NATION

PASSWORD

Sicarius News - Silly Cypher or Serious Symbol?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:19 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Once again, Gameplay pretends to care that tagging is relevant.

Once again, defender claims that tagging is irrelevant for a method of practice and building organisation.

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 am

Coraxion wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Once again, Gameplay pretends to care that tagging is relevant.

Once again, defender claims that tagging is irrelevant for a method of practice and building organisation.

Well it is Timmy Tim Tim after all, and considering whom he is now and whom he once was, hypocrisy and treachery is quite expected of him.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:22 am

Tagging ISN'T relevant. It's the same as broadcasting about practice runs. You don't hear sports teams going "Yeah, we did real good warming up today. We may be the best warmer uppers there are!"

Tagging is vital for training updaters and keeping activity going in raider regions, but as far as being relevant? Nope.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:31 am

Yes yes Dear Ven.

When There are 20-30 Tag raiders Tag raiding same regions consequently Update after Update, it's not irrelevant. I say it again aloud as the Dichotomy of so called Tag raiding and All kind of other raiding (What these real raids are after all?) is arbitrary and artificial, not based on what is in theory possible, but what and how people has learned to see these things.

Of Course, Tag raiding is good method for studying... Raiding. If not only.

EDIT: Uh... Sicarius fellows. Forgive me. This is going off topic in this thread. However, Happy Hunting On The Tag Fields! :)
Last edited by Coraxion on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:11 pm

Wonder when there'll be a Sicarius occpuation for me to liberate? :p
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Applebania wrote:Wonder when there'll be a Sicarius occpuation for me to liberate? :p

I obviously won't give you our schedule :P I will say this though! If you go back to the days when the upper staff were all TEK, and we had that one operation where we were set in a region for about a week, where I was at the helm every major, I threw back quite a few attempts. On the last day, it would have been iffy - there were three or four more endo's on the defender point than I had on our lead - but it didn't matter anyways because a bunch of bigger raiders came in with even more men and much better timing :P

Now

Take the same people in charge (minus Neph), add some help from some friends because we aren't isolationist like they are, along with better planning, and remove the idea of an attack from other raiders (other than TEK, COF, or the EMP..but I'm not too worried about those ;) ) .... and as I said, good luck. It'd make for some interesting nights, at the least!
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:47 pm

I've repelled plenty of liberation attempts, thank you.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Nephmir wrote:I've repelled plenty of liberation attempts, thank you.

Well, the "minus neph" part was factual, and if it was the "not too worried bit" you were referring to...it's an attack I'm not worried about ;)

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Coraxion wrote:Yes yes Dear Ven.

When There are 20-30 Tag raiders Tag raiding same regions consequently Update after Update, it's not irrelevant. I say it again aloud as the Dichotomy of so called Tag raiding and All kind of other raiding (What these real raids are after all?) is arbitrary and artificial, not based on what is in theory possible, but what and how people has learned to see these things.

Of Course, Tag raiding is good method for studying... Raiding. If not only.

EDIT: Uh... Sicarius fellows. Forgive me. This is going off topic in this thread. However, Happy Hunting On The Tag Fields! :)

This is this the most activity we've had on our thread...
We should be thanking you instead...
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm

You guys go right ahead and discuss the relevance of this and that all you want till the cows come home. I'm gonna keep tagging and keep posting the reports and other regional news here.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:07 pm

The Assassin ShadowX wrote:You guys go right ahead and discuss the relevance of this and that all you want till the cows come home. I'm gonna keep tagging and keep posting the reports and other regional news here.

C'mon Shadow :P You don't have to like chatting in the forums yourself, but we find it fun...and it doesn't stop any of us from tagging right next to you. It also keep the thread up high in Gameplay, increasing one method of publicity and therefore potential newbies. :geek: Ya' don't have to be snarky about it...
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Sicarius News Bot
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicarius News Bot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Good day fellow Assassins, I bring you more Battle Reports from the land across the ocean. Theme music!

Despite the fact that there were no official plans for a raid this very update, the Assassins decided in the last minute to venture into the unknown, capturing 22 regions in the process.

Though the data the Assassins had were outdated, they had served their purpose well nonetheless. The Assassins also visited Disney world on their tour, and enjoyed all the rides before raiding the most magical place on Earth.

The following gallant assassins entered battle on the 30th of June, 2014:

The Assassin ShadowX
Ever-Wandering Souls

And to them fell the following regions:

-Disney world
-Sovet union
-Vegetableland
-Anfield
-Iriel
-The Aison Collaboration
-Luna
-Constanta
-The Archipelago of Independant Nations
-Hollywoodland
-Platonic Praxis
-Farkers Cove
-West Oceania
-HUD
-Area 11
-Israphel
-Nacion Botin Rojo
-The Home of the Awesome
-Vorlon
-RoHo Fo Show
-The Wasted Lands
-Union of Allied States

LONG LIVE SICARIUS!

P.S: I encourage everyone to discuss the relevance of this report, and I will pretend to care alllll about that. GO!
Last edited by Sicarius News Bot on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicarius News Bot
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicarius News Bot » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:02 am

Greetings, All! A new voice today brings news of a strange occurrence... Music!

T'was Christmas Eve, and a lonely Assassin was sitting in the local tavern, moping about the fact that *the only update he could make for a week* had *nobody else ready*. Twiddling his thumbs and staring into the dregs of his latest cup of tea, he suddenly noticed the sound of four horses passing the tavern at inexplicably urgent speeds! Following stealthily, he noted that they were preparing to reclaim property once theirs, since seized by a newcomer, who was now asleep. Alas, there was nothing he could do alone, so he headed back for the tavern....when who did he run into but The Sapientia! They began chatting, but they were still short men. Sending out hawks to their friends, it was soon discovered that Valrifell would help, but The Assassin ShadowX could not. Still short troops, they dejectedly continued towards the tavern. Entering, they noted the presence of the fierce warrior of Cimmeria, Coraxion! Though "6 beers drunk now," She was more than willing to lend a hand. Determined now, they set off, picking up Cora's friend Volanowsh along the way. Setting forth in an act of bloody charity, they defended that home upon Christmas morn from evil men in red suits and their accomplices, while also giving the inhabitant a warning to keep better watch over their house. Left now with the spirit of the fight, part of the merry band decided to go and seek more combat! Though completely unprepared and without a map, they managed to seize three homes and slaughter a sheep!

The following gallant assassins entered battle on the minor update of 30th of June, 2014:

Ever-Wandering Souls
Valrifell
The Sapientia

Along with special TBR guests:

Coraxion
Volanowsh

The following military actions occurred:

- Christmas
was held in raider hands by Souls, Val, Sap, and Cora

<20 minutes pass while we decide whether or not to tag, who'll go find some targets, and switchers are prepped>

-The Sixth Reich
-The New Empire Of Gallifrey
-Free Flyers Association
Were tagged by Souls, Cora, and Volanowsh with no predetermined targets, switchers prepped on the fly, and using only NS++ times (man those things are bad...)

LONG LIVE SICARIUS!

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:14 am

I wonder why Volanowsh doesn't raid at the same time as ShadowX, yet both are active raiders in their regions. How peculiar.

I'd like to see you all raid without TBR backing you up, just once.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:20 am

Sicarius News Bot wrote:

Good day fellow Assassins, I bring you more Battle Reports from the land across the ocean. Theme music!

Despite the fact that there were no official plans for a raid this very update, the Assassins decided in the last minute to venture into the unknown, capturing 22 regions in the process.

Though the data the Assassins had were outdated, they had served their purpose well nonetheless. The Assassins also visited Disney world on their tour, and enjoyed all the rides before raiding the most magical place on Earth.

The following gallant assassins entered battle on the 30th of June, 2014:

The Assassin ShadowX
Ever-Wandering Souls

And to them fell the following regions:

-Disney world
-Sovet union
-Vegetableland
-Anfield
-Iriel
-The Aison Collaboration
-Luna
-Constanta
-The Archipelago of Independant Nations
-Hollywoodland
-Platonic Praxis
-Farkers Cove
-West Oceania
-HUD
-Area 11
-Israphel
-Nacion Botin Rojo
-The Home of the Awesome
-Vorlon
-RoHo Fo Show
-The Wasted Lands
-Union of Allied States

LONG LIVE SICARIUS!

P.S: I encourage everyone to discuss the relevance of this report, and I will pretend to care alllll about that. GO!

Umm...look one report up?

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:21 am

My previous statement still stands.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:26 am

Nephmir wrote:My previous statement still stands.

Well soooooory if Sap and I are rarely both on when Shadow isn't, and that you insist he's TBR :P I'll have you know that this all started out with numero uno, who then grabbed Sap and Val, and Cora only jumped in because we we chatting about something else and she mentioned she had a ton of puppets and the hour free, but no TBR raid was going down. Then, in the middle of the raid Volanowsh came onto skype, so Cora added him to out chat. In this case at the least, it's not them back us, but them joining an active raid because they had none...
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:27 am

At least TBR and Sicarius can raid on minor recently, TEK can't :P

But seriously, 8 minutes early for some jumps. And we did get one back on you.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Volanowsh
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Volanowsh » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:29 am

If I remember correctly, ShadowX was on Skype with us when I was there as well, but let TEK rage and make all the conspiracies about it... meanwhile, no one actually cares.

Attached: GIF I made a while back and forwarded it to some people in Sic, TEK, and TBR.

Last edited by Volanowsh on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:32 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:At least TBR and Sicarius can raid on minor recently, TEK can't :P

Ah, yes, you traced Sap's puppet back. He didn't notice that until it was too late :P We considered reinforcing that old op, mostly used as a WA sink between missions, but decided to try to tag instead ;)

[12:57:29 PM] Sapientia: God damnit
[12:57:46 PM] Sapientia: I knew I shouldn't have used my stealth raid puppet for this
[12:58:00 PM] Sapientia: DYP took delegacy
[12:58:22 PM] Ever-Wandering Souls: don't you mean DYCB? :P
[12:58:55 PM] Sapientia: I honestly didn't care about this raid
[12:59:12 PM] Sapientia: It was more 'lets see if we can destroy a 20-somethin region with 3 people'

As for the early bit...THE SAD PART WAS THAT WASN'T ALWAYS ENOUGH~ We still missed more than we got going on a three+ minute early jump from NS++times......

Edit: and yes, Shadow was online at the time. I believe he was just off doing RL college stuff ;)
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:42 am

Volanowsh wrote:If I remember correctly, ShadowX was on Skype with us when I was there as well, but let TEK rage and make all the conspiracies about it... meanwhile, no one actually cares.

Attached: GIF I made a while back and forwarded it to some people in Sic, TEK, and TBR.

That still makes me laugh more than a normal person should...
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:56 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:At least TBR and Sicarius can raid on minor recently, TEK can't :P

Don't laugh My Dear BattleSheep. 8 minutes give good time explain how important it is and how to do, perfect Sheep Kill.

Sorry, I missed you this time. You're fast and I know You know I try Always add Some Fendas to My Body Count (WA-Kills), if possible. I try keep sure others will learn that Behavior too. :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Last edited by Coraxion on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Ah, yes, you traced Sap's puppet back. He didn't notice that until it was too late :P We considered reinforcing that old op, mostly used as a WA sink between missions, but decided to try to tag instead ;)

I saw it a few hours beforehand. If i'm online i tend to go back through the last few hours of WA apps/moves. Its amazing the amount of people you can catch.
Coraxion wrote:Sorry, I missed you this time. You're fast and I know You know I try Always add Some Fendas to My Body Count (WA-Kills), if possible. I try keep sure others will learn that Behavior too.

You'll have to be really fast to catch me before i switch ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Ah, yes, you traced Sap's puppet back. He didn't notice that until it was too late :P We considered reinforcing that old op, mostly used as a WA sink between missions, but decided to try to tag instead ;)

I saw it a few hours beforehand. If i'm online i tend to go back through the last few hours of WA apps/moves. Its amazing the amount of people you can catch.
Coraxion wrote:Sorry, I missed you this time. You're fast and I know You know I try Always add Some Fendas to My Body Count (WA-Kills), if possible. I try keep sure others will learn that Behavior too.

You'll have to be really fast to catch me before i switch ;)

Obviously there's all the world activity sorts for endo's, moves, etc....but there's also this, for changes in delegacy. It's probably somewhere else too, but meh. https://nationstatesplusplus.net/wa

(Yes. I just tried to give a defender a potential hand. I think we can all agree more competition is a *good* thing, no?)

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Festavo
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Festavo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Venico wrote:Tagging ISN'T relevant. It's the same as broadcasting about practice runs. You don't hear sports teams going "Yeah, we did real good warming up today. We may be the best warmer uppers there are!"

Tagging is vital for training updaters and keeping activity going in raider regions, but as far as being relevant? Nope.

That is true. Tag raiding is just a warm up for occupations an other more important operations
Knight in The Eternal Knights
Minister of Defense in Coalition of Freedom
Former Minister of Defense in The Eternal Knights
Former Private First Class in The Black Riders
One proven fact: moderators suck

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay