts until your fastracked changes to the way updates work were implemented.


That only affects timing, not what the update does.

Ballotonia
"Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen, dan dooft het licht…" -- H.M. van Randwijk

User avatar
New Dukaine
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1002
Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Dukaine » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:00 am

Ballotonia wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Last I heard, as someone asked by Thomas to help work on this, was that we were suspending efforts until your fastracked changes to the way updates work were implemented.


That only affects timing, not what the update does.

Ballotonia

You realize Ball, that you are a game admin and also do forum stuff, why dont YOU do it?
The Liberal Socialist leaning Democracy of New Dukaine

Former Grey Warden
For RP, New Dukaine is a Modern-Tech nation.
PLEASE, CALL ME NuDu
Participated: Baptism of fire 62, World Cup 75, Australian Football Cup 1
Hosted: Australian Football Cup 1
Ambassador to all branches of the WA is Pama Umoja.
Proud author of GA Resolution 376, Pesticide Regulations

User avatar
Ballotonia
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5318
Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ballotonia » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:28 am

New Dukaine wrote:
Ballotonia wrote:
That only affects timing, not what the update does.

Ballotonia

You realize Ball, that you are a game admin and also do forum stuff, why dont YOU do it?


This thread is maintained by players, I'm not going to interfere in other people's efforts. Just because I have the buttons to do things doesn't mean I'm going to use them willy-nilly and overstep my authority in the process.

Ballotonia
Last edited by Ballotonia on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen, dan dooft het licht…" -- H.M. van Randwijk

User avatar
Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1370
Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:20 pm

Ballotonia wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Last I heard, as someone asked by Thomas to help work on this, was that we were suspending efforts until your fastracked changes to the way updates work were implemented.


That only affects timing, not what the update does.

Ballotonia

I'll put it on the "front burner". Give me 5+ months and maybe I can give you an update on my progress. I promise to have the guide complete within 5 years after the rest of the to-be changes to gameplay are implemented.
The Battle of Fort Triumph

Co-Founder of Fort Triumph
Founder of The Order of the Grey Wardens

Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

User avatar
Evil Wolf
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1981
Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:22 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:I'll put it on the "front burner". Give me 5+ months and maybe I can give you an update on my progress. I promise to have the guide complete within 5 years after the rest of the to-be changes to gameplay are implemented.


Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard at that swipe.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

User avatar
King Nephmir II
Envoy
 
Posts: 346
Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby King Nephmir II » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:41 am

I mean most of the guide says "last edited by Nephmir" on each post. You haven't really done anything to fix or even update the guide since my work was wrongly stripped away from me and given to you as your own writing, despite the fact that I expressed that it was my work and it would need to be rewritten by the new author. Regardless of the circumstances this is in violation of the Terms of Use agreement on NationStates' end.

But that's beside the point. The jab at Ballotonia is pretty low since you haven't done anything on it in over a year, and if you refuse to update it the mods can just unpin it and replace it with someone willing to update it. The Admins have other things to do too.
Last edited by King Nephmir II on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
Nephmir
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Founder of The Eternal Knights
_

User avatar
Flanderlion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1403
Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:16 pm

King Nephmir II wrote:I mean most of the guide says "last edited by Nephmir" on each post. You haven't really done anything to fix or even update the guide since my work was wrongly stripped away from me and given to you as your own writing, despite the fact that I expressed that it was my work and it would need to be rewritten by the new author. Regardless of the circumstances this is in violation of the Terms of Use agreement on NationStates' end.

But that's beside the point. The jab at Ballotonia is pretty low since you haven't done anything on it in over a year, and if you refuse to update it the mods can just unpin it and replace it with someone willing to update it. The Admins have other things to do too.

I did hope Update Times would be as imminent as they hinted post Predator, but I'm with Neph on the hypocrisy here. Nov 4th was the last time a few posts were updated (so less than a year, but only by a bit), but the vast majority are still Neph's. Only 3 of the 21 posts that make up the guide have even been edited by BT.
As always, I'm representing myself as a citizen, rather than as part of the Government, if I am at the time.

User avatar
Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1370
Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:56 am

I've been waiting 4 years for my updates. The mods can replace me if they wish. I'm not going to write this twice, which would be the case, since the changes are "imminent".
The Battle of Fort Triumph

Co-Founder of Fort Triumph
Founder of The Order of the Grey Wardens

Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

User avatar
Sygian II
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:34 pm

#GiveItBackToNeph2K16
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates


Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

User avatar
Mynationn
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

How do I develop an army?

Postby Mynationn » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 pm

How do I develop an army? :twisted:

User avatar
The Republic of Potestatem
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Feb 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Military Increase

Postby The Republic of Potestatem » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:22 am

How do I get more militaristic issues and/or increase my defense budget?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: August, Google [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads