NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of Kings and Emperors Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:20 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:The fact that neither the FRA or the UIAF refuse to recognize that Slavia ended their association with the FRA on December 24 has nothing to do with the actual status of Slavia's relationship with the FRA as of January 2.

Slavia ended their affiliation with the FRA on December 24. That neither the FRA nor the UIAF were willing to recognize this speaks volumes about both organizations.

The FRA Charter, the treaty and governing document which new FRA members subscribe to, has everything to do with Slavia's FRA's status.

The procedure for leaving the FRA was not followed until 3rd January. Before then, Slavia's Defence Minister (and one of its FRA representatives) was telling the FRA that Slavia was still a member, Slavia made no external effort to announce any withdrawal and Slavia maintained its Embassy with the FRA.

Clearly, some members of Slavia wanted Slavia to remain in the FRA and others were incompetent in failing to actually leave the organisation. If you want someone to blame for Slavia's continued FRA membership to 3rd January, blame them. Or better still, blame the whole of Slavia for having joined the FRA in the first place. What the FRA can legitimately criticised for is for failing to militarily or diplomatically protect what they acknowledged to be their region.

The FRA Charter and the practical issues described are entirely reasonable criteria on which the UIAF can conclude Slavia was an FRA region on 3rd January.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Whiskum wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:The fact that neither the FRA or the UIAF refuse to recognize that Slavia ended their association with the FRA on December 24 has nothing to do with the actual status of Slavia's relationship with the FRA as of January 2.

Slavia ended their affiliation with the FRA on December 24. That neither the FRA nor the UIAF were willing to recognize this speaks volumes about both organizations.

The FRA Charter, the treaty and governing document which new FRA members subscribe to, has everything to do with Slavia's FRA's status.

The procedure for leaving the FRA was not followed until 3rd January. Before then, Slavia's Defence Minister (and one of its FRA representatives) was telling the FRA that Slavia was still a member, Slavia made no external effort to announce any withdrawal and Slavia maintained its Embassy with the FRA.

Clearly, some members of Slavia wanted Slavia to remain in the FRA and others were incompetent in failing to actually leave the organisation. If you want someone to blame for Slavia's continued FRA membership to 3rd January, blame them. Or better still, blame the whole of Slavia for having joined the FRA in the first place. What the FRA can legitimately criticised for is for failing to militarily or diplomatically protect what they acknowledged to be their region.

The FRA Charter and the practical issues described are entirely reasonable criteria on which the UIAF can conclude Slavia was an FRA region on 3rd January.

The statements given by our MoD were made without the consent (or even knowledge) of the government, as has already been discussed. The statement of January 3 which was approved by the government) was not a statement of resignation in its own right, as a statement of resignation had already been made on January 24. It should, at the very most, be read as a further clarification of our resignation for the benefit of the FRA (which had refused to recognize our withdrawal).

Slavia ended its association with the FRA on January 24; the region was raided for "being an FRA member" on January 2, well after Slavia's withdrawal from the FRA; given the apparent confusion on the part of the FRA a further clarification of our December 24 withdrawal was made on January 3.

In all honesty, I would not object to any justification of the January 2 raid except for the erroneous and slanderous justification that was chosen on the UIAF's part.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

SFBA wabbitslayah
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA wabbitslayah » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Whiskum wrote:The FRA Charter, the treaty and governing document which new FRA members subscribe to, has everything to do with Slavia's FRA's status.

The statements given by our MoD were made without the consent (or even knowledge) of the government, as has already been discussed. The statement of January 3 which was approved by the government) was not a statement of resignation in its own right, as a statement of resignation had already been made on January 24. It should, at the very most, be read as a further clarification of our resignation for the benefit of the FRA (which had refused to recognize our withdrawal).

Slavia ended its association with the FRA on January 24; the region was raided for "being an FRA member" on January 2, well after Slavia's withdrawal from the FRA; given the apparent confusion on the part of the FRA a further clarification of our December 24 withdrawal was made on January 3.

In all honesty, I would not object to any justification of the January 2 raid except for the erroneous and slanderous justification that was chosen on the UIAF's part.

Let's put this argument to rest. I'm going to stop you right here.

At Dec 23 2013, Slavia FRA Rep Bolguria posted in the communications agency forum stating that Slavia resigned it's membership from the FRA. This is fact.

FRA Charter
vii) Signatories can leave the FRA if one of their official Regional Assembly representatives announces their resignation from the FRA directly to the Regional Assembly. A signatory body may also be forced to leave the FRA if they are expelled by the Regional Assembly through majority agreement of Regional Assembly Representatives.

Jan 3 2014, Slavia FRA Rep Albul posted in the regional assembly forum stating that Slavia resigned it's membership from the FRA. Once this was done, the agreement/contract/whatever that Slavia made with the FRA by accepting it's charter was fulfilled. Whereas on Dec 23rd, Slavia had not.

Whatever Slavia chooses to believe what it's status is, is irrelevant to the facts. At the time of the raid on Slavia, Slavia was still a member region of the FRA because Slavia failed to properly resign it's status with the FRA.

That's that for this specific argument.

EDIT: Quote fix.
Last edited by SFBA wabbitslayah on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate/Mayor of San Francisco Bay Area
Former FRA Arch-Chancellor

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Slavia ended their relationship with the FRA on December 24. As has been pointed out numerous times previously, the FRA's refusal to recognize that the relationship was over and their continued claims that Slavia was an FRA member as of January 2 have nothing to do with the actual status of the diplomatic relations between Slavia and the FRA, as relations had terminated on December 24.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

POLAND
STRONG!

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:58 pm

BrickWall.gif

Honestly, I thought the UIAF would have been willing to cut a deal with Slavia by now in return for the region permanently staying away from the FRA, but you've just been arguing that one point for weeks. The sooner you admit you failed to follow the FRA charter to the letter, as established by existing precedent, the sooner you can get the occupation over with and move on as a region.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:27 am

According to the UIAF, we didn't withdraw on December 24 and when we did withdraw on January 3, we werent disparaging enough of the FRA. Therefore, were still FRA sympathizers (or something like that) and they won't withdraw.

POLAND
STRONG!

Charles Nelson Reilly
Civilian

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Nelson Reilly » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:37 am

They should let'em off the hook. At this point they're just beating a corpse with a golf club and tough talking it.

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Re: The Land of Kings and Emperors Embassy

Postby Charax » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:32 am

Charles Nelson Reilly wrote:They should let'em off the hook. At this point they're just beating a corpse with a golf club and tough talking it.
Now there's a mental image I wish I didn't have.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

The LKE Embassy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The LKE Embassy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:33 pm

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

21st February 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 379 | Regional Rank: 20th
LKE Imperial Forums

Head of State: HSM Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: HSH Crown Prince HEM Tiberius
Prince Imperial: HIH Cephal Talleyrand

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Josh Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister & Acting Exterior Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Minister of the Interior: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
Minister of War: Christopher Bishop
Minister of Culture: MagentaFairy

New Crown Prince Named

His Supreme Majesty, Onder Kelkia, named a HEM Tiberius as the new Crown Prince of The Land of Kings and Emperors on Thursday evening. The decision was confirmed in an atmosphere of much anticipation after the Emperor indicated an unspecified important announcement was pending two nights previously. A long-time servant of the LKE since the events surrounding the formation of Pactium Imperium in December 2006, Crown Prince HEM has enjoyed two successful terms as LKE Prime Minister, in mid-2007 and in early 2010, and since the conclusion of his second premiership has long been an acknowledged elder statesman in the region, including an earlier stint as Crown Prince in 2011, frequently intervening in regional controversies to give his informed take on the situation.

Since Crown Prince HEM’s succession, there has been much jubilation over the decision, as the common citizenry has rendered its congratulations in Hedingham Palace. Beyond these congratulations, Prime Minister Josh Sebastian, Intelligence Director Wilhelm Somerset, Joint Commander Christopher Bishop, cabinet ministers Simeon Barret and Sir Robin of Aelbarow, Guardian Counsellor Charles IX, newly elected World Assembly Delegate Bobracha and former Prime Minister Akillian all delivered public addresses in offer of great praise and support for Crown Prince HEM as he begins the challenge involved in this new position. Emperor Onder also confirmed that Crown Prince would assume the title Archduke of Niso, as is customary.

This appointment follows Thomas Falconio, the previous Crown Prince, moving on to take on less intensive responsibilities. Falconio has been with the LKE since May 2006, having served as Prime Minister in late 2007 and again in late 2009. During his time as Emperor Onder’s Crown Prince from November 2011, Falconio served as Prince Regent over several months in late 2012 and early 2013 when Emperor Onder took a leave of absence, serving admirably in line with the Emperor’s wishes. In honour of this great service, Emperor Onder created Falconio as the Duke of Deramore with the issue of Letters Patent CXXVI.

Finally, Emperor Onder also announced that additional constitutional powers to act on behalf of the Imperial Crown would be conferred upon Cephal Talleyrand as Prince Imperial and previously confirmed the appointment of Simeon Barret to the Guardian Council, his principal advisory body.

Emperor Onder delivered the following address after the announcement;

Since November 2011, Thomas Falconio has served as my Crown Prince, including a period as Prince Regent during an extended absence on my part over several months. He discharged this role excellently, leading the region to great heights in an era of prosperity. He is one of our true elder statesmen.

However, in light of his ongoing activity problems over the last few months and because of the the necessity for the region to have an active Crown Prince, ready to temporarily serve as regent if required, the time has come to honour Crown Prince Falconio's service as he moves on from this role.

In recognition of his dedication to our region, from his time as Prince Regent to his terms as Prime Minister, Thomas Falconio is created to become the Duke of Deramore, in accordance with Letters Patent CXXVI. Alongside many other retired statesmen, Falconio's unique and long-lasting service to the region across numerous roles warrants an award in this highest tier of our peerage.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the new Crown Prince will be HEM Tiberius. He will also enjoy the title of Archduke of Niso, as is customary.

Like Falconio, HEM has been serving the region as far back as 2006, having served as Prime Minister on multiple occasions, and was in fact my first Crown Prince during this reign, from January to November 2011. Additionally, HEM is the founder and Supreme Chancellor of Europeia, which is regarded as in practical terms the second-largest user-created region in the game, reflecting HEM's great practical experience in cultivating regional growth. He has the stature for a position of this magnitude.

HEM and I of course do not always agree on everything - as back issues of LKET confirm. He can be sometimes be thought-provoking, sometimes controversial. Nonetheless, I trust that he will serve and lead our region well if required, as well as more generally providing an active presence on behalf of the Monarchy around our forums.

Please join me in congratulating Crown Prince HEM.

Elections

In the recent Prime Minister election Josh Sebastian Chairman of the Imperial Party claimed victory against the Lion Party nominee, Sir Robin of Aelbarrow. The two largest parties of the region once again faced off against each other for the leadership of the government. The campaigning was often contentious but always directly about the issues. This election continues the Land of Kings and Emperors long standing tradition of open and fair elections. The final tally was very close with a good voter turnout.

Prime Minister Results

Josh Sebastian Imperial Party[PM] /Lord Valfor Talleyrand-Vulkia Imperial Party [DPM] [56.25%]
Sir Robin of Aelbarrow Lion Party [PM] / Kaiserholt Lion Party [DPM] [43.75%]

Estates Common Results

The campaign for seats in the Estates Common was lively and filled with debate.

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [16.98%]
BARRET, Simeon (Imperial Party) [18.87%]
NAPOLEON IX (Imperial Party) [16.98%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [7.55%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [16.98%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [15.09%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [7.55%]

A special run-off election is being held to fill the last open seat of the Estates Common. The two candidates are:

Newcanada-Renaissance Party
Julian Ulrics- Independent

Prime Minister's Inaugural Speech

The newly elected Prime Minister delivered the following inaugural address to the citizens of the Land of Kings and Emperors.

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen of The Land of Kings and Emperors!

It is a great honor and privilege to deliver this address before you today, as your new Prime Minister. I wish to express my profound gratitude to everyone who supported my bid for this high office, and for those who supported my Party as well, in the recently concluded elections. I also thank Akillian, my predecessor to this office, for his services to the region. I look forward to working with him, and the rest of the former administration in the continued development of our region.

Today marks a new journey for the LKE, one that has as its destination - the restoration of our positions as the greatest region in all of NationStates.

We build on the success from last term, where as a community, we've managed to halt our population decline and our forum activity has reached its highest levels since the summer of 2013 following several months of relative decline. But considering where we want to go, and what we want to be, this region cannot rest on its laurels and be complacent.

In this new task we have set ourselves to do, of rebuilding the greatness of the empire, I will need a government comprised of competent and committed individuals, those who have at their core the very interests of our dear empire. Fortunately enough, I found them, the perfect partners, and they've agreed to serve alongside us.

And so, I wish to announce the new Imperial Council who will work with me and Deputy Prime Minister Valfor:

Secretary of State for the Interior: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
I have seen Robin's resolve and dedication to his work, particularly in the Home office. His efforts have helped grow our population and retain new members, and I would have such trend continued.

Secretary of State for the Exterior: Simeon Barret
Simeon has proven himself to be an exceptional member of this community. He is a man with much needed vision and energy. His ideas and drive to get things done will be instrumental in reviving this great, yet sadly, largely ignored office.

Concurrently with his appointment to the Ministry, Simeon is hereby made as my government's Special Representative to Munster, and will help supervise colonial efforts there.

Culture Minister: To be announced soon
As I stated in my campaign, the Culture Ministry will be a priority area under my term, and I intend to appoint someone who can deliver

The Ministry for the Colonies will be abolished under my term. And in its place, the Council of the Colonies will serve as the prime government instrumentality in planning, organizing and executing initiatives, projects, and programs.

I will be detailing the rest of the Government's Agenda for this term in another address. In the coming days, we will be unveiling the objectives, targets, and plans of each individual ministry, and you can rest assured that this administration will be updating the citizenry on the progress or development of these.

We promised you service, and I assure you it is a promise we will be keeping. But we also need and look forward to your support and participation. We all can help. We all can do something. We've said that this term will mark the Great Renaissance of the LKE. Let's work together to make that a reality!

Thank you all very much.

Praise the Emperor!
Glory to the Empire!

Although Simeon Barret was appointed a Minister and elected to office for a few days into the term, Mr. Barret decided to step down from all roles and unfortunately renounced his Citizenship as well. Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika has become the Acting Exterior Minister, and a Special Election has already started to replace Former Senator Barret.

New Government off to an Ambitious Start

Prime Minister Sebastian and the new government have been very busy early in the term. Several programs designed to streamline and increase governmental efficiency have been initiated. The Prime Minister ran on a platform of transparency and accountability of government. He has re-opened the Press Office of Number 27 Layton Street and has issued several directives designed to help increase activity and accessibility to the government. The Exterior Ministry is also off to a good start with newly appointed Minister of the Exterior Simeon Barret publishing the Ministry of the Exterior agenda and setting off on a whirlwind 'Diplomatic Tour" of all of the Land of Kings and Emperors diplomatic relations. The Interior Ministry has published a report of it's purpose and organization and has several new programs in the planning stages.

His Supreme Majesty Hands out Honors

His Supreme Majesty Emperor Onder Kelkia awarded several citizens for their dedication and hard work in the service of The Land of Kings and Emperors. Citizens honored were:

Former Prime Minister and current Senator Akillian was raised to the title Baron of Crescent.

Newly elected Deputy Prime Minister Valfor Talleyrand-Vulkia was created the Viceroy of Norwood and appointed the Speaker of the Estates Noble.

Interior Minister and current Senator Sir Robin of Aelbarrow was created a Knight Commander of The Most Excellent Order of the Realm.

Now Former Exterior Minister and Senator Simeon Barret was created a Companion of the Order of Achievement.

Imperial Army Abroad

The UIAF, including the LKE's Imperial Army, continues its occupation of Slavia, a region which was in the FRA when we invaded it. The occupation, which has endured for over a month, is a graphic example of the might of the UIAF and the Imperial Army. The UIAF continues to hold military operations in the name of Imperialism and to further our military cooperation. The Imperial Army have also conducted independent military operations as of late capturing several regions including the regions of Argartha and Zhe International Communist. These operations have shown that the Imperial Army is a formidable force, capable of protecting and advancing the interests of the Land of Kings and Emperors.

Munster The Crown Jewel of the Empire

Munster continues to be a large and prosperous colony of His Supreme Majesty’s Empire. The population of the colony has reached 94 nations and is growing steadily. Viceroy of Munster RWP has reported to the Imperial Council and has been instrumental in helping continue the positive trend that the colony is experiencing. Prime Minister Sebastian has created a Colonial Council which will meet to discuss the direction and future of the Land of Kings and Emperors colonies.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:40 pm

I think it was Zhe Intranational Communist not Zhe International Communist. GGR aren't known for their spelling :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Aetrina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aetrina » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Another wonderful update from the LKE.
Eist wrote:Nice! Wait. Am I the knight or the unicorn?
I think the joke would be less effective if you were the unicorn.
Andrew Delling Ambassador of Aetrina
Proud member of The Kingdom Of Aetrina

New Maxonberg
Civilian

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Maxonberg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm

25th March 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 360 | Regional Power: Very High
LKE Imperial Forums

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister & Acting Exterior Minister: Josh Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Minister of the Interior: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
Minister of Culture: Julian Ulrics

LKE Unveils Treaty With Balder

After days of deliberations between LKE and Balder diplomats, the Treaty of Alsfeld was signed by the Emperor and ratified by unanimous consent of the Estates Common. The Treaty, which binds the two regions to a closer relationship, covers cooperation in cultural, diplomatic and security among other areas. Efforts are currently underway to organize a festival between the LKE and Balder to celebrate the treaty.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Josh Sebastian, who also assumed concurrent control of the Ministry of the Exterior, said that the Foreign Office is in talks with other regions to foster closer and stronger relations. "Right now, we are focusing on expanding our diplomatic linkages, including the opening of new embassies and missions." Insiders have stated that the government is also in talks with the Osiris Fraternal Order to secure a treaty agreement with the latter.

Genesis Initiative Launched

Speaking before the government officials, guests and members of the press, Prime Minister Josh Sebastian recently launched the Genesis Initiative, the newest roleplay and cultural endeavor of the government.

The Genesis Initiative basically allows the participants to make up stories and information about the LKE world, from the different places in the LKE, to it's natural fixtures and the wildlife. Prime Minister Sebastian expressed his optimism on the potential of the project, highlighting what could very well be the largest and most ambious roleplay of the region to date.

"It is my hope that through this very interesting venture, the creative side of the region will again show, as well as attract more players to invest their time and imagination to our own region."

As of this posting, the Initiative is buzzing with activity. New threads for plot and character registration have been put up by the Ministry of Culture, where a considerable number of citizens have already signed up and are starting to participate.

Munster Elevated To A Kingdom

Emperor Onder Kelkia has announced the elevation of Munster to "Kingdom" status, coming the in heels of the Palace's reclassification of the different colonies and territories of the LKE.

"I am delighted to announce that with Munster on the verge of 100 nations, on 99, I am recognizing its success and that of all its citizens, including Viceroy RWP, by naming it a Kingdom rather than Electorate. Henceforth it shall be the Kingdom of Munster, not the Electorate of Munster."

The Emperor also challenged the other administrators to follow in the foot steps of Munster. The Monarch also announced the appointment of new colonial leaders, such as the Viscount of Dacre, Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika as the new Viceroy of Norwood and Sir Robin of Aelbarrow as the new Governor of Vienna.

Estates Common Springs To Activity

The Estates Common has been very active this term having passed a considerable amount of new legislation. They have recently passed a treaty with Balder, the Treaty of Alsfeld, with unanimous approval. In regards to Cultural issues and Internal affairs, the Regional Map Act has recently passed both houses, as has a petition to appoint a Poet Laureate, Charles Westwood-Anumia, which the Emperor has signed. Another recent pass is an amendment to their standing orders which permits the appointment of a Deputy Speaker of the EC, should the Speaker ever go inactive for future purposes. Given recent history of past Speakers, perhaps this might prove to be useful for the Estates Common.

An Amendment to the Constitution that would permit an official Citizen initiative was passed by the Commons, but did not make it through the Nobles, but only for in-practice issues. The Commons reconsidered the bill, but then tabled the Bill after the Prince Imperial gave an outline of some of the major points against the Amendment. Prime Minister Sebastian has also tabled an act amending the World Assembly Delegate Election Act and another Constitutional Amendment granting the Law Librarian to more powers.

Activity in UIAF

Since the occupation of Slavia, the UIAF, and in particular the LKE Division of UIAF, has been active at update and supporting various military operations. The LKE has undertaken numerous independent training operations with several updaters: a few in particular to mention are Sir Robin of Aelbarrow, Edward Quirk and Josh Sebastian, who have all shown great commitment to advancing LKE objectives update. The UIAF record of 28 tags in a single update was broken only a few weeks ago.

There has also been a large commitment of LKE troops with the UIAF deployment in the Lone Wolves United occupation of Hogwarts. This shows the great versatility of the LKE Imperial Army in both undertaking its own invasions and participating in wider allied missions.

Partnership With The University of The New Inquisition Eyed

The Universities of The Land of Kings and Emperors and The New Inquisition will soon feature a new partnership arrangement that will allow for more academic and cultural cooperation. The Chancellors of the two institutions, Josh Sebastian and Sir Pitt have been in talks for the past weeks and are expected to sign the document affirming the new agreement.

Once approved, the partnership will provide for visiting professors, lectures, academic competitions and a joint history project that will feature articles on the LKE-TNI alliance. The move is expected to bolster learning and cultural initiatives of both regions and have been well received by their respective academic circles.

The LKE Embassy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The LKE Embassy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:39 am

14th April 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 331 | Regional Rank: 29th
LKE Imperial Forums

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Josh Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister Julian Ulrics
Minister of Culture: Cardinal Richelieu
Exterior Minister: Charles IX

Elections

The latest election for Prime Minister mirrored the previous one in terms of candidates and results. The Lions Party once again fielded Sir Robin of Aelbarrow as their candidate while Josh Sebastian ran for re-election for a second term in office. As has become the norm, the two parties clashed on several issues as a heated campaign period took place before the polls were opened. Unlike in the previous elections, however Josh Sebastian took Julian Ulrics, a prominent independent of the LKE, as his candidate for Deputy Prime Minister, as opposed to a member of his own party. When the results came in, they were resoundingly in favor of this new Imperial Party - Independent pairing.

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [PM] / ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [DPM] [64.71%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW, Lion Party [PM] / KAISERHOLT, Lion Party [DPM] [35.29%]

As usual the results of the Estates Commons election were neck and neck to the last minute, with only a few changes to the membership from last term. Most significantly, there are currently no members of the Renaissance Party in the Commons.

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [12.68%]
CARDINAL RICHELIEU (Imperial Party) [14.08%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [15.49%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [8.45%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [14.08%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [11.27%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [14.08%]
WOLFRAM GREY, Kurogane (Independent) [9.86%]

Inaugural Address

Following his re-election, the Prime Ministers gave his second Inaugural Address at Number 27 Leyton Street. He assured the people that the oncoming term shall be no less productive than the last one, and also hinted at the planned Third Monarchic Conference.

To my dear fellow citizens of The Land of Kings and Emperors,

I am extremely grateful for your renewed and trust in confidence in me, and helping me secure another term in Layton. I would also like to thank you for supporting Lord Julian Ulrics and the rest of my party in the recently concluded elections.

The past term has seen remarkable achievements, both in initiatives abroad and here at home. But again, there is always room for improvement, and the comings weeks, this government will endeavor hard to sustain and build on the successes of our first term. The next two months will be particularly important if we are to ensure the continuation of our empire's Renaissance.

To help me and Julian Ulrics achieve this, it gives me great honor to name the composition of my new Imperial Council:

For Exterior, I am appointing Charles IX. Charles will be overseeing an overhaul of the ambassadorial system, the continuation of talks with partner regions, and the help in the organization of the 3rd Monarchic Conference, which will serve as the foreign affairs centerpiece of my second term. We will be unveiling more information on this in the coming days.

For Culture, Cardinal Richelieu will be our point man. Richelieu will continue to work with Julian Ulrics in improving the Genesis Initiative, as well as the organization of the upcoming regional festival with Balder, and quite possibly Osiris as well. The Ministry will also be looking towards other activities that will cater to the cultural and civic interests of the members of the LKE Community.

The Imperial Authority for War will continue to be lead by Chris Bishop should he accept. As I stated, we wish to hold more operations this term, and continue to improve and build the capabilities of the Imperial Army.

To augment current script-operated recruitment, the Ministry of the Interior will be tasked to utilize other alternatives, particularly the reusing of the PARANS system. The naturalization campaign will be intensified, and to stimulate commitment in this field, a weekly competition scheme will be rolled out. I will hold the naming of my Secretary of State for this portfolio, until such time that the distinguished individual I asked to head the department, accepts.

For the Colonies, again, a conference will be called in Munster, and all stakeholders of the Colonial System will be invited to attend. This conference will seek to provide a comprehensive review of current policies, as well as come up with concrete and sustainable actions to aid the in the growth and development of our colonial territories.

Finally, to ensure the Imperial Council will have all the help that it can get,
I am naming our World Assembly Delegate as Minister without Portfolio. Bobracha will undeniably provide fresh insights and perspectives to the new government.

To conclude, this term will be another busy, if not, a busier one. We have a lot of projects and programs in store of you, beloved citizens, but in order to maximize their potential, we also need your help and support. Particularly, the government still needs help in filling positions that will seek to enlarge and better its service. Activity must also be sustained, both in the game and here. As such, I call on all our members to actively participate in RMB and Forum discussions and activities. Post replies, or start new threads, there's so much to do. One citizen doing his share can spell a lot, can be the difference between our success or failure as a region.

That is all. As always, my office and my administration will be ready to accommodate whatever question, suggestion or concern you may have. Thank you very much, and again, I look forward to serving the region with your help and support. Together, let us continue the great revival of the Empire!

Praise the Emperor, Glory to the Empire!

The Treaty of Maxonberg signed with Osiris

On March 28th, His Supreme Majesty signed the treaty of Maxonberg, which passed by the Estates Commons within two days of the signing. The treaty is designed to greatly strengthen the bonds of friendship and trust between the LKE and Osiris and encourages multiple forms of cooperation between the two regions. To quote the Prime Minister, who played a prominent role in creating the treaty; “Following successful negotiations with the Osiris Fraternal Order, I present to you the Treaty of Maxonberg which seeks to strengthen relations with the aforementioned region, including the establishment of concrete mutual obligations in the areas of military, diplomatic and cultural cooperation.”

Imperial Forces March Undaunted

Since our last foreign update, the LKE Imperial Army has been very busy carrying out United Imperial Armed Forces operations, alongside our close partners The New Inquisition Armed Forces and the Royal Albion Legion. In particular, the UIAF and The North Pacific Army conducted an occupation of Scotland lasting for 11 days, with LKE troops fully participating in the operation as UIAF units. This mission was designed to develop relations between The North Pacific and the UIAF regions, and the mission was conducted in accordance with The North Pacific Army's standard protocol. Neither the United Defenders League nor the Founderless Regions Alliance was capable of mounting any attempt to unseat the joint UIAF-TNP forces, illustrating the UIAF's continued superiority in the LKE and TNI's wars with the UDL and the FRA.

At present LKE forces are participating in the UIAF's support to the Lone Wolves United occupation of The Soviet Bloc. At time of writing 29 UIAF troops are deployed and more are on their way. This followed an update invasion, led by LWU and in which the UIAF participated, which removed the Lazarene Liberation Army from the region, unseating FRA Intelligence Minister Milograd as Delegate. This operation represents a victory against Lazarus, after its absurd purge of UIAF officials, and, as Lazarus is an FRA member-region, the FRA as a whole. Despite the promises of UDL Chief, Mahaj, the defenders have failed to 'liberate' the region. This is yet further confirmation of the LKE and TNI's success through the UIAF in the wars against the FRA and the UDL.

In addition to the operations in Scotland and The Soviet Bloc, the UIAF alongside The Black Riders launched a successful counter-invasion of Anzia, freeing the region from the SCOP. Anzia is a member of the Green-Black Concordat, which provides troops to various signatories, including the LKE and the other UIAF regions, in exchange for non-aggression. SCOP attacked Anzia in protest of the occupation of Slavia, a region previously invaded while in the FRA in a great victory for the UIAF. While the UIAF was not bound under the Green-Black Concordat to actually defend Anzia as opposed to abstaining from attacking it, on being notified of the invasion the UIAF and TBR rapidly secured Anzia, quashing SCOP forces in the process. This counter-invasion, deemed a 'liberation' in defender language, also shows the versatility of UIAF forces in adapting to different types of operation.

Finally, Emperor Onder and Joint Commander Christopher Bishop have announced key changes in the leadership of the LKE Imperial Army and the LKE Division of the UIAF. Cephal Talleyrand, the outgoing Chief of the Imperial General Staff, and Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika, the outgoing LKE UIAF Division Commander, were thanked for their service and awarded the Chevron Medal to mark their achievement. Josh Sebastian has been selected to succeed both of them, becoming both Chief of the Imperial General Staff of the LKE Imperial Army and UIAF LKE Division Commander, ensuring unity of command. Additionally, after showing military ability Akillian was appointed Commanding Officer of the Habsburg Guard and Sir Robin was appointed Commanding Officer of the Caruba Infantry Regiment, which are the LKE's UIAF regiments. The region was unanimous in its congratulations for these individuals.

Genesis Initiative Sets Sail

During the previous term, a bold undertaking was put into motion by the Prime Minister and Julian Ulrics. The Genesis Initiative is a regional roleplay set in the 18th century, which incorporates all the mechanisms of the LKE into it’s own unique realm of adventure and intrigue. Julian Ulrics, along with Culture Minister Cardinal Richelieu, have nurtured and expanded upon the Initiative greatly, refining the roleplay and adding more features almost daily. Already, the first session of the Imperial Senate has been called, to discuss a law regarding the safety of shipping and other maritime endeavours, and the nobles and royals of the realm have gathered to celebrate the Burning of Stajnost, a yearly celebration organized by the Baron of Arcadia. Already, many people have joined the realm of the Initiative, among them the Prime Minister, the Prince Imperial and even the Emperor himself.

Balder Festival Incoming

A large festival is planned between the Land of Kings and Emperors and the Realm of Balder, expected to kick off in about a week. Planning for the festival has gone on for a considerable amount of time, since the previous administration, and a meticulous amount of planning has gone into the finer details of the celebrations. The region anxiously awaits the beginning of the festival which, aside from being a bundle of fun wrapped up with a bow of excitement, will also further improve the bonds between the LKE and Balder.

Last edited by The LKE Embassy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Babble On
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Babble On » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Cheers, LKE! Your support in the Soviet Bloc, both at and after update, have been invaluable.

The LLA has surely gotten what they deserve. :lol2:

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 pm

This operation represents a victory against Lazarus, after its absurd purge of UIAF officials

So they were in Lazarus as UIAF officials? :P
Babble On wrote:The LLA has surely gotten what they deserve. :lol2:

Wasn't aware the LLA had done anything to you
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
This operation represents a victory against Lazarus, after its absurd purge of UIAF officials

So they were in Lazarus as UIAF officials? :P

No, they were not in Lazarus in their capacity as UIAF officials - nor does that section say that. It says they were purged for being UIAF officials.

Are you seriously suggesting that Griffin, the longest-serving Lazarus Delegate in recent history, was in Lazarus in her capacity as a UIAF member?

It was a 'purge of UIAF officials' because the individuals in question were purged for their UIAF connections, not because they were acting as UIAF officials.

Regardless of whether they were in Lazarus acting for UIAF or not, if they were targeted for being in UIAF, it was a purge of UIAF members.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Babble On
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Babble On » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:Wasn't aware the LLA had done anything to you

The LLA is of course the military arm of Lazarus, a region which certainly has insulted the Lone Wolves United, and only after we tried to negotiate with them in good faith.

In any event, in the context of my post I was referring specifically to what they (the current Communistic Lazarene government) did to their own long-standing members, who happened to be of UIAF affiliation, as deserving of the kind of retribution the dispatch refers to.

This is the LKE embassy after all, if you want to debate Lazarus and the Lone Wolves United, you are more than welcome to take it to our thread, but alas, you have not indulged me in this respect.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 pm

"SCOP attacked Anzia in protest of the occupation of Slavia, a region previously invaded while in the FRA in a great victory for the UIAF"

:roll:

POLAND
STRONG!

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:16 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:"SCOP attacked Anzia in protest of the occupation of Slavia, a region previously invaded while in the FRA in a great victory for the UIAF"

An emoticon! The latest in a series of imaginative arguments presented on behalf of Slavia's attempts to avoid facing up to its time in the FRA.

You can moan about it for all eternity and a day as far as we are concerned - the FRA Charter states that resignations must be made 'directly to the Regional Assembly', no such resignation was submitted until after the UIAF invasion and, after the invalid attempt at a resignation submitted before the invasion, Slavia's FRA representative informed the FRA that Slavia was in fact staying with them. Open and shut really, on an objective examination.

If Slavia did not want to be judged by the FRA Charter, it should never have signed it. By doing so it also signed away every last shred of respectability.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Whiskum wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:"SCOP attacked Anzia in protest of the occupation of Slavia, a region previously invaded while in the FRA in a great victory for the UIAF"

An emoticon! The latest in a series of imaginative arguments presented on behalf of Slavia's attempts to avoid facing up to its time in the FRA.

You can moan about it for all eternity and a day as far as we are concerned - the FRA Charter states that resignations must be made 'directly to the Regional Assembly', no such resignation was submitted until after the UIAF invasion and, after the invalid attempt at a resignation submitted before the invasion, Slavia's FRA representative informed the FRA that Slavia was in fact staying with them. Open and shut really, on an objective examination.

If Slavia did not want to be judged by the FRA Charter, it should never have signed it. By doing so it also signed away every last shred of respectability.

The FRA removed Slavia from their membership roll several hours before Slavia's second statement of withdrawal, in doing so, they implicitly recognized Slavia's withdrawal as valid. This means that Slavia had not been an FRA member since December 24, and not January 3 as the UIAF would like to think.

This is indeed open and shut on an objective examination, but the facts would seem to disagree with the UIAF's desired version of the situation.

Therefore, I exhort the LKE, and the UIAF as a whole, to be more diligent in fact-checking when writing their news updates, lest they misattribute FRA membership to a region and then continue to perpetuate such non-facts for months afterwards.

As a result of this egregious fact-checking problem, I repeat my previous statement: :roll:

And if Slavia had really signed away every last shred of respectability as you say, I doubt that such a respectable person as you would debase yourself to the point of writing essay-length replies to us, eh? ;)

POLAND
STRONG!

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Whiskum wrote:An emoticon! The latest in a series of imaginative arguments presented on behalf of Slavia's attempts to avoid facing up to its time in the FRA.

The FRA removed Slavia from their membership roll several hours before Slavia's second statement of withdrawal, in doing so, they implicitly recognized Slavia's withdrawal as valid. This means that Slavia had not been an FRA member since December 24, and not January 3 as the UIAF would like to think.

This is indeed open and shut on an objective examination, but the facts would seem to disagree with the UIAF's desired version of the situation.

Therefore, I exhort the LKE, and the UIAF as a whole, to be more diligent in fact-checking when writing their news updates, lest they misattribute FRA membership to a region and then continue to perpetuate such non-facts for months afterwards.

As a result of this egregious fact-checking problem, I repeat my previous statement: :roll:

And if Slavia had really signed away every last shred of respectability as you say, I doubt that such a respectable person as you would debase yourself to the point of writing essay-length replies to us, eh? ;)

Fucking again? Really? You know you're wrong, get over it.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:The FRA removed Slavia from their membership roll several hours before Slavia's second statement of withdrawal, in doing so, they implicitly recognized Slavia's withdrawal as valid. This means that Slavia had not been an FRA member since December 24, and not January 3 as the UIAF would like to think.

They were reacting to the fact that the region had just been invaded by the United Imperial Armed Forces - that is what triggered any removal.

You are arguing that the FRA removing Slavia from its membership rolls after the invasion means Slavia was not an FRA member at the time of the raid.

The North Polish Union wrote:This is indeed open and shut on an objective examination, but the facts would seem to disagree with the UIAF's desired version of the situation.

You have selected a piece of tangential evidence about the timing of an edit to a post which happened after the invasion and are from that trying to attach a whole load of motives to the FRA - imputed motives which run contrary to how they responded to the second statement, as Karputsk replied:
You are no longer a FRA member-region as you have followed the procedure outlined in the Charter. Specifically, a Regional Assembly member of the region that wishes to withdraw will announce the regions intention to leave in the Regional Assembly.

Quite clearly that shows the FRA as recognising the second statement, in accordance with the Charter - and made after the UIAF invasion of Slavia.

As it happens, the entire issue of precisely when the FRA membership list was edited post-raid and why is irrelevant to the argument we have made.

Both Slavia and the FRA are bound by the FRA Charter, which makes very clear that resignations must go 'directly to the Regional Assembly'.

No such resignation came until after the invasion and, after the invalid statement, Slavia's representative told the FRA that Slavia was a member.

The North Polish Union wrote:Therefore, I exhort the LKE, and the UIAF as a whole, to be more diligent in fact-checking when writing their news updates, lest they misattribute FRA membership to a region and then continue to perpetuate such non-facts for months afterwards.

The one 'fact' you are pinning your hopes on occurred after the invasion.

How, before our invasion took place, could we have checked the fact of the FRA editing their membership list in reaction to our invasion?

We cannot fast forward in time.

Not that this fact has any bearing under the terms of the FRA Charter or in reflecting the FRA's pre-invasion understanding.

The North Polish Union wrote:As a result of this egregious fact-checking problem, I repeat my previous statement:

And if Slavia had really signed away every last shred of respectability as you say, I doubt that such a respectable person as you would debase yourself to the point of writing essay-length replies to us, eh?

To get our point across I condescend to engage with the UDL and FRA organisations in argument, why would Slavia be any different?
Last edited by Whiskum on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I...no. We finished this surely. We can't be arguing this again. >.>
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:07 pm

I thought this was done with. >.>

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:15 pm

The reason, of course, why we are going over Slavia, and indeed Lazarus also again above, is because detractors have each selected a single line of the update, and proceeded to make snide and factually inaccurate observations. Naturally, if people raise arguments, however spurious, we address them.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister