NATION

PASSWORD

The Embassy of Albion

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alabaster Isles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:42 am

Phew.

Quite the spectacle. I’d offer to send our healers out with band-aids alas, they’re a little busy tending to other matters right now.

Firstly, I’d like to thank Reploid Productions for stepping in to tidy up the place which has allowed us to take a moment and address some of the concerns your pretty little faces seem to have. If I ever swing past your studio Reploid, I will be sure to buy you a beer.

I’d also like to thank everyone else for helping us to achieve the goal of revealing that Albion is indeed, still an active region.

Courtesy aside, let’s get down to the matter at hand starting with the biggest and baddest: Our Prince Cassius Cerebella (or Consular/Tancerlo as you so know him by) and the accusations he faces.

I’d like to reiterate and expand for those unfamiliar:

Our decision remains firm until undeniable proof can be given that Tancerlo was in fact “advocating” or “orchestrating” a “defender” attack on TNI. Now, to be fair I can partially understand how or why Onder et.al may jump to conclusions considering Consular’s associations as an individual, however, Consular is free to associate with whomever he likes.

Consular's actions as an individual do not represent Albion and we would be most appreciative if you could stop crossing the two as though they are one of the same. It is unfortunate that LKE and TNI chose to sever a long standing and admirable relationship but in the end, it was their decision and we can respect that. May they continue to live long and prosper.

Gray Wardens, Gray Wardens, wherefore art thou Gray Wardens? Not a sphere of Albion’s that’s for sure.

Despite Albion’s colourful history associated with raiding, we have no personal grievances with those who choose to challenge invading armies and we never will. However, from what I have deciphered there seems to be whispers circling due to a member of our Royal Family associating with the Gray Wardens. So allow us to clear the matter up for you once and for all so the topic can be laid to rest: Albion is not a Gray Warden, nor will it be (sorry guys! ;)). Albion at this time only occupies with her allies. Upon leaving the Imperialist Sphere and essentially GP as well, Albion chose to become unaligned. What does this mean? It means that at the end of the day, we’d rather sit down, have a drink and chuckle about R/D ventures in the manner of fun it used to, and is supposed to be. Regardless of the faction you choose to associate with. Our discord and forum is open to either parties who wish to say hello.

And finally…. Last nights spectacle.

Albion had absolutely nothing to do with what occurred last night, and we would appreciate it if you could cease with the assumptions you seem so quick to fling our way.

In closing, I am aware that in comparison to our King, Prince and Princess, I’m the most unfamiliar face and so, should you wish to change that, my discord DM’s are always open.

Have a nice day,
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:57 am

Alabaster Isles wrote:And finally…. Last nights spectacle.

Albion had absolutely nothing to do with what occurred last night, and we would appreciate it if you could cease with the assumptions you seem so quick to fling our way.

This is hard to believe when one of the two nations used in the incident, The United Imperial Armed Forces, belongs to Christopher Bishop, the Lord Commander and former King of Albion. If you are prepared to mislead to evade responsibility over this, how can we believe anything else you say?

Above, Cassius asserted that Bishop "must have given the nation to someone else" since he agreed to my request to change the WFE of the UIAF region back at the end of July. Having kept the nation to himself since the UIAF was dissolved in March 2015, why would he suddenly hand over control of it now? To whom did he give it and when did he do it? Is it not far more likely that we simply witnessed another display of Cassius and Bishop's juvenile antics?

You've attempted to clean up Cassius and Bishop's mess before, most notably when Bishop deliberately misrepresented comments I made to provoke Cassius into attacking me. If you repeatedly tolerate such behaviour from your most senior officials, don't be surprised if that is our impression of Albion.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:12 am

Onderkelkia wrote:Having kept the nation to himself since the UIAF was dissolved in March 2015, why would he suddenly hand over control of it now? To whom did he give it and when did he do it?

Well gang, it looks like we have another mystery on our hands.

Velma, you search the basement!
Albion ♠ Come write stories with us on our community forum!

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - A. Einstein

Postertag
Civilian

Founded: May 19, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Postertag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 am

Onderkelkia wrote:

This is hard to believe when one of the two nations used in the incident, The United Imperial Armed Forces, belongs to Christopher Bishop, the Lord Commander and former King of Albion. If you are prepared to mislead to evade responsibility over this, how can we believe anything else you say?

Above, Cassius asserted that Bishop "must have given the nation to someone else" since he agreed to my request to change the WFE of the UIAF region back at the end of July. Having kept the nation to himself since the UIAF was dissolved in March 2015, why would he suddenly hand over control of it now? To whom did he give it and when did he do it? Is it not far more likely that we simply witnessed another display of Cassius and Bishop's juvenile antics?

You've attempted to clean up Cassius and Bishop's mess before, most notably when Bishop deliberately misrepresented comments I made to provoke Cassius into attacking me. If you repeatedly tolerate such behaviour from your most senior officials, don't be surprised if that is our impression of Albion.

Sometimes in a divorce, less messy words is the better option. Take your half of the relationship, and let both of our regions move on rather than dragging up the past.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:20 am

Postertag wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:This is hard to believe when one of the two nations used in the incident, The United Imperial Armed Forces, belongs to Christopher Bishop, the Lord Commander and former King of Albion. If you are prepared to mislead to evade responsibility over this, how can we believe anything else you say?

Sometimes in a divorce, less messy words is the better option. Take your half of the relationship, and let both of our regions move on rather than dragging up the past.

Member of Albion, this is not "the past". It is about what happened a mere 12 hours ago and the truthfulness of the statement Albion just posted.

It is Albion - not the LKE or TNI - which chose to issue a statement to the Gampelay forum about our decision to terminate our treaties with them. Having brought the issue to the Gameplay forum, then they can damn well be expected to settle it - with more than half-baked excuses and Scooby Doo stories.
Last edited by Onderkelkia on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 am

Honestly I'm impressed the reference even meant anything to you.

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - A. Einstein

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Alabaster Isles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:

If you are prepared to mislead to evade responsibility over this, how can we believe anything else you say?

Fascinating notion. I'll bite.

To be perfectly honest, I was asleep. The King would have been at work.

I'd upload screenshots with time stamps but PrtSc'ing myself doesn't really do it for me. Additionally, stalking the King would be a bit creepy too.

So again, Albion had nothing to do with it.

I'm sorry that I am unable to assist you any further on the matter.

Have a nice day,
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:36 am

Alabaster Isles wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote: If you are prepared to mislead to evade responsibility over this, how can we believe anything else you say?

Fascinating notion. I'll bite.

To be perfectly honest, I was asleep. The King would have been at work.

I'd upload screenshots with time stamps but PrtSc'ing myself doesn't really do it for me. Additionally, stalking the King would be a bit creepy too.

So again, Albion had nothing to do with it.

You are being deliberately obtuse. No one has alleged that you or Seven Deaths personally operated the founder nations concerned. Rather, the point I have raised is that one of the founder nations belongs to Christopher Bishop, who is the Lord Commander, forum administrator and former KIng of Albion.

Cassius has responded to this point with the strange suggestion that, having kept the nation to himself from March 2015 until at least the end of July 2017, Bishop randomly decided to give it away prior to this incident. Your response implies that you don't care whether Bishop was operating the nation or not.

Are you saying that you see nothing improper about the Lord Commander of Albion misusing his founder control, of a region that was entrusted to him in his capacity as Joint Commander of UIAF, as a way of antagonising the other former members of the UIAF, and invoking the names of two other regions in performing this action without obtaining their consent? Are you saying you see nothing improper about the likelihood of the Lord Commander either also controlling or colluding with the founder of "The Congress of Sovereigns", when that region was originally snatched when LKE was an ally of Albion?

If the LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff or the Balder Minister of War behaved in that way, they would be fired immediately. The same goes for any other semi-respectable region. The question for you is: Is Albion a semi-respectable region or is the portrayal in HEM's satirical article 100% accurate?

This is not about who has the authority to make official statements of foreign policy on behalf of Albion. It is about the conduct of Albion officials and whether it is appropriate. While you keep Christopher Bishop and Cassius Cerebella in such high-ranking positions, their actions inevitably reflect on Albion.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Tananat
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tananat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:47 am

It doesn't seem like Albion cares what the public perception of it is. I'm not familiar with the region but it seems like they checked out of gameplay a while ago, being content to just 'write stories' or whatever it is Tancerlo was talking about earlier.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 am

Tananat wrote:It doesn't seem like Albion cares what the public perception of it is. I'm not familiar with the region but it seems like they checked out of gameplay a while ago, being content to just 'write stories' or whatever it is Tancerlo was talking about earlier.

If Albion doesn't care about its public perception on any level, then they would not have issued two official statements since LKE and TNI terminated their treaties with Albion. Clearly, they care about their image on some level - even if they don't care enough to restrain their top officials from ruining it.

It is perfectly possible to be a role-play region without your highest-ranking officials behaving appallingly towards your friends and allies.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:28 am

Onderkelkia wrote:Are you saying that you see nothing improper about the Lord Commander of Albion misusing his founder control, of a region that was entrusted to him in his capacity as Joint Commander of UIAF, as a way of antagonising the other former members of the UIAF, and invoking the names of two other regions in performing this action without obtaining their consent?

Onderkelkia wrote:Are you saying you see nothing improper about the likelihood of the Lord Commander either also controlling or colluding with the founder of "The Congress of Sovereigns", when that region was originally snatched when LKE was an ally of Albion?

What a scandalous accusation you've got there! :o Do you have any proof of this? Because it's very rude of you to just say things like that.

Tananat wrote:It doesn't seem like Albion cares what the public perception of it is. I'm not familiar with the region but it seems like they checked out of gameplay a while ago, being content to just 'write stories' or whatever it is Tancerlo was talking about earlier.

More specicically, we do not care what a certain OnderKelkia thinks of us. Like, at all.

Nor did we care for his attempt at bullying us which started all this fun.

And since neither LKE nor TNI have any kind of relations with us now, we are have no obligation whatsoever to answer or even care about their questions. Any response we give is a courtesy, one which they hardly deserve after their malicious actions.

The 'public' -- being the very small portion of players who read NSGP -- can take from that what they will. Those familiar with OnderKelkia will understand. I think other regions should think about whether it is acceptable for their "allies" to use threats to attempt to dictate their internal affairs.

Onderkelkia wrote:If Albion doesn't care about its public perception on any level, then they would not have issued two official statements since LKE and TNI terminated their treaties with Albion. Clearly, they care about their image on some level - even if they don't care enough to restrain their top officials from ruining it.

Oh we posted the statement not for our own image, but for yours! We thought people deserved to know the LKE was still a nonsensically petty place, and its leaders still tried to manipulate and coerce other communities. I know you prefer to hide things like this under the rug, but it was really time to air that filthy thing out a bit.

Onderkelkia wrote:It is perfectly possible to be a role-play region without your highest-ranking officials behaving appallingly towards your friends and allies.

Friends would have approached us like friends, instead of making a series of remarkably absurd demands of us. You aren't our friends.

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Alabaster Isles » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:00 am

Tancerlo wrote:

More specicically, we do not care what a certain OnderKelkia thinks of us. Like, at all.

Nor did we care for his attempt at bullying us which started all this fun.

And since neither LKE nor TNI have any kind of relations with us now, we are have no obligation whatsoever to answer or even care about their questions. Any response we give is a courtesy, one which they hardly deserve after their malicious actions.

The 'public' -- being the very small portion of players who read NSGP -- can take from that what they will. Those familiar with OnderKelkia will understand. I think other regions should think about whether it is acceptable for their "allies" to use threats to attempt to dictate their internal affairs.

Onderkelkia wrote:If Albion doesn't care about its public perception on any level, then they would not have issued two official statements since LKE and TNI terminated their treaties with Albion. Clearly, they care about their image on some level - even if they don't care enough to restrain their top officials from ruining it.

Oh we posted the statement not for our own image, but for yours! We thought people deserved to know the LKE was still a nonsensically petty place, and its leaders still tried to manipulate and coerce other communities. I know you prefer to hide things like this under the rug, but it was really time to air that filthy thing out a bit.

Onderkelkia wrote:It is perfectly possible to be a role-play region without your highest-ranking officials behaving appallingly towards your friends and allies.

Friends would have approached us like friends, instead of making a series of remarkably absurd demands of us. You aren't our friends.

My oh, my. I think I'm done being diplomatic. Clearly, it doesn't work for you.

Excuse me while I find my other hat ---

Oh there it is, right next to me.

How silly I didn't see it there.

Anyway, now where were we...

Oh right.

*clears throat*

*neatly pulls out a few quotes before beginning.*

Considering the barbaric way you engaged with us first, you should be appreciative of our attempts to be diplomatic and dare I say kind toward you despite the relentless disrespect you have shown from the start. In fact, I'm not even convinced you were our "friend." And that is coming from me, a non GP'er.

If you, Onderkelkia, had approached us in a manner that defined "friendship" instead of in some draconian, demanding manner or tactless means to flex whatever power you felt you may have over Albion, we probably wouldn't be where we are now. Would we?

Or wait ..did you in fact orchestrate the entire ordeal expecting things to rise to this level? Did you feel you needed some melodramatic cinematic excuse to end treaties with us?

How flattering.

Have a nice day,
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:11 am

Tancerlo wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:Are you saying that you see nothing improper about the Lord Commander of Albion misusing his founder control, of a region that was entrusted to him in his capacity as Joint Commander of UIAF, as a way of antagonising the other former members of the UIAF, and invoking the names of two other regions in performing this action without obtaining their consent?

Onderkelkia wrote:Are you saying you see nothing improper about the likelihood of the Lord Commander either also controlling or colluding with the founder of "The Congress of Sovereigns", when that region was originally snatched when LKE was an ally of Albion?

What a scandalous accusation you've got there! :o Do you have any proof of this? Because it's very rude of you to just say things like that.

The nation The United Imperial Armed Forces belongs to Christopher Bishop. He used it to post UIAF updates on this forum, from start of his tenure of Joint Commander up to and including Albion's statement dissolving the UIAF. I know he used it to post UIAF updates because I used to give him the agreed text to post on behalf of the Imperial Military Council. Furthermore, I know he had control of it at the end of July 2017, because I spoke to him about it:

OnderKelkia - 07/30/2017
Greetings
https://www.nationstates.net/region=the ... med_forces
Would it be possible to put the UIAF flag back up on that region, and restore the WFE to the one that it had before the region lapsed?
[Christopher Bishop's Discord screen name] - 07/30/2017
was meaning to do that
ill do it now
OnderKelkia - 07/30/2017
Thank you

In her remarks above, Olivia moved away from your tactic of disputing Christopher Bishop's control of the nation - on the basis of some "mystery" - towards simply asserting that Albion was not involved because neither she nor Seven Deaths could have operated the founder nations used in the incident.

Hence why I brought the question back to the issue of Christopher Bishop's control of that nation.

Tancerlo wrote:More specicically, we do not care what a certain OnderKelkia thinks of us. Like, at all.

Albion's repeated attempts to personalise this issue, as if I am the only person who is concerned, represents a serious misjudgement.

There is widespread concern, dating back to HEM's 2015 piece, over Albion's willingness to permit its senior officials to act inappropriately.

Tancerlo wrote:And since neither LKE nor TNI have any kind of relations with us now, we are have no obligation whatsoever to answer or even care about their questions. Any response we give is a courtesy, one which they hardly deserve after their malicious actions.

If you initiate a discussion in the Gameplay forum, debate isn't restricted to the people that you care about. Any players can contribute. You can respond or not according to your preference. If you don't want to reply, any response you give is because you think posting is necessary to protect your reputation.

The "malicious actions" here have been your call for Defenders to invade TNI and Christopher Bishop's misuse of the UIAF region.

Tancerlo wrote:I think other regions should think about whether it is acceptable for their "allies" to use threats to attempt to dictate their internal affairs.

This is untrue. At no point did TNI make any threats to Albion when approached them regarding your actions. No ultimatums were given. TNI laid out our concerns about your support for military operations and requested steps to remedy this. We did not threaten any consequences if our request was rejected.

Tancerlo wrote:

For someone who allegedly has no involvement in Albion's foreign relations, you seem remarkably familiar with the thinking behind its official statements.

It's clear that the claim that you are un-involved in Albion foreign policy is as ridiculous as the attempts to get round Bishop's ownership of that nation.

The LKE has no desire to hide anything - hence why I am here, engaging in full and free debate. If Albion had not issued a statement of its own accord, then the LKE would have issued a separate statement. As there is already a GP discussion on it, we will now most likely incorporate it in our next foreign update.

Tancerlo wrote:

Having laid out our concerns, TNI's three requests were:
1. The removal of Cassius from all positions in Albion;
2. The cancellation of the construction of embassies between Albion and The Exalted Lands;
3. An apology for Casisus's outrageous call for Defenders to invade TNI.

None of those three things is a remotely unreasonable request from TNI in response to Cassius encouraging The Exalted Lands to work with TNI's Defender enemies to invade TNI, when Albion is specifically obliged by treaty not to provide "indirect" support to military operations against The New Inquisition.

Albion honoured the second request, so it can hardly have thought that unreasonable. An apology is the least that can be expected after a senior government official behaves in such a manner. As for removing Cassius from office, that is lenient - an LKE Prince in the same situation would be banished.

If Albion thought any one of these individual requests to be unreasonable, it was open to you to propose an alternative.
Last edited by Onderkelkia on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:20 am

We did propose an alternative. The alternative is that you go away and leave us alone. :)

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 am

Alabaster Isles wrote:My oh, my. I think I'm done being diplomatic. Clearly, it doesn't work for you.

Excuse me while I find my other hat ---

Oh there it is, right next to me.

How silly I didn't see it there.

Anyway, now where were we...

Oh right.

*clears throat*

*neatly pulls out a few quotes before beginning.*

Considering the barbaric way you engaged with us first, you should be appreciative of our attempts to be diplomatic and dare I say kind toward you despite the relentless disrespect you have shown from the start. In fact, I'm not even convinced you were our "friend." And that is coming from me, a non GP'er.

If you, Onderkelkia, had approached us in a manner that defined "friendship" instead of in some draconian, demanding manner or tactless means to flex whatever power you felt you may have over Albion, we probably wouldn't be where we are now. Would we?

Or wait ..did you in fact orchestrate the entire ordeal expecting things to rise to this level? Did you feel you needed some melodramatic cinematic excuse to end treaties with us?

How flattering.

Have a nice day,

It stands out conspicuously that you choose to reply to Tancerlo's reply to me, rather than my own last reply to you.

Clearly Albion wants to get as far away from the topic of Christopher Bishop's ownership of The United Imperial Armed Forces nation as possible.

Rest assured that no one would ever mistake your previous remarks in this thread for being "diplomatic".

There was nothing remotely improper about the manner of my approach. I am putting the text of both TNI messages in the spoiler below:
Seven Deaths, Olivia,

I am copying this message to MagentaFairy.

The historic friendship between The New Inquisition and Albion runs deep. It was supported by shared membership in Albion's early days. This is reflected in the fact that, alongside the LKE and The West Pacific, Albion is one of a handful of major regions which has retained its treaty with TNI since the end of our life as an active gampelay region.

TNI's forum government collapsed in January 2016. Following this, the Founder permitted an on-site RP community to take control of TNI's administration. There was only one occasion where Gryfynn interfered in their running of the region - when the RP community sought to create an embassy between TNI and Nazi Europa. TNI has long stood opposed to Nazism. As part of the UIAF, TNI and Albion cooperated to invade and re-found Nazi Europa's original region Nazi Europe. It would have been a stain on TNI for such an embassy to have been constructed. Gryfynn accordingly terminated the request.

Citing Gryfynn's decision to veto the Nazi Europa embassy construction, the leadership of TNI's RP community decided to create their own region called The Exalted Lands, around a month ago. Using the regional officer powers that Gryfynn had granted to them, they changed the WFE of TNI to an advertisement for The Exalted Lands. TNI may no longer be an active region, but using it is an advertising platform is an insult to its memory. Gryfynn and I accordingly intervened to changed the WFE and remove RO powers from the nations which had left TNI to join The Exalted Lands. Several nations from The Exalted Lands did not like this, leading them to spam TNI's RMB with protests, which I have accordingly suppressed.

As a result of these events, one member of The Exalted Lands has proposed a WA Security Council resolution to condemn my TNI nation, British Whiskum. In the course of the discussion, it was pointed out that British Whiskum is me. The member of The Exalted Lands who authored the draft proposal then said: "HOLY SHIT IS TNI GETTING RAIDED BY LKE?!" Quoting this, Cassius replied as follows: "Yes. You should ask defenders for help." This is amounts for nothing less than a call for TNI to be invaded by the very Defender organisations it fought against for almost a decade. You can see this exchange here.

In addition, earlier today, Cassius took a number of actions using his Regional Officer powers in Albion, including approving construction of an embassy with The Exalted Lands, the state with which he urged to work with Defenders to invade TNI:
Quote:

12 hours ago: The Starbound Republic of Tancerlo agreed to construct embassies with The Exalted Lands.
12 hours ago: The Starbound Republic of Tancerlo updated the World Factbook entry.
12 hours ago: The Starbound Republic of Tancerlo removed a dispatch.
12 hours ago: The Starbound Republic of Tancerlo updated the World Factbook entry.
12 hours ago: The Starbound Republic of Tancerlo ordered the closure of embassies between Albion and The Kingdom of Great Britain.

The Treaty of Avalon, between The New Inquisition and Albion, includes the following provision:
Quote:

Article 1 - Non-Aggression against Signatories
1. No Signatory Region shall conduct military operations against another Signatory Region.

2. No Signatory Region shall directly or indirectly support military operations against another Signatory Region.
Cassius's actions give rise to a breach of Article I, Section 2 of the Treaty of Avalon.

By telling The Exalted Lands that they should go to Defenders for assistance in invading TNI, Cassius is directly supporting military operations against The New Inquisition. Cassius is a Prince of Albion who is also listed as "The Traveller" as part of your Vanguard of the Realm. He has Regional Officer powers over Embassies in your region - powers which he has used to begin construction of embassies with The Exalted Lands. That establishes his authority over your foreign relations. While he remains a Prince of the region, it would be highly disingenuous to suggest that he has no authority in Albion. His call for Defenders to invade TNI is a completely unacceptable way for a Prince of Albion to behave and constitutes a betrayal.

TNI would never permit anyone to remain within its government if they called for our Defender enemies to invade Albion.

We sincerely hope and expect that Cassius's call for Defenders to invade The New Inquisition is merely the unauthorised act of a rogue agent and that Albion remains a true friend to The New Inquisition. As such, TNI requests the following:

1. The removal of Cassius from all positions in Albion;
2. The cancellation of the construction of embassies between Albion and The Exalted Lands;
3. An apology for Casisus's outrageous call for Defenders to invade TNI.

We look forward to Albion taking prompt action to deal with this matter.

OnderKelkia
Delegate of The New Inquisition
1. It is positive that the construction of the embassy has been rescinded. Nonetheless, Cassius used his authority within Albion to initiate construction of that embassy. The New Inquisition had an embassy with The Exalted Lands because it was put there by the leadership of The Exalted Lands at the same time that it changed the WFE to an advertisement for The Exalted Lands and then tried to take all TNI's members to The Exalted Lands. That is why the Founder had to intervene.

2."Yes. You should ask defenders for help." is a call for Defenders to intervene militarily in The New Inquisition that could well prompt The Exalted Lands to seek such assistance, as futile as that would be. Your attempt to dismiss it as a remark in jest suggests a very lax attitude towards upholding the security of TNI.

Since this discussion started, Cassius has made a further call for a nation based in The Exalted Lands to invade TNI: "You can't do much about the Founder, but you could try remove them from the Delegate position!" See: viewtopic.php?p=32448645#p32448645. His continued calls for TNI to be invaded demonstrates beyond a doubt that the original remark was not merely said in jest - though that still be utterly unacceptable.

3. Putting aside any questions about Cassius has done in this instance, in disclaiming theoretical responsibility for Cassius's actions outside Albion, are you saying that you would have no objection to one of your most senior officials calling for one of your allies to be invaded? Is it your position that such conduct would be entirely acceptable from a Prince of Albion provided that they did it in a personal capacity? In any case, his comments on this occasion were connected to his role as a Prince of Albion, or else he would not have used his status as a Prince of Albion to accept an embassy request from The Exalted Lands.

The Treaty of Avalaon requires more than that Albion abstains from participating in an invasion of The New Inquisition. It forbids "indirect support". Permitting one of your most senior officials to call for such an invasion is a form of "indirect support" even if he is not acting under the banner of Albion. If he was acting on behalf of Albion, then it is "direct support", but either way Albion is in breach of Article I, Section 2 of the Treaty of Avalon unless it takes appropriate remedial action.

4. Your disappointment regarding the Treaty of Avalon should be directed to the actions of Cassius Cerebella, because supporting military operations against TNI is exactly what he has done.

5. I have not discussed any "insults against OnderKelkia and TNI" and that is not what my previous message was about. Rather, the message was about a specific comment by Cassius Cerebella which constituted support for military operations against The New Inquisition - and support for such operations to be carried out by the regions that TNI waged war against while it was active. That comment was not "conjured" up by me but posted by Cassius for the world to see.

6. That is appropriate.

7. These are not "personal grievances" as you put them, but the formal concerns of The New Inquisition about threats against it which has Cassius Cerebella has supported. TNI has no relations with Cassius Cerebella as a private individual. Our relations are with Albion. Cassius Cerebella is one of your highest-ranking officials as a Prince of Albion. We would therefore have hoped that you would have addressed the matter of Cassius supporting military operations against TNI. For the reasons discussed in point 3, you cannot reasonably dismiss this as "an extra-curricular" activity as you put it.

Finally, the "presumptuous" attitude you speak of merely stems from a plain reading of what was publicly posted by a Prince of Albion. The New Inquisition rejects your claim that there was anything inappropriately "condescending" about my previous message. Naturally, it was necessary to lay out the facts and circumstances surrounding The Exalted Lands - as you were apparently unaware of them. Without providing this information, you would have apparently have been happy for an embassy to have been constructed with them.

The decision of Albion on this matter is noted.

OnderKelkia
Delegate of The New Inquisition.

It was direct and firm in putting forward its case, but it was not uncivil and no threats were made.

As for your final suggestion that it was our intention to produce "some melodramatic cinematic excuse to end treaties with us", don't flatter yourself. We were genuinely offended by Cassius calling for Defenders to intervene in TNI. If I had wanted to end the LKE's treaty with Albion, I could have done it at any point between the end of the UIAF in March 2015 and this incident. We are here now because of Cassius supported Defender military operations in TNI.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:29 am

Really not that condescending of messages, Albion. I've been on the recieving end of Onder's condescion before, those letters ain't it.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:33 am

Onderkelkia wrote:don't flatter yourself.

But flattering myself is one of my many talents. :o
Last edited by Tancerlo on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seratheas
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seratheas » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:38 am

We were genuinely offended by Cassius calling for Defenders to intervene in TNI.
That's the most depressing part about this whole thing.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:40 am

Seratheas wrote:
We were genuinely offended by Cassius calling for Defenders to intervene in TNI.
That's the most depressing part about this whole thing.

No, not really. TNI has always taken things like that seriously. TNI has always played the game that way. This is not just an Onder thing - TNI's declaration of war over Valhalla predates Onder's arrival in the region, for example.

Consular knew TNI (and Onder) would react poorly. He enjoys tweaking Onder.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:43 am

Tancerlo wrote:We did propose an alternative. The alternative is that you go away and leave us alone. :)

If Albion just wanted to be left alone, the stunt with The United Imperial Armed Forces and The Congress of Sovereigns wouldn't have happened. You don't want to be left alone. You're stirring the pot to push Albion away from most of its allies and toward the Grey Wardens and the South Pacific.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:44 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Tancerlo wrote:We did propose an alternative. The alternative is that you go away and leave us alone. :)

If Albion just wanted to be left alone, the stunt with The United Imperial Armed Forces and The Congress of Sovereigns wouldn't have happened. You don't want to be left alone. You're stirring the pot to push Albion away from most of its allies and toward the Grey Wardens and the South Pacific.

Cormac, really? Please. This is not- Christopher Bishop may not be the guy he was, and Albion may not be the region it was, but Chris and Seven are not putting their region into the orbit of the Grey Wardens. I doubt Fairy would either, for that matter.

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 am

I have no idea what you're talking about Cormac. I think we've established now that Albion obviously has nothing to do with those nations. :blush:

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:50 am

Tancerlo wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about Cormac. I think we've established now that Albion obviously has nothing to do with those nations. :blush:

You've failed to establish any proof of that, Consular. Indeed, your posts have failed to establish proof of anything because you're not engaged in a rational debate or discussion based on facts and evidence.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 am

Kylia Quilor wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:If Albion just wanted to be left alone, the stunt with The United Imperial Armed Forces and The Congress of Sovereigns wouldn't have happened. You don't want to be left alone. You're stirring the pot to push Albion away from most of its allies and toward the Grey Wardens and the South Pacific.

Cormac, really? Please. This is not- Christopher Bishop may not be the guy he was, and Albion may not be the region it was, but Chris and Seven are not putting their region into the orbit of the Grey Wardens. I doubt Fairy would either, for that matter.

The "you're" in the last sentence of my post was referring to Cassius (Tancerlo), who is a Warden. He's the one who is goading all of this along.

Northpoint
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northpoint » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:53 am

Albion kicked over my trashcan earlier and denied doing it. I have complained to the Equality Commission because of this, and will be writing to my MP.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay