NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of Kings and Emperors Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Mon May 07, 2018 6:45 am

Imperialist logic: We got curbstomped, but it's not a failure!

Geez, if high turnout and willingness to uphold commitments is all it takes to avoid taking an L, I've never lost an op! You get a W, and you get a W, and you get a W....everyone gets a W!
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon May 07, 2018 7:02 am

Salvarity wrote:
Consular wrote:
These two things don't really seem to reconcile all that well, do they?

The parts of the comment you cut out were literally on why we don't consider the operation a failure even though all goals were not achieved.

Yeah I thought your reason was silly

"Oh well we lost really badly but we tried hard so we win in our books!" Hahaha

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Salvarity » Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 am

Consular wrote:
Salvarity wrote:
The parts of the comment you cut out were literally on why we don't consider the operation a failure even though all goals were not achieved.

Yeah I thought your reason was silly

"Oh well we lost really badly but we tried hard so we win in our books!" Hahaha

Nowhere did I state that the LKE 'won' in Lazarus. I chose to look at what we did right and why we should not be ashamed of it. The fact of the matter is that Imkiville couped and we did not have control over that. If we had improved our deployment numbers or whatever else was in our power, we could not have prevented the Khanate from trusting one of their own officers.

On the regional politics side, we are glad of our actions in Lazarus. While the current state of Lazarus is regrettable, we managed to prolong non-defenderist control of the region by months, something we never expected to see after the 2013 coup. Now, the worst that can happen is a return to the status quo. We lost nothing in the long-term except some time and energy, but so be it.

Vincent Drake wrote:Imperialist logic: We got curbstomped, but it's not a failure!

Geez, if high turnout and willingness to uphold commitments is all it takes to avoid taking an L, I've never lost an op! You get a W, and you get a W, and you get a W....everyone gets a W!

If this is a joke, it is not very funny.

Frankly, our position on Lazarus is clear. I am sure you guys want to keep gloating and displaying your mastery of hindsight, but this discussion will not continue.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016

Postby Vincent Drake » Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 am

I have no stake in Lazarus, as GCR affairs are not my business. I just find your positions to be absurd. You call us userite subversives, dedicating practically your entire foreign policy to a state of affairs that hasn't existed in years, but then jump right into a GCR to try and affect its politics. You claim to be a subset of independence, but you have an obsession with opposing defenders that even many straight up raiders don't have. You lose an op, badly, but then claim it's not a failure.

Earth to LKE: When your life mission is to oppose defenders, defenders will call you out when you lose. One day, perhaps you will notice that it's 2018 and most of us don't do the GCR game, so I have no idea why you still treat us like this. Congrats on your big L!
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Looks like Onder trained himself a bunch of MiniOnders :?

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon May 07, 2018 3:24 pm

It would appear that OnderKelkia's inability to handle jokes has become contagious.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Foreign Dispatch
Volume X, Issue V

LKE Imperial Forums | LKE NationStates Page

WA Delegate: Cawdor East (Thea Sebastian)
| Nation Count: 329 | Regional Rank: 34th |

The Monarchy

Emperor: Theoden Sebastian
Emperor Emeritus: Onder Kelkia
Empress: Thea Sebastian
Crown Prince: Linkin Talleyrand
Prince Imperial: Akillian Talleyrand

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Megaleiotha Eirhno
Deputy Prime Minister: Paulus Gaius Epistre
Minister of the Exterior: Thomas Insaniac
Minister of Culture: Rex Ciphra
Minister of Colonies: Barzai Ux Loddhan

The Imperial Senate

President: Barzai Ux Loddhan (The Lion Party)
Senator: Julio of Nulkia-Sova (The Lion Party)
Senator: Paulus Gaius Epistre (The Lion Party)
Senator: Megaleiotha Eirhno (The Lion Party)
Senator: Vacant

Holiday Happenings!!

Soldiers of the Imperial Army getting used to their new equipment.

We in The Land of Kings and Emperors observed Imperial Reclamation Day on the 29th of May. This occasion remembers and celebrates the valiant actions of the Imperial Army, on that day in 2012 we reclaimed the United Kingdom of Britain from the reprehensible forces of the Greater German Reich. To mark the occasion His Supreme Majesty sought it fit to bestow awards and titles upon those who have faithfully served The Land of Kings and Emperors in the prior months. For their honorable work in the Thematic Commission, in the Imperial Council, and commitment to regional culture, Paulus Gaius Epistre and Rex Ciphra were awarded the Order of Achievement. For his service in the Imperial Colonies, Barzai ux Loddhan was awarded the Order of Empire. For his extensive service to The Land of Kings and Emperors and his extensive leadership in the prior months, Prime Minister Megaleiotha Eirhno was appointed the Order of Superbus with Distinction.

Alongside the medals given out, His Supreme Majesty generated Letters Patent CXCVI and Letters Patent CXCVII on this day. Letters Patent CXCVI has named former Minister of Communications and current President of the Lion Party, Rayregalia von Arcadia as Governor-General of The Land of Dragonia. While Letters Patent CXCVI concerned Minister of the Exterior Thomas Insaniac. For his extensive service in the Ministry of the Exterior, his commitment to regional activity, and extensive service to the State, he was named as Baron of Nassau.

Cultural Imperialism

Our Inspiration

The Land of Kings and Emperors has experienced big changes in our themes during the month of May. In mid-April, His Supreme Majesty Theoden Sebastian appointed Minister of the Exterior Thomas Insaniac to head the aptly named Insaniac commission. Joined by Minister of Culture Rex Ciphra and Deputy Prime Minister Paulus Gaius Epistre; this commission was tasked with reviewing the current cultural landscape of the Imperial Homeland and attempt to bring the LKE closer to its historical theme; that of the Holy Roman Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. This was to be done while keeping in mind the extensive history of the LKE and our nature as an English speaking community. In the end, the commission presented a report to His Supreme Majesty with over six pages of recommendations in what to maintain and what could be changed.

On the 18th of May, His Supreme Majesty Theoden Sebastian revealed the changes that would be adopted in the coming weeks. Alongside naming changes to the Imperial Army, institutions, and the Imperial Government we expect a full review of the laws and decrees of the realm. This is in order to bring them in line with the thematic changes. While these are not major changes in the way The Land of Kings and Emperors will functionality operate, this commission is just another facet of the massive cultural rejuvenation we have seen during the reign of Emperor Theoden.

Legislative Landslide!

Prime Minister Eirhno taking a break after an especially challenging day in the Senate.

May and June have proved themselves to be very busy months for the Imperial Diet. During this time, we have seen a multitude of acts presented to His Supreme Majesty. From Constitutional amendments directly affecting Elector status to minor cultural changes.

However, what is possibly more important than what has reached His Supreme Majesty, are the acts that are still being fiercely debated. In the public forum of the Imperial Diet, regular citizens have taken to debate and proposal of The Criminal Code, Midterm Elections, and Cultural Elections Act. In the actual Imperial Senate, the law making body of the Imperial Diet, the before mentioned Midterm Elections billed was narrowly defeated, returned to debate, and was then passed once more. However, the Government Styles Act did not see the same fortunate, it has sat in defeat since it was first rejected.

With the June General Elections appearing on the horizon, we await to see how these debates will form up, or will they become hot button topics for the election.

Other News Of The Realm...

-The Westiana Prize committee has declared Thomas Insaniac the recipient of the April 2018 Westiana Prize.

-The Imperial Army is currently deployed in Osiris; assisting with the Delegacy transition.

Brought to you by the Ministry of the Exterior

On behalf of His Supreme Majesty's Government, Peers, Electors and the Imperial House of the LKE.
Last edited by Salvarity on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Linkin Nights
Secretary

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linkin Nights » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:09 pm

IMPERIAL GOVERNMENT STATEMENT
Termination of Treaty

The Land of Kings and Emperors has always valued our partnerships with other regions, and we take very seriously our commitments to our allies. That being said, we also expect as much from them. The LKE has generally employed a policy of neutrality when differences arise between our friends. We had hope to continue this practice following the recent events between Europeia, Balder and Osiris. However, while we respect the disagreements between sovereign regions, we cannot let slander of the LKE go without action. 

In Osiris' dispute with Balder, Osiris has continued to issue unprovoked taunts and false claims directed at the LKE. The Pharaoh of Osiris can be found personally spreading conspiracy theories attacking the LKE and our relationship with Balder in Balder’s Gameplay embassy. The Pharaoh went as far as accusing the Balderan Foreign Minister and former Delegate, Zander Cerebella of being from the LKE, when he has in fact never been a citizen of the LKE. Indeed our ties with Balder have remained strong through the many years of our friendship. However, the government of Balder has always operated independently from our own. Although our enemies would have you believe dual citizenship of a few calls for undermining the elected government of Balder, we remain bonded to the people of Balder and will continue to support our allies into the future. 

The Government of Balder chose to terminate their treaty with Osiris, as is their right, but this in no way calls for Osiris to aggressively attack and campaign against the LKE. It is especially unfortunate that this climate has arisen given our history with Osiris, where in the past our forces in the LKE Imperial Army contributed to the security of Osiris in defeating the June-July 2013 coup and supporting the formation of the Osiris Fraternal Order later that year. Our government later granted much-needed inter-regional legitimacy to the Transitional Government by transferring support and recognition from Almighty Jesus Whale in 2016. 

In light of the behavior which Osiris has exhibited, our bilateral alliance is no longer sustainable. The LKE is hereby terminating the Treaty of Maxonberg with immediate effect. It is disappointing that the actions of Osiris have placed the LKE in this position, but it is clear that the circumstances of our previous relationship are no longer in place for a healthy partnership to continue.
Prince of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Archduke of The Land of Dragonia, Governor General of Niso, Governor of Ilum

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Congratulations to Osiris!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:27 pm

No one cares Onder. Take the hint.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:27 pm

A day late and a dollar short. Osiris already repealed the Treaty of Maxonberg two days ago, in the process also declaring your Emperor Emeritus, Onder Kelkia, persona non grata and stripping your Lord High Steward, North East Somerset, of citizenship in Osiris. I'm sure Osiris will be getting around to releasing a statement about this at some point, or perhaps the Pharaoh has chosen not to dignify your region with a statement. Either way.

The long and short of it is that we don't take kindly to userite imperialist occupation of our sister Sinker, and we hold The LKE accountable for it.

Linkin Nights wrote:It is especially unfortunate that this climate has arisen given our history with Osiris, where in the past our forces in the LKE Imperial Army contributed to the security of Osiris in defeating the June-July 2013 coup and supporting the formation of the Osiris Fraternal Order later that year. Our government later granted much-needed inter-regional legitimacy to the Transitional Government by transferring support and recognition from Almighty Jesus Whale in 2016.

Two things:

1) You opposed the Transitional Government. You later recognized the legitimacy of the new constitutional government, quite some time after other, more important regions had already done so. We didn't need you. It was only because I was feeling benevolent that we kept your treaty at all.

2) When the only claim to assisting Osiris you can make that isn't questionable happened five years ago, that really says everything that needs to be said about the value of this alliance to Osiris. The Treaty of Maxonberg hasn't benefited Osiris in years. Good riddance to it, and to The LKE.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:28 pm

checks watch
You're late

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:39 pm

"You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!"

What a fucking joke. Are they pretending they weren't aware of Osiris terminating the treaty, or were they so incompetent they didn't check?
Last edited by Syberis on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Linkin Nights
Secretary

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linkin Nights » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:A day late and a dollar short. Osiris already repealed the Treaty of Maxonberg two days ago, in the process also declaring your Emperor Emeritus, Onder Kelkia, persona non grata and stripping your Lord High Steward, North East Somerset, of citizenship in Osiris. I'm sure Osiris will be getting around to releasing a statement about this at some point, or perhaps the Pharaoh has chosen not to dignify your region with a statement. Either way.

The long and short of it is that we don't take kindly to userite imperialist occupation of our sister Sinker, and we hold The LKE accountable for it.
Too bad you didn't inform the LKE, or make a statement, or begin the process of demolishing our embassy, or else that might actually mean something.

The LKE came to the above decision without any knowledge of any process inside Osiris. Discussions regarding terminating the alliance have been going on inside the LKE for some time. Our decision became an inevitability in light of Altino's insulting and false statements.

Syberis wrote:"You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!"

What a fucking joke. Are they pretending they weren't aware of Osiris terminating the treaty, or were they so incompetent they didn't check?
We were unaware of your discussions, though I'm not too surprised. If Osiris wanted to terminate the treaty, it was for Osiris to inform us.

It's interesting that your idea of incompetence is not spying on your allies.
Prince of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Archduke of The Land of Dragonia, Governor General of Niso, Governor of Ilum

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Linkin Nights wrote:<snip>

You're mistaking me for someone interested in arguing point-by-point with you. I would have to care a lot more if I were going to bother doing that. The truth is I'm absolutely delighted our alliance with The LKE has ended, and I would be just as delighted had you ended it first. I'm just pointing out that you didn't end it first, whether you were aware yet of the treaty's termination on our end or not. But above all, I'm just glad it's over. It's about time.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Linkin Nights wrote:
Syberis wrote:"You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!"

We were unaware of your discussions, though I'm not too surprised. If Osiris wanted to terminate the treaty, it was for Osiris to inform us.

It's interesting that your idea of incompetence is not spying on your allies.

I know, right? Spying on your allies is crazy! Good thing the LKE doesn't ally with those regions.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Linkin Nights wrote:It's interesting that your idea of incompetence is not spying on your allies.

Or ya' know, NES could've told you after they were stripped of citizenship and it didn't matter anymore :roll:

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Oh hey, a statement from Linkin!

Did you write this one yourself, or was it written for you like usual?? :)

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Damn, this is the first this embassy was used since I was MoE.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Alkasia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alkasia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Salvarity wrote:Damn, this is the first this embassy was used since I was MoE.

They prefer Balder as a mouthpiece these days.
Former Delegate of XKI, current Reject with a penchant for murder.
Defender Romeo
Democratic Socialist
Koth wrote:Alk resembles some sort of slime mold that asexually reproduces scum, as is standard for XKI natives
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.
Kanglia wrote:Can confirm lynching Alk is the most satisfying thing. :p
Sarakart wrote:What a time to be alive. Welcome to the legislative revolution, the liberation wars have begun.

In reference to XKI's Embassy thread:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:"Something you thought you'd never see for $3000, Alex."

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Linkin and Onder are both making a habit out of sticking their noses into inter-regional disputes where their regions are barely, if at all, involved. It is already wearing thin.

This will all backfire soon, I feel.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Oh dear.

I hope that LKE doesn't take offense to a delayed announcement from Osiris on the termination of our treaty. Osiris has had a few recent instances where members of our region were declared persona non grata and never informed about it, so we understand the confusion and frustration in finding out about these things in an unprofessional manner. That is the sort of thing that makes a mockery of all parties involved, and we would of course not subject others to the same situation. An official announcement regarding the termination of our treaty with LKE was put on pause in part to give the game as a whole time to enjoy NS' Zombie Day festivities and Halloween holidays without any unneeded drama stealing away their attention in the game. These are times when we should be spending time with our communities and with our families, far be it from me to horde that time over an alliance that has long been crippled. An end to any alliance between Osiris and Onder-controlled regions should be a surprise to exactly no one at this point. Secondly, Osiris did not merely end a treaty with LKE, but was engaged in - and is still engaged in - conversations and votes on a number of other issues, which we intended to announce together, internally and to GP at large as appropriate. These announcements can be expected to follow as soon as we are able to release them. Unfortunately, these are matters that had to be taken care of in a couple of rounds. We could have made separate announcements for them, of course, but why stir the same pot twice? There is a difference between genuine concerns and errant GP drama created by bored people with no real direction. We wish as often as possible to avoid the latter.

At the end of the day, recent trouble aside, LKE has been invisible in Osiris' pursuits for a long while. In LKE's endeavor to represent Onder as a voice from Balder rather than a voice from his own region, they've left themselves entirely silent with their allies to a staggering degree. I've been Pharaoh for over 5 months now and the one and only time I've spoken to Linkin was a 6-message exchange in DM giving details on our delegate transition. Keeping a stance of silent neutrality while mutual friends fight is one thing; stony silence with your allies in all instances at all times is another matter entirely. I'm genuinely not even sure that LKE had a diplomat to Osiris. If they did, it is a very, very quiet ambassadorship. Osiris' attempts to keep a casual, friendly relationship between ourselves and LKE are actually what lead myself and our Vizier of Foreign Affairs to form friendships with LKE's most active citizens, who are now building a region of their own - and a beautiful region it is! - but even in that attempt were unable to form relationships with the quieter crowd who would remain in LKE as leadership after those former-citizens were all gone. Even if Onder hadn't been antagonizing Osiris for months, even if he hadn't attempted to control both Osiris and Europeia's narrative in the IJCC issue and left us all with bad tastes in our mouths, even if LKE had not spent years using intimidation tactics to and misplaced guilt to attempt to force Osiris' hand in favor of LKE's pursuits, even if LKE were not as we speak subjugating our sister Sinker and isolating her so that she may never escape and thrive on her own again, LKE would still be far too foreign to ever be called a friend in Osiris. That is just our present reality.

In any case, I'm glad we're all on the same page. Osiris has been speaking at length about the situation with LKE, as I'm sure you're well aware. We will endeavor to have similar announcements and our own perspective out as soon as possible.

Hail and all that.
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:28 am

Altinsane wrote:Oh dear.

I hope that LKE doesn't take offense to a delayed announcement from Osiris on the termination of our treaty. Osiris has had a few recent instances where members of our region were declared persona non grata and never informed about it, so we understand the confusion and frustration in finding out about these things in an unprofessional manner. That is the sort of thing that makes a mockery of all parties involved, and we would of course not subject others to the same situation.

This is not comparable. Individuals have no reasonable expectation of notification that they are no longer welcome in a region or on a region's forum unless they actually visit that region. By contrast, the ending of a treaty should be notified or announced externally no later than when it has been repealed under your domestic laws, otherwise you are deliberately keeping the other party under the obligations of an alliance when you yourselves are not honouring it.

If you were concerned as you say about the supposed disruption entailed by a public announcement, then it was open to you to inform the LKE directly.

You say this "makes a mockery of all parties involved". The only region made a mockery of by their lack of announcement is Osiris.

Frankly, this comical display only proves that the Crown was right to rescind the Treaty of Maxonberg. Regardless of the status of a treaty under either region's domestic laws, as a matter of inter-regional practice and custom, it is imperative to provide an external declaration of some kind for termination of a treaty to be effective. If you secretly repeal a treaty and don't tell the other party or the world while disregarding it, you are essentially breaking it.

Altinsane wrote:In LKE's endeavor to represent Onder as a voice from Balder rather than a voice from his own region, they've left themselves entirely silent with their allies to a staggering degree.

At no time have I tried to hide my association with the LKE. Indeed, I've spoken with you on LKE-specific matters as well as on Balder matters.

As for your complaints about lack of contact with other members of the LKE Monarchy, communication is a two-way street. Often more routine diplomatic contact is handled at a ministerial level. If Osiris wanted to speak with the Crown Prince or the Prince Imperial about any matter, then I'm quite sure they would have happily engaged with you. Maybe it would have been better if they had approached you for informal communication, but precisely the same applies the other way round. Emperor Theoden would likely have been in contact regarding several matters lately if he had not been unavoidably absent.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:39 am

Onderkelkia wrote:<snip>

Could you grasp any harder at straws, Onder? There was a two day gap between repeal of the Treaty of Maxonberg in Osiris and informal notification that the treaty had been repealed. During that extremely brief period, there was no attempt to deceive The LKE or to hold it to any treaty obligations that Osiris wasn't honoring. At no point during the two day period did Osiris break any terms of the treaty, such as the requirement to maintain gameside or off-site embassies with The LKE, despite having terminated the treaty and no longer being bound by its provisions. You can cry foul all you want, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill and everyone knows it. The two day gap was completely inconsequential and the kind of minutiae only you could seize upon.

I realize you're salty The LKE didn't repeal the treaty first and doesn't get to say "You can't fire us, we quit!", but that's just the way it goes sometimes.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:<snip>

Could you grasp any harder at straws, Onder? There was a two day gap between repeal of the Treaty of Maxonberg in Osiris and informal notification that the treaty had been repealed. During that extremely brief period, there was no attempt to deceive The LKE or to hold it to any treaty obligations that Osiris wasn't honoring. At no point during the two day period did Osiris break any terms of the treaty, such as the requirement to maintain gameside or off-site embassies with The LKE, despite having terminated the treaty and no longer being bound by its provisions. You can cry foul all you want, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill and everyone knows it. The two day gap was completely inconsequential and the kind of minutiae only you could seize upon.

When you say "a two day gap between repeal of the Treaty of Maxonberg in Osiris and informal notification that the treaty had been repealed", you mean "a two day gap" between whatever domestic legal process occurred in Osiris and the LKE's unconnected announcement terminating the treaty. For all we know, the period before the internal processes of Osiris came to light could have been longer if the LKE had not acted to terminate the treaty.

All things considered, it is disrespectful not to provide notification outside your region at a point when you have repealed a treaty. If you don't provide such notification, then you cannot reasonably seek to rely on an internal process that you have failed to announce in the context of external diplomacy.

Ultimately, however, I agree that the issue makes little difference, beyond providing confirmation that the LKE is right to want nothing to do with Osiris.

Cormactopia Prime wrote:I realize you're salty The LKE didn't repeal the treaty first and doesn't get to say "You can't fire us, we quit!", but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

On the contrary, the party which is exhibiting this behaviour is Osiris, by its reaction to the announcement of the LKE's decision.

It is the LKE which has announced an end to the treaty and closed in-game embassies. It is Osiris which has responded by citing internal processes that are of no concern to us. Having failed to take any external action to effect an apparent domestic repeal, this is just the situation that Osiris finds itself in.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces