NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Riders - The Elite Cavalry of NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Oh, the sweet smell of R/D ignorance...
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Aksun wrote:Ok you want me to educate myself? Let me educate you first as you clearly have no understanding of what you are doing.

Raiding: Back in the old days raiding was used to claim resources from a land by force. The inhabitants were killed or their village burned.

Nation states raiding is being made into the same thing from a virtual standpoint. Regions are being burned by people who get fun out of bullying. That is what it is ladies and gents. It is high school bullying all over again in a virtual game.

Enjoy your little "excitement", but I hope you all realize the game will eventually die when you take the fun away from the non-raiders.

Here we go again with the "raiders are bullies" crap again. Such a tired argument. Even Unibot got tired of that schtick eventually, though Mahaj has yet to.

Newsflash hotshot, if you're experiencing emotional trauma over what a bunch of assholes did to you in a video game, you have bigger problems than us.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Jinckus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinckus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:29 pm

In the future TBR, I recommend not attacking inactive allies. It really makes you look bad.
And so They Fell from Light

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Oh, the sweet smell of R/D ignorance...

You're not even a month old, unless that nation isn't your main. You can't claim to be an expert yourself. Get off your high horse.

*You only get one when you've been here longer than a year like I have :P*
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 pm

You are assuming I am feeling any emotion at all or can convey it in text. I am saying I don't approve of the methods used and frankly what is being done is bullying.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Aksun wrote:You are assuming I am feeling any emotion at all or can convey it in text. I am saying I don't approve of the methods used and frankly what is being done is bullying.

You are assuming we feel any emotions at all. Methods of so called 'bullying' are available for All, even for those who really feel some emotions when playing The Game, regardless of do you approve them or not, Dear Aksun.

Your moral outrage is hilarious. Keep up bumbing! :p
Last edited by Coraxion on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aksun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Ah yes those people who treat others like they are below them.

"Dear Aksun."

Do tell me sir, would you like me to scrub your boots for you or are you upset we all are not worshipping you?

Oh wait let me go ahead and acknowledge you as superior for raiding regions. While I am at it let me go ahead and tell people bullying is ok and justifiable because "raiders" say so.
Last edited by Aksun on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Tano wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:Oh, the sweet smell of R/D ignorance...

You're not even a month old, unless that nation isn't your main. You can't claim to be an expert yourself. Get off your high horse.

I guess I don't have to worry, 'cause I never made that claim. :p

And my time here is irrelevant. You don't have to be around NS a long time to realize making this statement about TBR is ignorant:
If they wanted to really be known they should be raiding the bigger regions.

Also I just noticed you went after me over my inexperience in another thread on the forum. Sounds like I have my first "hater". :lol:
Last edited by RiderSyl on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Aksun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Tano wrote:You're not even a month old, unless that nation isn't your main. You can't claim to be an expert yourself. Get off your high horse.

And my time here is irrelevant. You don't have to be around NS a long time to realize making this statement about TBR is ignorant:

Please put my name on the quotes thank you. I did write that.
Last edited by Aksun on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm sorry if I infringed on your need for attention by excluding your name from that quote.

I'll fix it as soon as possible.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Aksun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:54 pm

No, I just want my name on the stuff I write. Unless you want to plagiarize. I am sure you know how to cite and give credit where it is due.
Last edited by Aksun on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 pm

No, I just want my name on the stuff I write. Unless you want to plagiarize. I am sure you know how to cite and give credit where it is due.

Duly noted.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:25 am

What is so elite about the black riders?

What exactly is elite about spamming every newly created and resurrected nation with invites, having them go into regions and endorse a candidate?

I'm not saying raiding is entirely skill-less, but I'd hardly call the large number of recruited followers who are required only to have a minimal skill set (composed of knowing how to join a region and endorse a nation when requested) "elite".
Did you see a ghost?

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:48 am

Natapoc wrote:What is so elite about the black riders?

I hardly call you Anarchy natives, anarchists. It seems we're both going to be disappointed during this occupation. I'll just have to find ways to amuse myself.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

An Elite News Update with Elite Contents

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:24 am

R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:39 am

Gest wrote:
Natapoc wrote:What is so elite about the black riders?

I hardly call you Anarchy natives, anarchists. It seems we're both going to be disappointed during this occupation. I'll just have to find ways to amuse myself.

Welcome to anarchy.
You're free to amuse yourself in any way you choose.

Also, contrary to the telegram spam you keep sending, you're free to endorse anyone you want.

Speaking of telegram spam,

I resurrected an old nation and within seconds I got a recruitment invite for the black riders which is interesting because that nation still had a year old telegram from when it was first created containing recruitment spam from the black riders.

How long after you created/revived your nation did you get your recruitment telegram for the black riders? Do you think the "recruit everyone who responds" approach detracts from your sense of being "elite" at all?
Did you see a ghost?

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:49 am

From 100 people that join only 1 remains an active and loyal black raider, that makes him elite.
Last edited by Feuer Ritter on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:50 am

Natapoc wrote:I resurrected an old nation and within seconds I got a recruitment invite for the black riders which is interesting because that nation still had a year old telegram from when it was first created containing recruitment spam from the black riders.

How long after you created/revived your nation did you get your recruitment telegram for the black riders? Do you think the "recruit everyone who responds" approach detracts from your sense of being "elite" at all?

You might have a point there... You just might. Using recruiting telegrams isn't a very 'Elite' thing to do, even though most of the people that accept those telegrams don't do any actual raiding, and just sit around eating potato chips waiting to reinforce the next occupation with their WA puppets.

I mean, the small group of Riders that go around actually raiding the regions that show up on the TBR Embassy page, who consist of the most talented, precise, and well-organized raiders in NationStates, aren't elite at all... Because their organization sends telegrams to people.

Last edited by RiderSyl on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Tano wrote:You're not even a month old, unless that nation isn't your main. You can't claim to be an expert yourself. Get off your high horse.

Also I just noticed you went after me over my inexperience in another thread on the forum. Sounds like I have my first "hater". :lol:

My point was, you are claiming that they are ignorant of R/D when you barely know a thing about it yourself.

And hater is a loose term "Slightly annoyed" would be better.
Also, to have haters one must usually do something slightly noteworthy. You've...what, participated in a couple tags?
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:11 am

Feuer Ritter wrote:From 100 people that join only 1 remains an active and loyal black raider, that makes him elite.

So 1% of the players who join your group participate in your actions? I hardly consider that "elite".

But I can't blame you really, your preferred way of playing the game involves a very simple game mechanic (Move to region x and endorse y). There is not a lot of complexity or skill and the only thing that determines your success or failure is the quantity of people who you get to follow your instructions.

I'm not saying your actions are wrong. I'm only saying that I don't see how they qualify as "elite".
Did you see a ghost?

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 am

Natapoc wrote:
Feuer Ritter wrote:From 100 people that join only 1 remains an active and loyal black raider, that makes him elite.

So 1% of the players who join your group participate in your actions? I hardly consider that "elite".

But I can't blame you really, your preferred way of playing the game involves a very simple game mechanic (Move to region x and endorse y). There is not a lot of complexity or skill and the only thing that determines your success or failure is the quantity of people who you get to follow your instructions.

I'm not saying your actions are wrong. I'm only saying that I don't see how they qualify as "elite".

The region was taken with skill, Duck-Boss was infiltrated there months ago and the update troops used their skill gained through constant training to enter and endorse the raider point within seconds of update. And any occupation has 2 stages: invasion and reinforcement. Try it don't speculate if you don't have any knowledge on how TBR works.
Last edited by Feuer Ritter on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:56 am

Feuer Ritter wrote:
Natapoc wrote:

The region was taken with skill, Duck-Boss was infiltrated there months ago and the update troops used their skill gained through constant training to enter and endorse the raider point within seconds of update. And any occupation has 2 stages: invasion and reinforcement. Try it don't speculate if you don't have any knowledge on how TBR works.

To be fair, sitting in a region doesn't take a whole lot of skill.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:59 am

Alyekra wrote:
Feuer Ritter wrote:

Back in the day when defenders existed, you would be caught dead saying that. Holding a region, espcially if you're a newer organization, is a very stressful job when you're faced with constant liberation or attrition attempts.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:00 am

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Alyekra wrote:

Back in the day when defenders existed, you would be caught dead saying that. Holding a region, espcially if you're a newer organization, is a very stressful job when you're faced with constant liberation or attrition attempts.

I was referring to the part before that, while you were still collecting influence. I can only imagine how much stress one must go through while actually holding the region, that does take skill.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

General Halcones
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Excellent work.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay