NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Riders - The Elite Cavalry of NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am

Ridersyl wrote:Leading a tag raid ain't easy. As a total noob, I could have easily got like 4 regions or something. :p

And a noob you are! NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 50....DOLLAR
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:22 am

The first tag I led landed me like 8. =P But sheet technology was also waaay behind than what it is today. Halcones would usually bring in 20-25 those days.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 am

Venico wrote:The first tag I led landed me like 8. =P But sheet technology was also waaay behind than what it is today. Halcones would usually bring in 20-25 those days.

I can't imagine raiding back in those days... I'm glad I've arrived to R/D in a much easier time, honestly. :lol:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:27 am

Syl, answer me honestly...can you manually trigger? =P
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:30 am

I... uh... I plead the 5th. :blush:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

The New Aztecs
Attaché

Founded: Dec 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Aztecs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:35 am

Coraxion wrote:No. I didn't feel hurted. It's rough game sometimes, but it is still The Game. :)

...And for those who think it's funny laugh about my skills in English language, Please try Finnish and come again laugh on my mistakes. I hardly dared even try to use English when I started this game and initial reason to me play was... learning better English. However, systematic language studies left aside when I realised how nice this Game actually is even without Utilitarist motives to play it.

Now I play it for Crashing more regions and I don't give a damn if some ridiculous fenda or poor, helpless native can get some laughs about it, as that is probably only reason to them laugh at all. Thank You. >:(

(I translated several books from English to Finnish, but it's different...)

Amen, sister.
And you speak English extremely well btw....a lot better then most US-Americans i know....

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:36 am

Bah. >.> You young 'uns today have all the technology so that you never learn how to actually do the work yourself. Stop by Malice for an update and I'll show you how to raid a region with a clean and a manual trigger.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:44 am

Venico wrote:Bah. >.> You young 'uns today have all the technology so that you never learn how to actually do the work yourself. Stop by Malice for an update and I'll show you how to raid a region with a clean and a manual trigger.

For Clarity, Syl made that 18 Hits Without using best TBR War technology (which we do not start speak here) available, Cora Ruined one Hit due very Bad Movement and one TNI's Tag was Evaded when first accidentally jumped in. I've seen worse performances than that, Even from The 'Elite'.

There were also moments of chit chat, and we started whole Raid without any serious expectations. Naturally.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:45 am

The New Aztecs wrote:Amen, sister.
And you speak English extremely well btw....a lot better then most US-Americans i know....

Sadly, I can attest to this being true.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:21 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Venico wrote:The first tag I led landed me like 8. =P But sheet technology was also waaay behind than what it is today. Halcones would usually bring in 20-25 those days.

I can't imagine raiding back in those days... I'm glad I've arrived to R/D in a much easier time, honestly. :lol:

You grasshoppers don't know anything! back in my day we had to figure things out ourselfs!

Speaking of which,just wondering,you guys still try to remain undetected pre-raid? because TEK sure as well doesnt with puppet storage lol
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:26 am

Hmmm.... It must be several months ago when there actually exist situations where trying to keep puppets hidden could had some tactical benefits to the Update Tag raiding results. Defenderdom has been out played from these spheres already while ago.

Those golden days won't come back, respectable Old Timers. :lol:

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:40 am

I was going to say something patriotic about my region but I should keep that to myself; I don't want to spark a giant argument! One Eternal knight fighting loads of TBR nations in a flame war won't be easy! Anyway I must admit your cavalry is pretty elite... but maybe not the best (if you get me).
Last edited by Faschist Deutsch Reich on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 am

Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:I was going to say something patriotic about my region but I should keep that to myself; I don't want to spark a giant argument! One Eternal knight fighting loads of TBR nations in a flame war won't be easy! Anyway I must admit your cavalry is pretty elite... but maybe not the best (if you get me).

Anyway folks happy hunting to all raiders out there :)

I would like to extend a invitation to the headwall monks to you

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:58 am

Port blood wrote:
Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:I was going to say something patriotic about my region but I should keep that to myself; I don't want to spark a giant argument! One Eternal knight fighting loads of TBR nations in a flame war won't be easy! Anyway I must admit your cavalry is pretty elite... but maybe not the best (if you get me).

Anyway folks happy hunting to all raiders out there :)

your point it?
RYM Account

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:01 am

Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:
Port blood wrote:

your point it?

The headwall monks are a wonderful enlightened set of people full of traditions

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:04 am

Port blood wrote:
Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:your point it?

The headwall monks are a wonderful enlightened set of people full of traditions

fair enough :)
RYM Account

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:44 am

Venico wrote:Bah. >.> You young 'uns today have all the technology so that you never learn how to actually do the work yourself. Stop by Malice for an update and I'll show you how to raid a region with a clean and a manual trigger.

Its the same on the defender side. If the technology stops working then most of the newer defenders are dead in the water.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:13 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Its the same on the defender side. If the technology stops working then most of the newer defenders are dead in the water.

All hail the old ones!

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:13 am

the old times were indeed more fun but also more complicated, when you had to prepare a raid several hours before update, choosing right targets at right times and planting triggers before every targets, then using rss feeds to keep track of them during update and stopwatches to get the right move time :D but also no variance, so it would be harder now to manual trigger.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 am

Feuer Ritter wrote:the old times were indeed more fun but also more complicated, when you had to prepare a raid several hours before update, choosing right targets at right times and planting triggers before every targets, then using rss feeds to keep track of them during update and stopwatches to get the right move time :D but also no variance, so it would be harder now to manual trigger.

#noeffort

SFBA wabbitslayah
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA wabbitslayah » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Do me a favour guys; quatramata
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate/Mayor of San Francisco Bay Area
Former FRA Arch-Chancellor

FMxSoul
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby FMxSoul » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:24 pm

SFBA wabbitslayah wrote:Do me a favour guys; quatramata

Why not, just one condition, you will come undercover to help us take it :hug:

SFBA wabbitslayah
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA wabbitslayah » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:39 pm

FMxSoul wrote:
SFBA wabbitslayah wrote:Do me a favour guys; quatramata

Why not, just one condition, you will come undercover to help us take it :hug:

Can't I'm stuck as a delegate, and I don't think my defender colleagues will be happy if I did that :P

They probably don't like that I may or may not have suggested a raid target either :P
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate/Mayor of San Francisco Bay Area
Former FRA Arch-Chancellor

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Port blood wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

You grasshoppers don't know anything! back in my day we had to figure things out ourselfs!

Speaking of which,just wondering,you guys still try to remain undetected pre-raid? because TEK sure as well doesnt with puppet storage lol

I've led raids out of several Jump Points simultaneously. One of the days I was experimenting with that was the day we received the most 'Fenda interference we ever have. Someone halfway decent was actually following our jumps from one we had used several times before. They were still ineffective until I royally screwed one up, and triggered a while early. Even then, they probably wondered where we went for long periods of time, or though we were only doing a few, because the other two regions we were jumping out of went without a hitch. Sadly, repeated efforts to found our own jump have yet to result in any later than 12:50ish.....We'll keep trying :P

And If you think they try to go undetected, just look at TRR a few minutes before any update, and watch the sudden rise in emigration to Nugut :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Indeed. Reason for Absence of Defenders around cannot be that they would not know where we keep our puppets.

Then... if its possible take part to raids without being online in Irc/chat/skype, it is possible try also act like defender, even when being alone. (hint: Special One did that alone long time, achieving some quite remarkable results when doing so)

So, its actually very hard understand why there continuously pop up new 'defender' regions all around like a mushrooms on a lamb's excrement, and almost every week (if not daily), but these numerous newcomers are not still spotted on our trails during our rides, The Most logical place you would search if trying seek defenders. However, fields are usually silent and roads empty after The Black Riders rode across them. We can just go straight forwardly like an assault tanks.

Things would be good (for R/D Gameplay) if there would be as many Fenda (also Raider, why not) Wannabes chasing us than there are Wannabes crying out their moral outrage on these Game Play threads.

I'd be happy if there even once would be superior numbers of Fendas against us. Let's say, ratio 10D to 2R, would be nice to experience... :lol:

(Note: Seeking optimal late updating jump point is not an excuse not to try actually defend sometimes. You can always make instant jump points, and/or use already existing late updating regions.)
Last edited by Coraxion on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay