NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of Kings and Emperors Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Avakael
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Avakael » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Who and What is Happening wrote:
Avakael wrote:You don't even lift. What would you know about even lifting? Go home and even lift.

Try associating yourself with a region that isn't inherently self-destructive for once Avakael, it may be a refreshing change of pace for you.

In short, stop associating with regions? Nice try. :rofl:
Klaus Devestatorie. Not the other way around.

Ingramston
Political Columnist

Founded: May 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ingramston » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:20 am

The Land of Kings and Emperors

The Land of Kings and Emperors notes with sadness that a senator of the New Pacific Order has released a report which alleges that individuals from 'The New Inquisition, the Land of Kings and Emperors, Europeia, and, on a lesser scale, members of Albion and new sinkers Osiris and Balder' form part of an imperialist group, dubbed the 'Ondersphere', and that this group have engaged in 'underhanded social games'. We deny any wrongdoing. We stand by the activities of the United Imperial Armed Forces in defence of The South Pacific and Osiris. In the past we have worked well with the New Pacific Order, cooperating for instance on the liberation of The United Kingdom of Britain. It is therefore a shame that, through an attempt to condemn The New Inquisition and the latest report released by A Mean Old Man, the NPO have engaged in attempts to undermine the LKE and its closest ally.

We further note that within the aforementioned report it was announced that 'NPO Senator and Lazarus Delegate Feux is enacting his retaliation against you and the UIAF for your crimes.' A warning was issued that 'UIAF traitors' would be ejected from Lazarus. The Delegate of Lazarus, as mentioned another senator of the New Pacific Order, then followed through the threat contained in the NPO's report. The LKE has never interfered in the internal affairs of Lazarus and would not tolerate any of its members plotting to do so. We consider the allegations that the individuals who have been ejected are 'UIAF traitors' spurious and believe that the whole affair represents a coordinated attempt led by the NPO to undermine the reputation of the UIAF, including the LKE. Additionally, that the NPO has achieved this by arbitrarily abusing the legal process of Lazarus shatters our confidence in the independence of the rulers of Lazarus.

Accordingly, Emperor Onder has decided to issue five days notice to Lazarus that the LKE is invoking Article IV of the Non-Agression and Cultural Treaty Between Lazarus and The Land of Kings and Emperors, specifically termination of the treaty which exists between our regions. That individuals in control of the Government of Lazarus have participated in a coordinated plot with the NPO to smear the LKE means that continued treaty ties between our regions are unsustainable. We regret that this action has been necessary and in line with the treaty this termination is not to be seen as an act of war or hostility.

Sean Ingram
Prime Minister of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Last edited by Ingramston on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 am

When did Lazarus smear LKE?????
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:42 am

I can't say I'm surprised by this development, given how dual citizens of Lazarus and The LKE have been treated by the Lazarene Delegate at the behest of the NPO. If anything, I think The LKE's response shows much restraint and diplomatic civility.

I do wonder though if the Emperor is as amused as I am that I am included in the "Ondersphere." :P

Anumia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:When did Lazarus smear LKE?????

Is not the banning of people by claiming they are "UIAF traitors" - when the LKE is part of the UIAF - a smear? I mean, that's pretty obvious.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:19 am

I wouldn't call it a smear but who listens to me :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:I wouldn't call it a smear but who listens to me :P

I'm with the sheep. It's really not a smear campaign.

Dictionary.com - a campaign to tarnish the reputation of a public figure, especially by vilification or innuendo.

If you were talking about the "underhanded" thing that you quoted, maybe. But banning of nation is NOT a smear campaign. There's no grey area here. It just isn't.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:52 am

Charax wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:I wouldn't call it a smear but who listens to me :P

I'm with the sheep. It's really not a smear campaign.

Dictionary.com - a campaign to tarnish the reputation of a public figure, especially by vilification or innuendo.

If you were talking about the "underhanded" thing that you quoted, maybe. But banning of nation is NOT a smear campaign. There's no grey area here. It just isn't.

The banning in and of itself isn't the smear- it's the suggestion that all UIAF members are traitors.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 am

Banning a nation alone is not a smear, but that is not what the statement or Anumia said. Going on a witch-hunt to ban all UIAF members within your jurisdiction, crucially claiming they are security threats, is a baseless attempt to tarnish the UIAF's reputation. It is therefore clearly a smear. I accept that Lazarus is less culpable than the NPO in that process but, as the NPO is abusing Lazarus to get at the LKE and our allies, treaty ties are unsustainable.

Edit: Avakael got it more succinctly.
Last edited by Whiskum on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:56 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:
Charax wrote:I'm with the sheep. It's really not a smear campaign.

The banning in and of itself isn't the smear- it's the suggestion that all UIAF members are traitors.

Got the wrong end of stick here obviously. Still, I'm not sure it qualifies. If I were to banject a few nations from a region on the grounds that they're spies from Mordor, it's not a smear on Mordor.
◆◆◆

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:11 am

Charax wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:The banning in and of itself isn't the smear- it's the suggestion that all UIAF members are traitors.

Got the wrong end of stick here obviously. Still, I'm not sure it qualifies. If I were to banject a few nations from a region on the grounds that they're spies from Mordor, it's not a smear on Mordor.

Lazarus ejected all UIAF members (and several people wrongly accused of being UIAF members) on the grounds being in the UIAF makes them dangerous. That constitutes a concerted effort to vilify the UIAF as a security threat and to tarnish the UIAF's reputation, which amounts to a smear against us. What is more, Feux coordinated this with the NPO's report, which was even wider in scope and demonstrates significant participation in a smear campaign.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:47 am

Whiskum wrote:
Charax wrote:Got the wrong end of stick here obviously. Still, I'm not sure it qualifies. If I were to banject a few nations from a region on the grounds that they're spies from Mordor, it's not a smear on Mordor.

Lazarus ejected all UIAF members (and several people wrongly accused of being UIAF members) on the grounds being in the UIAF makes them dangerous. That constitutes a concerted effort to vilify the UIAF as a security threat and to tarnish the UIAF's reputation, which amounts to a smear against us. What is more, Feux coordinated this with the NPO's report, which was even wider in scope and demonstrates significant participation in a smear campaign.

So why not come after the real smearers...like myself?
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Anumia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:32 am

I imagine the Lazarenes would be co-smearers or sub-smearers or perhaps assistant attache smearers...

Seriously though, the LKE does not have a treaty with the Pacific. They have one with Lazarus, hence the statement relating to that treaty.

Karpathos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:33 am

Anumia wrote:I imagine the Lazarenes would be co-smearers or sub-smearers or perhaps assistant attache smearers...

Seriously though, the LKE does not have a treaty with the Pacific. They have one with Lazarus, hence the statement relating to that treaty.

How about you let internal matters stay...I dunno...internal?
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Anumia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:45 am

If you are referring to the LKE's statement, it clearly is not only an internal matter, as the very reason these people are being kicked out is their membership in the UIAF of which the LKE is a key component; if you are referring to me specifically posting here, I am a citizen and former Emperor of the LKE, so...I can?

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:16 am

Karpathos wrote:
Whiskum wrote:Lazarus ejected all UIAF members (and several people wrongly accused of being UIAF members) on the grounds being in the UIAF makes them dangerous. That constitutes a concerted effort to vilify the UIAF as a security threat and to tarnish the UIAF's reputation, which amounts to a smear against us. What is more, Feux coordinated this with the NPO's report, which was even wider in scope and demonstrates significant participation in a smear campaign.

So why not come after the real smearers...like myself?

Evidently you would like us to set up an Anti-Karpathos Campaign to mimic your bizarre crusade against NES. We have more important things to attend to.

We acknowledge that the NPO is the instigator of the smear campaign against UIAF. However, as Anumia says, Lazarus is one of our treaty partners; the NPO is not. As such the NPO taking control of Lazarus, and using it to attack the LKE and our other allies, has implications for our relations with Lazarus.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Karpathos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:52 am

I'm honestly in shock that you're the figure head for the NESsphere. They couldn't get anyone better?
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Karpathos wrote:I'm honestly in shock that you're the figure head for the NESsphere. They couldn't get anyone better?

Maybe NES was busy? In any event, I think Onder makes a great figurehead. Much more fond on titles and long speeches, befitting of any imperial figurehead.
Last edited by Charax on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
◆◆◆

The Holy NeoSpanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy NeoSpanish Empire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:44 pm

im thinking in joining this region

tell me shortly how this is all about

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:54 am

The Holy NeoSpanish Empire wrote:im thinking in joining this region

tell me shortly how this is all about

Thanks for your interest in joining the LKE.

Briefly, The Land of Kings and Emperors is an imperialist region (which seeks to play a role in world affairs and has a strong military) with a internal politics based around a constitutional monarchy and democratic government. It is also a welcoming community with an active and diverse society and culture, which includes a national roleplay element. If you would like more detail on any aspect of this, please send a telegram to my LKE nation Onderkelkia.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Akillian
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Moralistic Democracy

The Land of Kings and Emperors Update

Postby Akillian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:01 pm

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

25 September 2013
WA Delegate: Dekram | Nation Count: 492 | Regional Rank: 17th
LKE Imperial Forums

Head of State: His Supreme Majesty Emperor Onder
Heir Presumptive: His Supreme Highness Crown Prince Falconio
Prince Imperial: His Imperial Highness Gavin Novawk

The Imperial Council
Prime Minister: Sean Ingram
Deputy Prime Minister: Clement Attlee
Secretary of State for the Exterior: Akillian
Secretary of State for the Interior: Newcanada
Secretary of State for Culture: Viktoria Gryfynn
Secretary of Colonial Affairs: John I
Secretary of War: Christopher Bishop

Elections

Elections in the LKE were called after the sudden resignation of Prime Minister Julian Ulrics. The former Prime Minister felt he was unable to maintain the same level of drive he had shown at the start of his term and after achieving all that he wanted, he decided to end his term. The announcement took most by surprise and everyone had to prepare for another election.
Independent candidate Sean Ingram was elected Prime Minister. The new Prime Minister was elected unopposed, enjoying the public support of most political parties. The amount of backing Sean Ingram received was clear as no-one chose to cast a spoilt ballot and Sean Ingram was elected with 100% of the voters behind him.
In the election for the Estates Common, 8 seats were up for grabs. Akillian and Julian Ulrics were elected from the Lion Party, Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika and John I were elected from the Imperial Party and Newcanada was elected from the Renaissance Party. Independent candidates Clement Attlee, Viktoria Gryfynn and Sean Ingram were also elected.

Prime Minister Results

INGRAM, Sean [PM] / ATTLEE, Clement [DPM] (Independent) [ 19 ] [100.00%]
ABSTAIN [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Estates Common Results

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [ 7 ] [8.14%]
ATTLEE, Clement (Independent) [ 12 ] [13.95%]
GRYFYNN, Viktoria (Independent) [ 10 ] [11.63%]
INGRAM, Sean (Independent) [ 15 ] [17.44%]
JOHN I (Imperial Party) [ 10 ] [11.63%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [ 10 ] [11.63%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [ 6 ] [6.98%]
TALLEYRAND-VULIKA, Valfor (Imperial Party) [ 8 ] [9.30%]
ULRICS, Julian (Lion Party) [ 8 ] [9.30%]

Honours

At the end of the previous term, The Emperor awarded honors to individuals for their work and achievements made last term. Honours were awarded on the advice of the outgoing Prime Minister. They are as follows:

For his exceptional commitment to encouraging and creating forum activity, Akillian is created a Companion of the Order of Achievement.

For services to the Estates General, Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika is created a Companion of the Order of the State.

For his contributions to both the Estates General and the domestic agenda, Clement Attlee is created a Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the Realm.

For his leadership, perseverance and success in establishing the foundations of Munster, Sean Ingram is created a Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the Realm.

Everyone in The Land of Kings and Emperors offers their congratulations to those honoured.

A New Government

After his election victory, the new Prime Minister promised exciting developments for the region with a government that will actively lead. Once elected, the Prime Minister made the following speech.

I am certain the citizens of the Land of Kings and Emperors expect that on my first day in office I will address them in a frank and candid manner. This is the time to speak the truth and be bold. The upcoming term promises exciting new developments and hope for a stronger LKE.

A stronger LKE can be achieved by a government that leads and I pledge mine will do so. My government will lead for the citizens of the empire, from here in Julius Street to the Tuath of Munster.

My government will actively take the lead on legislation in the Estates Common. There is one thing the LKE is known for in all of nationstates besides it's military might, and that is our politics. No other region comes close to the level of debate, and often times hostility, that LKEers have found themselves in the middle of. An active legislature will help guarantee dissent and opposition are allowed to grow in order to help facilitate a stronger LKE.

The Sentinel Council will be implemented once again and I look forward to working closely with the Sentinel Councillors. To serve in the SC, I am appointing the following Peers, all of which hold unique viewpoints on how to best direct the Imperial Government.

The Earl of Imperius, Lord Hobgoblin- Prefect
The Earl of Crownchester, Athelstan Macgregor
The Viscount of Shaftesbury, Cephal Talleyrand
The Baron of Dacre, Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
The Baron of Arcadia, Julian Ulrics

My Imperial Council will contribute to a stronger LKE by leading active ministries that work together to solve any problems in the empire than might arise. Each ministry has a specific set of goals and tasks to accomplish this term and I am confident the IC will see the job completed.

The Ministry of the Interior will be in charge of implementing the Comprehensive Citizen Retention Pilot Program. The full details of the CCRPP will be released at a later time, but the focus of the program is obviously citizen retention and will use a variety of different methods that have not been completely developed as of yet.

The Ministry of the Exterior will be focusing his efforts at reviving several interregional summits that were in the works last term.

The Ministry of Culture will be holding events and activities on a weekly basis and there are already several items in the works that are sure to bring culture to a new level.

The Ministry of Colonial Affairs will continue to focus it's efforts on direct aid in Munster while coordinating with the Governors- General.

To head these Ministries and join the Imperial Council, I have chosen the following; all of which I expect to do a fantastic job.

Deputy Prime Minister: Clement Attlee
Secretary of State for Internal Affairs: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
Secretary of State for External Affairs: Akillian
Secretary of State for Cultural Affairs: Viktoria Gryfynn
Secretary of State for Colonial Affairs: John I
Secretary of State for War: Christopher Bishop

Please join us in helping to create a stronger LKE.

Thank you,

Sean D. Ingram

TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET

New Treaty

The foreign relations of the The Land of Kings and Emperors expanded with a new treaty between The Land of Kings and Emperors and Mazeria. The treaty is known as The Treaty of Friendship between Mazeria and the LKE. The treaty was unanimously confirmed by the LKE Estates Common. The treaty was signed just weeks into the new Prime Ministers term. The treaty had been drawn up in the last term but due to the resignation of Julian Ulrics, ratification was delayed.

Situation in Lazarus

It is with regret that the Exterior Ministry must announce that the LKE's treaty with Lazarus has been terminated after serious diplomatic tensions. Emperor Onder ordered the termination of the treaty and the Prime Minister issued the following statement:

The Land of Kings and Emperors notes with sadness that a senator of the New Pacific Order has released a report which alleges that individuals from 'The New Inquisition, the Land of Kings and Emperors, Europeia, and, on a lesser scale, members of Albion and new sinkers Osiris and Balder' form part of an imperialist group, dubbed the 'Ondersphere', and that this group have engaged in 'underhanded social games'. We deny any wrongdoing. We stand by the activities of the United Imperial Armed Forces in defence of The South Pacific and Osiris. In the past we have worked well with the New Pacific Order, cooperating for instance on the liberation of The United Kingdom of Britain. It is therefore a shame that, through an attempt to condemn The New Inquisition and the latest report released by A Mean Old Man, the NPO have engaged in attempts to undermine the LKE and its closest ally.

We further note that within the aforementioned report it was announced that 'NPO Senator and Lazarus Delegate Feux is enacting his retaliation against you and the UIAF for your crimes.' A warning was issued that 'UIAF traitors' would be ejected from Lazarus. The Delegate of Lazarus, as mentioned another senator of the New Pacific Order, then followed through the threat contained in the NPO's report. The LKE has never interfered in the internal affairs of Lazarus and would not tolerate any of its members plotting to do so. We consider the allegations that the individuals who have been ejected are 'UIAF traitors' spurious and believe that the whole affair represents a coordinated attempt led by the NPO to undermine the reputation of the UIAF, including the LKE. Additionally, that the NPO has achieved this by arbitrarily abusing the legal process of Lazarus shatters our confidence in the independence of the rulers of Lazarus.

Accordingly, Emperor Onder has decided to issue five days notice to Lazarus that the LKE is invoking Article IV of the Non-Agression and Cultural Treaty Between Lazarus and The Land of Kings and Emperors, specifically termination of the treaty which exists between our regions. That individuals in control of the Government of Lazarus have participated in a coordinated plot with the NPO to smear the LKE means that continued treaty ties between our regions are unsustainable. We regret that this action has been necessary and in line with the treaty this termination is not to be seen as an act of war or hostility.

Military Activities

The LKE Imperial Army has been busy as part of the United Imperial Armed Forces (UIAF). Recently the UIAF captured Middle Earth with LKE providing close to half the updaters from UIAF forces. Subsequently, Middle Earth was captured at the update and UIAF forces started pouring in before the minor update so any liberation attempt would have had been futile. There were over 12 LKE troops deployed throughout the occupation which lasted about a week.

Despite the many administrative changes to the UIAF command structure, the LKE division command did not change much. A new regiment has actually been formed to include the military of an LKE colony, Munster, within UIAF. Lord Hobgoblin of Redpathia, the Minister of Defense of Munster, was made the regiment commander of the Munster troops. May he lead the Munster regiment to greater heights under the UIAF. The Munster Regiment was named Knights of the Woad by the Munster Viceroy, Sean Ingram.

Additionally, The LKE has also provided a total of 15 units to the occupation of Soviet Union by our friend Osiris. This display of force constitutes a continuation of the war on the FRA as Soviet Union is part of the FRA. We are now beginning to withdraw from Soviet Union and have declared a ceasefire with the FRA for the duration of summit talks, including a commitment that they will not oppose UIAF or LKE raids.

Munster Continues to Grow

The LKE's largest colony, The Electorate of Munster continues to grow and as of today the regional population is 70. RWP was recently re-elected Taoiseach (Chief Executive) and the Tuath Assembly has seen a flurry of new bills.

Server Problems

Recently The Land of Kings and Emperors forum went down. This was down to an unscheduled maintenance on the server and it affected our forum and many others. Things were back to normal within a couple of days. All posts from September the 12th were lost but everything is now back on track and up and running.

Written by: Akillian, Secretary of State for External Affairs with articles from Christopher Bishop, RWP and Sean Ingram.
Last edited by Akillian on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crown Prince of the LKE

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm

You got to fix the format :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Akillian
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Akillian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Format has been changed. There is now only a few little problems :)
Last edited by Akillian on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crown Prince of the LKE

Gamanway
Political Columnist

Founded: May 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Gamanway » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:30 am

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

9th Dec 2013
WA Delegate: Dekram | Nation Count: 381 | Regional Rank: 28th
LKE Imperial Forums

Head of State: HSM Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: HSH Crown Prince Falconio
Prince Imperial: HIH Cephal Talleyrand

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Deputy Prime Minister: Athelstan MacGregor
Secretary of State for External Affairs: Newcanada
Secretary of State for Internal Affairs: Charles IX
Secretary for Colonial Affairs: Athelstan MacGregor
Secretary of State for Culture: Vacant

NEW ELECTIONS, REVOLVING DOORS

Controversy has arisen after two prime ministers in succession, Sean Ingram and Lord Hobgoblin of Redpathia, have been criticised for failing to maintain the activity necessary for running the LKE. The inactivity of both individuals compared to their governments as a whole and the wider population was notable. Valfor Talleyrand-Vulkia, a former premier who served as Deputy Prime Minister under Lord Hobgoblin, has now been appointed Prime Minister by the Emperor, though he is serving as a caretaker because elections are now upcoming with many parties involved and vying to have their say in how to make the Empire a stronger place.

NO CONFIDENCE VOTE

The politics of the region were put on show recently within The LKE as a motion of No Confidence in Prime Minister Lord Hobgoblin was put before the Estates Common. The motion was triggered by a poll from the regional news outlet The Citadel. Gavin Novawk of The Citadel asked ''Do you believe the current Government are competent?'', to which 92.86% of voters voted 'No'.
Following the conclusion of the The Citadel poll, Deputy Prime Minister Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika introduced the motion of No Confidence. However, in another spin to the tale, the Estates Noble passed a motion introduced by Gavin Novawk to the Estates Common highlighting the Prime Minister's lack of activity compared to the rest of the region and to "direct their attention to the Vote of No Confidence" four days after the original motion was introduced into the Estates Common.
Five days following the No Confidence motion, on November 16, the Prime Minister was deemed to have lost the confidence of the Estates Common. His Supreme Majesty Emperor Onder then appointed Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika to the Premiership.

NEW PARTY IN TOWN

Gavin Novawk, a long-standing politician in the Empire, has re-emerged as leader of a new political party, the New Imperial Front. The NIF claims to be the only party with practical, long-lasting solutions to the issues facing the region, and the broader empire. The number of Parties has doubled in the last few elections, where before there were only two major party leaderships. Starting with the founding of Renaissance Party and continued by the NIF, the variety of parties available is creating a broader content base when it comes to voters deciding what candidates will best represent them in the Estates Common, the lower house of the legislature.

REFORMS TO THE ESTATES NOBLE

Reform to the legislature has become reputable for creating huge debate in the Empire. However, previous examples, such as attempts at changes to World Assembly Delegate elections, or the proposal of a council for leaders of Imperial colonies, pale in comparison to current Prime Minister Talleyrand-Vulkia’s proposal to reform the Estates Noble, the upper house of the legislature and assembly of the dignitaries and nobles of the realm. This reform, among other things, would allow Nobles to propose legislation the same as Senators in the lower house.

MUNSTER PROSPERS

Munster continues to grow as the LKE’s most prosperous colony, featuring a unique Irish/Celtic heritage and a direct-democracy government. -You've got to check it out for yourself. There's, of course, an active government in which normal citizens can get involved in! Great people are there too! It just makes the experience that much better! Looking to get a headstart in government? Munster is the best place for that!

"Speaking of experience in Munster, it was literally so active I couldn't even catch up on their affairs. There were gone like the wind once they were set up! Anyone with a great mind-set will prosper inside Munster, and I can guarantee that leadership in Munster will put a headstart in getting into positions in the LKE itself, or with our friends abroad." -LKE Prime Minister Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika

HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES PLANNED

The Grand Empire of the Land of Kings and Emperors cordially invites you to a massive holiday bash-party during the twelve days of Christmas (Dec. 25- Jan. 5)! Each day will have a special theme! Bring Friends, Bring Food, Bring Presents, Bring Joy! You're invited, We're excited, and we can't wait to see you there! In fact, the Prime Minister has made a new header that snows! Come check it out!

Don't forget the Santa Hats, y'all!

Written by: Newcanada, Secretary of State for External Affairs

Kantrian Recruiter
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kantrian Recruiter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:13 am

Congrats on the activity both within LKE and Munster.

Nice update.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay