NATION

PASSWORD

In Memoriam

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Evil Lord Sauron wrote:It's only really been in 'decline' since the switch in raider tactics towards update raiding. Previously it was raiders who complained about raids being too easy to spot and it too slanted towards defending. Once the switch to update raiding, mimicking defender liberations from late 2010 early 2011 raiders have seen a marked success. This has led also to a rise in raiders frequenting these forums something that pre-2011 would have been difficult to imagine.

I'm sorry but no, absolutely not. None of the above is correct at all. Raiders have been update raiding since pre-Influence, there was no change it tactics regarding that unless you count raiders getting more accurate in finding the times, and even then we were doing that fairly well in 2008. As far as Invaders not frequenting the forums until about 2011? Simply not true.

Mahaj wrote:That's because your actions are immoral.

The true mark of a Defender Zealot.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Grand Mufti Special
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Mufti Special » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

Now, let's not be silly puppy.

Coraxion wrote:
Wrong. Every action what [sic] can hurt UDL is morally Right thing to do.

Emphasis mine. So if we are playing the Zealot game..... clearly Mahaj isn't winning.

Plus everyone knows Mahaj is not a Zealot. I heard he once made out with a Raider.

Defender zealots wouldn't do that, since they find all raiders icky. :P

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

If only he brought such zealotry to the battlefield, he might make a successful defence every now and then.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Actually, I think it's such zealotry that gets UDL into quite a lot of trouble off the battlefield. Their "I'm a Defender, therefore I'm correct" attitude didn't win them friends in any of the Pacifics, that's for sure.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Mad Jack wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

If only he brought such zealotry to the battlefield, he might make a successful defence every now and then.

Its almost like I'm a sitting delegate after a successful liberation.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Evil Lord Sauron
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Evil Lord Sauron » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Evil Lord Sauron wrote:It's only really been in 'decline' since the switch in raider tactics towards update raiding. Previously it was raiders who complained about raids being too easy to spot and it too slanted towards defending. Once the switch to update raiding, mimicking defender liberations from late 2010 early 2011 raiders have seen a marked success. This has led also to a rise in raiders frequenting these forums something that pre-2011 would have been difficult to imagine.

I'm sorry but no, absolutely not. None of the above is correct at all. Raiders have been update raiding since pre-Influence, there was no change it tactics regarding that unless you count raiders getting more accurate in finding the times, and even then we were doing that fairly well in 2008. As far as Invaders not frequenting the forums until about 2011? Simply not true.

There was update raiding pre-2011 but when you are 5-10 minutes ahead or even after the region has updated, it's a shadow on what we currently see post 2011.

Not quite sure what you are getting at with the links. I didn't say there weren't any raiders on the forums, I said there was a rise in raiders frequenting them post 2011. Leading up to today when you have the more vocal and majority voice (at least on these forums), which was the point I was originally trying to make, but reading back was poorly worded.
Come and join Mordor

Enjoy the Black Gates of Mordor and the fiery pits of Mount Doom

Grand Mufti Special
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Mufti Special » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Actually, I think it's such zealotry that gets UDL into quite a lot of trouble off the battlefield. Their "I'm a Defender, therefore I'm correct" attitude didn't win them friends in any of the Pacifics, that's for sure.

From your forum:

The Raiders

The military strike force and essence of the Lone Wolves United. Targets, seizes, and holds foreign regions to expand our empire. Also home to the mysterious Zealot Wolves.

Give a dog a bone, give a dog a bone....

Me thinks you have forgotten who the true Zealots are supposed to be. :eyebrow:

When did raiders decide they wanted to be cute and cuddly like us? :P
Last edited by Grand Mufti Special on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Mahaj. There are not much space for moral argumentations on the R/D Gameplay in The NationStates. Hard to understand why this is basis of UDL propaganda.

We are fighting for control of some directory addresses here.

How anyone can be so naive to think otherwise? It's Morally Right to do everything to make that Fact Clear to everyone.

No more Defender Fallacies, please. Just make your appearance on the Battle Fields and everything will be fine again. At least more entertaining and more interesting.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Evil Lord Sauron wrote:There was update raiding pre-2011 but when you are 5-10 minutes ahead or even after the region has updated, it's a shadow on what we currently see post 2011.

That's not true either. The Shamrock Union and Halc were doing some of the first tag style raids as early as 2010, also with accuracy within a few seconds.

Grand Mufti Special
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Mufti Special » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Evil Lord Sauron wrote:There was update raiding pre-2011 but when you are 5-10 minutes ahead or even after the region has updated, it's a shadow on what we currently see post 2011.

That's not true either. The Shamrock Union and Halc were doing some of the first tag style raids as early as 2010, also with accuracy within a few seconds.

Also from your region:

8. The Challenge

We're outnumbered, but we sure aren't outgunned. I play RTS and TBS a lot, and frankly I never let myself get into the situation the raiding community is in now, we're completely outmatched, but thats almost the fun part. Every time we win a battle with the fenders its a massive accomplishment.

7. The Theory

Fender tactics essentially boil down to throwing hundreds of men at a region and ejecting the raiders.
Raiders have no such luxury, we have to make up for our crippling lack of manpower by putting it to good use.
I'm not saying Defenders are crap at strategy, its just they have no need to be good at it. Raiders have had to evolve with the times, and coming up with new stratagems is one of the reasons I like to raid.

I think you need to do some revisions on that puppy dog, because the irony is pretty stark.

Today, you are talking about the opposite.

Not to call anyone crap, but those were the words you were throwing around to describe what you are now basically doing.

Evil Lord Sauron
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Evil Lord Sauron » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Evil Lord Sauron wrote: Once the switch to update raiding, mimicking defender liberations from late 2010 early 2011 raiders have seen a marked success.

*bangs head against desk*
Come and join Mordor

Enjoy the Black Gates of Mordor and the fiery pits of Mount Doom

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Wait, Grand Mufti, are you quoting Tikal? :P

Grand Mufti Special wrote:From your forum:

The Raiders

The military strike force and essence of the Lone Wolves United. Targets, seizes, and holds foreign regions to expand our empire. Also home to the mysterious Zealot Wolves.

Give a dog a bone, give a dog a bone....

Me thinks you have forgotten who the true Zealots are supposed to be. :eyebrow:

Well "specially designed group of troops aimed at invading and destroying regions with founders" didn't have the same ring as "Zealot Wolf". ^_^
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Mufti Special
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Mufti Special » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Wait, are you quoting Tikal? :P

Are you not Evil Wolf, leader of Lone Wolves United?

I'm quoting what your region has put out there, given that you are the leader.

Since you are the leader you shouldn't be deflecting onto someone else and should have to explain statements that now no longer apply to the raiding/defending world as they were written at the time, but have presently almost exactly flipped as opposites.

So how do you defend your position with this being the case, when your entire rationale now shifts in the favor of the defender side? :eyebrow:

But yes, I was quoting her :P

Well "specially designed group of troops aimed at invading and destroying regions with founders" didn't have the same ring as "Zealot Wolf". ^_^

Well, you are the Zealots then :P

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Actually, I believe that would more make us Region Destroyers than zealots. Less "fanatical and uncompromising in our beliefs" and more "evil". :p

I should mention that the true name for that interior group is the "Insanity Wolves", and that Zealot Wolves was a name-change that never really caught on. To be honest I think they're both pretty terrible and I am open to suggestions.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Mufti Special
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Mufti Special » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Actually, I believe that would more make us Region Destroyers than zealots. Less "fanatical and uncompromising in our beliefs" and more "evil". :p

You can be the big, bad wolf all you want. That's fine with me. :P

You still haven't explained your now backwards rationale for why raiding is better though. :meh:

Evil Wolf wrote:
I should mention that the true name for that interior group is the "Insanity Wolves", and that Zealot Wolves was a name-change that never really caught on. To be honest I think they're both pretty terrible and I am open to suggestions.

The Not So Scary Cuddly Corps would be my submission, or simply The Big Bad Wolves :P
Last edited by Grand Mufti Special on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Grand Mufti Special wrote:You still haven't explained your now backwards rationale for why raiding is better though. :meh:

You clearly have never been touched by the holy words of Scardino and his mystical teachings nor read the totally-not-the-Communist-Manifesto writings contained in the Wolfist Manifesto.

Our explanation is far better and more truthful than the Defender go-to justification of "Defending is moral because it is." :P

Grand Mufti Special
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Mufti Special » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:51 pm

I never said that.

I just think it is odd how that manifesto has now reversed from being for raiding to for defending on the merits of its own logic :P

Clearly the times have changed, but you will always be the evil puppy dog. :hug:

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Grand Mufti Special wrote:Clearly the times have changed, but you will always be the evil puppy dog. :hug:

..and you're only real Defender around anymore. Real Harm. :hug:

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:58 pm

There's been a marked increase in invader support numbers as well.

A "small" liberation requires 15-20 people (and a failure to show up is considered "embarrassing" - by an opponent who can pull those update numbers only in its very best moments)... that's as large as the largest update operation I did before the birth of UDL.
The largest successful liberation since the introduction of Influence (I think it still is, at least?), Feudal Japan, required months of preparation and had 36 updaters. Those numbers today would hardly be sufficient to liberate a major raid, unless the attempt was made in the first two-three days.

The worst change of all, though, is an ideological one: no invader group bothers anymore with not kicking natives and everyone seems to enjoy casual griefing or threats of griefing whenever possible. >_>
Last edited by Frattastan II on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 pm

TBR and UIAF managed to bring online 16 and 21 updaters this week. TBR brought 9-10 troops online 3 times this week. And we can do better if we have time to prepare. Those statistics were made with 24 hours notice (the 20-21 troops online).

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:44 pm

I can pull thirty updaters online, easy.

But doing it requires so much time that my grades would tank if I did it consistently.

Also this week's updater numbers are a rarity (if they are even true) and you know it.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Mahaj wrote:I can pull thirty updaters online, easy.

Considering that for months your entire contribution to 'pulling' updaters was

>log onto irc
>say "go get people"
>leave and not turn up for update

I'm calling bullshit.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Mahaj wrote:I can pull thirty updaters online, easy. But doing it requires so much time that my grades would tank if I did it consistently.

Based on the frequency you've gathered 30 updaters you must have a 4.0.

Also this week's updater numbers are a rarity (if they are even true) and you know it.

I can assure you that our numbers are truer than you pulling thirty.

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Coraxion wrote:We do not concentrate our time and efforts speaking about morals of our actions, but nearly purely to Practice, tactics etc. relevant to our Activity.

That's because your actions are immoral.

Immoral in what sense?
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Mahaj wrote:I can pull thirty updaters online, easy.

But doing it requires so much time that my grades would tank if I did it consistently.

Heureka. I assume the reason of The Decline of defenderism lies behind your lines here.

It's all about you, you seem thinking. There doesn't happen any practical activities of Defending as long as you're not personally involved to it. That's what I read your comments and arguments. That is also reason we Raiders could consider UDL non-existent now. Natives are already came to that Conclusion. In other words We Raiders won the War against UDL.

There are no UDL named organisation in existence anymore that could pose any kind of resistance.

(Btw. That Horde of Raiders online in Skype caused me lost my temper during aftermath of the raid when we tried research who participated and what...)
Last edited by Coraxion on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay