NATION

PASSWORD

Right to Life News: Statement on LCN Relations

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10082
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Caelapes wrote:we never had any plans to do anything to RTL because it's got a non-exec delegate. we never thought about "overthrowing your government" because we aren't coupers, we're raiders.

Your organization desires to overthrow RTL and has briefly discussed it; but it has labeled RTL "unraidable" because, as you say, "it's got a non-exec delegate." Because your organization wants to overthrow RTL, it's subversive -- a threat to RTL security.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Caelapes
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1543
Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Caelapes wrote:we never had any plans to do anything to RTL because it's got a non-exec delegate. we never thought about "overthrowing your government" because we aren't coupers, we're raiders.

Your organization desires to overthrow RTL and has briefly discussed it; but it has labeled RTL "unraidable" because, as you say, "it's got a non-exec delegate." Because your organization wants to overthrow RTL, it's subversive -- a threat to RTL security.

we want to raid RTL as much as we want to raid any other region that attacks our allies. we don't spend time thinking about nonexec regions though so I'm really not sure why you wasted your time on a law that we could easily sneak around if we wanted to coup
    
The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10082
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Caelapes wrote:we want to raid RTL as much as we want to raid any other region that attacks our allies

Which of your allies has RTL attacked?
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Caelapes
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1543
Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Caelapes wrote:we want to raid RTL as much as we want to raid any other region that attacks our allies

Which of your allies has RTL attacked?

i'm not your organization's recordkeeper, but International Socialists is an example
    
The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

User avatar
Freien
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freien » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:45 am

Pro-Life wrote:Following a leak of the Red Fleet's clandestine plans to overthrow the Right to Life government, acknowledged by communist totalitarian board member Caelapes...

Any proofs to support your absurd claims?

But, what am I doing? Asking proofs from Christians? :eyebrow:
Comrade WA Delegate of The Internationale (x3)
A Squadron Admiral of The Red Fleet (01/10/17 - )
Qui Tacet Consentit

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10082
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:Which of your allies has RTL attacked?

i'm not your organization's recordkeeper, but International Socialists is an example

Lol, really? :lol:

In June 2014, the RTLA provided support for a Libertatem mission in a 14-nation region.

Freien wrote:
Pro-Life wrote:Following a leak of the Red Fleet's clandestine plans to overthrow the Right to Life government, acknowledged by communist totalitarian board member Caelapes...

Any proofs to support your absurd claims?

But, what am I doing? Asking proofs from Christians? :eyebrow:

Would you mind being more specific?

Also, RTL is a secular region.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Caelapes
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1543
Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Caelapes wrote:i'm not your organization's recordkeeper, but International Socialists is an example

Lol, really? :lol:

In June 2014, the RTLA provided support for a Libertatem mission in a 14-nation region.

hey, you're the one who asked the question bub

maybe stop attacking left wing regions in your bizarre crusade and aligning yourselves with real-life apartheid-supporting folks if you want The Red Fleet to stop considering you an enemy?
Last edited by Caelapes on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    
The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10082
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:Lol, really? :lol:

In June 2014, the RTLA provided support for a Libertatem mission in a 14-nation region.

hey, you're the one who asked the question bub

maybe stop attacking left wing regions in your bizarre crusade and aligning yourselves with real-life apartheid-supporting folks if you want The Red Fleet to stop considering you an enemy?

Bizarre crusade?

RTL is a secular, big-tent region; and its (small) army has invaded left-wing and right-wing regions as well as apolitical regions.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Solorni
Minister
 
Posts: 3024
Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Freien wrote:
Pro-Life wrote:Following a leak of the Red Fleet's clandestine plans to overthrow the Right to Life government, acknowledged by communist totalitarian board member Caelapes...

But, what am I doing? Asking proofs from Christians? :eyebrow:

A magical baby born to a virgin started this region. Do you really need proof?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108992
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Solorni wrote:
Freien wrote:But, what am I doing? Asking proofs from Christians? :eyebrow:

A magical baby born to a virgin started this region. Do you really need proof?

Both of you are *** warned for trolling. ***
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Freien
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freien » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:20 am

Freien wrote:
Pro-Life wrote:Following a leak of the Red Fleet's clandestine plans to overthrow the Right to Life government, acknowledged by communist totalitarian board member Caelapes...

Any proofs to support your absurd claims?

Would you mind being more specific?[/quote]
It is said that there are proofs that there was an attempt to overthrow RTL's government by TRF and Misley. But I don't see any evidence provided.
Comrade WA Delegate of The Internationale (x3)
A Squadron Admiral of The Red Fleet (01/10/17 - )
Qui Tacet Consentit

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10082
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:52 am

Freien wrote:It is said that there are proofs that there was an attempt to overthrow RTL's government

No, the article actually doesn't say that. The word "attempt" appears nowhere in it.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2574
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:56 am

Freien wrote:
Freien wrote:Any proofs to support your absurd claims?

Would you mind being more specific?

It is said that there are proofs that there was an attempt to overthrow RTL's government by TRF and Misley. But I don't see any evidence provided.[/quote]
Caelapes themselves said so in CAIN's thread when we were (rightfully) angry about being called a Nazi region. The fact is that what the Red Fleet is doing is sickening
--they are masquerading around as the anti-Nazi force of NationStates, whilst using that title to justify the raids of innocent, capitalist regions. To them, anyone who isn't one of their comrades is a "Nazi." When people throw around labels like that, backlash happens. Rightfully so. RtL, for instance, objects to the Red Fleet's fake antifascism. Then, Caelapes walks in and calls us "apartheid supporters," a clearly ridiculous claim. And now everyone finds it ridiculous that we are responding...

Freien wrote:
Freien wrote:Any proofs to support your absurd claims?

Would you mind being more specific? It is said that there are proofs that there was an attempt to overthrow RTL's government by TRF and Misley. But I don't see any evidence provided.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=396460&p=30753061
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2574
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:57 am

Solorni wrote:
Freien wrote:But, what am I doing? Asking proofs from Christians? :eyebrow:

A magical baby born to a virgin started this region. Do you really need proof?

Right to Life is a secular region, as Christian Democrats said. In fact, there is an atheist, Stellonia in our Senate right now.

User avatar
Brunhizzle
Envoy
 
Posts: 243
Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 am

Caelapes themselves said so in CAIN's thread when we were (rightfully) angry about being called a Nazi region.

I think you mean "Nazi Collaborator," as that's all that RTL has ever been designated. The words are quite different, as are the definitions of the words both in the dictionary and in the treaty under which RTL received the designation, so you'd think that wouldn't be mixed up as much as it has been.

Though I guess that's not really the best topic for discussion in this thread.
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2574
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:56 am

Brunhizzle wrote:
Caelapes themselves said so in CAIN's thread when we were (rightfully) angry about being called a Nazi region.

I think you mean "Nazi Collaborator," as that's all that RTL has ever been designated. The words are quite different, as are the definitions of the words both in the dictionary and in the treaty under which RTL received the designation, so you'd think that wouldn't be mixed up as much as it has been.

Though I guess that's not really the best topic for discussion in this thread.

Yes, because embassy collectors are Nazi Collaborators. Might I point out that the folks at the Red Fleet voted to remove every embassy collector from the list except Right to Life

User avatar
Brunhizzle
Envoy
 
Posts: 243
Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:10 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:Yes, because embassy collectors are Nazi Collaborators. Might I point out that the folks at the Red Fleet voted to remove every embassy collector from the list except Right to Life


None of that changes that there is a difference between a Nazi Region and a Nazi Collaborator or that RTL was never accused of being Nazis. Stop twisting the facts to fit your agenda. Be upset that RTL was labeled a Nazi Collaborator as that is a legitimate complaint. Don't try to drum up sympathy by perpetuating the lie that CAIN called RTL Nazis.
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2574
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:Yes, because embassy collectors are Nazi Collaborators. Might I point out that the folks at the Red Fleet voted to remove every embassy collector from the list except Right to Life


None of that changes that there is a difference between a Nazi Region and a Nazi Collaborator or that RTL was never accused of being Nazis. Stop twisting the facts to fit your agenda. Be upset that RTL was labeled a Nazi Collaborator as that is a legitimate complaint. Don't try to drum up sympathy by perpetuating the lie that CAIN called RTL Nazis.

I know--you called us "Nazi collaborators," which itself is an awful thing. However, the folks over at the Red Fleet have legitimately called us "apartheidists" and "fascists" before. This isn't about CAIN anymore--that is settled. It is TRF who persistently slander RTL.
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10082
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:48 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Solorni wrote:A magical baby born to a virgin started this region. Do you really need proof?

Right to Life is a secular region, as Christian Democrats said. In fact, there is an atheist, Stellonia in our Senate right now.

As anybody who's read the most recent newsletter should know.

Pro-Life wrote:Notably, Stellonia is only the second person in Right to Life history (the first person was Wugafarian) to win election to the Senate while being an open atheist. In the past, Stellonia won election to the Senate before he "came out" as atheist.

Also, if someone just skimmed the headlines, he'd see that many Muslim players are pro-life too.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Freien
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freien » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:23 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Freien wrote:It is said that there are proofs that there was an attempt to overthrow RTL's government by TRF and Misley. But I don't see any evidence provided.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=396460&p=30753061

Saying that a region is considered as "unraidable" doesn't equate to a plan for overthrowing its government, which is what I was asking evidence for. Just saying...
Last edited by Freien on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade WA Delegate of The Internationale (x3)
A Squadron Admiral of The Red Fleet (01/10/17 - )
Qui Tacet Consentit

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2574
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Freien wrote:

Saying that a region is considered as "unraidable" doesn't equate to a plan for overthrowing its government, which is what I was asking evidence for. Just saying...

Targetting it for overthrow should the Founder CTE is, however

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5453
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Pro-Life wrote:Notably, Stellonia is only the second person in Right to Life history (the first person was Wugafarian) to win election to the Senate while being an open atheist. In the past, Stellonia won election to the Senate before he "came out" as atheist.


He "came out" as an atheist after winning an election to the RTL government. Smart move. :p
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10082
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:

He "came out" as an atheist after winning an election to the RTL government. Smart move. :p

I can't read Stellonia's mind. In 2015, when he was first a senator, he was trying to create a Christian Conservative Party.* In 2016, he announced he was an atheist. In June 2017, he ran for the Senate after being out of regional politics for about a year.
_________
* The application was rejected because the regional code requires parties to be political-ideological groups -- a provision that has been construed, since 2013, to preclude the formation of sectarian religious parties.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Pro-Life
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pro-Life » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:58 pm

Image

Statement of Right to Life

Regarding the Political Situation in Lazarus


Nations of Lazarus, Right to Life, and the world:

Typically, Right to Life abstains from intervening in the internal affairs of game-created regions out of respect for their sovereignty. That said, the ongoing situation in Lazarus warrants special attention. For more than a year, Right to Life and Lazarus have maintained relations by means of in-game and forum embassies; and Right to Life citizens, valuing this relationship, have watched with great consternation during the past two weeks as political order in Lazarus has been turned on its head.

Funkadelia was legitimately elected to be the delegate of Lazarus and continues to serve in that position. Just over two weeks ago, he and his supporters claimed to have uncovered a plot to overthrow the regional government in contravention of Lazarus's constitution, known as the Celestial Mandate. Right to Life does not deny the importance of conducting a thorough investigation and, if needed, prosecuting any conspirators before an impartial tribunal constituted according to regional law.

The Funkadelian administration's actual response, however, has not been limited to investigation and prosecution under the law. Two weeks ago, the administration, instead, used the alleged plot as a pretext for lawlessly decreeing a "state of emergency," during which it improperly aggrandized power to itself at the expense of the civil and political rights of citizens and residents. The Right to Life government is now convinced that Funkadelia and his stalwarts, maintaining ties with the raider sphere, have abused their democratic mandate to extinguish defenders and other dissidents in Lazarus in violation of the Celestial Mandate, especially the provisions pertaining to:

  • "Equal protection under the law," both for raiders and for defenders;
  • "Freedom of speech, petition, peaceful association and assembly so long as their exercise does not violate the rules of NationStates or the Regional Forum's terms of use;"
  • "Right to fair representation in a criminal trial and may not be forced to incriminate themselves;"
  • "Freedom in their nations' domestic affairs, including World Assembly votes and endorsements;"
  • "Immunity from being tried for a crime by law or put on trial, retroactively."
The Funkadelians have used their power to turn Lazarus into a raider-dominated, tyrannical regime. In fact, the administration has gone so far as to purport to repeal the Celestial Mandate, substituting a new constitution, called the Constitution of the Undead Dominion, in its place. The Undead Constitution has no democratic legitimacy, and it destroys the freedoms that Lazarenes previously enjoyed. The new constitution abolishes elections for the delegate, and it declares the delegate to be a "King" who has life tenure and who appoints his successor. There are no effective checks on "King" Funkadelia. The new bill of rights, if it can be called that, states: "Citizens may be removed at the discretion of the King of the Undead." And this provision "may not be edited or revised." There are no essential restraints on executive authority.

"King" Funkadelia has already shown his willingness to do anything to maintain his iron grip on the nations of Lazarus. The revolutionary government is, at present, holding a show trial. Thirty-six "subversives" have been charged and are being tried en masse for their opposition to the monarchic revolution. To make matters worse, they are being tried for crimes promulgated after their alleged acts, or ex post facto. Simply put, "King" Funkadelia and his cadre are acting as legislature, prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner over all Lazarenes opposed to their new, autocratic order.

Just as important to Right to Life is the fundamental disregard shown by "King" Funkadelia for international law and custom. The administration has violated diplomatic immunity by including foreign dignitaries among the "subversives" in its show trial, and it has broken off ties with treatied allies without providing any reason or proper notice concerning its actions.

The Right to Life government, considering all of the known, relevant facts as well as the dignity of all parties involved, implores the Funkadelian administration to reverse course and:

  • Discontinue its assault on freedom of expression on the regional message board and in other government-controlled venues, restoring to Lazarenes their right to dissent;
  • Reinstate voting rights and elections for the delegate, including to "subversives," unless and until they have been lawfully convicted and sentenced by an impartial adjudicator, not associated with the revolution, for misconduct that was criminal at the time it was committed;
  • Call a constitutional convention, make it open to all Lazarenes who are citizens under the Celestial Mandate, and ordain a new constitution if and only if it obtains the support of a supermajority.
We, the undersigned officers, do express our concern for the nations of Lazarus and for the security of their rights and privileges; and we do assent to this statement, to be delivered and released on the ninth day of August, two thousand seventeen, and in the seventh year of the Region of Right to Life.

Culture of Life
Founder of Right to Life

New Missouri
President of Right to Life

The Roman Catholic Federation
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Right to Life

Stellonia
Ambassador of Right to Life to Lazarus

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6545
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 am

So whatcha gonna do about it?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Katazia, Malyania

Advertisement

Remove ads