NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Knights: Farewell Address

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:18 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Riftend wrote:I feel unlike the rest that i'm rather realistic on the matter. I can't fathom any possible way we would ever bring down TBR - doesn't change the fact I fight for the cause. For sure it's a noble cause but I just feel it's a little far fetched - and even fi we did get TBR gone; than what? We become the new force that pisses off the NS community? There is always going to be one organisation doing it...

EDIT: Spelling mistake

Noble? lol
Actually,you're quite on your way to be the new people that piss off the NS community,you already piss off the GP community

Riftend wrote:That was completely CoF - nothing to do with TEK. Yes we have quiet a few member who hold dual citizenship but it was completely separate to TEK and they had no knowledge about it until a matter of minutes before it went down. CoF unlike TEK happily raids out of revenge and malicious intent - If I don't like someone (*cough cough*Foreign Relations DIpstach*cough cough*) I have no issues in stomping them out.

So what I mean to say is well~

Let CoF have the GDU incident as it's own...

Both members of CoF that were in the incident were TEK members,and TEK briefly commended it before withdrawing it
I could have sworn CoF was a bigger militairy alliance (like FRA in structure),might just have remembered that wrong

Also,whats your beef with The Darwin Allied Republics ? it makes for a weird situation with Darwinish Brentsylvania though

Hes allied with tek,but also a general in DAR while being a UDL member

So is he friendly with TEK,neutral with UDL or enemy with DAR?

It is a rather noble cause I think - I just don't feel it'll ever be achieved. I think NS is better off with TBR than without them. I was creating a larger military alliance which have somewhat disbanded at the current time due to it needing a lot of work - time I don't currently have. I do plan on continuing it though.

The GDU incident was all CoF. Those in TEK were acting from a position in CoF. More to the point it was Festavo and me..both of us been around in CoF since the beginning. It is a CoF thing - I don't think we should ever tie TEK into the matter.

DAR...my stance on them? Well....My stance is questionable.
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:22 am

Blood Wine wrote:Actually,you're quite on your way to be the new people that piss off the NS community,you already piss off the GP community

Can you elaborate on that please? CoF or TEK?
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Festavo
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Festavo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 am

Riftend wrote:I feel unlike the rest that i'm rather realistic on the matter. I can't fathom any possible way we would ever bring down TBR - doesn't change the fact I fight for the cause. For sure it's a noble cause but I just feel it's a little far fetched - and even fi we did get TBR gone; than what? We become the new force that pisses off the NS community? There is always going to be one organisation doing it...

EDIT: Spelling mistake

Thanks for helping morale
Knight in The Eternal Knights
Minister of Defense in Coalition of Freedom
Former Minister of Defense in The Eternal Knights
Former Private First Class in The Black Riders
One proven fact: moderators suck

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:02 am

Riftend wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:Actually,you're quite on your way to be the new people that piss off the NS community,you already piss off the GP community

Can you elaborate on that please? CoF or TEK?

Both
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Eula
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Eula » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:11 am

The OP for this thread is gorgeous. Even if you've used Spartans instead of knights, and chavved the picture on the left, picture on the right text thing from the Spiritan thread. 10/10 for the drop down menu, and the dividers are a solid 8.

Overall, 9/10 would plagiarise.
<Mishima>: that pro dick gayfag charak guy said it
<Zaolat>: Charax, you're my favourite anti-hero

Sworn to Baelish

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am

Eula wrote:The OP for this thread is gorgeous. Even if you've used Spartans instead of knights, and chavved the picture on the left, picture on the right text thing from the Spiritan thread. 10/10 for the drop down menu, and the dividers are a solid 8.

Overall, 9/10 would plagiarise.

Spiritan thread?

Eh, I've been meaning to update the information anyway. Maybe I'll do that sometime today.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:13 pm

dat ass BB code

#swaggynerds
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:54 am

« The first Invader region has fallen »

Six and a half months ago, Epigamia was given three days to surrender, or their region would be the first Invader region to fall.

They laughed. They mocked.

They password protected the region.

Nephmir was already inside.

The region had a population of 30 members with an active founder and a password. Their astounding success for destroying regions amounted to the destruction of 20 regions by their forces.

The password was given to Nephmir's sleeper/"native" puppet, as he was given permission to recruit. A fellow TEK member was recruited, who moved in and endorsed Nephmir. After becoming delegate at major, Nephmir kindly asked for the endorsement to be removed, and it was done.

Just before the Minor update, the founder was lead out of the region, allowing delegate access to become executive, and the destruction began. The nations were ejected, the region was password protected to slow down the founder, and the region CTEd within 5 seconds after emptied, leaving the refound clean and Defender-free.

The first Invader region, with an active founder, password, and non-executive delegate position, has fallen.

« 21 day occupation comes to an end! »

Although slightly longer than expected due to some complications, The Eternal Knights, with aid from our allies in Coalition of Freedom and Aura Hyperia, seized and emptied The United Study Group of remaining inactive puppets and natives after the active natives fled to The Remnants of The United Study Group when their founder was deleted. The region, initially seized by Sicarius on a "Stealth Raid", was set for destruction as an easy Raider target. The Defenders later arrived on the scene to clean up, but later left and abandoned the region, only to be seized again by the same organization within a single update after departing. Nephmir and NoblePhnx quickly seized the region before it could be captured again, removed the TEK sleeper from the ban list, and immediately transferred endorsements over to the new nation, calling in reinforcements, without facing any resistance.

No counter-raid or liberation was attempted. (Special thanks to Riftend for unnecessarily manning the ban hammer for a week). When we realized that nobody was going to oppose us, we stopped defending the region altogether, with still no recapture attempted.

The region will be refounded and the puppet transferred to the founder of The Remnants of The United Study Group.

« Population Surge »

The Eternal Knights hit an all-time high population record of 155 and growing! This has resulted from a mix of recruitment efforts from Vom Leben, Riftend, and Nephmir. In addition, the forums have recently hit 40 members, leading to a slight activity spike and a new record in military participants!

« Foreign Relations »

Thanks to efforts from all of the Regional Officers, TEK has extended its hand out to many regions, establishing many alliances, including establishing a consulate/forum embassy with Osiris and Balder. A treaty with Ainur to establish a basis for organizing joint-military operations has also been formed (with special thanks to NoblePhnx for drafting the original treaty). You can view the final signed treaty here.

« Minutemen "Division" Established »

Due to some requests of aid in defending regions from various allies, a new volunteer division, The Minutemen, has been established to help liberate regions after they have been raided. Members of this division simply insert a puppet into the protectorate region(s), and if the region is raided, the order is given to switch to those nations within the region and endorse the previous native or allied delegate nation until reinforcements can arrive or the Raider delegate wastes all of his or her influence ejecting all of the nations. This allows a use of already existing resources, without over-extending the TEK forces.

Protectorate regions are not announced publicly unless the region chooses to announce it.
Last edited by Nephmir on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:19 am

This....This is some real news from TEK. :P So *that's* where you all disappeared to! ;)

I will say, if I remember correctly, us going into TUSG was either a tag or "I think that's a Neph-puppet, lets hit it for fun!" I wouldn't call it a ... "stealth raid?"

May not agree with some of what you've done, but I can still say that seems to have been some decent trickery in your first bulletin. Two questions- Was the military activity there beforehand all from the two sleepers, or was it independently created by the natives? Should we be scared that you might be coming for all those who left you, next? :P I don't think val would leave.... xP
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:32 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:This....This is some real news from TEK. :P So *that's* where you all disappeared to! ;)

If only I could announce all of it!

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I will say, if I remember correctly, us going into TUSG was either a tag or "I think that's a Neph-puppet, lets hit it for fun!" I wouldn't call it a ... "stealth raid?"

If I recall correctly, The Sapientia lead the raid. I didn't even know of the region's existence until I saw someone give away the raid on your RMB. *shrugs*

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:May not agree with some of what you've done, but I can still say that seems to have been some decent trickery in your first bulletin. Two questions- Was the military activity there beforehand all from the two sleepers, or was it independently created by the natives? Should we be scared that you might be coming for all those who left you, next? :P I don't think val would leave.... xP

I believe they destroyed 7-10 before I stepped in. The sleeper was placed, get this, two months before TEK even existed; it's been there since the region was founded, almost.

I was the only "foreigner" in there; the rest were from some other community site, and I believe knew each other IRL. They could easily call the founder if something went wrong, and so I had to wait until the exact right time to strike, by studying the activity patterns of the founder and the delegate before he CTEd. I've been training and practicing destroying small and dead founder/less/ regions in preparation for this operation over the past month as well. Thanks to Festavo for helping me practice and allowing me to destroy the region in 7 seconds flat :p.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:49 am

Absolutely love how much my name came up in that post xD
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:18 am

I must congratulate you on your success, but yet what founder would be stupid enough to leavw llhis region during an update/with a delegate?
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:49 am

You'd be surprised, actually. Epigamia only knew how to do stealth raiding; they had no idea what updates are. Many regions don't.

Regardless, despite the odds, we moved in on an invalid raiding target, and destroyed it. In the end, that's one less Invader region running around. Onto the next target!
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:58 am

Nephmir wrote:You'd be surprised, actually. Epigamia only knew how to do stealth raiding; they had no idea what updates are. Many regions don't.

Regardless, despite the odds, we moved in on an invalid raiding target, and destroyed it. In the end, that's one less Invader region running around. Onto the next target!

I never heard of this invaders.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 am

Yeah, I gotta say, I've been around r/d for about... 3 going on 4 years now, never heard of this guys...

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:31 am

Tag. It's an interesting thread to read.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Rhina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rhina » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:33 am

I'm not a huge fan of destroying Founder regions, regardless of their alignment. Still, I've at least gotta admire the prep work.
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:04 pm

Wow, I thought Epigamia would never fall!

I've never even heard of them.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Nierr wrote:Yeah, I gotta say, I've been around r/d for about... 3 going on 4 years now, never heard of this guys...

Doesn't surprise me; all they did was Stealth Raiding, (sometimes even raiding with their mains for the spite of it), and they never announced their victories beyond editing an old dispatch. Just because a region isn't well known doesn't mean it's not significant.

Granted, it was a relatively unimportant region in the grand scheme of things; however, it gives us something to stand on, and is a great start to begin working our way up to bigger and better targets. In the long run, the preparations strengthened us, and we've only grown stronger by eliminating our first Invader region, especially considering the amount of training and work involved.

I am satisfied with this success so far, and more is to come soon.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Nierr wrote:Yeah, I gotta say, I've been around r/d for about... 3 going on 4 years now, never heard of this guys...

Doesn't surprise me; all they did was Stealth Raiding, (sometimes even raiding with their mains for the spite of it), and they never announced their victories beyond editing an old dispatch. Just because a region isn't well known doesn't mean it's not significant.

Granted, it was a relatively unimportant region in the grand scheme of things; however, it gives us something to stand on, and is a great start to begin working our way up to bigger and better targets. In the long run, the preparations strengthened us, and we've only grown stronger by eliminating our first Invader region, especially considering the amount of training and work involved.

I am satisfied with this success so far, and more is to come soon.

I know pretty much all invader regions that take part in Real invasions in this game. And I never heard of them

This smells fishy

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Nephmir wrote:

Just because a region isn't well known doesn't mean it's not significant.

Granted, it was a relatively unimportant region in the grand scheme of things

Not relatively. Purely unimportant. You crashed a region that has never worked with anyone, by the sounds of it.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Nierr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:20 pm

A region that with a cursory look at NSDossier shows didn't really raid rather than refound regions.

That's not really raiding.

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Nierr wrote:A region that with a cursory look at NSDossier shows didn't really raid rather than refound regions.

That's not really raiding.

Refounding CTEd regions

Nierr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Quite.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:47 pm

They'd always let their puppets in their trophies CTE and then refound them again; you'd have to go back a little further.

Anyway, my final words on the matter: They raided, they were tagged "Invader", and taught new members how to raid, hence they were a Raider region, simple as that. We are still not strong enough to face Raider Unity (for now), so why not start with the groups that aren't a part of it? We have to start somewhere, and that was merely the first step on a long journey. It only gets better after this.

Criticism and loophole searching is still welcome, of course, I just won't respond to it :p
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay