NATION

PASSWORD

recruitment in player-created regions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Saxavoy
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

recruitment in player-created regions

Postby Saxavoy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:58 am

Dear all,

I'm confused. Is recruiting in player-created regions allowed or not these days?

The game-play advice on the forum still states so, but at the same time warns that the section is "under reconstruction". The new Telegramming rules mention something about tags and filters, but there is NO LINE AT ALL on whether the rule about player-created regions & the recruiter-friendly region's tag has been changed.

Please advise me: is the rule about no recruitment in player-created region without the recruiter-friendly tag still in effect, or has it been all too quietly abolished?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Saxie

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:02 am

It was abolished since the new telegram system allows people to block recruitment TGs.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:59 am

It's allowed by TG.

However RMB recruiting in player-created regions is still forbidden unless they have the 'Recruiter-friendly' tag.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:06 am

Saxavoy wrote:The game-play advice on the forum still states so, but at the same time warns that the section is "under reconstruction".

Link to the relevant post, please?

Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:59 am

I believe he is referring to the guide pinned in this forum:
viewtopic.php?p=2221381#p2221381
The North Polish Union wrote:I am in someone's sig! My life is complete! :p

Saxavoy
Civil Servant

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Saxavoy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates wrote:I believe he is referring to the guide pinned in this forum:

I refer the right honorable senior game moderator to the answer given moments ago by my supremely evil friend.

ErasmoGnome
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ErasmoGnome » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Note, however, that it being allowed does not mean regions will not become supremely annoyed by you doing it. Every player created region works hard for their members, and do not take kindly to them being taken away.
Former President of the Versutian Federation
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
Unless otherwise specified, any posts I make are not representative of the VF

Saxavoy
Civil Servant

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Saxavoy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:46 am

But they cannot take their grievances anywhere, is that right? There is no actionable transgression they can accuse the insistent recruiter of?

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:10 am

Telegram recruiting in UCRs is not violating the rules of the game, if that is what you are asking. But that does not mean regions will not themselves take certain actions against you for it.

TAO the Wanderer
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby TAO the Wanderer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Consular wrote:Telegram recruiting in UCRs is not violating the rules of the game, if that is what you are asking. But that does not mean regions will not themselves take certain actions against you for it.

I don't see that as being true. And without a Mod ruling/decision, we remain in the dark. So ... a question for the Mods: Is TG recruiting in UCRs a violation of Game Rules?
Former Delegate of TWP
CommRanger Creator
Leader of the NTO
Protector of The Cuckoos Egg
Guardian of Secrets (semi-retired)
NON-WA Delegate of TWP, TNP (pending), and OSIRIS. Application for NON-WA Delegate of LAZARUS submitted.

Stop by The Beech Beach House and say 'hello'.

Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:10 pm

TAO the Wanderer wrote:
Consular wrote:Telegram recruiting in UCRs is not violating the rules of the game, if that is what you are asking. But that does not mean regions will not themselves take certain actions against you for it.

I don't see that as being true. And without a Mod ruling/decision, we remain in the dark. So ... a question for the Mods: Is TG recruiting in UCRs a violation of Game Rules?

I am on my phone so I can't find the link. However I can assure its legal.

Edit: found it, from violet herself -> viewtopic.php?p=12786725#p12786725
Last edited by Afforess on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of the Interior, Capitalist Paradise

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 pm

You can send recruiting telegrams to any nation, regardless of the region they're in. Nations can opt-out of receiving such telegrams through their telegram settings.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates wrote:I believe he is referring to the guide pinned in this forum:

Missed this earlier. I've added strikeout formatting to the sections that are no longer accurate. However, I'm not going to reedit Nai's post for them, so permanent changes need to be done by the OP.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay