NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Riders - The Elite Cavalry of NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:37 am

Defenders have given up on defending helpless founderless regions from our tag raids! :clap:

"When the going gets tough, give up and do something easier." - Motto of the Defender
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Land filled with People
Envoy

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Land filled with People » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:41 am

Great to see the tradition of tagging your own regions is back!

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:43 am

Land filled with People wrote:Great to see the tradition of tagging your own regions is back!

:rofl:

Nice try. Those tags were all fresh captures.
Try to zing us with something more accurate please.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Land filled with People
Envoy

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Land filled with People » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:47 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Land filled with People wrote:Great to see the tradition of tagging your own regions is back!

:rofl:

Nice try. Those tags were all fresh captures.

:palm:

No. Tagging regions that your own members have founded and then trying to pass off that as some great victory.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:47 am

Ridersyl wrote:Defenders have given up on defending helpless founderless regions from our tag raids! :clap:

"When the going gets tough, give up and do something easier." - Motto of the Defender

May I refer you to the first link in my sig?
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:16 am

Bodobol wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:Defenders have given up on defending helpless founderless regions from our tag raids! :clap:

May I refer you to the first link in my sig?

I already clicked it long ago (the name 'On Raiding' caught my eye), and I honestly don't buy into that.

It seems like an excuse manufactured to justify defender inefficiency. It seems to be doing its job too.
Now when your troops can't match up to our tag raiding, they convince themselves they don't have to because it's not "significant enough" to bother with.

Honestly, saying "The targets need to meet this level of significance before we try to defend them" is just a cop-out.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:21 am

Ridersyl wrote:It seems like an excuse manufactured to justify defender inactivity. It seems to be doing its job too.

Honestly, saying "The targets need to meet this level of significance before we try to defend them" is just a cop-out.

IMO it's a natural evolution of Defenderism to respond to the obsolete 'UCR Regional Sovereignty' theory that was pushed by early Moralists.

The more prevalent ideal of Native Rights shared both by traditional Moralism and Lazarene-style Defending most definitively works in the favour of Bodobol's argument.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:24 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:IMO it's a natural evolution of Defenderism to respond to the obsolete 'UCR Regional Sovereignty' theory that was pushed by early Moralists.

The more prevalent ideal of Native Rights shared both by traditional Moralism and Lazarene-style Defending most definitively works in the favour of Bodobol's argument.

I would call it a degeneration rather than an evolution, actually.

Getting away with doing less while convincing yourself you're doing more is the stance only a fool should take.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:41 am

Ridersyl wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:IMO it's a natural evolution of Defenderism to respond to the obsolete 'UCR Regional Sovereignty' theory that was pushed by early Moralists.

I would call it a degeneration rather than an evolution, actually.

Getting away with doing less while convincing yourself you're doing more is the stance only a fool should take.

If you were actually doing anything to damage the region, we'd be trying harder.

As it stands, tagging doesn't actually do any real damage and isn't worth our efforts.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:21 am

Suomi was Clean Hit and WAD was Scalped by Rulebook. Its true that I Founded it. Its true that I forgot login to the Founder Ukko. Contrary to typical Defender and native thinking, The Black Riders has capable to do Self Corrections within its ranks. I was myself subject of that today, Thus I allowed Tagging happen by resurrecting CTE'd Founder Ukko and after that allowing delegate access for Syl. I was that Rider who demanded and objected that we should follow fully our own tagging protocol and procedure, but that was denied my Closest superior Officer and Pointman on My Own Home Region, where I was part of The Raid myself without any hesitations to follow Raid Leader, General Bob Moran's orders.

There are no Privileged Regions, no matter whom could be 'Native' of this or that Dump. The Organisation Gave me lesson keep my own Founders alive and regions Secure.

The Way these things work, and The Example for all crying petty moderates. Getting rid of Moderateness is long Process. Start it today by yourself too!
Last edited by Coraxion on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:42 am

I don't like SFBA being hit, as tempting of a target as it is. Oh well.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:33 am

Coraxion wrote:There are no Privileged Regions, no matter whom could be 'Native' of this or that Dump. The Organisation Gave me lesson keep my own Founders alive and regions Secure.

So you'll be tagging other raider regions again?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:04 am

DYP. There should be only one Raider Organisation (100 or 0 regions, its irrelevant). Then we would achieve that Semi-mythical 'The Unity'. However, One thing is sure, it is not goal which can be achieved via Forum Topics, or aim which can be organised by mud-slinging each others.

My opinion... Will be Probably Overruled by my Superiors.

EDIT/ADD: Suomi = 'Finland' in Finnish
Last edited by Coraxion on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:15 am

Coraxion wrote:My opinion... Will be Probably Overruled by my Superiors.

Overruled by my superiors but not by these other guys browsing this thread Currently...