NATION

PASSWORD

NEW Flag Makers/Requests

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am

Eriterland wrote:This is my nation's flag at the moment: https://i.imgur.com/dt69Bsw.png

Currently, I am struggling to figure out how can I make my flag to be visually appealing with these to symbols.

If you are going to add the symbol, can I request that the color scheme of the leopard to be white (not yellow) and make its tail thicker, just like the snow leopards, as well as have two tails? I would want to have olive branches to be placed under the leopards as preferred.

Also, I am not sure if my color scheme is even a good one to be an European flag. You change change the color scheme, if you want to. However, because my nation is loosely based off real-life Austria, Switzerland, France and Denmark, I want my flag to fit as if they originated from the Alps. Again, this is optional. Also, I wasn't sure if the tri-bars should go vertically, like I intended, or horizontally, so you can play around with it as well.

In fact, you can overhaul my entire flag and make it better!

Thank you! :) :)

European flags tend to be old in heraldic terms, and thus relatively simple, mostly just geometric divisions and plain colours. The colours also tend to be simple - somewhat darker and more saturated than the ones you currently have.

The symbols you listed might be good on a coat of arms, but IMHO are not good for a flag. The wreath is a rather lame and overused symbol in any case.

The suggestion below fits all that, and can be read as a snow-covered mountain, thus suggesting the alpine feel you wanted. The link to your current flag is obvious.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Jambekistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jambekistan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:35 pm

I posted this on the Seals and logo request thread, but got no response. I'll try again here:
I need a seal for the government along the format of this with the knight dude replaced with a crescent like this. The ribbon should be replaced with the jambek flag ribbon thingie, and the instead of the cyrillic lettering I would like "جامبکیستان" in its place.

(I know this is the wrong thread, but...)

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Jambekistan wrote:(I know this is the wrong thread, but...)

But nothing. Take it to the right thread, please.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Jambekistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jambekistan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Eriterland wrote:This is my nation's flag at the moment: https://i.imgur.com/dt69Bsw.png

Currently, I am struggling to figure out how can I make my flag to be visually appealing with these to symbols.

If you are going to add the symbol, can I request that the color scheme of the leopard to be white (not yellow) and make its tail thicker, just like the snow leopards, as well as have two tails? I would want to have olive branches to be placed under the leopards as preferred.

Also, I am not sure if my color scheme is even a good one to be an European flag. You change change the color scheme, if you want to. However, because my nation is loosely based off real-life Austria, Switzerland, France and Denmark, I want my flag to fit as if they originated from the Alps. Again, this is optional. Also, I wasn't sure if the tri-bars should go vertically, like I intended, or horizontally, so you can play around with it as well.

In fact, you can overhaul my entire flag and make it better!

Thank you! :) :)

I completely changed it, and I'm not very satisfied with the result...

Eriterland
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eriterland » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Sorry for my late reply...

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:

Currently, I am struggling...

European flags tend to be old in heraldic terms, and thus relatively simple, mostly just geometric divisions and plain colours. The colours also tend to be simple - somewhat darker and more saturated than the ones you currently have.

The symbols you listed might be good on a coat of arms, but IMHO are not good for a flag. The wreath is a rather lame and overused symbol in any case.

The suggestion below fits all that, and can be read as a snow-covered mountain, thus suggesting the alpine feel you wanted. The link to your current flag is obvious.

Wow! That looks great! I actually never thought about that type of design! Your flag actually looks better than my does. I agree with you on the symbols, since I was look at bunch of European flags that has coat of arms. Maybe I was a little too rushed to gather my ideas. Thank you for taking my request! :)

Jambekistan wrote:

Currently, I am struggling...

I completely changed it, and I'm not very satisfied with the result...

You did a good job anyways! It's enough for me to get start working on it. When I actually find the time, I can sit down and revamp your design a little better to match my preference. I can actually use that flag as an alternative, such as if my nation went into war with other nations. Thank you for taking my request! :)
Last edited by Eriterland on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Tuaban, which now peacefully resides in the Boneyard.

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Could someone perhaps make a higher quality version of an older flag of mine?

I will be comparing it to my current flag (which was also made in this thread) to see which I like more.
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

Al-Ismailiyya
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ismailiyya » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:33 am

Could someone change the background of this to black and the emblem itself to #D4AF37 or a similar gold? Thank you.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Al-Ismailiyya wrote:
Could someone change the background of this to black and the emblem itself to #D4AF37 or a similar gold? Thank you.

Last edited by Malphe on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malphe Vytherov

Japanazitaly
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Japanazitaly » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:26 pm

I want something that fits the three major Axis powers of WW2, which is where I got my nation's name from. Without breaking site rules, of course.

Not exactly sure what I want more than that. Maybe a pentagram or a goat's head, to make it like a satanist Reich.

(I assume it's not needed to be pointed out, but still: I'm not really a satanist Nazi.)

Malphe
Diplomat

Postby Malphe » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Japanazitaly wrote:I want something that fits the three major Axis powers of WW2, which is where I got my nation's name from. Without breaking site rules, of course.

Not exactly sure what I want more than that. Maybe a pentagram or a goat's head, to make it like a satanist Reich.

(I assume it's not needed to be pointed out, but still: I'm not really a satanist Nazi.)

One of the more out there requests, but sure, I can try.

(Green representing Italy)
(Because we need even more italy)
Malphe Vytherov

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Can some one make a flag, based on the current one, and the Hoi4 variations, with a distinctive Syndicalist flair.
Latest in news: The Grand Duke comments on the weather: ‘Tis very clammy
New Castillan Empire wrote:An MT nation with a large-ass navy and one ridiculously powerful bomb.

Greater Free Oceania
Secretary

Founded: Feb 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Free Oceania » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Sikagoa wrote:Can some one make a flag, based on the current one, and the Hoi4 variations, with a distinctive Syndicalist flair.

Anarcho-Syndicalism or National Syndicalism? Because those are two very different things.
The Federal Republic of Atlantica
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
<>< ● くコ:彡 ● <><
A seafaring federal republic in the northern Atlantic ocean. Notable for it's kind people, cultural diversity, and not having enough land for it's population.
This nation does not represent my views, but I probably wouldn't mind living there
Canon name is Atlantica IC Year: 2021

Atlantican News Agency - President Granger officially renewed the Euro-Atlantican Trade Deal earlier today. | Large pirate ship captured without shots fired by the Atlantican Navy in southern Brila Suno.

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Greater Free Oceania wrote:
Sikagoa wrote:Can some one make a flag, based on the current one, and the Hoi4 variations, with a distinctive Syndicalist flair.

Anarcho-Syndicalism or National Syndicalism? Because those are two very different things.

Anarcho-Syndicalism
New Castillan Empire wrote:An MT nation with a large-ass navy and one ridiculously powerful bomb.

Greater Free Oceania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Free Oceania » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Sikagoa wrote:
Greater Free Oceania wrote:Anarcho-Syndicalism or National Syndicalism? Because those are two very different things.

Anarcho-Syndicalism

here you go, if you wanted one based on all the HoI4 variations then I can do that too
Last edited by Greater Free Oceania on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A seafaring federal republic in the northern Atlantic ocean. Notable for it's kind people, cultural diversity, and not having enough land for it's population.
This nation does not represent my views, but I probably wouldn't mind living there

Atlantican News Agency - President Granger officially renewed the Euro-Atlantican Trade Deal earlier today. | Large pirate ship captured without shots fired by the Atlantican Navy in southern Brila Suno.

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Sikagoa wrote: Anarcho-Syndicalism

here you go, if you wanted one based on all the HoI4 variations then I can do that too

Yes please
Last edited by Sikagoa on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Free Oceania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Free Oceania » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Sikagoa wrote:
Greater Free Oceania wrote:here you go, if you wanted one based on all the HoI4 variations then I can do that too

Yes please

Couldn't make the axe for the Fascist one in the flag design software I use, sorry.

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Sikagoa wrote:Yes please

Couldn't make the axe for the Fascist one in the flag design software I use, sorry.

And these look great!

Japanazitaly
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Japanazitaly » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:47 am

Malphe wrote:
Japanazitaly wrote:I want something that fits the three major Axis powers of WW2, which is where I got my nation's name from. Without breaking site rules, of course.

One of the more out there requests, but sure, I can try.

All of them are awesome, thank you! :) I can't help but feeling Germany is left out though. Maybe it somehow can work with the Kriegsmarine flag with the pentagram for the first flag instead of the swastika? And the Italian shield along, and something representing Japan?

The American Principality
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The American Principality » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:57 am

Could someone make me a flag for new England, symbolizing its re-handover to the British monarchy in the 21st c?

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:15 pm

The American Principality wrote:Could someone make me a flag for new England, symbolizing its re-handover to the British monarchy in the 21st c?

Here is my take on it. It combines the flag of New England with the traditional British colony flag

Malphe
Diplomat

Postby Malphe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Japanazitaly wrote:
Malphe wrote:One of the more out there requests, but sure, I can try.

(Image)
(Image)
(Image)
(Image)

All of them are awesome, thank you! :) I can't help but feeling Germany is left out though. Maybe it somehow can work with the Kriegsmarine flag with the pentagram for the first flag instead of the swastika? And the Italian shield along, and something representing Japan?

Well, the flag is based off the Japanese Rising Sun flag already, so that's Japan covered. Here are some more ideas I'm flinging at the wall. I kinda like the really red one.
Malphe Vytherov

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The American Principality » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Tamrida wrote:
The American Principality wrote:Could someone make me a flag for new England, symbolizing its re-handover to the British monarchy in the 21st c?

Here is my take on it. It combines the flag of New England with the traditional British colony flag

Love it!
My only suggestion is to darken the blue of the union to fit my national flag better.
Thanks so much

Malphe
Diplomat

Postby Malphe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:31 pm

The American Principality wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Here is my take on it. It combines the flag of New England with the traditional British colony flag

Love it!
My only suggestion is to darken the blue of the union to fit my national flag better.
Thanks so much

Malphe Vytherov

Rosengarten
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rosengarten » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Here's another option if you feel like it! It is a simplified Union Jack and the six stars of the modern, unofficial flag of New England representing the six states of the region.
The Republic of Rosengarten
Wikipedia | Political Compass
Est. 1848 | MT Tech | Maps
Gerhard. Trans Male. Student.
Art of the Week
Self-Portrait as a Heel II
Song of the Week Nemesis

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The American Principality » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Malphe wrote:
The American Principality wrote:Love it!
Thanks so much

Thanks!
Rosengarten wrote:

Here's another option if you feel like it! It is a simplified Union Jack and the six stars of the modern, unofficial flag of New England representing the six states of the region.

Wow, that's really nice too, I'll find a use for it

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay