NATION

PASSWORD

The Embassy of Albion

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charles Cerebella
Envoy

Founded: Jul 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Cerebella » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:41 am

Region||Forum||Twitter

An Announcement on Albion's Foreign Policy

Last week, King Charles Cerebella, who recently ascended to the throne once more, gave a speech on Albion's foreign policy to the region:

Albion has always been a unique region. It was founded with the specific aim of being unique. Of avoiding the kind of trials and tribulations that are the ordinary fare of most other places in NS. But in my wildest dreams I could never have imagined how brilliant Albion has actually become. I always wanted roleplay to be an important aspect of the region but we have taken to it in a way that I could never expected. I don't think there is a major region out there that can boast even a fraction of our communal skill or talents on that head. Which is all the more amazing as I'm personally a terrible RPer! We have collectively forged our own path and been immensely successful in this.

The one area we have perhaps not taken our own route has been in foreign policy. For this then I am certainly to blame. Albion has always followed an imperialist alignment and this is because I was one of the people central to promoting imperialism and making it a major force and because many of our original members hailed from imperialist regions. When we joined the UIAF back in August 2013, this was not a universally agreed move, but I'm still sure that it was the right one to take. Our time there has helped provide us with a highly trained military, with a wider prominence in NS, and a say in many of the great questions of the day over that time.

Yet it was undoubtedly the right move by Chris and the government to take us out of it as well a couple of months ago. We had quite frankly outgrown it. Our contribution of soldiers far outshone the other regions, and our activity and regional vibrancy was on another plane altogether! What has followed since leaving has been a long discussion about where Albion heads now and what path we are going to tread.

Now is the time for Albion to take our own path in foreign policy. To create our own ideology and move in our own direction. Imperialism is a powerful brand, but it is one loaded with baggage and closely linked to other regions. Despite our alignment, we have always been an odd imperialist region, always welcoming to citizens of all backgrounds, including defenders who would be banned on sight elsewhere. We've never been active participants in the imperialist wars either, though of course we help fight them on the battlefield. The other main ideology, of independence, is likewise a bad fit for us. While we share members and some interests with leading independent regions like Europeia or The North Pacific, we are certainly a very different place from them as well, with different priorities and aims.

I think our priorities are an important and central feature moving forward. I once defined imperialism by the term Primat der Politik: the primacy of politics. Imperialism was forged in the furnace of immensely competitive political regions and the aim was for power and influence. We have never been a political place and I hope we never will be. What defines us is community. We are a region of friends. We're a place that works for the betterment of the region, out of a sense of duty, not the aim to climb the greasy ladder to the top. We're a fun place. We don't take ourselves too seriously, which I think imperialists, independents and defenders are often liable to do. We should not be driven by the primacy of politics but by the primacy of community. What we do in NS, as in all things, should be about providing a fun and rewarding sphere for our citizens to enjoy themselves. We shouldn't be afraid to take risks in military deployments because we're concerned about our reputation if we lose to a liberation. What is the fun of sitting under a horde of pilers when we could have the fun and tension of fighting off a liberation attempt! We should seek friendships with places outside the usual realm of NS politics. We have more in common with many RP regions than we do with most of the other places we usually deal with. We should approach them and pursue relations there. Not because we want them as allies. Not because we want their military help. But because we want to make friends and share our RPs with them and their RPs with us. And we shouldn't be afraid to stand up to others and protect and defend regions we like even if it isn't the 'done' thing.

We need to move forward together in a new direction and create the kind of future for ourselves that ties our foreign policy to what we care about within the community. Let's ditch the existing labels and adopt our own. Let us take up the old mercenary label. Let us be our own people. Help those we like and reject those we don't. Craft our own way in the world, and not follow the plans of others.

The future is bright for Albion. Let us make it together.

If you want a tl;dr version then here is a summary of what this means for how we intend to go about things in the future:

- We still consider ourselves primarily raider.

- We're happy to aid our friends and allies at updates and holds as ever.

- Main change a move away from massive holds of our own to a more fun and competitive lower level.

- Albion, where possible, will no longer assist in raiding RP regions. With our current on going changes, role play regions are, and will be natural partners for our internal culture.

- Albion no longer seeks military units or military allies and treaties. We instead seek to increase cultural exchanges between our region and others.

- We remain committed to upholding the terms of our existing treaties and foreign relations. We wish to endeavour, build and strengthen the cultural aspects of these already in place.

- We are not a part any wars, and we have no intentions of engaging in them in the coming future. Albion both recognizes and welcomes those from any NationStates background who desire to participate in our community. They will be able to do so without prejudice to their alignment. We do not, however, and still will never support the Nazis and will always be willing to act against them.

- Our venture in pursuing relations with other regions has absolutely nothing to do with bolstering our own power, nor is it to add to our military strength or gain influence over other regions. Instead, Albion's focus will be on cultural activities and relations such as MOBA's and multi-player online games as well as role play. Our focus is on the interests that enrich the lives and enjoyment of our members and community and will be less fixated on the politics of NationStates.

This is obviously a rather large departure from our previous way of doing things and we expect that there will bumps on the road as we and our friends get accustomed to this change but we are happy to respond to any questions about this people may have.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

King of Albion
Charles Cerebella

King of Albion

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 am

These changes seem like a bold new step for Albion, and they're encouraging changes. Good luck with the new direction!

Also, love the image at the top of your announcement.
Last edited by Ynys Prydain on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac

Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:32 pm

- Albion, where possible, will no longer assist in raiding RP regions. With our current on going changes, role play regions are, and will be natural partners for our internal culture.

Paradoxia being the exception, or is this policy being put in place after that occupation?

Apologies if I seem cynical, these changes do certainly look promising and innovative with lots of refreshing aspects, I just recall Albion being listed on the Paradoxia WFE as one of the supporters for The Black Ri *cough* DEN.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Pixie Noir
Political Columnist

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pixie Noir » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:45 pm

Paradoxia was an admitted flop for us. We moved in without the knowledge that Paradoxia was in fact a roleplay region, and halted our deployment as soon as this was brought to our attention. I chalk it up to a general lack of knowledge of roleplay regions amongst gameplay regions. In the future we'll be sure to do our research before blindly jumping into a region.

This is new territory for us and there will surely be some mistakes like this, but we've learned from it and are committed to doing better in the future.

Pixie Noir
-Lady High Constable, RAL

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:48 pm

This policy has only just been implemented and we're still working through it so you can probably expect some hiccups. We didn't really look into Paradoxia's status until after we'd already deployed alas. Many of the members of DEN are long term friends of ours so we decided to balance the interests in this case.

We therefore only deployed maybe six WAs, and stopped when we decided we were going to follow this policy. We could have flooded the region with 30 pilers were we trying. Us not doing so made the region perfectly within liberation range.

In the future though this policy should be increasingly rigid.

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification! Hiccups are of course understandable, given the recency of the policy.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:11 pm

It was nice to see that Albion halted its deployment upon learning that Paradoxia was an RPing region.

Am I correct in understanding that you guys are saying you'll be doing a bit more due-diligence in support missions? Because thats great to see! :)

However, I had a conversation with Charles the other day before you guys froze the deployment, and one of the things we brought up was that sometimes it can be a bit hard to identify just what regions are RPer, especially if you aren't already connected into the community. Things like tags (which would have been removed, though I believe you could check the history to see what was changed) aren't super helpful, since loads of regions list themselves as 'roleplayer' that may not really have much if any roleplaying going on at all. Some sort of index would be great, though there's also the fact that some regions may be hesitant to list themselves for fear it might turn into a target list.

In that vein, I have a sort of hypothetical that I understand if you end up not giving an answer to. Were a situation like Paradoxia happen again where you were to realize that the region was indeed a roleplaying region, but you only discovered that after beginning a deployment, would you consider pulling out rather than simply halting further deployment?

I ask because even something like six pilers was a pretty substantial contribution for Paradoxia; about 20% of the raider lead's endorsements at the time of deployment. And in the end partially deploying still means that Albion will be recognized in the WFE, whatever news posts are made about it, etc. as having supported it. I know that there were several roleplayers who helped out in the Paradoxia liberation that were asking about the different regions involved. When this recent policy change was brought up, there was some questioning by RPers of the sincerity of it. You need to keep in mind that these are people who often aren't fans of gameplay at all, much less raiding, and telling them something like "well, we'll support our friends in gameplay, but not so much that you guys can't overcome it" won't really change the fact in their minds that you moved in to support an RPing region and stayed in until the end, after you knew what was going on.
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:31 pm

We are rather hoping we can avoid this situation entirely in the future by paying slightly more attention to where we throw our strength. So hopefully your hypothetical situation won't ever be a problem. Should despite our best efforts it happen again however, yes, we would consider pulling out entirely. I'm not going to commit to saying we will pull out, as I dislike absolutes and that decision would depend on context, but a discussion will be had on this. We did consider a complete withdrawal in Paradoxia in fact, but the region was retaken while we were still pondering it and dallying about the place like old ladies.

The issue of what qualifies as an RP region is a very real one. We don't really want a situation where randoms can declare themselves RPers and suddenly be immune to our lols. ;)

I can understand that some might have found our sincerity questionable given the general dislike of gameplay groups from most RPers. But equally they need to understand this is all very new to us, given we previously have basically griefed whomever we wished. We are at least trying, and I'd think that worth some credit. From our perspective, six pilers was really merely nominal support, certainly a minor fraction of our usual strength. So I'd ask that they cut us a little bit of slack for now as we flounder about the place. Progress is messy. :blush:
Albion ♠ Come write stories with us on our community forum!

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - A. Einstein

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Tancerlo wrote:We are rather hoping we can avoid this situation entirely in the future by paying slightly more attention to where we throw our strength. So hopefully your hypothetical situation won't ever be a problem.

Of course :)

Should despite our best efforts it happen again however, yes, we would consider pulling out entirely. I'm not going to commit to saying we will pull out, as I dislike absolutes and that decision would depend on context, but a discussion will be had on this. We did consider a complete withdrawal in Paradoxia in fact, but the region was retaken while we were still pondering it and dallying about the place like old ladies.

Great to hear, and naturally I wouldn't expect an absolute commitment, especially on a hypothetical :P

The issue of what qualifies as an RP region is a very real one. We don't really want a situation where randoms can declare themselves RPers and suddenly be immune to our lols. ;)

The issue of who is an RPing region is one that vexes RPers as well :P

I can understand that some might have found our sincerity questionable given the general dislike of gameplay groups from most RPers. But equally they need to understand this is all very new to us, given we previously have basically griefed whomever we wished. We are at least trying, and I'd think that worth some credit. From our perspective, six pilers was really merely nominal support, certainly a minor fraction of our usual strength. So I'd ask that they cut us a little bit of slack for now as we flounder about the place. Progress is messy. :blush:

Certainly understand.

I do sincerely like this change in policy, and look forward to seeing it in action!
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Charles Cerebella
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Cerebella » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:48 am

King: His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Charles Cerebella
Crown Princess: Her Imperial Highness, Lady MagentaFairy
Prince: His Royal Highness, Lord Cassius

Chief Knight: The Fox
Arch-Mage: His Highly Learned Magnificence, Sir Moly Calidan
Knight of War and Lady High Constable: The Warbringer, Lady Fleur de Mal
Knight Foreign: Her Scheming Excellency, Dame Olivia Calidan
Knight Interior: Sir Bert
Knight Cultural: Sir Enahsian Calidan
Chief Bard: Dame Wednesday Cerebella

Region | | Forum | | Twitter

328,589 forum posts | | 449 Nations

Tricycle Riders Dabble in Communism

Recently on the political front, Albion bustled alive with the Chief Knight elections. This time around five candidates smoothed over their bald spots and furiously attempt to rub away the creases in their doublets; Sir Seth Calidan, Sir Enahsian Calidan, Sir Tyrion Saxton and one of our newest residents, Tulliveo.

As the votes rolled in and the 48hrs flew past, the Round Table congratulatory welcomes The Fox once again to the Chief Knight’s Chair. Joining him this term is Sir Bert as Knight Interior, Sir Enahsian Calidan as Knight Cultural and Dame Wednesday Cerebella as Chief Bard. Congratulations to all!

This time, the Round Table says farewell to the wonderful, yet short lived position of Chief Recruiter. After lengthy discussion and debate, the position was removed and deemed a role that is not for a single person to manage, but a role that should be undertaken by the entire Round Table. As many of you, I'm sure are aware, recruitment is a vital aspect of our flourishing successes and this success is better achieved as a team.

I'll Be Your Player 1...

..if you be my player 2. *wink*

Amongst it's old faithfuls, Albion now has two new Role Plays for citizens to wet their feet in. The first is called Riptide whereby players take on the role of a crew member upon the SCS Riptide, a 70 year old, heavily-converted merchant ship. When you create your character you can choose from three primary cultures; Armiss, Selene and Eldasahr. Armiss and Selene are both a post-human race, and Eldasahr are a race of aliens. Or, alternatively, you may choose to create a human character from one of the colonial worlds along the western frontier of known space. Once decided, you embark on a journey across the vast Three World Federation participating in various missions and adventures such as delivering sensitive cargo, offering your muscle here and there, pursuing bounties and whatever else may come your way. Riptide can be considered a colourful mixture of Firefly and Cowboy Bebop with a sprinkle of Sherlock Holmes, Evangelion and H.P Lovecraft. Be sure to drop by to check it out.

Secondly, Albion sees the (re)introduction of Tribes. A game where you become the patron deity (a god) of a small tribe. Inspired by the game Black and White, as well as many other forms of fantasy role plays, the deities gradually gain power, and flaunt their influence on their people, affecting their very lives. Conquest, growth, death and worship make this RP truly magical. The RP stands out from others as it relies more heavily on the Game Master, rather than lengthy RP posts from the players. It unlocks imagination above all else. Be sure to stop by and check this one out too.

On the more graphical front, Albion was recently overtaken by the urge to take to the skies and 'pwn some n00bs' when Guns of Icarus went on sale on Steam. Born out of a fierce rivalry with the air forces of the Kingdom of Alexandria, numerous citizens of Albion took to the air in their steampunk airships to duel with other budding captains and crews, leading to some epic battles and a few humiliating defeats for the Alexandrians! Do you and/or your region dabble in Guns of Icarus? If so, Albion would love to take to the skies with you too!

But wait, there’s more..

Albion is alive once again with its very own Minecraft server. Yep, that's right, it’s all ours. Albion's forums have long been filled with in depth descriptions and literature that bring to life the world of Albion, and now, citizens have embarked on creating a Minecraft'eque vision of that. The completion of Bowerstone and Fairfax Castle is well under-way, with locations for each City State also being pursued. We have various player envisioned towns, ships, airships, docks, keeps, towers, temples and gardens. Not to mention all done in survival mode too.

How does a soldier catch a wolf?
...He uses his bayin' net

No that's not the banner of a new raider group that's the new official flag of the Royal Albion Legion! Designed by our very own Corinne; this flag had a lot of great competition from Albion's designers, but it was this design that won out. Look for it on the battlefield!

The RAL has been deployed to assist in the Raider Unity operation in The Black Riders, this is where angry players occupied the raider stronghold. To coincide with this operation, there has been The Black Hawks' Raidercon with the aim of celebrating raiding and to foster community amongst the R/D crowd. One of the guest panellist speakers was our very own Lady High Constable, Fleur de Mal, speaking about "non-raider regions."

We Put the "Fun" in "Dysfunctional"
...truths, half truths, or blatant lies.... you pick.

The City States of Silverpine and Brightwall have been at war again. This time it's over a "bird."

Council reforms are currently in discussion. Albion may very well end up with one instead of two.

Chief Magistrate, Tyrion Saxton was caught running naked through Bowerstone. Seems he has a bit of an exhibionist streak.

Olivia Calidan is set to embark on a mysterious journey to Shang-Graham-Crackah, the land of ancient Loot Secrets.

The village of Montrose-Upon-Berwyck has recently been destroyed by a great wave of molasses.

Sir John Harquin of Roxbury was charged with murder of the last Spice Lord of Frank.

Public opinions in desperate need of retuning, says Crown Authorities.

Yours,

Albion
Charles Cerebella

King of Albion

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:25 am

Great to see.
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:33 am

I approve of the Nigel banner very much. Also a very good update.
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Charles Cerebella
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Cerebella » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:47 am

Thank you both ^_^

Nigel has a very important role in our culture and history :lol:
Charles Cerebella

King of Albion

King Alexander
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 17, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby King Alexander » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Recently, Our naval forces attempted a raid on the region of Kantrias. The raid was un-successful and has caused a great deal of grief for the people of Kantrias. We were acting on faulty intelligence given by a disreputable source. The region was not an enemy state, but instead was allied to Our allies Albion and Europeia.

We, on behalf of the people and government of the Kingdom of Great Britain apologize from the bottom of Our hearts to Our noble allies in Albion and Europeia, and of course the people of Kantrias. We offer any aid necessary to rebuild their region after the unfortunate and misdirected attack.

Signed,

George VI R.I.
Victor, Wales
Last edited by King Alexander on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
His Royal Britannic Majesty
King Henry John Arthur Stuart-Mountbatten IX
By the Grace of God and Parliament, King of The Kingdom of Great Britain

WE CAN NOT BE CONFUSE

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:43 am

King Alexander wrote:Recently, Our naval forces attempted a raid on the region of Kantrias. The raid was un-successful and has caused a great deal of grief for the people of Kantrias. We were acting on faulty intelligence given by a disreputable source. The region was not an enemy state, but instead was allied to Our allies Albion and Europeia.

We, on behalf of the people and government of the Kingdom of Great Britain apologize from the bottom of Our hearts to Our noble allies in Albion and Europeia, and of course the people of Kantrias. We offer any aid necessary to rebuild their region after the unfortunate and misdirected attack.

Well, I was the one who suggested the raid of Kantrias to Vac so I suppose I'm the "disreputable source." There was no "faulty intelligence"; I pointed out to Vac that Kantrias had been an ally of The LKE and I thought it still was -- that turned out to be incorrect, but it was on Vac to confirm -- and I also pointed out to Vac that The LKE were not the only ones who would be angry if Kantrias was raided. These were risks of which Vac was well informed, and he opted to move forward with the raid anyway, as did you, Your Majesty.

The difference between Asgard and The Kingdom of Great Britain -- besides the former having a more competent founder who has never destroyed a forum -- is that I didn't try to lie my way out of my actions to save Asgard from the anger of people I already knew would be angry.

While I'm here, I'll apologize to Albion as well. I apologize for raiding your treaty ally trying to be loyal and helpful to this lying farce of a King. Won't make that mistake again.

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alabaster Isles » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:42 pm

King: His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Charles Cerebella
Queen: Her Imperial and Royal Majesty, Lady MagentaFairy
Prince: His Royal Highness, Lord Cassius

Chief Knight: Majestas
Arch-Mage: His Highly Learned Magnificence, Lord Moly Calidan
Knight of War and Lady High Constable: The Warbringer, Prince Christopher Bishop
Knight Foreign: Her Scheming Excellency, Lady Olivia Calidan
Knight Interior: Moolaha
Knight Cultural: Evanei Riket
Chief Bard: Sir Aedan Mac Riket

Region | | Forum | | Twitter

409,494 forum posts | | 565 Nations

Long May She Reign

If you were not already aware, Albion now sees a Queen sitting upon the throne alongside King Charles. This Queen is none other than Clarissa MagentaFairy. A rise the King and the people of Albion rejoiced.

In the beginning Queen Clarissa started her NationStates journey within the Interior department of The New Inquisition and soon becoming a successful culture minister.

“Culture has always been my favourite ministry. I've done it for TNI, Kantrias, LKE and many others.”

Kantrias was then where She took an interest in legislature. As her experience and confidence grew, She then went on to join legislative bodies in both Ainur and TNI.

Queen Clarissa also shares that her favourite part of NationStates for a long while was being a part of the military.

“My military experience started in TNI, where I learnt to raid, lead raids and delegate tasks. I moved up the ranks, finally ending my climb as Deputy General of UIAF before it was disbanded. In my NS lifetime I have visited and held citizenship to a lot of regions in the past. I've been an active ambassador for a few regions to other regions. Often I would pick up small jobs like recruiter, as a way of being useful to regions.”

Queen Clarissa was amongst the few still remaining who participated in the founding of Albion itself, and Albion is where she has been since.

“After assisting with the founding of Albion, I became the Archduchess of Shalefields and sat on the Grand Council. I've been the Lady Commander, leader of the Royal Albion Legion, and I also served as Crown Princess under King Charles until he asked me to be Queen alongside him.”

In closing She expresses,

“If I look back on my journey through NationStates, I've loved meeting all of those I have as well as talking to the friends I have made along the way. I am also extremely humbled to have been entrusted with the role I have as Queen of Albion and I look forward to helping guide our future.”

Albion passes the 400,000 post mark!

The Heralds hark while the minstrels sing, or so say those who continue to celebrate this momentous achievement. How are they celebrating you may ask? By posting more, of course!

We appreciate and thanks every diplomat, member, visitor and citizen who has helped our forums procure this golden number. Albion eagerly (and mercilessly) looks forward to the journey toward 500,000.

On a scale of North Korea to America, how free are you tonight?

The political train of the Chief Knight Elections rolled round as candidates dragged themselves from the pubs to address the city streets with their hopes and promises should they be elected. This election we saw Majestas taking the reigns and diving in head first.For her team this term she has chosen Moolaha as her Knight Interior, Evanei Riket for Knight Cultural and Sir Aedan is back in the helm as Chief Bard.

The City of Brightwall and their carousing over the past months has seen several turnovers of leadership. Rumour has it spiked mead is to blame for the fall of officials. Nonetheless, the Lady Aynia of Whitespire showed no fear as she took her seat as Mayor. The cities of Silverpine and Shalefields, however, remain stable.

Why are zombies easier to get into character for than skeletons?
..because they are more fleshed out.

As always, Albion’s Role Play community continues to thrive. The imagination of her people never stops even during the times that are most quiet. Albion’s core role play “Albion of Today” received a clean slate seeing all previous stories moved to the archives. Citizens wishing to partake now explore to uncover the map and perhaps find themselves a new home.

The Crucible, Albion’s role play hub may have seen one or two role plays be tucked away into the archives (may they rest peacefully), however, new ones have emerged to make their mark. The first of these we write about is called Deep Blu. Set in the year 2101, approximately fifty years after an asteroid struck the Earth and devastated the world, rendering the surface uninhabitable. Deep Blu takes place within the Mariana Trench in an underwater metropolis of the same name which started life as a state-of-the-art deep sea laboratory, constant warring between nation states and a lack of initial concern meant warnings from astronomers over the potential of an impact resulted in the world being ill-prepared for the encroaching space rock, with no other feasible recourse humanity scrambled to find a way to ensure it's own survival, many dug deep, heading as far underground as possible, whilst others looked to the oceans, building deep sea cities to ensure their survival, Deep Blu was one of the resultant settlements, the lab being hastily expanded upon, to harbour and sustain a significant population as the world above burned.

Next, The Crucible introduces Empires Under the Sun. A nation based role play set at the end of 1945 in an alternate world called Victoria. Unlike other nation based role plays, Empires Under the Sun allows players to create non-human races for their nations.While stories and plot lines may be sparingly introduced, this role-play itself has no set direction and thus, it is up to the players to decide on where their world goes.

Lastly, The Crucible introduces the Final Frontier. An adventure through the wild west, where one is to choose an alignment of either the good, the bad or the ugly from within one of three regions: the South west, the Northwest or Mexico. The adventure begins when players create their own character as well as the Frontier town from which they hail. Giddy-Up!

Which soldiers are good at killing knights?

...The off-a-sirs!

Prince Christopher Bishop, Prince of Ravenscar took over as Lord High Constable of the Royal Albion Legion (RAL) replacing Lord Seven Deaths, Count of Arcadia. Seven Deaths took over during the intermediate period between Christopher Bishop and Fleur de Mal helping keeping active and morale up. Christopher Bishop had experience commanding armed forces and was convincing choice for taking over the RAL.

The RAL assisted on many operations with the most recent operation supporting our allies the Land of Kings and Emperors with their deployment in the region of Belgium. The operation in Belgium showed a large number from many regions claiming closer to 88 endorsements. The RAL lend support to Europeia another ally of Albion in their deployment in Anarchy and as well the Black Hawks in their deployment in Middle Earth, which cannot get enough Albion intervention.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.
...truths, half truths, or blatant lies.... you pick.

Rumour has it the King is to marry. The servants of Fairfax have began a betting pool to see which of their children drowns the other first.

The City of Bowerstone has seen a shortage of pretzels and peanut butter. .Authorities are currently investigating the Saxton family after one too many were seen staggering around the docks.

A Foreign Policy? No way -- I mean, wait --- really?

The Mages have been cooped up in their towers for weeks now, it seems none of them can figure out what happens when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question.

Albion recently acquired Machiavelli as a citizen; the people are terrified of what Queen Fairy may learn from him…

Forks: those wonderful new fangled dingle hoppers

Yours,

Albion
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

MagentaFairy
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Statement on Osiris

Postby MagentaFairy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:37 am

Region||Forum||Twitter

Statement on Osiris

Albion is appalled by the recent events that are taking place in Osiris, and does not support - nor finds common ground with - the actions of the transitional government.

Albion hereby refuses to acknowledge this government as the rightful body of Osiris, and instead chooses to support the rightfully elected, The Almighty Jesus Whale.

Albion offers both military and diplomatic aid to all those allied against the transitional government and hope for a swift, if not peaceful, resolution.

Signed,
Queen Clarissa MagentaFairy
King Charles Cerebella
Knight Foreign of Albion, Olivia Calidan
Princess of Albion, Clarissa MagentaFairy Cerebella-Saxton
Local Love-Bug

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:56 am

I'm disappointed in Albion's decision, but at least it's a professional and concise statement.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Alabaster Isles » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:19 am

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Beers afterwards then? :P
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:37 am

Sure. :hug:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Final Statement on Osiris

Postby Alabaster Isles » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am

Final Statement Regarding Osiris

The Kingdom of Albion wishes to formally announce that it has withdrawn all diplomatic and military support offered. All military operations within the region have ceased, and all military units are departing. For the remaining duration of the ordeal, the Kingdom of Albion will be neutral and with hopes that a peaceful outcome will find its way to Osiris and its citizens.

Even though Albion and Osiris have shared relations for nearly three years now, (almost the entire life of Albion itself). The Kingdom of Albion recognizes the ending of this alliance with Osiris, and would like to add that we will not be looking to re-establish ties now, or within the foreseeable future.

Signed,

Queen Clarissa MagentaFairy
King Charles Cerebella
Lord High Commander, Prince Christopher Bishop
Knight Foreign of Albion, Olivia Calidan
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 am

Thank you for the withdrawal of your forces, and best wishes to Albion.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:33 am

Alabaster Isles wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way.

Beers afterwards then? :P

Ridersyl wrote:Sure. :hug:

Beers? :lol:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

-Equalia-
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby -Equalia- » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:44 pm

The Return of the Departure of the King by Seven Deaths (for related reading)

The sound of her footsteps bounced to and fro off the stone castle walls as she made her way to the tallest tower of Fairfax Castle. The Queen’s heart raced with something that was a mixture of excitement and worry. For as long as anyone can remember the tower in questions, colloquially known as the King’s Respite, had been off-limits to everyone save the King himself. Not even the castle staff were allowed up there to clean for fear they’d mess with the ‘magic of the room’ as King Charles had put it. When he disappeared and Christopher was King for a short time, the room had locked itself from within, impervious to many a mage’s attempts to gain entry, which gave rise to the rumor that Charles had locked himself within for some unknown reason.

All these thoughts swirled in Clarissa’s head as she ascended the stairs at a run, pulling up on her dress so as not to trip herself, for if Charles was summoning her now, to this room, there had to be some reason.

She feared the worst.

Finally, the door was before her and it appeared so...ordinary. Made of some rough cut wood from the forests that lay nearby, the door held none of the sophistication that should have marked a room of such import. There was no ornate carvings, no gloss or gleam, it hadn’t even been sanded down. She felt as if she could get a splinter just looking at it. This was a peasant’s door. She took a deep breath and knocked loudly.

“Come in.” Her hand found the handle of the door easily enough, but her heart stopped beating temporarily, as she pushed the door open, not sure what to expect. What she found wasn’t what she expected. It was small, much too small to be the fabled King’s Respite. One of the most widely spread rumors was that when SD was Arch-Mage, he mixed magic with Time Lord science to expand the room, making it larger on the inside. Some even said that the tower held an entire universe inside. This couldn’t be further from the truth.

Every inch of wall space was covered with shelving and those shelvings were crammed full with books. Old and new, large and small, some written in other languages, some in their native tongue, but it seemed improbable that one person could own this many books. Charles sat in the middle of the literary chaos at a desk that looked ready to fall apart, pouring over books. Pages upon pages of notes, scribbled in his hasty scrawl lay strewn everywhere in what Clarissa could only assume constituted an organized chaos. He looked up from his notetaking and spoke.

“Clarissa.” He said formally, before smiling. The smile softened his face, removed the King from him and replaced it with friend; father. Charles was never a malevolent ruler, but he could be stern when he needed to be and sometimes his face wore it like a hat, no where else to put it, but easily tossed aside. “Claire.” He stood from the desk and came around the side, careful not to knock over any book or loose parchment, and embraced her. “I’m glad you’re here. How was the honeymoon?”

“It was beautiful, thank you. Currently, we’re arguing about whether to make our summer home at Shalefields or Arcadia.”

“Ahh, the squabbles of newlyweds. When I married your fathers, we had twice as many homes to choose from and it was a nightmare to sort out. Consider yourself lucky you only have one husband.” He smiled and gestured for her to follow him. There was a break in the wall that led to a small balcony that overlooked the whole of Bowerstone. From their vantage point, you could see the cogs turning down below as merchants sold their goods, townsfolk ate and laughed and worked, cats chased rats down alleys, dogs begged for scraps at the butchers, everything in Bowerstone had it’s place and kept the wheel moving.

“Father?” Clarissa has a tone of worry in her voice that was hard to hide. “Why did you summon me up here? Especially now, after all this time?”

“I didn’t summon you, my dear. I invited you as my equal. I’m leaving.”

“Leaving?” Her tone suggested the incredulousness of his declaration.

“Do you know why I decided to build Fairfax Castle on this hill?”

Clarissa thought about this for a moment. “Because the hill gave us a better advantage against any who might try to take the castle.”

Charles chuckled. “No, child. It was a long time ago when our small party landed on the shores of Albion, but to me it seems like yesterday. We crested the hill this castle was built on and I looked across at all the open land and do you know what I saw? I didn’t see the planes or the marshes that used to be there. I saw this.”

He gestured out at the city now, bustling away unaware that their King was looking down on them, smiling gleefully. “I saw the potential and the future that we could have and though I am King, most of the credit isn’t mine and nor is it yours. It’s theirs.” Once more, he gestured to the city. “Albion has been lucky to have the best of souls leading her, but we are nothing without the folk down there. That’s why the King’s Respite is so ordinary. It keeps me grounded in reality and after I am gone, I’d like you to keep that in mind as you redecorate.”

“But you haven’t said why you’re leaving…”

“We all have a destiny, out there waiting for us, but if we sit cooped up in our tall towers all day, it’ll never find us. I love Albion. I cherish her, the people I’ve met and all the memories it’s given me. I’ll hold all of it in my heart for the rest of my life, but I have another love filling my heart. History. I intend to delve into the scholarly arts, but I can’t do that with a Kingdom to run, so I’m leaving my Kingdom with the person I trust most in this world. You.”

“So, just like that, you’re leaving us so you can study history?” She seemed more hurt than angry, but her tone just didn’t come out right.

“There’s more to life than this. Staying tethered here… I’m standing still when I should be running towards the future with nothing more than my books and the knowledge that everything I’ve built behind me is safe. You’ll do that for me, won’t you? You’ll keep Albion safe for me while I’m gone?”

Clarissa broke slightly, a tear forming in her eye and running down her cheek. “Of course, father.” She smiled and turned to look at the city. The shops were closing and people were beginning to turn in for the night as the setting sun signaled the end to another day. They were her people now. Not to rule over, but to protect and inspire for years to come. “How do I know if I’m ready to lead alone?” Silence met her words so she turned and was faced only with an empty room. The rickety old desk, the walls of books, all of it was gone. The only thing that remained in the entire tower was a piece of parchment paper. She picked it up and written on it was a single word in her father’s heavy scrawl.

“Faith.”

It is with heavy heart that I make this official. Our beloved King Charles Cerebella has decided not to return to NationStates and Albion. Originally he went on a leave to complete his PhD, however now he feels that he shouldn't and can't return. He wants everyone to know that he says hello and thinks about us all. Any announcement of mine wouldn't be complete without a little emotional rollercoaster. Charles Cerebella has been one of my closest friends, greatest mentor and dedicated teachers. He was patient and kind. A true leader who inspired people to discover their strengths and work around their weaknesses. The loyalty and love he felt for Albion has always been genuine. Working tirelessly, he ensured we survived and thrived.

With his leaving, I become the sole monarch of Albion. Of course I still have the wonderful support from you all, so I'm not alone in taking care of the region. I've always adored this region and the people in it. I'd like to give a big thank you to SD for writing the wonderful and emotional story. I still tear up reading it. The word 'faith' has a whole new meaning to it.

As we mourn his leaving, remember and celebrate his hard work. Let's make Albion thrive, just like Cere did for us.

Caddy Saxton
Albion

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:04 pm

Albion has been an increasingly rare long-term success story; Cere should be very proud of the legacy he'll be leaving behind in NationStates. I'm sure MagentaFairy will do a great job as the sole monarch. Best wishes for the future.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay