NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of Kings and Emperors Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ryzalia VIII
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryzalia VIII » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:44 am

Official Statement on the Ongoing LKE Affair
Statement 68-005
25.04.2022 - Day 09

Citizens of the United Kingdom and of the Land of Kings and Emperors, and any other persons who may read this statement,

We find ourselves in the middle of a diplomatic disintegration, one that from the view of the UK government is entirely a failing of the LKE.

The LKE attacks us for refusing to deny citizenship to Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand. I made clear in my initial statement on this matter that the citizenship laws of the UK do not permit such an at-whim action. Unless a person is a threat to our community or is likely to perform criminal acts within the UK, our laws mandate that their citizenship must be accepted. All denials of citizenship are subject to review by the Crown Court, providing additional insurance against such at-whim actions.

We do not empower our Government or any of our officials to deny citizenship to anyone because of a dispute they have within another region, even at the request of a foreign government. Such processes may be present within the LKE, but the blatant disrespect shown by the LKE for the UK and its body of law is on full display thanks to this tantrum due to the government not yielding to the LKE’s pressure campaign. While I was not Prime Minister at the time, I am deeply proud of the previous Government and the regional administration team for maintaining their resolve to process citizenship applications in accordance with UK law, not in accordance with the whims of a disgruntled foreign realm.

I also reject categorically the notion that the UK has a duty to exclude persons that any region has banned from serving in positions within His Majesty’s Government. Such a demand shows a blatant disrespect for the integrity of His Majesty’s Government that LKE suggests such a thing. The person the LKE takes issue with is a former Prime Minister of this realm and a trusted member of our community, and it is my decision alone to appoint them to His Majesty’s Government in any capacity. This decision was taken based upon domestic considerations, once again not in accordance with the whims of a disgruntled foreign realm.

The regional leadership of the LKE may have enquired to this government regarding the situation, and I would have made assurances that there was no change to the policy of relations between the UK and the LKE. His Majesty’s Government would have communicated any such change to the government of the LKE, but as no such change was made, suggestions of such a change are entirely the conjecture and speculations of the LKE.

To be quite candid, the expectations held of the LKE by the UK in this regard show that the LKE did not regard its relationship with the UK as a true partnership, but as a relationship between a dominant partner and their junior, with His Majesty’s Government meant to stand by and simply do whatever bidding is requested. I believe that this has been the perception for a significant period of time, as the LKE has focused on other regions more involved in the gameplay elements of NationStates.

We have not participated in joint events with the LKE for an extended period of time, and most, if not all, of the previous cultural events were instigated by the leadership of the UK. Foreign treaties are created with the intention of building deeper relations, yet the LKE has shown almost no interest in being a partner of the UK for an extended period. Despite this, the LKE still thinks it has the clout to request that the UK extrajudicially deny citizenship to a person, and then further thinks it has the right to pressure the UK about its selected government officials. These developments prove most unsatisfactory.

It is the prerogative of the LKE, of course, to choose the relations they wish to hold, but the treatment of the UK by the LKE over the recent weeks has been entirely self-serving. We will not accept that, nor will we be pressured by a realm that does not have respect for the UK.

Further, the UK does not have, nor does it seek, a large role in gameplay or foreign affairs, but allow me to remind people the differences between our realms:

The Land of Kings and Emperors, as of the drafting of this statement, has 257 nations. The United Kingdom, on the other hand, has 701.

The delegate of the Land of Kings and Emperors currently holds 39 endorsements. The delegate of the United Kingdom, however, holds more than 100.

Both regions moved from their TapaTalk forums to new forums at around the same time, and yet the LKE has managed only 19,000 posts in the period since. The UK, on the other hand, has over 107,000 posts on its forum.

Rather than the LKE recognizing the value of the UK and the meaningful relationship that could have been had, the United Kingdom instead finds itself in a position where the LKE has attempted to shame us and use our region for their own ends.

Finally, I categorically deny the perception the LKE attempts to create that the UK is an unreliable partner. Our role as a signatory of the Treaty of Argyll was to live up to the military, cultural, and diplomatic provision we agreed to. The UK made repeated and continuing endeavours to do this. The Treaty, however, did not require us to act on behalf of the LKE by denying citizenship to individuals they dislike. That this is expected of an ally, particularly one whom the LKE have made almost no effort to have any relation with, is the root of the problem.

The UK does not cause these problems for its allies - in fact, the LKE has been the only one of the UK’s allies to cause these kinds of problems. No other region we have relations with has such remarkable episodes where its government and Crown have disputes of this magnitude, and then attempts to drag us into the disputes. That the LKE is prompted into engaging with the United Kingdom only to demand that we ban individuals from entering our region, and to express their contempt for our selection of governing individuals, speaks volumes to the extent that the LKE has valued the relationship.

Furthermore, NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER was made on the part of the LKE to resolve these issues and attempt reconciliation prior to the revocation of the Treaty of Argyll. No contact was made with my government or the Mikaelson Administration between the initial contact on 27 March 2022 and the public revocation of the Treaty of Argyll two days ago. This is the single largest indication of an unreliable partner in a diplomatic relationship.

The United Kingdom does not and will not behave in a manner so abhorrent to diplomatic relations as to completely fail to make any attempt at resolution before publicly attacking a realm and dissolving a treaty. I lay the fault for the dissolution of this relationship in such acrimonious circumstances wholly at the feet of the LKE, and make it clear in no uncertain terms that the United Kingdom will not tolerate being treated in such a manner by any foreign realm.

Thank you.
Yours,
ALEXIS-KA NITOCRIS MAREN SHERWOOD
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
Alexis-Ka Sherwood, Prime Minister of the NS United Kingdom
The best way to reach me is by TGing Ryzalia or by reaching out on the United Kingdom Discord.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:15 am

Ryzalia VIII wrote: thanks to this tantrum due to the government not yielding to the LKE’s pressure campaign.

You use the term 'tantrum' to refer to the LKE''s relatively short and factual statement.

Any objective observer can see that this term more aptly describes your second attempt at a response above.

Ryzalia VIII wrote:We find ourselves in the middle of a diplomatic disintegration, one that from the view of the UK government is entirely a failing of the LKE.
Ryzalia VIII wrote:Rather than the LKE recognizing the value of the UK and the meaningful relationship that could have been had, the United Kingdom instead finds itself in a position where the LKE has attempted to shame us and use our region for their own ends.

You accuse the LKE of not recognising the value of UK - this in the same statement that you use to compare the LKE unfavourably to UK on selected variables as matters stand today, seeking to diminish the LKE's significance; ironically in a statement where you begin by presenting the LKE's short and factual statement as triggering a "diplomatic disintegration" for UK. Whereas the LKE's statement focused purely on the factual issues involved. Again, it is objectively evident that it is UK that is seeking to appeal to extraneous dismissive perceptions of value, as opposed to sticking to the facts of the matter.

If UK does not like the position where it has placed itself today, that is fundamentally a result of its own choices, not "a failing of the LKE".

Ryzalia VIII wrote:We do not empower our Government or any of our officials to deny citizenship to anyone because of a dispute they have within another region, even at the request of a foreign government. Such processes may be present within the LKE, but the blatant disrespect shown by the LKE for the UK and its body of law is on full display thanks to this tantrum due to the government not yielding to the LKE’s pressure campaign. While I was not Prime Minister at the time, I am deeply proud of the previous Government and the regional administration team for maintaining their resolve to process citizenship applications in accordance with UK law, not in accordance with the whims of a disgruntled foreign realm.

How the UK drafts and applies it internal laws are its own decisions, choices which it is the responsibility of UK's politicians to make based on the interests of their region, but regardless this does not change the basics of what should be reasonably expected of an ally by another region. It does not take much imagination to see why any region would be deeply offended by - after one of its military officers betrays the trust placed in them, in order to seize control of sovereign territory - an ally granting citizenship (effectively sanctuary) to that player in the immediate aftermath of the incident concerned.

However, if you actually read Emperor Felix's statement, you can see that the LKE's main complaint, regarding Astrid Weisberg's citizenship, is not actually the core decision to grant citizenship. Rather, it is the breach of Article 5, Section 1 of the Treaty of Argyll, resulting from UK's disclosure of our request to Astrid Weisberg, thereby not just granting but proactively accelerating her citizenship application and betraying the LKE's confidence in doing so. An unequivocal breach of UK's treaty obligations, which both of your two responses so far have shied away from making any attempt at addressing.

Ryzalia VIII wrote:I also reject categorically the notion that the UK has a duty to exclude persons that any region has banned from serving in positions within His Majesty’s Government. Such a demand shows a blatant disrespect for the integrity of His Majesty’s Government that LKE suggests such a thing. The person the LKE takes issue with is a former Prime Minister of this realm and a trusted member of our community, and it is my decision alone to appoint them to His Majesty’s Government in any capacity. This decision was taken based upon domestic considerations, once again not in accordance with the whims of a disgruntled foreign realm.

The LKE has not made any demands regarding who UK puts in its government. However, in making choices as to who to appoint to a government, a wise Prime Minister takes into account all implications - including foreign affairs as well as domestic politics - and others will inevitably draw inferences based on those appointments. You cannot exempt yourself from the fact that you live in an inter-regional world. In this instance, where you appointed a person, as your Deputy Prime Minister, who launched a public attack on the LKE by leaking content from our forums days before (not to mention another person who committed espionage against the LKE by leaking cabinet information to a foreign power as your Defence Minister), the message sent is loud and clear.

The fact that you falsely accuse us making demands - when we simply reached a judgement that your actions negated the trust that we held in you as an ally - is indicative of why we do not trust you to engage in good-faith diplomacy. The same applies to your leak of our previous reques to Astrid Weisberg - how we can we be expected to communicate with a government that immediately takes whatever we say confidentially and goes back to our enemies?

Ryzalia VIII wrote:Furthermore, NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER was made on the part of the LKE to resolve these issues and attempt reconciliation prior to the revocation of the Treaty of Argyll. No contact was made with my government or the Mikaelson Administration between the initial contact on 27 March 2022 and the public revocation of the Treaty of Argyll two days ago. This is the single largest indication of an unreliable partner in a diplomatic relationship.

With this very statement, you illustrate precisely why the LKE did not view further negotiations as productive. You mischaracterise the LKE's cordial and straightforward request on 27 March - that you not grant refuge to a disgruntled LKE military officer who had abused their position in the LKE to seize an LKE territory, an act of war - as a "pressure campaign". If the LKE had come back to you with further concerns, you categorically confirm in your statement above that you would not have taken any actual actions as a result (e.g. by removing Elizabeth Somerset); you would only have told us that we were wrong to be concerned. As such, we would have ended up in the same place, but with you dishonestly presenting our requests as part of a "pressure campaign".

If UK wants to encourage the LKE to enter into negotiations, then it should not misrepresent reasonable requests as a "pressure campaign". Nor should UK choose to leak the requests that the the LKE has reasonably made of it to the LKE's enemies, in doing so breaching UK's treaty obligations to the LKE.

Finally, as UK's Prime Minister has decided to grace the LKE's embassy, there is a matter which I wish to raise.

Yesterday evening, UK's Princess of Wales, Silver Steps, bizarrely moved her main and WA nation into an LKE placeholder region, Land of Kings and Emperors. She kept it there for 33 minutes and then withdrew it. Shortly after she withdraw it, several other nations started to move into Land of Kings and Emperors and then into the actual LKE region, one moving back and forth. Some of these nations have histories of prior residency in UK according to NS History.

I was disappointed to see UK and its monarchy engaging in this disruptive and unprofessional behaviour.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

The Universe World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Universe World » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:18 am

How to Speedrun the Destruction of a Region: The Land of Kings and Emperors Edition

It would have been an even quicker fall if the attention of NS/NSGP was not briefly diverted to the EmbassyRegionia Crisis.
Last edited by The Universe World on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

South Boston Irishmen
Secretary

Founded: Jan 26, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Boston Irishmen » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:16 am

Just one short clarification, when the person in question applied for citizenship, their application was not rushed, nor was it given special treatment of any kind. An admin was on at the time, did the normal checks that are done in all applications, and approved it. :)

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:51 am

LK;DR: "your biggest crime was actually the part where you *told* people we were being dicks - that's espionage!"
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:38 am

Onderkelkia wrote:You use the term 'tantrum' to refer to the LKE''s relatively short and factual statement.

Any objective observer can see that this term more aptly describes your second attempt at a response above.

First time i've ever seen Onder so.....Gameplayish. You must have hit a nerve :lol:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:42 am

All politics aside that is really excellently written.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:32 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:LK;DR: "your biggest crime was actually the part where you *told* people we were being dicks - that's espionage!"

Submitting a straightforward and cordial request to an ally on a single occasion, categorically not a "pressure campaign", that citizenship not be extended to an Astrid Weisberg, in the immediate aftermath of her seizure of sovereign LKE territory, hardly warrants the appellation that you are affixing to it. United Kingdom declining that request was disappointing, but the situation was indeed significantly aggravated by UK then failing to uphold its treaty obligations.

UK freely entered into the Treaty of Argyll, including the non-disclosure of information provisions under Article 5. By disclosing the LKE's request in breach of those treaty provisions, UK betrayed the LKE's confidence, encouraged Astrid Weisberg to submit her application sooner (more rapidly bringing about the outcome that LKE opposed, which UK was supposedly only unable to prevent for reasons of domestic law) and provided her with a talking point that she subsequently deployed against the LKE. The UK Government committed a treaty breach that was both unequivocal and consequential. In their subsequent responses, they have avoided this fact by completely ignoring the relevant portion of Emperor Felix's statement, opting instead for rhetorical distractions.

That situation is now followed by UK falsely claiming that the LKE has made demands about how they appoint their cabinet - which we have not, we have merely taken a view based on the merits of their appointments - and by UK's Monarchy very strangely instigating a spree of puppets moving in and out of the LKE and our placeholder region. Despite this behaviour, UK then turns around and wonders why the LKE does not think talking to them is productive.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Ganolfan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ganolfan » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:33 pm

Onderkelkia wrote: encouraged Astrid Weisberg to submit her application sooner (more rapidly bringing about the outcome that LKE opposed, which UK was supposedly only unable to prevent for reasons of domestic law)

I am sorry, but where are getting that United Kingdom encouraged her to submit her application sooner?
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ganolfan
Sovereign: Her Majesty, Queen Winifred | Prime Minister: Rhydian Powell
Foreign Secretary: Rowena McCord | WA Ambassador: Ellis Grey

a.k.a. HM Queen Elizabeth III & The Hinterplace
Gameplay and Roleplay-Oriented Nation

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Ganolfan wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote: encouraged Astrid Weisberg to submit her application sooner (more rapidly bringing about the outcome that LKE opposed, which UK was supposedly only unable to prevent for reasons of domestic law)

I am sorry, but where are getting that United Kingdom encouraged her to submit her application sooner?

Encouragement by the effect of giving her the incentive to apply and the assurance she will not be denied, in light of the information divulged.

By disclosing that the LKE requested that a future application be denied and you turned the LKE down, you self-evidently encourage her to apply when her incentive is to antagonise the LKE and she has the assurance that UK will not pay heed to LKE's concerns, compared to if she is left in a state of ignorance.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Maybe actually use her full name, Onder? Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand. She's still a Talleyrand, as am I.
Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand
Married to Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand
Exiled Prime Minister of the LKE

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:58 pm

Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand wrote:Maybe actually use her full name, Onder? Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand. She's still a Talleyrand, as am I.

I am accustomed to referring to her by her username ("Astrid Weisberg") when she joined the LKE, but I am happy to use the version with "Talleyrand".

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand
Lobbyist

Postby Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:55 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:
Ganolfan wrote:I am sorry, but where are getting that United Kingdom encouraged her to submit her application sooner?

Encouragement by the effect of giving her the incentive to apply and the assurance she will not be denied, in light of the information divulged.

By disclosing that the LKE requested that a future application be denied and you turned the LKE down, you self-evidently encourage her to apply when her incentive is to antagonise the LKE and she has the assurance that UK will not pay heed to LKE's concerns, compared to if she is left in a state of ignorance.

I also would like to clarify the order of events, and make statements for my wife, if you'll allow me, Onder. Astrid and I were already planning on taking a vacation after my term as Prime Minister, and we were going to visit NSUK. Akillian invited us there either right before or soon after I took office, long before the events happened. Upon the completion of my term, we were already going to send our full names to there, as a visit, and to check it out as a large portion of the Talleyrand family resides in NSUK now.

Upon being encouraged to resign as Prime Minister, my wife was furious. She is a very protective and loving person, and that was her last straw. Everyone else left after that, in what order and why exactly, I don't recall. For this story, it doesn't matter. My next move, was to apply for citizenship in NSUK, something that was already a plan, and something that I undertook essentially right after leaving LKE. My wife had plans to follow, and she did the following Monday, after tending to me after some IRL stuff happened.

This is all to say, that Astrid's citizenship application had absolutely nothing to with her being antagonistic towards you, and had everything to do with her attempting to move away from our exile, and move on. The last time my wife has meaningfully interacted in any way that could be seen as antagonistic towards you, has been her response to Valfor Talleyrand, her Great-Uncle and close friend, on his forum post in game. I have not made any serious attempt to undermine LKE, or its relationship with its allies, though if you really wanted to see someone that has reasons to be mad at you, I'll freely admit that I don't care for what's happened, and every day I'm not allowed to move on I get more angry.
Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:17 pm

Earlier on the same day as the LKE's request that she not be granted citizenship in UK and her later UK citizenship application (27 March), Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand created an entire new region that did not previously exist, just so that she could stick an insult towards the LKE and Balder on the WFE.

If you are purporting that Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand was not acting out of antagonism towards the LKE at that time, you are straining all credulity.

In any case, it makes no difference to UK's breach of the Treaty of Argyll by the disclosure or the material character of that breach as outlined.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand
Lobbyist

Postby Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:42 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:Earlier on the same day as the LKE's request that she not be granted citizenship in UK and her later UK citizenship application (27 March), Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand created an entire new region that did not previously exist, just so that she could stick an insult towards the LKE and Balder on the WFE.

If you are purporting that Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand was not acting out of antagonism towards the LKE at that time, you are straining all credulity.

In any case, it makes no difference to UK's breach of the Treaty of Argyll by the disclosure or the material character of that breach as outlined.

Many apologies, that was acting out of antagonism, I had honestly forgotten about that. I will note that, my timeline was messed up, but the fact of the matter stands, that the decision to join NSUK had nothing to do with LKE. Do you have proof of the breach?
Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:Earlier on the same day as the LKE's request that she not be granted citizenship in UK and her later UK citizenship application (27 March), Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand created an entire new region that did not previously exist, just so that she could stick an insult towards the LKE and Balder on the WFE.

Many apologies, that was acting out of antagonism, I had honestly forgotten about that. I will note that, my timeline was messed up, but the fact of the matter stands, that the decision to join NSUK had nothing to do with LKE. Do you have proof of the breach?

For starters, Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand revealed her knowledge of it, by her use of the plural, in the very post that you just referred to above.

The initial choice to join UK may have driven by other factors indeed, with the arrival of Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand's nation into UK preceding the LKE raising the concern (as that is what led to the LKE contacting UK), but the effect suggested is not about the choice to join the UK; it is the timing of the citizenship application 2 hours after the LKE's request (i.e. that this was sooner than it would otherwise have been as a result of the disclosure).

Frankly, you are skipping from one implausible suggestion to another in an effort to excuse the inexcusable.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand
Lobbyist

Postby Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:37 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:

For starters, Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand revealed her knowledge of it, by her use of the plural, in the very post that you just referred to above.

The initial choice to join UK may have driven by other factors indeed, with the arrival of Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand's nation into UK preceding the LKE raising the concern (as that is what led to the LKE contacting UK), but the effect suggested is not about the choice to join the UK; it is the timing of the citizenship application 2 hours after the LKE's request (i.e. that this was sooner than it would otherwise have been as a result of the disclosure).

Frankly, you are skipping from one implausible suggestion to another in an effort to excuse the inexcusable.

That was referring to LWU, a region we are not a part of anymore. Is that really your proof?
Rose Weisberg-Talleyrand

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:55 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:For starters, Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand revealed her knowledge of it, by her use of the plural, in the very post that you just referred to above.

That was referring to LWU, a region we are not a part of anymore. Is that really your proof?

Firstly, the phrasing was: "other regions I am a part of". Meaning multiple regions that she was part of at that time.

Secondly, while it is conclusive in itself, that post is not the only evidence - but it is the evidence that was contained in a post that you referenced.

More generally, if UK's government wishes to come forward and categorically deny any communications by UK members to Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand regarding the LKE's approach, then I invite them to do so. But both of their official responses thus far conspicuously ignored the matter of the disclosure.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Madeline Mikaelson
Civilian

Founded: Jan 24, 2021

I am so annoyed this is my first forum post ever.

Postby Madeline Mikaelson » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:28 pm

I have a lot of unkind things I could say, but my mother raised me right and part of that is to call out people who are quite literally lying to paint themselves as the ever flawless victim.

Onder, bestie, why you lying?

Astrid was never contacted nor informed by myself nor members of my Government of your request to have her blocked from citizenship and banned because she took away a trophy you were foolish enough to let her hold onto. I've actually never spoken to her on discord, I'm sure she's lovely though, been super quiet in the UK even when she joined initially. I can only imagine why.

So, no, actually the UK never breached that provision of the Treaty, so you burned a bridge and tried to make us look bad, for what exactly? Clearly you need to get some hobbies and touch some grass. Stop dragging good people down for your irrational vendetta against people who clearly have better things to do with their lives than follow your version of how Regions should be run.
Last edited by Madeline Mikaelson on Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Not So Friendly Neighborhood Egirl

I hate it here, someone take my internet away!

JayDee II
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 10, 2017

Postby JayDee II » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:30 pm

Please bear with me as I am apparently incredibly stupid, but this whole situation is so confusing I honestly can't wrap my head around it.

So let me get this straight, LKE gets called out for trying to influence a region's domestic decisions and calls foul. My experience is rather wanting in terms of executive experience, but I don't remember ever asking or being asked to make certain decisions by another region under any condition. This was despite my very own efforts to prevent John Laurens-Wessex (aka Constie) from being given citizenship. Surprisingly, despite being soft banned from Euro, Europeia made no attempt to reach out to me about his citizenship. Now that I realize this is the norm, I feel like Euro was just deliberately ignoring me :(

So NSUK ignores this request as it is legally bound to. Then it comes to your shock that yet another person uses the free speech guaranteed by our constitution to disparage a region that has been less than kind to her. Seriously? What are we gonna do? Arrest her for having an opinion? God forbid all of NSUK isn't dropping to its knees to support every whim of LKE. I mean come on! If I spat in someone's face and chased them off, I'd hardly have any right to act indignant when they say bad things about me.

Also, what are the relevant portions of Emperor Felix's *cough* I mean Onder's *cough* statement? I have a degree in law with a lot of depth in philosophical and literal analysis but I cannot-for the life of me-understand what is going on here.

"Merely taken a view based on the merits of their appointment." Onder. No one does this. No one. Not a singular person. Except for people obsessed with control. Especially not for a region like NSUK. I mean I'd understand if it was some reincarnation of pure evil like Glen or Cormac (are those names even relevant anymore, I've been gone so long), but it's not. It's Elizabeth, who was in NSUK before and even served as Prime Minister. She poses no threat to us, has posed no threat to us, and until something changes will continue to pose no threat to us. This isn't Europeia with its fingerprints marking the entire NS sphere, this is NSUK which barely even has a GP embassy and has always stuck to itself.

Not that I have anything against Europeia, still love you guys!

NSUK is so irrelevant to interregional politics that the fact this whole thing has been dragged out is ridiculous. These people have not, in my entire time here, ever cared to engage deeply in the outside community. We have always done our own thing and we have entered into relations with no illusion to the contrary. Regions who establish relations with us do so knowing full well that we are our own people who prefer to stick to ourselves.

So what were you expecting to happen when you guys came knocking with demands?
Last edited by JayDee II on Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President of Europeia

Small Handed Pit-Viper

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:44 pm

Ryzalia VIII wrote:Further, the UK does not have, nor does it seek, a large role in gameplay or foreign affairs, but allow me to remind people the differences between our realms:

The Land of Kings and Emperors, as of the drafting of this statement, has 257 nations. The United Kingdom, on the other hand, has 701.

The delegate of the Land of Kings and Emperors currently holds 39 endorsements. The delegate of the United Kingdom, however, holds more than 100.

Both regions moved from their TapaTalk forums to new forums at around the same time, and yet the LKE has managed only 19,000 posts in the period since. The UK, on the other hand, has over 107,000 posts on its forum.

@ JayDee you guys already population + endo + active members + forum post + L + ratio'd them, they're dead, you can stop now ;P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

JayDee II
Bureaucrat

Postby JayDee II » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Ryzalia VIII wrote:Further, the UK does not have, nor does it seek, a large role in gameplay or foreign affairs, but allow me to remind people the differences between our realms:

@ JayDee you guys already population + endo + active members + forum post + L + ratio'd them, they're dead, you can stop now ;P

@EWS I'm in the American military, beating dead horses is what they pay me to do
President of Europeia

Small Handed Pit-Viper

Southeast Rhodesia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 30, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Southeast Rhodesia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Throws a Tomato at Onder
Last edited by Southeast Rhodesia on Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:46 am

Madeline Mikaelson wrote:Onder, bestie, why you lying?

Astrid was never contacted nor informed by myself nor members of my Government of your request to have her blocked from citizenship and banned because she took away a trophy you were foolish enough to let her hold onto.

It is impossible for Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand to have been aware of the LKE's approach to UK, as she was, unless the information originated from a member of UK's government, directly or indirectly via another UK member after it was spread around, and it is implausible to regard this as being unconnected to the fact that she chose to submit the application directly after the LKE's request. If there is lying in this thread, it is by UK's current and former officials, whether your attempt now (UK having initially ignored it) to deny this or by the false claim that the LKE issued demands about UK cabinet appointments.

JayDee II wrote:So let me get this straight, LKE gets called out for trying to influence a region's domestic decisions and calls foul.
JayDee II wrote:So what were you expecting to happen when you guys came knocking with demands?
JayDee II wrote:NSUK is so irrelevant to interregional politics that the fact this whole thing has been dragged out is ridiculous.

Our straightforward and cordial request to deny Astrid Weisberg-Talleyrand's citizenship was an eminently reasonable one to make, after her seizure of sovereign LKE territory - an act of the utmost gravity, albeit an act which Madeline Mikaelson reveals above by her remarks that she did not regard or treat as such as UK Prime Minister, despite UK's treaty with LKE recognising our sovereignty over our territories - and that it was the period of the immediate aftermath of the incident. Separately, the LKE made no attempt to influence UK's decisions about its cabinet; we merely responded to those decisions.

Bearing in mind UK's actions, the LKE reasonable view was that UK was no longer worthy of our trust. In response, UK issued a first statement and subsequently a more inflammatory second statement, both of which focused on rhetorical distractions rather than the factual issues involved.

JayDee II wrote:Especially not for a region like NSUK.

UK accused the LKE of not placing value on UK in its statement, but it is apparent that we take UK more seriously than several of its members. Regardless of UK's differing approach, that does not change the basics of friendliness that are expected of an ally, nor excuse UK's breach of the Treaty of Argyll.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

JayDee II
Bureaucrat

Postby JayDee II » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:36 am

Onder, please leave cherry-picking to the farmers.

Your "straight-forward and cordial request" should not even exist at all. With what little I know of this case, it seems less like Astrid seized your territory and more like you simply gave it to her and didn't like what she did with it. Seriously, you banned her, your hands are clean. No need to start meddling in other people's affairs for a relatively harmless person. It's not your place to be trying to meddle in other regions' domestic affairs.

You're really good at playing the victim though, I'll give you that. While I have no idea what this request looked like, if it came from you I can imagine it was not cordial at all. Honestly, given your love for text walls, I'd question if it was even straightforward.

I think what the UK doesn't value is a relationship that was never mutually beneficial for at least the past few years. We have made multiple attempts to reach out for joint operations or visits-myself included-but were either met with silence or your PM simply admitted it was not possible. It is evident you never saw this treaty as a mutual exchange, but as a benefactor for the LKE's every whimsical desire.

You can say what you want about how the statements are phrased, we didn't ban half our region for disagreeing with us.
President of Europeia

Small Handed Pit-Viper

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay