NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Sat May 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Wait, you mean I am not the ruler of a multi-billion person nation?

I hate you guys for opening my eyes to the truth that this is a game. Next you'll tell me there's no Santa Claus.
The man, the myth, the legend.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Sat May 11, 2013 12:17 pm

There isn't a Santa Claus; it was your parents.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat May 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Sovreignry wrote:There isn't a Santa Claus; it was your parents.

Get out.

Get out right now. :p
Last edited by Milograd on Sat May 11, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired

Jolly Ole Saint Nick
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Jolly Ole Saint Nick » Sat May 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Punk Daddy wrote: Next you'll tell me there's no Santa Claus.

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!

There's no need to fear, Jolly Ole Saint Nick is here.

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Sat May 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Yes!! Thank you Santa. :clap:

I never had a doubt!!
The man, the myth, the legend.

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Sat May 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Getting off topic here...
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Santa Claus
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Santa Claus » Sat May 11, 2013 3:56 pm

:p

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm

People United Together wrote:For those member of TP, TWP and Gatesville that have replied with "I don't care," or "good riddance:"

If you really do not care, why do you put forth the effort to post?

Since you posted replies, you admit your own interest in TSP's severance of ties, so your claims that you don't care are negated. Further, Milograd's "protest" was a protest against nations with high influence in-game, so that could possibly mean you. I hope you figure out who are actually your friends, since Milo's actions lend to the idea that he wouldn't have helped you if your own delegate went rogue and ejected you.

I can't wait to see your replies, since you people are self-important, mindless robots.

Definition of STRAW MAN
: a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted
Last edited by Wickedly evil people on Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eli

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat May 11, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm sure we have a Chat Topic around here somewhere where we can discuss Santa and random definitions ;)

So will TSP be releasing another statement on the GV thing?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

People United Together
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby People United Together » Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 pm

All Good People wrote:
Milograd wrote:Because it's a game and posting is how you play it. ;)

Exactly. Welcome to NS politics.

Huh? It's a political game, so not posting can mean much more than posting. Perhaps you should have posted in another prominent thread, then it would be reasonable to presume you read this thread but didn't even want to legitimize its implications.

See? You are robots who don't think for yourselves. Explore the possibilities, don't just let drool dribble out of your mouths.

Wickedly evil people wrote:Definition of STRAW MAN
: a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

Merriam-Webster.com: red herring
2 [from the practice of drawing a red herring across a trail to confuse hunting dogs] : something that distracts attention from the real issue

Need I provide quotes, or can you read the posts preceding mine? Randomly asserting a fallacy when it does not apply is inattentive. Please re-read the conversation and try again.
Last edited by People United Together on Sat May 11, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Put, an impertinent nobody.

Repeal SC#109

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat May 11, 2013 5:45 pm

People United Together wrote:Huh? It's a political game, so not posting can mean much more than posting.

It can, but it doesn't in our case.

Keep telling people who know what they're doing how to play the game though—I'm enjoying the laugh. :p
Last edited by Milograd on Sat May 11, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Retired

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Sat May 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Milograd wrote:
People United Together wrote:Huh? It's a political game, so not posting can mean much more than posting.

It can, but it doesn't in our case.

Keep telling people who know what they're doing how to play the game though—I'm enjoying the laugh. :p

^
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Embassy of the South Pacific

Postby Darkesia » Sat May 11, 2013 6:30 pm

:rofl: This topic is wandering as much a a TWP thread.

Did we take over the TSP embassy? cool. I brought the refreshments.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat May 11, 2013 6:33 pm

People United Together wrote: you people are self-important, mindless robots.
People United Together wrote:See? You are robots who don't think for yourselves. Explore the possibilities, don't just let drool dribble out of your mouths.

Here's the funny thing. You're the one being *** warned for flaming *** while you're telling other people that they're playing the game wrong.

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Sat May 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Hileville wrote: the Cabinet gives all agents and nations of The West Pacific, in particular those of TAO and Darkesia, twenty-four hours to depart from the region. The presence of hostile agents of a hostile government will not be tolerated in The South Pacific. Your continued and seditious attempts to undermine the region, and active efforts in spreading falsehoods regarding The Coalition, have not gone unnoticed.

The Cabinet of The South Pacific

Wait.... You people didn't even notice when I left? :palm: Guys. You have to pay attention to where certain nations are located. It's important. Next thing you know you will be sitting there minding your own business and elect someone who has a better idea of how to play the game than you do. And poof! Suddenly you aren't in charge for a while.

Oh, yeah. That already happened didn't it?
Never mind.

I'll wait to see you eject a bunch of nations your witch hunt turns up. It will be good entertainment. :clap:
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat May 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Jolly Ole Saint Nick wrote:
Punk Daddy wrote: Next you'll tell me there's no Santa Claus.

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!

There's no need to fear, Jolly Ole Saint Nick is here.

Goddamn imposter~

Also, are we going to see a trend of wars lasting less than 24 hours?

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2004
Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Sat May 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Also, are we going to see a trend of wars lasting less than 24 hours?

It's rather like speed dating, isn't it ?
Westwind of All Good People
Three Time World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific
Former UN/WA Delegate Lewis and Clark of The North Pacific
Co-Founder and Emeritus Rex Westwind of Equilism

The West Pacific Forum: http://twp.nosync.org
Equilism Forum: http://www.equilism.org.forum

--TAO--
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby --TAO-- » Sun May 12, 2013 12:05 am

--TAO-- was actually in Gatesville before popping into TSP. TAO's WA was in Stargate for about a year prior to --TAO--'s moving to TSP. And although holds Darkesia in extremely high regard, TAO is not an agent of TWP's government (because TAO hasn't been a part of a regional government for a number of years.)

And regardless of truth or reality, Belschaft chooses to exercise unilateral control and abuse TAO with his TSP forum admin powers. Bel is a bully! And he probably likes marsupials, too.

Marsupial Freedom
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsupial Freedom » Sun May 12, 2013 8:17 am

--TAO-- wrote:Bel is a bully! And he probably likes marsupials, too.

You, sirrah, are a speciesist. That's not nice.
Last edited by Marsupial Freedom on Sun May 12, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 am

PUT your argument or lack of one is the definition of a straw-man.

But so we have 1st Grade for Straw Men,

1. the Oligarchy in The South Pacific elects Milograd, they didn't consult with the WA Nations in the region

2. Milograd declares that he won't kow tow to them

3. The intelligent players in the game and in The West Pacific laugh, then yawn.

4. If you put the rock in your shoe, get it out yourself. I chose to support the rock it was smarter and more interesting than the shoe.

5. Embassy close, re-yawn.

Bye
Eli

People United Together
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby People United Together » Sun May 12, 2013 10:08 am

Wickedly evil people wrote:PUT your argument or lack of one is the definition of a straw-man.

But so we have 1st Grade for Straw Men,

1. the Oligarchy in The South Pacific elects Milograd, they didn't consult with the WA Nations in the region

2. Milograd declares that he won't kow tow to them

3. The intelligent players in the game and in The West Pacific laugh, then yawn.

4. If you put the rock in your shoe, get it out yourself. I chose to support the rock it was smarter and more interesting than the shoe.

5. Embassy close, re-yawn.

Bye

Um, I don't how to reply to that because I guess you don't understand my argument and I don't want to piss off a mod again.

EDIT: I'm very serious.
Last edited by People United Together on Sun May 12, 2013 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Put, an impertinent nobody.

Repeal SC#109

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 am

I'd thank WEP for the lesson and move on, PUT.
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

South Pacific Belschaft
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Belschaft » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Statement from the Cabinet of the South Pacific
in regards to the events occurring in Osiris

First, the Cabinet believes in the sovereign right to self-determination of all Game-Created Regions as a fundamental principle and has no interest in dictating which form of government Osiris should take. This is a process that all regions must undertake in the absence of foreign interference.

Second, we respect the determination of Osiris regional leadership that the extant system of governance possessed systemic flaws in need of address. Osiris has experienced a prolonged period of regional instability that has challenged and at times strained inter-regional and organizational relationships. These problems must be addressed so that peace and stability can return to the community.

Third, we are concerned with the dissolution of the Osiris constitution and the concentration of power, even if this new regime is temporary and transitional and regardless of the professed benign intentions. We are troubled that there was no formal vote or plebiscite held nor public discussion before the fact, which caused significant disruption in the community as the dramatic governmental changes were occurring. We believe that liberal democratic governance and institutions in the Game-Created Regions remain the most sustainable and desirable form of regional organisation, within the context of both regional self-determination and an inter-regional diplomatic system. We hope for the speedy drafting and establishment of a new body of regional law in Osiris, as well as new elections to ensure that the voices of the native community are constantly taken into account.

Fourth, we currently oppose any military action that threatens the independence or sovereignty of our ally Osiris. The prospect of outside intervention as discussed among some in the military community is a complex issue that would affect our long-term security interests and infringe upon the rights of the native Osiran community; we would not welcome and would be honor bound to oppose any rash action conducted without the advice and consent of the Game-Created Regions in general and the Osiran community in particular. As a general rule, diplomatic engagement should be the primary and sole vehicle for addressing purely internal government transitions within Game-Created Regions. Military action is a serious commitment that bears significant consequences for all Game-Created Regions; it should be used only as a last resort and not as a means to achieve politically expedient goals.

Thank You,
The Cabinet of the South Pacific
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT
GUARDIAN OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

With the cooperation of Federation Forces, all of your bases now belong to us.

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:35 pm

South Pacific Belschaft wrote:*snip*

And if this process isn't speedy or temporary? If the democracy of Osiris is subverted for once and for always? What would TSP's response be then?

You're right to be concerned about this.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:56 pm

The Dourian Embassy wrote:And if this process isn't speedy or temporary? If the democracy of Osiris is subverted for once and for always? What would TSP's response be then?

This is a dynamic situation with many unknowns, so we have not tied our hands. We are standing by a long-term ally and we hope that this a transitional regime, much like when Osiris was first created. Should the situation change, TSP's Cabinet will of course discuss how to respond in accordance with TSP's interests and the principles outlined in the statement.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay