NATION

PASSWORD

Eastern Pacific News Service

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:21 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:I think it's worth looking at who has been recently advising Aelitia (Dalimbar), and who is defending Aelitia's actions (Mallorea and Riva, Pergamon), in helping to reach a conclusion about the propriety of Aelitia's actions.

From what I can see, the Delegate didn't do anything 'illegal' according to the laws of TEP, something that has been acknowledged by those that disagree with the action itself. So what's your point?
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 am

Pierconium wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I think it's worth looking at who has been recently advising Aelitia (Dalimbar), and who is defending Aelitia's actions (Mallorea and Riva, Pergamon), in helping to reach a conclusion about the propriety of Aelitia's actions.

From what I can see, the Delegate didn't do anything 'illegal' according to the laws of TEP, something that has been acknowledged by those that disagree with the action itself. So what's your point?

Bad guys are friends with Aeletia, so he might be bad.
terrible takes plz ignore

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:36 am

Kitzerland wrote:
Pierconium wrote:From what I can see, the Delegate didn't do anything 'illegal' according to the laws of TEP, something that has been acknowledged by those that disagree with the action itself. So what's your point?

Bad guys are friends with Aeletia, so he might be bad.

Who are these 'bad guys'? From what I can see a nation violated the laws of TEP, was warned, more or less ignored them, coincidentally was friends with the forum admins and some of the ROs who chose to look the other way, and got upset when called on it. Not sure how that makes those supporting the Delegate nation's legal actions the 'bad guys'. But, sure, whatever.
Last edited by Pierconium on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:40 am

Pierconium wrote:
Kitzerland wrote:Bad guys are friends with Aeletia, so he might be bad.

Who are these 'bad guys'? From what I can see a nation violated the laws of TEP, was warned, more or less ignored them, coincidentally was friends with the forum admins and some of the ROs who chose to look the other way, and got upset when called on it. Not sure how that makes those supporting the Delegate nation's legal actions the 'bad guys'. But, sure, whatever.

Well, I believe Cormac was insinuating that since people who he finds to be possibly dangerous ("Empire" member, notoriously evil raider, NPO guy) are supporting Aelitia, his actions are therefore perhaps affected by their influence, which I guess he thinks is bad.
terrible takes plz ignore

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:43 am

Kitzerland wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Who are these 'bad guys'? From what I can see a nation violated the laws of TEP, was warned, more or less ignored them, coincidentally was friends with the forum admins and some of the ROs who chose to look the other way, and got upset when called on it. Not sure how that makes those supporting the Delegate nation's legal actions the 'bad guys'. But, sure, whatever.

Well, I believe Cormac was insinuating that since people who he finds to be possibly dangerous ("Empire" member, notoriously evil raider, NPO guy) are supporting Aelitia, his actions are therefore perhaps affected by their influence, which I guess he thinks is bad.

Yes, I'm sure that was his intention. But, it's Cormac. So, meh.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Eastern Pacific News Service
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Happy New Year from EPNS!

Postby Eastern Pacific News Service » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:33 pm

EPNS is back and better than ever in 2018!
The East Pacific News Service
December 31, 2017

Editor's Note: This article was edited especially for NS Gameplay forum readers. The original, unedited version may be found here.

A Message From the Delegate
By Queen Yuno
Hai TEP! Feels weird to be writing something for the New Years release! Especially as your delegate. As you know this year we've done so much! We've been hiring an increasing amount of citizens when you look at the past years. Our Executive ministers are now more active than ever! With replacements lined up in order to keep them active. The transition to having myself as the Delegate was clean and easy thankfully! And lastly I've speared the full setup of having an Executive Government where confirmed citizens of TEP have the chance to get involved in one of our ministries to help progress our region!

I hope you all have a lovely New Year!

2017: A Year in Review
By The Atlae Isles
2017 was a busy year for The East Pacific, let's take a look at what happened that year.

At the beginning of the year, Todd McCloud was Acting Delegate after the elected Delegate Aelitia was removed by the Viziers upon suspicions between Aelitia and another citizen. The suspicions were determined to be without merit and the removal was successfully appealed; leading to the re-assumption of the seat on February 8th. As Delegate, Aelitia issued 14 Executive Orders in total. Shortly after on March 15th issues arose with East Malaysia, a forum admin and a long-time resident in TEP was banjected due to surpassing the endocap, Aelitia received backlash before the Delegate election in which the incumbent Aelitia was defeated by the then-Viceroy Hobbes.

After overseeing the original N-Day on April 1st, Hobbes assumed the Delegacy April 27th. Hobbes first removed the East Pacific from CAIN (Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism), calling into question the organization's objectives. Hobbes then signed the Endorsement Caps Act, repealing the Simplified Endorsement Cap Act (Third Amendment), which was used in the unpopular enforcement of East Malaysia's (temporary) ban from the East Pacific. Hobbes did not sign any executive orders, but he did develop the foreign affairs of the East Pacific, signing the Mutual Aid Treaty Between The Sovereign East Pacific and The Independent Order and the Best Pacifics Treaty between the East Pacific and the West Pacific.

In July, Mexregiona (also known as Mex) was elected Delegate. Although he never fully assumed the Delegate seat, Mex began the reconstruction of the East Pacific’s Executive, appointing many new players into government positions, and the University of the East Pacific (UTEP) was re-established under the Fourth Education Act. However, on August 15th, Mex found that he could not manage the Delegacy due to a lack of time, and resigned the Delegacy, so Aelitia, a Vizier, succeeding him in acting as in-game Delegate.

Then-Viceroy Dalimbar commenced a citizenship audit but disappeared before it was completed. Fellow then-Arbiter Yuno, among others, began finishing the citizenship audit after two weeks. A new Delegate election commenced in September, where Yuno defeated The Oan Isles and Aelitia in the election.

Yuno, as Delegate, re-organized the Executive originally set by Mex (see Executive Office Changes) and raised the endocap from 150 if one endorsed the Delegate and, 15 if they didn’t, to 200 if one endorsed the Delegate, and 20 if they didn't. Article A, Section 3 of the Concordat was also amended, giving the Delegate the prerogative over World Assembly votes rather than being chained to the arbitrary will of non-citizens. Yuno has issued two Executive Orders and opened an Executive Internal Activities Thread in the name of transparency following the contested transfer of the regional Discord server.

2017 (12017 H.E./3754 A.A.) was also a busy year in our favorite roleplay community. After the consequences of the Four Days’ War, the SEPC (South-East Pacific Coalition)'s membership grew in size and reconciled with the FPA (Fire Pact Alliance), which it had fought against in the Four Days’ War, and grew in power.

Meanwhile, in the nation of Laitianburg, terrorists calling themselves "Al-Jaheed" took control of several territories, instilling a brutal regime of terror. When the organization metastasized to the islands of Yor located south of Aurora, the government of Xagrurg, as well as some other nations, deployed forces.

The unhappy military, disillusioned with a long conflict in the islands, as well as problematic government spending, launched a coup, causing the government of the Republic of Xagrurg to flee to Yor and the Greater Xagrurgian Empire (GXE) to be established. The Staynish-Caltharusian Empire (SCE), as well as its allies, then declared war on Xagrurg, launching the Auroran-Pacific War, which was far longer, far more costly, and far more widespread than the Four Days War.

Shortly afterwards, Rurik Lukin in Stratarin, an SEPC nation, was assassinated, allowing Mikhail Starikov to seize power from then-Premier Viktor Drugov and eventually lead to the fracture of the SEPC. Xagrurg invaded Kostoria-Obertonia and Yor, the Atlantian island nations of Charton, Kerlington, Liber Yourvus, and Minedestives declared war on the Atlae Isles, and the SCE invaded Ethalria after the assassination of the Staynish crown prince, Thadeus.

The war did not turn out well for Ethalria and the Atlantian nations that fought the Atlae Isles, Tretrid, Kuthernburg, and Nacata. After a bombing of the Atlaesian naval base of Fort Mercer, the Kerlingtonian Head of State, Viktor Borisyovich, was assassinated, leading to the inept Heinrich von Stadt to take power. Shortly afterwards, the Chartonian Carrier Fleet was completely defeated by the Tretridian and the Atlaesian navy in the aptly-named Operation Payday. Xagrurg and Kostromastan (which had declared its allegiance to the GXE) made peace with its allies, while the Ethalrian capital of Rivendell fell, and its Matriarch, Amalda Harriman, disappeared. Ethalria fractured into smaller states not a long time afterward.

After the end of the Auroran-Pacific War, which had lead to the Auroran Union (AU) to splinter off the Auroran Continental Assembly (ACA), and the Atlantian Alliance (AA) to form from former SEPC nations located in Atlantia. In light of this, the nation of Emberwood Coast held a meeting about counterterrorism and Auroran reconciliation, located in the capital city of Aura, which was the city where negotiations ended the Four Days War one year earlier.

An Interview with Overseeing Officer Elfine
By Tretrid
The following is a transcript of an interview I conducted with the Overseeing Officer of the East Pacific Sovereign Army, General Elfine.

Tretrid: For starters, are you generally satisfied with the current direction of the EPSA? Why or why not?

Elfine: I can say with certainty that I'm satisfied with how EPSA is being run at this time. However, there's still a myriad of changes the organization needs to go through to truly reach its potential. Going into 2018, I should like to see half of our troops being able to effectively trigger and lead ops, and a quarter of those troops in commanding positions.

Tretrid: If there was something EPSA needed to improve on, what would it be?

Elfine: Activity. We've had quite a few good ops over the past couple months, but I'm looking for operations that'll happen on every other day. Of course, getting to that stage is gonna take time and a load of manpower, but I know it's an achievable goal for the agency to reach.

Tretrid: What impact do you think Yuno's delegacy has had on the EPSA?

Elfine: Admittedly, as I wasn't a resident of TEP before Yuno, I can't pass comment on how it was before she came. However, Yuno's heavily promoted it, giving all of our troops opportunities to speak their minds, and allowing the higher-ups freedom in what they wanted to implement. She even went so far as to TG the entire region about our existence! So I'd say she's been great for EPSA.

Tretrid: What are your future plans for EPSA?

Elfine: Work on expansion and troop relations, mainly.

Tretrid: Will you continue letting the EPSA work closely with TWPAF?

Elfine: They're LIT and we're staying with 'em because we benefit from it so do they....I think. Maybe.

Tretrid: Do you have anything to say about The Black Hawks' latest record of 255 tags last major update?

Elfine: It was seriously impressive. I doubt many people on NS could match that if they tried, and it's nice to see that something came out of the Moneyness drama.

Tretrid: And finally, is there anything you would like to say to the readers of EPNS?

Elfine: [Editor's Note: This part has been redacted due to being too lewd. The uncensored version may be viewed on TEP's forum.]

Changes to Various Executive Offices
By Pendragonania
With the growth of the TEP member base, the Executive has seen new changes, new expansion, and new leadership. Below we will cover those changes.

The EPNS has also seen the merger of TEP’s radio channel into EPNS. Pendragonania, former radio chief, now works as the acting Deputy Minister of EPNS.

As a result of Cain moving into managing Foreign Affairs, he has left his previous post in the Ministry of Design absent, and replacing him as the Head of Design is Ike. Ike is an individual known for amazing design projects, immersive graphics, and creating flags for lucky TEP nations. It’s no question that Ike will be well-established in his new post, and will push the boundaries of TEP’s design to places that we’ve never imagined.

The Ministry of Immigration has had administrative changes, with Wonder Woman taking over as Minister and installing Pakitsk as her Deputy Minister. The duo has been toiling to revitalise the Immigration services to be made as efficient and effective as possible. Wonder Woman had this to say when we asked her for any commentary:
"From myself and Pakitsk, we here at the Ministry of Immigration wish you a Happy New Year! Our office is always open! I like to thank Yuno for giving me this opportunity, and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for TEP!!"

Final Words for the Year
By Pendragonania
2017 has brought a lot of change, for both the good and the bad. It's another year where we all grow closer, working together to help support our region and reach achievements that are only possible with our collaboration. What 2017 may mean to each of you will be different, as every one of us has different experiences that we've had over the last 365 days. Some of us have endured hardships or encountered obstacles, while others may have been successful or experienced a pinnacle of life. However, we all share our community, the friends that we can share our experiences with, and the regions we call home. You may have spent your holiday season wrapped up warm with family, or with few and possibly alone. In looking back upon the year, it’s best not to linger on the events which anguish you, but rather celebrate what has gone right, and appreciate what truly matters. No matter the circumstances, New Year’s Day is for looking forward, for putting the past behind you and ensuring your previous successes only continue.

We wish you all the best, and until next time. Stay safe TEP!
The official source for information from the government of The East Pacific.
Forum | Discord | Dispatch

Minister: Rosari

Daxter
Civilian

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Daxter » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Nice update! TEP Love :D

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay