NATION

PASSWORD

An Appeal for Help

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 am

Actually, 10000 Islands was the first place and only place I've asked. I telegrammed Grub but got no response.

Maybe you'd have already been liberated by now, if you had asked an organization that actually does something.
Last edited by Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
|Official Religious Guide of Sapphire (Ret.)|
|---------------------(\I/)--------------------|
|----------------------------------------------|

Hygelac
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hygelac » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini wrote:
Actually, 10000 Islands was the first place and only place I've asked. I telegrammed Grub but got no response.

Maybe you'd have already been liberated by now, if you had asked an organization that actually does something.

I've asked the regions you suggested and have received no reply from one, and a rejection from another. Thanks for your help though :)

EDIT: There seem to be defenders attempting to help but they come staggered and very conspicuously, and are quickly ejected and banned.
Last edited by Hygelac on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Hygelac wrote:
Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini wrote:Maybe you'd have already been liberated by now, if you had asked an organization that actually does something.

I've asked the regions you suggested and have received no reply from one, and a rejection from another. Thanks for your help though :)

I should have told you to contact Wintreath. I wasn't aware at the time that the other defender regions I suggested were busy trying to be assimilated into the Borg FRA Rangers.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Hygelac wrote:
Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini wrote:Maybe you'd have already been liberated by now, if you had asked an organization that actually does something.

EDIT: There seem to be defenders attempting to help but they come staggered and very conspicuously, and are quickly ejected and banned.

You're very welcome. I'm sorry that my suggestions were of no use, but I wish you luck.

New Bradfordsburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 13, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

too bad

Postby New Bradfordsburg » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:21 pm

It's too bad that your region has been invaded Hygelac....it was vulnerable as soon as it became founderless, however.

But I will say, it doesn't say much about the state of defending if this can go on for days without a solid response. :unsure:

I would offer help from Dux Milan, but we are new, and we are still weak.
Last edited by New Bradfordsburg on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
General Ramses Pualani (he, him)
Regent for the Lýderis of The Evergreen Repubic

➲eclansburg Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Founder's Office

Hygelac
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hygelac » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:13 pm

I was just banned and ejected. They claim I am an invader from NBE. I was in NBE for maybe a few hours, because I got a recruitment telegram from them. The lies they are saying about me are untrue. :(

EDIT: Being a Francophile, I must say the situation feels a lot like the Reign of Terror, which would be pretty cool... if I hadn't just been guillotined. ;)
Last edited by Hygelac on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Bradfordsburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 13, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Bradfordsburg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:46 pm

So then come to Dux Milan....not much to invade with us as we're still non-executive with the delegacy.
General Ramses Pualani (he, him)
Regent for the Lýderis of The Evergreen Repubic

➲eclansburg Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Founder's Office

Hygelac
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hygelac » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:04 pm

New Bradfordsburg wrote:So then come to Dux Milan....not much to invade with us as we're still non-executive with the delegacy.

Your help in this matter is very much appreciated. Your shameless and incessant recruitment is not.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Hmm, looks like they are banning natives in an attempt to refound the region. Not a fan.

Have you attempted to rally your fellow natives? I wouldn't wait on Defender help, they're not coming. Better try and save yourself.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Hygelac
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hygelac » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Hmm, looks like they are banning natives in an attempt to refound the region. Not a fan.

Have you attempted to rally your fellow natives? I wouldn't wait on Defender help, they're not coming. Better try and save yourself.

I am actually in the process of doing so now. A fellow native is also doing the same, within the region.

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Justice Hast been Served.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Hygelac
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hygelac » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Hobbesistan wrote:Justice Hast been Served.

Thank you everyone! :)

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Told you that I, the UDL, and our friends from many other organizations would come through!
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

You're welcome, from Lazarus.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Wintermoot
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Wintermoot » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:42 pm

And Wintreath. Glad defending could come through for you. :)
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

The Saturnian Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saturnian Republic » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm curious, which region actually turned you down? :blink:
FRA Representative, San Francisco Bay Area
Regional Assembly Representative, Spiritus
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Spiritus
Deputy Minister of Defence, Spiritus
Lieutenant, United Defenders League
High Mage of Conjurational Summoning, Spiritus Defence Force
Defender/Raider: -18
Cosmopolitan/Regionalist: -1.5
Saeturn Valerius Liberalis
Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
-Elie Wiesel
Frattastan: Someone just give (Osiris) a founder and block regional controls.
Sedge: I'd prefer the admins to officially recognise their status as a warzone.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:22 am

The Saturnian Republic wrote:I'm curious, which region actually turned you down? :blink:

Well, here are the suggestions I made:

ForeStarnya, Admiral of the Red Fleet, would probably be a good person to contact. It wouldn't hurt to talk to Misley, as well.
I wish you all luck!

One turned him down, and one never responded. I wonder which is which.

Hygelac
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hygelac » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:03 am

The Saturnian Republic wrote:I'm curious, which region actually turned you down? :blink:

ForeStarnya, Admiral of the Red Fleet, would probably be a good person to contact. It wouldn't hurt to talk to Misley, as well.
I wish you all luck!

ForeStarnya refused. I deleted his telegram, but his response was to the effect of "get your own natives to join the WA and do it." Misley never responded.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:12 am

Hygelac wrote:

ForeStarnya refused. I deleted his telegram, but his response was to the effect of "get your own natives to join the WA and do it." Misley never responded.

Ah. It's understandable that Misley wouldn't, since he's trying to handle his own regional crisis.

I find it rude, however, that ForeStarnya, the leader of The Red Fleet, would not only turn you down, but also have the nerve to suggest something so futile. I suppose he isn't really dedicated to his supposed cause, eh? Quite distasteful.

Anyways, good luck with your newly freed region. :)

Hygelac
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hygelac » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:08 am

Is there any chance I could find out which organizations ended up coming to our aid?

Anumia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 am

Congratulations on getting your region back. :)

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:39 am

Hygelac wrote:Is there any chance I could find out which organizations ended up coming to our aid?

I will get you a list shortly.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

ForeStarnya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ForeStarnya » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Hygelac wrote:

Ah. It's understandable that Misley wouldn't, since he's trying to handle his own regional crisis.

I find it rude, however, that ForeStarnya, the leader of The Red Fleet, would not only turn you down, but also have the nerve to suggest something so futile. I suppose he isn't really dedicated to his supposed cause, eh? Quite distasteful.

Anyways, good luck with your newly freed region. :)

Where do you think TRF units are currently deployed?
Honestly the (lack of) intelligence of some people never ceases to amaze.
All TRF operations other than securing TI are on hold.
Which is good news for all the fascists, not so good for all who chose to ignore our constant and repeated warnings over the last three years to assist in this struggle.

So when they kick your regions door in you can thank the apolitical defenders who naively maintained a neutral stance on the fascists to a greater or lesser degree, the allegedly unbiased moderators who deleted La Pasionaria and all of his puppets making multiple regions he was founder of to become vulnerable, not just TI, or you could lay the blame at the door of the apathetic and the arrogant who rather than participate would have you believe that opposing the fascist is somebody else's problem.

TRF do not claim to be the first anti-fascist organisation, nor the only one active in NS, but their is a distinct possibility that TI will be it's last operation.

We won't be around to fight your battles for you much longer, so you will have to find a new scapegoat to target

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:39 pm

All TRF operations other than securing TI are on hold.

Ah, I see. I did not know, and I apologize for it.

So when they kick your regions door in

Which one? I reside in plenty of regions, none of which are weak.

or you could lay the blame at the door of the apathetic and the arrogant who rather than participate would have you believe that opposing the fascist is somebody else's problem.

1) My WA is almost always in use, in a military capacity
2) It's not my problem. I'm neither Fascist nor Communist, I don't particularly care for either, and I don't plan on joining in on your wars. All I did was make a suggestion to someone in need.

We won't be around to fight your battles for you much longer, so you will have to find a new scapegoat to target

Don't worry. You were never fighting my battles, in the first place.
Last edited by Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForeStarnya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ForeStarnya » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Contrary to your own egoism TRF only regards Raiders as a sideshow.

If you care to read the post you might just grasp that we see the fascists as our primary foe.
Raiders/defenders are participants in an apolitical struggle which could be at best described as amoral, at worst immoral. It is your chosen sphere, and is incongruous with our objectives

You act dependant on which side of the raider/defender divide you fall, we act according to which side of the left/right political divide we fall. Both definitions are abstracts and equally valid in terms of Gameplay, sometimes objectives converge, sometimes they diverge.

Comparing the two however is like comparing Apples and Oranges

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay