NATION

PASSWORD

Sicarius News - Silly Cypher or Serious Symbol?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
We Are Not The MI8 wrote:That took longer than usual.

Legend claims some dead walk still.
We disagree.
We saw them sneak amongst us-
and amongst those labelled innocent.
Watching.
Waiting.
Striking.
Soon....

-NSA

Assuming that it's a basic substitution cypher and you've correctly solved most of it- there seems to be a few mistakes.

wy emo xnyo evymz mdfvkex te-
mvr mdfvkex xnfey cmjyccyr ivvfayvx.

We saw them sneak amongst us-
and amongst those labelled innocent.

O probably shouldn't translate to w and m, especially since you've shown d translates to m, and w is a constant. Considering it's also gramatically awkward (switching from present to past tense), perhaps the single (unused elsewhere) letter- y. Which would make that line "We say they sneak amongst us-"

Heh, this brings back memories of cyphers with Feuer that one night. Thanks for doing the body of the footwork still NSA :P

Yeah, I had a feeling that line was wrong. I started working on it, but then I got a call and only had 15 minutes to finish, so I rushed. I'm not sure where I made the mistake, but I did along the way and didn't have time to go back and find it. Thanks for pointing it out.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Not a problem. Now we should figure out - what does it mean? :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Not a problem. Now we should figure out - what does it mean? :P

I think that when it says "dead" it is perhaps referring to someone who retired from gameplay or someone who supposedly quit the game. The "We say they sneak amongst us- and amongst those labelled innocent.", in my opinion, hints that they have an infiltration that is about to come to an end. The dead (infiltrator) walk amongst the innocent (natives, possibly defenders). They sneak amongst them (Sicarius), implying that they are active within Sicarius, but are laying low.

That's all pure speculation, but there is definitely an ominous tone to the announcement. Something is going to happen... Effv....
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:09 pm

So... Let's pretend like I didn't just google 'decipher online' and copy/paste this in. Because, y'know, that would just spoil the fun.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Previous

Return to Gameplay