NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Riders - The Elite Cavalry of NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Upper Drizzilia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Drizzilia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:31 am

Trick Shot wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Anarchy has been left.

Ixnay is emptied and locked, awaiting some future refound.

That means all those TBR (and UIAF) troops are free now.

Not entirely related, but TBH is alive and well, and out of Canada.

Summer is coming to a close, and considering what I've heard from Riders about things being slow on occasion because it's summer, it sounds like activity might soon become greater. (Even if mine is about to fall off the map!)

Sicarius is recording record numbers of pilers for us in CoF, where we won't be for a whole lot longer.

The question that won't likely be answered is "What's next for raiders and their allies as a whole, and more specifically, what's next for TBR?"

If I was a native of a founderless region, I'd be scared right now.....

Scared. Lol. They prey on the scared. All their occupations are generic. Tell if they take over one of the feeders or TRR. Until then...
*looks for snoring smilie but finds none*

:rofl: Coming from an Eternal Knight this is great.
Upper Drizzilia
1137 regions successfully invaded
Sergeant - The Black Riders

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Trick Shot wrote:Scared. Lol. They prey on the scared. All their occupations are generic. Tell if they take over one of the feeders or TRR. Until then...

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:It's actually be interesting to get every allied raider org to pile somewhere and see how many we could get. Hm...Unibot only has 140 and we cant be ejected... XP

Besides what Drizz Said :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:59 pm

With a few generalities and distractions it wouldn't be that hard....
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Sir Kay
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Kay » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Trick Shot wrote:Scared. Lol. They prey on the scared. All their occupations are generic. Tell if they take over one of the feeders or TRR. Until then...

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:It's actually be interesting to get every allied raider org to pile somewhere and see how many we could get. Hm...Unibot only has 140 and we cant be ejected... XP

Besides what Drizz Said :P

It happened not so long ago in Slavia. UIAF and allies with TBR. Not all raiders were involved but numbers were approaching a hundred endorsements, if I rememmeber correctly.
Last edited by Sir Kay on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 am

The Forgotten Pages of Codex Incursus
- Un-official Hyperborean Raiding News from Cimmeria -

ISSUE #2

A black rider Scouting new targets for an attack

On recent raiding activities

Edits: Typos and formatting errors. Errors in Links. Added: Missing 21st August, Major update.
Last edited by Coraxion on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:18 am, edited 12 times in total.

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:49 am

Only ten regions?
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:57 am

Trick Shot wrote:Only ten regions?

Why only? It requires disciplined group when operating in big Teams. Nobody have extensive experience how to perform as a participating member of numerically big Tag Team. More members, more possibilities for mistakes, especially so when high endo WADs were our first priority targets. Several near misses. Marshal Gest came back to business after watching over Occupation of Anarchy nearly 400 Updates in row and thus was little rusty in triggering. We had also some minor problems with wartech and one Newcomer had to be introduced to the protocols and procedures utilized during Updates.

Aftermath of The raid was Hell. I personally got seriously fucked up when trying make a WFE for those tags.

Anyway, More then Merrier. :lol:
Last edited by Coraxion on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:29 am

Coraxion wrote:

Why only? It requires disciplined group when operating in big Teams. Nobody have extensive experience how to perform as a participating member of numerically big Tag Team. More members, more possibilities for mistakes, especially so when high endo WADs were our first priority targets. Several near misses. Marshal Gest came back to business after watching over Occupation of Anarchy nearly 400 Updates in row and thus was little rusty in triggering. We had also some minor problems with wartech and one Newcomer had to be introduced to the protocols and procedures utilized during Updates.

Aftermath of The raid was Hell. I personally got seriously fucked up when trying make a WFE for those tags.

Saw you guys missed Atheist Empire though :P
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Upper Drizzilia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Drizzilia » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:43 am

Hey Cora I didn't lead Operation Fire and Nails; it was Sev.
Upper Drizzilia

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:50 am

Thx for Correction. Will be corrected immediately. :)

Add. August 23rd, Minor Update: 7 hits by Cora and Gladio. 30 minutes un-ambitious leisure raid. No Fendas. :lol:
Last edited by Coraxion on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fotar
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:58 am

* A herald enters and begins to speak. *

The following message was delivered to the members of the Council of Narnia following the brief presence of the so-called 'Elite Calvary of Nationstates'.

From the Office of Fotar the Fox, Lord Regent of Narnia:
Official Statement on the Recent 'Raid' of the Council of Narnia

Fellow Narnians,

When I semi-retired from active duty, I knew all along that, someday, the enemy would seek to take advantage of our slumber and would invade. In today's world, such an action was inevitable without serious restriction and the complete shutting of our borders, something I have never and continue to not support. For this reason, I have remained watchfully active, checking in daily at times, and weekly at others.

Three updates previous, a group of black clad tourists on horseback entered into the citadel of Cair Paravel, our beloved castle and capital. These juveniles removed the Narnian banner from the top parapet, posted closing notices on the doors of our embassies, gratified our front bulletin board, and posed for selfies on our front stoop before riding away as quickly as they came. A number of the delinquents lingered, and were removed forcefully from our boarders, uttering cries about not telling their parents or they may lose access their Facebook and Twitter accounts (whatever those are) for a fortnight.

The damage done by these cowardly youth was extremely limited and has already been repaired. Our scouts had no trouble identifying the prank as coming from the region of the Black Riders, a group known for their pointless entry and rapid departure from foreign regions. Pursuing the matter further would be a waste of time and resources, as these hooligans are not the type to learn and amend their ways. They, or some of their cronies, may someday show up again here, and will certainly be spotted elsewhere in the world. They are not dangerous and are not to be feared, as they can do us no harm.

Moving forward, this small incident has sparked a small renewal in my blood and perhaps, we can start working towards a limited, social-focused rebuilding of our fair land. For that, I thank them. And so, to close, I utter that ancient cry from the glorious past:

Onward! For Narnia! And for Aslan!

* The herald then departs, onward to more important missions and matters. *
Founder and Lord Regent of the second Council of Narnia
One-time Delegate of Balder
Progress through Respect. Power through Honor.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:59 am

Lol! :lol2: *Feeling Genuine Joy when reading that kind Narrative*

Maybe we should provide hard facts on our raids to Narnians and delegate dull paperwork to them, and then their RPing Heralds and Aslans would wrap such Hard Facts into form of artistically high quality, humorous literature and poetry for our Thread.

There are some misconseptions there in The Above Narnian Outcoming, reflected through that awesome Piece of text, but I do not begin correct them.

Unfortunately, For TBR fancy and beautiful forum Comments are in category of secondary priorities. Our narrative is nearly totally based on The Field Action, The organisational Functionality and other, really interesting issues. In Practice.
Last edited by Coraxion on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upper Drizzilia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Drizzilia » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Fotar wrote:* A herald enters and begins to speak. *

The following message was delivered to the members of the Council of Narnia following the brief presence of the so-called 'Elite Calvary of Nationstates'.

From the Office of Fotar the Fox, Lord Regent of Narnia:
Official Statement on the Recent 'Raid' of the Council of Narnia

Fellow Narnians,

When I semi-retired from active duty, I knew all along that, someday, the enemy would seek to take advantage of our slumber and would invade. In today's world, such an action was inevitable without serious restriction and the complete shutting of our borders, something I have never and continue to not support. For this reason, I have remained watchfully active, checking in daily at times, and weekly at others.

Three updates previous, a group of black clad tourists on horseback entered into the citadel of Cair Paravel, our beloved castle and capital. These juveniles removed the Narnian banner from the top parapet, posted closing notices on the doors of our embassies, gratified our front bulletin board, and posed for selfies on our front stoop before riding away as quickly as they came. A number of the delinquents lingered, and were removed forcefully from our boarders, uttering cries about not telling their parents or they may lose access their Facebook and Twitter accounts (whatever those are) for a fortnight.

The damage done by these cowardly youth was extremely limited and has already been repaired. Our scouts had no trouble identifying the prank as coming from the region of the Black Riders, a group known for their pointless entry and rapid departure from foreign regions. Pursuing the matter further would be a waste of time and resources, as these hooligans are not the type to learn and amend their ways. They, or some of their cronies, may someday show up again here, and will certainly be spotted elsewhere in the world. They are not dangerous and are not to be feared, as they can do us no harm.

Moving forward, this small incident has sparked a small renewal in my blood and perhaps, we can start working towards a limited, social-focused rebuilding of our fair land. For that, I thank them. And so, to close, I utter that ancient cry from the glorious past:

Onward! For Narnia! And for Aslan!

* The herald then departs, onward to more important missions and matters. *

If this is so unimportant, then why did you take time out of your busy day to come post about it in our thread? :rofl:
Last edited by Upper Drizzilia on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upper Drizzilia

Sir Lionel
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Lionel » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:13 pm

TBR really brings activity to dying regions.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Upper Drizzilia wrote:If this is so unimportant, then why did you take time out of your busy day to come post about it in our thread? :rofl:

You obviously haven't met Fotar before ;)

Speaking of which......FOTAR YOU'RE RETIRED REMEMBER?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Last night was crazy! are tag raids with 12 updaters rare?

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Fotar wrote:* The herald then departs, onward to more important missions and matters. *

Dying?

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Gest wrote:
Fotar wrote:* The herald then departs, onward to more important missions and matters. *

Dying?

Charming.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Coraxion wrote:

It actually takes more skill with a small inexperienced team. At least with a big team if a newbie misses the jump at least there are others to take place.

I led a two man team into battle. One of them had never raided before. He was te only supporter. We only missed once
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Trick Shot wrote:
Coraxion wrote:

It actually takes more skill with a small inexperienced team. At least with a big team if a newbie misses the jump at least there are others to take place.

I led a two man team into battle. One of them had never raided before. He was te only supporter. We only missed once

I would agree with you that having a small team poses its own challenges, but it sounds like you've never taken part in a larger raid. Gest decided to start going for bigger targets because of the high numbers, which meant more defender activity. As Cora mentioned, timing and such were a little off, but it wasn't like he was going for regions with no delegate like one would with a two person team.
Last edited by Jakker on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:39 pm

@Trick Shot: Skill levels of a big team is not only issue related to successes or failures of a big groups online same time. You're absolutely right generally, but not necessarily when speaking on attacks against WA-Delegates with high Endorsement numbers (Relatively) and with small Endo-cap between the Native delegate and attacking team. Certain type 'Fog of War' can easily ruin things in such situations.

That reminds me that there were once famous 'Pencil Crisis' in Skype, which led failure then and not because of Skill levels, but certain specifically human behavior patterns...

viewtopic.php?p=19772359#p19772359

That Draft Protocol is nearly directly applicable for a Big Raiding teams of a Single Organisation.

*Serious Cora*

@Vandoosa: yes. Hopefully tag teams of 10+ raiders will be new TBR standard in The Future.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Coraxion wrote:@Trick Shot: Skill levels of a big team is not only issue related to successes or failures of a big groups online same time. You're absolutely right generally, but not necessarily when speaking on attacks against WA-Delegates with high Endorsement numbers (Relatively) and with small Endo-cap between the Native delegate and attacking team. Certain type 'Fog of War' can easily ruin things in such situations.

That reminds me that there were once famous 'Pencil Crisis' in Skype, which led failure then and not because of Skill levels, but certain specifically human behavior patterns...

viewtopic.php?p=19772359#p19772359

That Draft Protocol is nearly directly applicable for a Big Raiding teams of a Single Organisation.

*Serious Cora*

@Vandoosa: yes. Hopefully tag teams of 10+ raiders will be new TBR standard in The Future.

Fuck the Pencil Crisis. I was in that one, and it sucked >_<
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Oh god the fucking pencils. I have nightmares.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Consular wrote:Oh god the fucking pencils. I have nightmares.

We all do...
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:29 pm

*Guessing* SO many people were typing things in the chat box that the whole screen was writing pencils and no one could see the orders?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay