NATION

PASSWORD

Sicarius News - Silly Cypher or Serious Symbol?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Feuer Ritter wrote:Mall you should just join The Black Riders to end the confusion :p

I'm more likely to join Sicarius since they got this refound done :lol: *cracks the whip over Anarchy*

I was wondering who was going to try and jump on this refound, I'm assuming the natives didn't have defender assistance?

I honestly don't know... yet. Chances are if I stalled the refound a couple of seconds then some defender or maybe someone from TEK would have taken it. So there probably was someone else planning to attack as well... there always is.

As for the natives themselves, it would have taken them somewhere between 2 - 5 minutes to refound AFTER they realized their region CTE'd

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Aeken wrote:
The Sapientia wrote:But they haven't been very polite at all! :blink:

Fuck being polite. When you and your cronies pull bullshit like this, being polite is the least of our concerns, or mine at least.

I couldn't agree with you more.
I am Chrinthanium
"Mr. Humprhies, come sit next to me and give me a baby."
Gallade wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:I don't eat ponies. I'm not interested in crapping rainbows all night.

Either live up to negative stereotypes or GTFO, R!

Benshir wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Brazilian Ji Jitsu

Remember, it's only gay if you make eye contact.

Gallade wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Guess the potatoes are going to be expensive this season.

Ach, that will drive up the price of Irish beef here when we have to make up for the loss.

Thanks R, you've singlehandedly destroyed the EU.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Aeken wrote:

Fuck being polite. When you and your cronies pull bullshit like this, being polite is the least of our concerns, or mine at least.

R the Zombie wrote:
Aeken wrote:Fuck being polite. When you and your cronies pull bullshit like this, being polite is the least of our concerns, or mine at least.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I would think being polite is one of your biggest concerns!
After all, that's the only way to get your region back...
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Aeken wrote:

Sap will Say I'm is crony, but I;d at least heartily disagree! And I wasn't much a part even :P Shadow is more a boss than a crony on the other end...

As for others, TBR and Defenders were all busy Trying to get TEK's refound this update, where they too were occupied ;)
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:14 pm

I cant belive that I am talking to you raiders, along with wasting away playing this hellhole called Nationstates, a game which a 5 year old could code better. Good going, Max Barry!
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Canton Empire wrote:I cant belive that I am talking to you raiders, along with wasting away playing this hellhole called Nationstates, a game which a 5 year old could code better. Good going, Max Barry!

Your not one to judge - You were begging me for 15 of my troops so you could raid for us. You need to decide your stance on raiding rather than jumping between good and bad.
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:15 pm

The Sapientia wrote:
Aeken wrote:Fuck being polite. When you and your cronies pull bullshit like this, being polite is the least of our concerns, or mine at least.

R the Zombie wrote:I couldn't agree with you more.

How shall I put this so you can understand it? If I had the choice between living and treating you and people of your ilk with kindness and respect, or spitting every ounce of vile rage in your direction and certain death, I shall chose the latter because I couldn't stomach the former.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:I don't eat ponies. I'm not interested in crapping rainbows all night.

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Ach, that will drive up the price of Irish beef here when we have to make up for the loss.

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:16 pm

The Sapientia wrote:

R the Zombie wrote:I couldn't agree with you more.

Tofulinearity is our region, not that revolting duplicate that is a meter shell of what it used to be. We don't want it. Quit acting like you have some leverage over us. You don't.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Canton Empire wrote:I cant belive that I am ... playing this hellhole called Nationstates

We can't believe you're still playing it either. If it's so awful, why don't you quit and find someplace else to play?

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Canton Empire wrote:I cant belive that I am talking to you raiders, along with wasting away playing this hellhole called Nationstates, a game which a 5 year old could code better. Good going, Max Barry!

Could I see you code a better NS?
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer

The Peoples of Xaer
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples of Xaer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Door's thataway, nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to play. :roll:

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 pm

*shows you the door* While not all appreciate the simplicity of this game, most of us enjoy that facet of our game the most. Now if this game truly drives you to insulting people then I'd suggest a break of your determination on the period of it. A game is a terrible thing to get angry about when we're supposed to be having light hearted fun. :)
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Aeken wrote:Tofulinearity is our region, not that revolting duplicate that is a meter shell of what it used to be. We don't want it. Quit acting like you have some leverage over us. You don't.

I'd rather we just keep it too ;) It's mean to tease.

R the Zombie wrote:How shall I put this so you can understand it? If I had the choice between living and treating you and people of your ilk with kindness and respect, or spitting every ounce of vile rage in your direction and certain death, I shall chose the latter because I couldn't stomach the former.

On an interesting note, when some of your regionmates came to visit Sicarius I actually made friends with one. Mariposa Harry and I had a very good Fallout conversation. The point being, we don't hate the natives. Shadow chose to report some of those that followed through with their initial intent, to spam our RMB, but others behaved nicely. And I at least treated them nicely in return. In the end, as Venco said, it's a game, and you're people too. I've got nothing personal against the person on the other side of this screen...

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Snowfall the Unicorn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Snowfall the Unicorn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Venico wrote:

*shows you the door* While not all appreciate the simplicity of this game, most of us enjoy that facet of our game the most. Now if this game truly drives you to insulting people then I'd suggest a break of your determination on the period of it. A game is a terrible thing to get angry about when we're supposed to be having light hearted fun. :)

Yes because you guys make the game so fun for the rest of us :)

Edit: this is sarcasm.
Last edited by Snowfall the Unicorn on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

Sap will Say I'm is crony, but I;d at least heartily disagree! And I wasn't much a part even :P Shadow is more a boss than a crony on the other end...

As for others, TBR and Defenders were all busy Trying to get TEK's refound this update, where they too were occupied ;)

You know with that in mind, something just tells me that TEK isn't gonna be talking about their The Assassin ShadowX / Volanowsh conspiracy theory anymore:

I mean if their allegations are true, why does that mean that the same person that refounded Tofuline, went ahead and refounded The United Study Group few minutes later?!!!

Oh my, that would be an even bigger slap in the face.

Good thing for them that their theory was alllllll just crazy talk.
Last edited by The Assassin ShadowX on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Snowfall the Unicorn wrote:
Venico wrote:

Hey, you got to meet Ven... Sicarius has done another good deed!

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Venico wrote:

This is akin to me saying that it is fun to beat people with an aluminum baseball bat. While some might enjoy the practice, the person on the receiving end might disagree.
Last edited by R the Zombie on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Snowfall the Unicorn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Snowfall the Unicorn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:25 pm

The Sapientia wrote:
Snowfall the Unicorn wrote:Yes because you guys make the game so fun for the rest of us :)

Hey, you got to meet Ven... Sicarius has done another good deed!

Hey by the way, I may outright insult you and be very friendly to you on and off before the night is done, my master Sheogorath has that effect on me.

You fuckers. :hug:

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:25 pm

Aeken wrote:Tofulinearity is our region, not that revolting duplicate that is a meter shell of what it used to be. We don't want it. Quit acting like you have some leverage over us. You don't.

R the Zombie wrote:How shall I put this so you can understand it? If I had the choice between living and treating you and people of your ilk with kindness and respect, or spitting every ounce of vile rage in your direction and certain death, I shall chose the latter because I couldn't stomach the former.

On an interesting note, when some of your regionmates came to visit Sicarius I actually made friends with one. Mariposa Harry and I had a very good Fallout conversation. The point being, we don't hate the natives. Shadow chose to report some of those that followed through with their initial intent, to spam our RMB, but others behaved nicely. And I at least treated them nicely in return. In the end, as Venco said, it's a game, and you're people too. I've got nothing personal against the person on the other side of this screen...

I wish it didn't have to exist with a purpose such as that, but oh well.

Funnily enough, I'm Mariposa Harry.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Snowfall the Unicorn wrote:Yes because you guys make the game so fun for the rest of us :)

Conflict drives people together or apart. If they survive, they are stronger for it. For every herd, there are the wolves, always picking at the fringes. Targeting the vulnerable. But the herd is stronger for it.

Max said, in what Shadow linked about R&D, that conflict drives people to play.

-------

EDIT: Addquote
R the Zombie wrote:This is akin to me saying that it is fun to beat people with an aluminum baseball bat. While some might enjoy the practice, the person on the receiving end might disagree.

End edit

The difference is, we're not permanently, physically assaulting/harming anyone. You lost a name, that's it. You already intended to refound, hence losing the RMB and such. Your entire community, in fact, had already peacefully moved out, to a singular location for the most part. I'd say this is, in fact, one of the most peaceful ways to raid anywhere.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Snowfall the Unicorn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Snowfall the Unicorn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Aeken wrote:

I wish it didn't have to exist with a purpose such as that, but oh well.

Funnily enough, I'm Mariposa Harry.

PLOT TWIST!

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Snowfall the Unicorn wrote:
Venico wrote:

Conflict is rarely fun for all parties involved. The fun is that you have the opportunity to play the same game we do and defend if you'd like. Or even dabble in the dark arts of raiding. It's much like roleplaying. You may lose a character in a tough battle, but you can keep playing the game. You may lose a region but don't let that discourage you! If I told you the number of regions I lost as a young raider I might just cry out of shame. =P

Keep playing. Learn how to improve. And take the field next time with a stronger hand. :)
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Big whoop. Even Benedict Arnold had friends.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:32 pm

Venico wrote:

Conflict is rarely fun for all parties involved. The fun is that you have the opportunity to play the same game we do and defend if you'd like. Or even dabble in the dark arts of raiding. It's much like roleplaying. You may lose a character in a tough battle, but you can keep playing the game. You may lose a region but don't let that discourage you! If I told you the number of regions I lost as a young raider I might just cry out of shame. =P

Keep playing. Learn how to improve. And take the field next time with a stronger hand. :)

And that's the typical raider response. "Learn how to defend, or, god forbid, learn how to raid so this doesn't happen next time." We didn't force you to play the game our way, but you're goddamned hell-bent on getting us to play it your way. Fuck that.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:36 pm

R the Zombie wrote:And that's the typical raider response. "Learn how to defend, or, god forbid, learn how to raid so this doesn't happen next time." We didn't force you to play the game our way, but you're goddamned hell-bent on getting us to play it your way. Fuck that.

Or protect yourself. As I wrote extensively about right after the report.

Or just move on. Be happy in Tofulinearity.

If you're going to fight, do so with more than words
If you're not going to fight, than many aren't doing a good job of it.

The only "our way" is using the core mechanics of the game, as has been covered. The game's design forces everyone to play "this way" with endo's and delegates, as per the regions section of the FAQ's. The only ones exempt to a degree are school regions. Again, all covered elsewhere.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay